Author Topic: Diplomacy, TV!  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Izhitsa

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Izhitsa
Diplomacy, TV!
« on: July 06, 2022, 05:53:57 AM »
A red envelope, ornately decorated with golden images of dragons, knots, and pheasants, arrived, sealed with wax. Inside it lay three copies of the same letter, in Feng, Latin, and English.

Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re, Sovereign of Sovereigns, Divine of Appearance, Beloved of Amun, Chosen of Ra, Lord of the Three Lands, Ruler of Justice like Ra, High Priest of Every Temple, the Eye of Horus, Satisfied is the heart of Ra,

Our nation, The Democracy, has once again flung open its doors to the world, and is eager to make contact with all of Mundus’s nations and peoples. However, as you may have heard, in our country no one person has the authority to negotiate on behalf of the entire state. In fact, every citizen has the right to draft treaties with other nations and propose that they be ratified by the majority vote of a large portion of our citizens.
In order to create and publicise a potential treaty of friendship and freedom of movement between our two countries, we would like to formally invite you or your diplomatic representative to negotiate with some of our top luminaries on live television. Such a public negotiation would ensure that every citizen could be satisfied as to the contents and consequences of the treaty and all but guarantee its ratification.
We are able to provide travel to and accommodation in The Democracy, and there will be no barriers to your stay in our country. Please respond as to your interest in this endeavour.

Guo Tianming

Offline Izhitsa

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Izhitsa
Re: Diplomacy, TV!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 04:48:01 AM »
After so long without a reply from Clysperis, Guo Tianming decided to hedge his bets. After all, he didn't want the management to think him a fool. So, he sent one of several backup letters he'd had written:

The red envelope, sealed with wax, was ornately decorated to evoke the symbols of the old Feng Kingdom. Dragons and pheasants festooned the envelope along with fake golden highlights. Inside it were four copies of the same letter, in Feng, Latin, English, and roughly translated Onishi.

Go-Tenshi Tennō,

Our nation, The Democracy, has once again flung open its doors to the world, and is eager to make contact with all of Mundus’s nations and peoples. However, as you may have heard, in our country no one person has the authority to negotiate on behalf of the entire state. In fact, every citizen has the right to draft treaties with other nations and propose that they be ratified by the majority vote of a large portion of our citizens.
In order to create and publicise a potential treaty of friendship and freedom of movement between our two countries, we would like to formally invite you or your diplomatic representative to negotiate with some of our top luminaries on live television. Such a public negotiation would ensure that every citizen could be satisfied as to the contents and consequences of the treaty and all but guarantee its ratification. It would also provide an excellent first reintroduction between our two nations and allow our two peoples to become acquainted on purely cordial terms.
We are able to provide travel to and accommodation in The Democracy, and there will be no barriers to your stay in our country. Please respond as to your interest in this endeavour.

Guo Tianming

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 07:04:18 AM »

To the honourable Guo Tianming, good health and long life be yours,
   I would like to begin by saying that I offer the best wishes of the Empire of Daitō to the people of Mínguó on their noble decision to restore contact with the outside world. I must admit that, even as I stand as Emperor of Daitō, a position which may seem antithetical to the ideals which you have pursued, I find myself impressed by the system you have established and the progress which you have achieved. Naturally, it is my sincerest hope that strong diplomatic ties may be forged, as steady as a mountain in a storm and as adaptable as a meandering river. As such, I take great joy in the offer which, on the behalf of the Feng people, you have graciously made and in turn, I shall accept. It is my belief, as it is the belief of the Empire of Daitō and its people, that an East Ardia which works together is one which shall forever be stronger than the sum of its parts.

I am certain that, together with the people of Mínguó, we shall strive to achieve an outcome most beneficial to everyone involved.
Signed,
Daitō Tennō

« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 09:36:52 AM by Daitō »

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 09:24:00 AM »

Please see my remarks on this matter here and forgive the incompetency of those I entrusted with the diplomatic voice of the Kingdom of Clysperis. They have been properly reprimanded and will be in no place to further insult your nation, as I will be personally handling all affairs between the Kingdom and the Democracy from this moment forward.

Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re, Sovereign of Sovereigns, Divine of Appearance, Beloved of Amun, Chosen of Ra, Lord of the Three Lands, Ruler of Justice like Ra, High Priest of Every Temple, the Eye of Horus, Satisfied is the heart of Ra.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis