Author Topic: The Holy Kingdom and the Pagan Theocracy ( Samantra and the Theocracy)  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra

Addressed to: Her Holiness Reverend Mother Erin McGregor
From: His Holiness Alexy, Patriarch of Rus and all the Slavs

I would like to begin by expressing much belated congratulations for emerging victorious in your righteous struggle against the godless forces of Soviet communism. The faithful of Samantra saw your struggle as one of David against Goliath and eventually the whole of Mundus saw that your forces emerged victorious regardless of the might the Soviets pushed against you.

I do not presume to know the Lord’s plans nor do I claim that I always understand His will but what I do understand is that the foundation on which your people have won a great struggle against the Soviets is your faith, the faith that your lead. A religious leader who has played such a great role in fighting Soviet communism is worthy not just of respect from the Holy Kingdom but I dare say the whole of Mundus.

I understand your nation is taking its first steps in the long process to rebuild it and while you already have other great partners, like the Kingdom of Chistopol, to help you in your journey I nevertheless would like to invite you for talks in Novyy Rim, the spiritual capital of the Holy Kingdom, to see how we can work together for betterment of our flocks here and in the afterlife.

May the Lord bless your brave people!
Alexy
Patriarch of Rus and all the Slavs

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
"Patriach of all the Rus" Lidia Ericsson read the letter that the Reverend Mother had permitted her to read. "As we're half Rus, half Gaels which side of me is he Patriach of?" she questioned, "I suspect there is an essay in that." She carefully folded the letter up and replaced it in the envelope no doubt to one day end up the archives of the Theocracy. "Of course I think we should go?"

"We?" The Reverend Mother, Erin McGregor asked as she watched Lidia replace the envelope on her desk. "You're inviting yourself on a diplomatic trip?"

"I'd like to come." As one of the Sisterhoods most senior Missionara's it was to be expected that she take an interest in diplomacy, she had much to offer in terms of advice and she also saw it that she had a duty to provide an accurate record of what would take place for prosperities sake. There was much discussion over the next hour or so as they put together a team to go, it would be much smaller than most nations as the team would have to first cross the desert into Chistopol and from there fly to their hosts and so roughly a week after receiving the letter the team touched down in Samantra. The Corrino family had loaned them a private jet so at least they had a little more prestige about their arrival than landing in a regular scheduled flight.

First to leave the aircraft was Rita Faminio Her parents had escaped Kaitaine when she was still in the womb and she had grown up in Aosta becoming a Truthsayer. Her elegance had seen her embedded with the Harkonnen family as a member of their security detail and she had arrived in Kaitaine itself in the final weeks of their fight for freedom. While normally it would have been the Reverend Mother who would lead the ceremonial robe and the short steps had proven a nightmare upon boarding and so Rita's main role was to ensure it didn't bunch under Erin's feet as she descended. The Reverend Mother had freshly shaved her head, she understood that the faith of Samantra was different to her own but that they placed a great focus upon faith and so it was full regalia. An all black hooded robe circled by a thin steel circlet of metal. Chains hung down her front, one for each branch of the faith and an ornate leather belt hung down with almost the appearence of an apron, the various twists and turns showing a scene of Selim Wormrider coaxing Shai'Halud from the sands. Once secure on the ground she stepped ahead of Rita leaving Lidia and Duke Richard Harkonnen to round of the detail. Lidia naturally wearing the blue dress uniform of a Missionara that could have been misinterpreted as being an army uniform and beside her the Duke in a rather bland plain black suit. Duke Richard was pleased it was his family undertaking this mission. Back in his youth he had pushed more than any other noble for the Bene Gesserit to go "public" but it had not really seemed the right moment until relatively recently. He now had so many ideas he wished to put into practice.

Erin had discussed many times about how to greet the Patriach. "Your Holiness, my the divine bless our meeting" She gave a small bow and had to stop the automatic urge to spit off to the side. "Thank you for the kind invitation. I'm looking forward to seeing your homeland as much as I am talking to you today, I would never have dreamed such a meeting possible."