Author Topic: A Private Message To Crown Princess Serenity  (Read 2365 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
A Private Message To Crown Princess Serenity
« on: July 26, 2022, 12:29:19 AM »

An Invitation To Pyrena Castle; CC: Prime Minister Heishi
Office of the Princess of Azukishima

I don't believe that either of us were done with our exchange of ideas. While the events we've both just witnessed are unfortunate I would wish to continue with our exchange and have secured the Imperial Council Chambers for continued discussions, should you be interested in joining me. I understand the positions raised by our Tytorian allies especially as the First Empire has, throughout the reigns of Saisei and Ōkami placed the Cross-Straits system at the centre of its foreign policies and endeavours. I gave my word that I was interesting in seeing the "blank slate" route through to its conclusion before making any decisions. Transport to the Castle will be available outside of the CSC Headquarters should you accept my invitation.

Princess of Azukishima
Duchess of Pyrettania

Kyōko had brought to a close the first day of the Cross-Straits Summit, "it will be easy" they had said, a friendly gathering that should go without issue. Kyōko could not have expected the competing viewpoints or, despite the best of her efforts, her inability to see some harmony between them. She thus made her way to the Imperial Council Chambers and made an additional call for Grand Marshall Rowe and Tsuji Makoto, chair of the powerful House of Councillors Committee for Foreign Affairs, to join in.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Re: A Private Message To Crown Princess Serenity
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 02:31:52 AM »
Serenity had stared down more than one tinpot dictator at the negotiating table but what had just taken place had reminded her vividly of the Andean Genocide debate at the CTO, right down to the stubborn attitude, what should have been simple to accomplish challenged and met with hostility, though the major parallel was that that had been when the CTO had arguably started to become irrelevant, and now in similar circumstances  so to the CSC. However those of like minds were always free to build, and build they would have to. She opted to take her own car to Pyrena, upon arrival she took a breath, getting her head back in the game, always think about the future. Once she was shown to the Council Chambers she smiled "Last time I was here I think I was talking your sister down from something." she said "Now where were we?"

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 02:38:57 AM »
"Most likely, and most unfortunately," Kyōko replied with a slight sigh. "She couldn't move forward from the era of her time and, in that regard, she was most like Josiah than she could ever care to admit, though he had the good senses to step aside, realizing that he was best as a war-time leader of Seaforth, a "break glass in case of emergency" sort of leader. My sister, well, she lacked that aspect of Josiah's foresight and we can see where that left not only Rokkenjima, but her allies as well. Those missteps won't be repeated again. As to where we were, I last penned my notes in blue. Please, take a seat," she said to Serenity as she slid her notes over to her.

Membership - eligibility criteria and admission process

The Council - Decision making body, processes and so on

Diplomacy - embassies, communication and other such matters

- Diplomatic Fast Response Force:

A crack team of diplomats from across the alliance who will be capable of identifying and providing solutions to crises before military options become a concern. Essentially using the rapid response force model utilizing diplomatic and analytical tools instead of arms.

Cultural Affairs - cultural connections between the nations and their peoples

Promotion of religious links, harmonization of relations between different faiths, rotating cultural festivals all sound like something which could be of benefit.

Trade and Travel - terms of a trading agreement between the members and rules of travel between member states. (to some extent a rolling over of the CSU but in  greatly reduced form, detail and extent)

Free trade area?

Science - Self-explanatory; joins the capabilities and energies of the collective research and scientific bodies to advance our understanding of Mundus and the heavens around us.

Use CSSA as a model for a more comprehensive scientific and exploration body?

Security and Mutual Aid Component - Rolling over CSTO defence clause, adding new measures to underpin it, measures to deal with crises etc

Joint Protectorate Sphere successor?

Disclaimer

Withdrawals - process by which members withdraw

Signature

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 06:30:33 AM »
Suketoshi was late, even if by only a few minutes, and there was no denying that much; alas, he had been caught up in a number of phone calls after the meeting. His Imperial Majesty wanted to be updated the moment he got out, as did the cabinet and a few members of the Diet. Simply put, all hell had broken loose, with the press office rushing to put out a statement in light of the announcement that Daitō would be terminating its relationship with the CSTO even ahead of the proposed referendum. Would it negate the need for it, would the referendum simply confirm the people's support for this move, or would it be seen as violating their trust? It remained to be seen, and indeed there was the possibility that the decision would only be made public after the referendum was to be held, which was pretty much a certainty as the Diet was voting as he approached the Imperial Council Chambers. He would be allowed in, at which point he would say,
   "My sincerest apologies for being behind schedule, unfortunately, my duties to the Empire got in the way." He bowed slightly as he entered the room. "I presume you haven't gotten far, so I shall attempt to follow along until such a point that I am up to speed, so please, let us continue." He said as he took a seat. He had remembered, to some degree, what Kyōko had written, and overhearing her mention it had helped to jog his memory somewhat, but he figured he shouldn't speak on it until he had been granted the chance to review the notes as well, just in case he may have missed something.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2022, 09:51:05 AM »
"No worries in that regard, thank you for accepting my invitation," Kyōko said warmly before nudging Serenity. "Once you are done let's share our progress on the notes with the Prime Minister."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2022, 12:25:41 AM »
"I've said it before." Serenity said "You don't need the diplomatic force including there. That largely forms part of a process in respect of crisis response which belongs under security and mutual aid. However I wouldn't specifically include it, I would do something a little different - I'd as the first project of this clean slate if we get it off the ground propose to establish jointly an academy to train the next generation of diplomats. The cultural ideas are sensible, the trade stuff should be a free trade agreement but that should probably be complimented by a travel agreement and maybe some stuff about companies working in each others nations. The science, yes use the CSSEA as a model but across the board we need to encourage collaboration, practically every joint project that came out of the Cross Straits was defence related, imagine if the effort had gone into space exploration for example."

"The hardest part of this will be the security component" she continued "For the simple reason that it can't just replicate the CSTO, it has to have more on the bones, so a stated intelligence sharing agreement, perhaps an extradition agreement, but we must underpin the defence aspect with a caveat of some sort. My suggestion there would be to adopt ior adapt something the CIS used, they had a progression plan, called threat levels that were essentially the different stages of responses in a crisis situation, this would go some way to enabling the organisation to police its own. A JPS successor may be something to think about further down the line but perhaps not at first."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2022, 06:11:46 AM »
"I see," Kyōko said with a moment of thought, "as you can understand it's a cause that is dear to me, which may be reflecting heavily in my notes, it's a capacity I hope we can see honed. In each case where the military is employed imagine if the diplomats had been given just even a tenth of the attention or budget, just what could be accomplished in these occasions, in the occasions which preceded them? Building upon my notes as you have, I feel we're of the same mind on those matters. If we focus our efforts beyond grounds which have already been traveled, if we look at the whole picture and all that encompasses international relations and research, there is so much before us just waiting to be innovated or discovered. There's a whole new world before us and, if we're courageous enough to reach out for it, I think we may have something special we're all building toward."

"In addition to the principle of  collective defense, that when one member is attacked all are attacked, greater intelligence sharing provisions as well as justice provisions are to be expected. I agree that there should be an air of escalation in such approaches, not a one-size-fits-all approach, but something that leaves options all along the progression of a crisis. This is certainly something which we could do better to address and I'd argue that sensibility from the CIS should be brought more into focus in our discussions today."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2022, 09:07:20 PM »
"This is the bare bones" Serenity said putting another piece of paper on the table "It's a little light in some areas but we can work on that. However these are just words, actions are what matters, this covers everything and makes it about more than just defence, though unsurprisingly the defence component has a lot of underpinning to it. As I said it's a little light so please add away."

Section 1: Membership

1. Any nation may join (NAME) following a unanimous vote of the membership

2. Any nation may withdraw from this treaty by giving 30 days written notice.

Section 2: The Council

1. The Council shall be the decision making body of the organisation, it shall consist of one representative per nation based in (PLACE).

2. The Council shall discuss matters of interest and concern to its membership, if a vote is called it shall be a majority vote unless otherwise stated.

3. Decisions of the Council shall be published within 24 hours of the vote or at the earliest practical opportunity.

Section 3: Diplomacy

1. The members shall maintain embassies with each other.

2. Ambassadors shall present themselves within 24 hours of being summoned by the host government.

3. Members agree to extradite criminal suspects if they are presented with reasonable evidence and are assured that torture will not be used to extract evidence and that the accused will get a fair trial. There shall be no obligation to extradite to the death penalty.

Section 4: Trade and Travel

1. Member states agree to define travel into three purposes;
a) Business
b) Tourism
c) Study

2. Each of these purposes shall have their own conditions which all member nations shall accept.

3. Business travel - May be visa free if the traveler possesses a written invite from a host nations government or company, they have a return ticket booked within 31 days, can financially support their stay and are not deemed a threat to national security. This may be renewed twice with the consent of the host country.

4. Tourism travel -this will be granted by the home nation so long as the traveler has no criminal record. The visa will last 60 days and be valid in all member nations so far as the host nations border posts believe the following conditions are meet, the traveler has no intention to take paid employment during their stay, has funds to cover their stay, has evidence of leaving the nation before the end of the 60 day window and is not deemed a threat to national security.

5. Students will not require a visa to study in another member nation so far as the following conditions are meet, the student has a letter of acceptance from a registered institute of learning, they can cover the cost of both their course and their stay in the host nation and they are not deemed a threat to national security.

6. Travelers buying locally produced goods will not be charged import duties upon their return home so long as the goods are within limits set for personal use.

7. Nations agree to not engage in practices designed to weaken or disrupt the trade of other members.

8. Nations agree that there will be no tariffs on goods transported between member states.

9. Member nations allow other member nations companies to establish a presence so long as the following criteria are meet.
a) The company adhere to all local laws regulating the practice of their business.
b) The Company pay all locally required taxes
b) The Company recruits at least 70% of its staff from host nation citizens.

10. A foreign company shall not be charged any additional taxes or charges beyond that paid at a local level for removing profits back to their nation.

Section 5: Cultural Affairs

1. There shall be an Inter Faith Forum established between faith leaders of member states.

2. Nations agree to take part in an annual student exchange programme.

Section 6: Science

1. The members agree to scientific collaboration and cooperation.

2. There shall be a scientific fund to assist joint endeavours in the science fields.

Section 7: Security and Mutual Aid

1. The members agree that an armed attack against one or more of them shall be considered an attack against them all. Consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self defence will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the region in question. This shall be invalidated if the said armed attack was in response to unprovoked military action by the member state involved.

2. For the purposes of this treaty, an armed attack on one or more of the Parties is deemed to include an armed attack on the territory of any of the Parties, any territory under the jurisdiction of any of the Parties, or any asset under the jurisdiction of any of the Parties.

3. When on joint operations all forces operating under the joint banner shall act in accordance with the provisions of the Uppsala Convention.

4. Members agree to follow the alert levels as laid out by the organisation and delegate control over those alert levels to the Council.

5. The members agree that the use of military force both collectively and individually shall be a last resort.

6. Members agree to annual military exercises and ad-hoc exercises as required.

7. All agreements regarding the deployment of military forces will be agreed upon at the time the force is needed. They shall be concluded between the members and any contributing observers and independent nations.

8. Members agree to co-operate with foreign investigations and make intelligence available to other nations so far as:
a) Doing so does not endanger ongoing investigations.
b) Doing so does not endanger national security
c) Doing so does not breach any other international agreement.

Section 8: Disclaimer

1. Nothing in this Treaty shall affect, or be interpreted as affecting in any way, the rights and obligations of the parties in respect of other agreements of which they are signatory.

Section 9: Miscellaneous

1. Amendments to this Treaty shall require a 75% majority of votes cast to be enacted.

Section 10: Signature

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2022, 06:31:19 AM »
"It looks good thus far, I'll withhold any commentary until we've heard from the Prime Minister. What concerns, what ideas, would Daito wish to bring to the table?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2022, 03:54:57 PM »
As a matter of fact, Suketoshi had little to say on it, after all, the treaty as it stood worked for him. However, there was but a single issue, one which effectively left his hands tied with regards to signing. It was a shame, of course, given that he was eager to see reform, but between it likely not having enough support in the Diet and the press viewing it as little more than another CSTO, there really wasn't much he could do. Not yet, anyways.
   "While I feel that this agreement is... acceptable, I cannot guarantee that it will pass the Diet, not without a significant push to force its hand anyways." He said with some hesitation, knowing what sort of a precedent it could set within the Empire. If His Imperial Majesty, nominally apolitical, were to come out in support of the treaty, then perhaps it would pass. That being said, he wouldn't deny that it would achieve some of what the DFD once set out to do, all those years ago, even if his own position may be left diminished. "Nevertheless, I will see what I can do, see what strings I can pull to help affect a satisfactory outcome to this present situation."

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2022, 07:26:26 PM »
"I can't guarantee it'll get past the Senate." Serenity said "End of the day all I can ask is that each of us tries their best, if it gets through it gets through if not there are no regrets if we've done our best."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2022, 04:09:23 PM »
"I would like to suggest the following proposals for consideration," Kyōko said after a few pen strokes.

2. Members should display practice with the following Guiding Principles:

• Respect for the sovereignty, political independence and territorial integrity of all nations.
  • Recognition of the equality of all nations, large and small, and to the principle of self-determination.
  • Abstention from unwarranted intervention or interference in the internal affairs of another country.
  • Respect for the right of each nation to defend itself, singly or collectively.
  • Settlement of all international disputes by peaceful and diplomatic means.

3. Any nation may withdraw from this treaty by giving 30 days written notice.

1. The Council shall be the decision making body of the organisation, it shall consist of one representative per nation based in (PLACE).

2. The Council shall discuss matters of interest and concern to its membership, if a vote is called it shall be a majority vote unless otherwise stated.

3. Decisions of the Council shall be published within 24 hours of the vote or at the earliest practical opportunity.

2. Ambassadors shall present themselves within 24 hours of being summoned by the host government.

3. Members agree to extradite criminal suspects if they are presented with reasonable evidence and are assured that torture will not be used to extract evidence and that the accused will get a fair trial. There shall be no obligation to extradite to the death penalty.

a) Business
b) Tourism
c) Study

2. Each of these purposes shall have their own conditions which all member nations shall accept.

3. Business travel - May be visa free if the traveler possesses a written invite from a host nations government or company, they have a return ticket booked within 31 days, can financially support their stay and are not deemed a threat to national security. This may be renewed twice with the consent of the host country.

4. Tourism travel -this will be granted by the home nation so long as the traveler has no criminal record. The visa will last 60 days and be valid in all member nations so far as the host nations border posts believe the following conditions are meet, the traveler has no intention to take paid employment during their stay, has funds to cover their stay, has evidence of leaving the nation before the end of the 60 day window and is not deemed a threat to national security.

5. Students will not require a visa to study in another member nation so far as the following conditions are meet, the student has a letter of acceptance from a registered institute of learning, they can cover the cost of both their course and their stay in the host nation and they are not deemed a threat to national security.

6. Travelers buying locally produced goods will not be charged import duties upon their return home so long as the goods are within limits set for personal use.

7. Nations agree to not engage in practices designed to weaken or disrupt the trade of other members.

8. Nations agree that there will be no tariffs on goods transported between member states.

9. Member nations allow other member nations companies to establish a presence so long as the following criteria are meet.
a) The company adhere to all local laws regulating the practice of their business.

10. A foreign company shall not be charged any additional taxes or charges beyond that paid at a local level for removing profits back to their nation.

1. There shall be an Inter Faith Forum established between faith leaders of member states.

2. There shall be a scientific fund to assist joint endeavours in the science fields.

1. The members agree that an armed attack against one or more of them shall be considered an attack against them all. Consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self defence will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the region in question. This shall be invalidated if the said armed attack was in response to unprovoked military action by the member state involved.

2. For the purposes of this treaty, an armed attack on one or more of the Parties is deemed to include an armed attack on the territory of any of the Parties, any territory under the jurisdiction of any of the Parties, or any asset under the jurisdiction of any of the Parties.

3. When on joint operations all forces operating under the joint banner shall act in accordance with the provisions of the Uppsala Convention.

4. Members agree to follow the alert levels as laid out by the organisation and delegate control over those alert levels to the Council.

5. The members agree that the use of military force both collectively and individually shall be a last resort.

7. All agreements regarding the deployment of military forces will be agreed upon at the time the force is needed. They shall be concluded between the members and any contributing observers and independent nations.

8. With the concurrence of the Mundus Development Bank the MDB will be brought under the [Organisation] to better enable the Bank to achieve its objectives.

8. Members agree to co-operate with foreign investigations and make intelligence available to other nations so far as:

1. Nothing in this Treaty shall affect, or be interpreted as affecting in any way, the rights and obligations of the parties in respect of other agreements of which they are signatory.

1. Amendments to this Treaty shall require a 75% majority of votes cast to be enacted.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2022, 05:45:33 PM »
Suketoshi was at first amused by the proposals that Kyōkō had brought forwards, after all, certainly she couldn't be so lacking in self-awareness as to the actions of her country in years past. Was it not Rokkenjima which had, on numerous occasions, "interfered in the internal affairs of other countries"? It seemed more likely to him, given the circumstances, that she was simply trying to "turn over a new leaf", for Rokkenjima to change. That was until he read the rest of the changes.
   "No." He said as he read over the rest of the guiding principles clause. "What you are asking is that the Empire of Daitō sign away its right to defend itself, after all, you have written that all signatories must agree to settle all disputes by peaceful and diplomatic means." He looked up from the changes proposed, his eyes narrowed as he thought over the proposal. "Let me put it like this: If Daitō had so readily signed away its right to wage war in decades past, in a similar fashion to what this treaty requests, then the Empire would've ceased to exist ages ago. So I apologize, Princess, but the terms of this treaty are rapidly becoming unacceptable for even those with the most open of minds."

He took a second to breathe, to calm himself as he continued to read over the treaty, finally resting on Section 7, Article 8. Compared to Section 2, it was nigh-infinitely more tame, more understandable. However, it seemed to him that it would strip away opportunities from countries not within this new system, opportunities which, in his mind, would prove more beneficial to be left outside the purview of this treaty.
   "Furthermore, it is my opinion that including the Mundus Development Bank within the bounds of this new organization will only serve to turn it into a tool against the rest of the world, whereas in spirit it is meant to aid those around the world. Therefore, I humbly reject this proposal."

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2022, 04:13:25 PM »
"And I agree with the Prime Minister." Serenity said "While I doubt it's your intent what you've put on paper there would commit members to a position of non intervention under any circumstances, that's not going to fly with me. Achkaerin has a longstanding policy of when force is used and that inclusion of yours runs counter to that not to mention this." she put another piece of paper on the table

Level 0 - No conflict exists
Diplomatic/Economic Approach - Maintain open lines of communications with all organisations and countries
Military Approach - Routine military exercises

Level 1 - Nations make statements about others in a "unfriendly manner" - not criticism more character assassination
Diplomatic/Economic Approach - Diplomats sent to ascertain nations stance. Attempts are made to open up means of future dialogue.

Level 2 - Nations make statements that could be perceived as a threat
Diplomatic/Economic Approach - Notice of intention to bring in basic sanctions should escalation occur. Offers to act as intermediary between nations/alliances involved
Military Approach - Military recalled from exercise and put on standby. Joint planning to begin considering possible military options should the need arise.

Level 3 - Nation makes aggressive move either economically or militarily. Military action does not have to constitute military incursions , for example illegal boarding of marine transport.
Diplomatic/Economic Approach - Sanctions imposed on all trade with offending nation. Except for medical and food supplies into the nation. Assets held by the government of that nation frozen. Notice of possible military action sent through diplomatic lines.
Military Approach - Mobilise military assets to a Forward Operations Base in the nearest safe nation to the potential conflict zone, if a member is victim then to that nation (civil wars exempt)

Level 4 - Nation ceases to halt actions causing Level 3 response within 3 days of Level 3 being declared OR Nation begins military incursion into allied nation
Diplomatic/Economic Approach - Full sanctions imposed including food and medical supplies. All shipping from nation to be halted within members territorial waters. Assets of all citizens from hostile nation to be frozen by members.
Military Approach - Limited strikes to be carried out as deemed appropriate by the membership. For example air strikes against key targets either in the conflict area itself or against the home nation. This should avoid at all costs civilian casualties and should include but not be limited to attacks against military installations, SAM missile and RADAR sites, Naval shore facilities, air bases and oil facilities.

Level 5 - 5 - Nation fails to halt Level 4 activity with 2 days or visibly escalates invasion/situation
Diplomatic/Economic Approach - Closure of all embassies. One diplomat from the membership to remain in nation as a potential route to negotiations.
Military Approach - Formal offer of military aid made to nation being attacked. This will result in LISA military action within nation being invaded. Increased strikes against transgressor nation permitted this will now include attacks against government infrastructure, road and rail networks and other targets of military value.

"Those are the threat levels the CIS used and they would form the basis of underpinning this treaty's mutual defence clause so that we all have a guideline as to when military action is appropriate. So no I'm not going to agree to essentially making ourselves toothless because there are many people walking around Mundus who are able to  so because Achkaerin acted. I would suggest that be reworded to Settlement of all international disputes by peaceful and diplomatic means as far as possible or similar, thus we commit ourselves to the principle of diplomacy first but we maintain awareness and understanding that if that fails we can and will take the other approach."

Serenity now looked at the other addition "The MDB's inclusion I can't support, first because it would artificially increase the membership as we'd admit Seaforth and Dartfordia to some extent by the back door, second we then perceptually place undue pressure on Daito who are not MDB members to join, third we would compromise the Bank's mission, there has been a rather disturbing trend of weaponising organisations, we shouldn't be continuing that trend."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2022, 06:49:30 AM »
"The position offered by the Crown Princess is agreeable and should address concerns put forward by Suketoshi, I hope."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2022, 04:18:42 AM »
Suketoshi pondered the proposal put forth by the Achkaerinese carefully; it was imprudent to rush these sorts of things after all. By comparison to that which was suggested by the Rokkenjiman Princess—he noted that it was downright insulting to even be asked to consider signing away such rights—this was quite reasonable, even if some of the phrasing she used was... confusing to him. Fly with her? Was she planning on taking it with her on the way back? It was probably just an expression, a turn of phrase that he, not being an expert on the language to the same degree, simply didn't understand. Regardless, to him, this proposal was far more to his liking. He had admired the way the CIS had handled such things, at least on paper, and viewed it as a good template which could, if needed later down the line, be further refined.
   "It is indeed acceptable, at least at this time." He finally said after a moment.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2022, 11:45:20 AM »
"I believe then that we have an agreement." Serenity said "So shall we sign this thing and see where the ratification process lands us?"

2. Members should display practice with the following Guiding Principles:

• Respect for the sovereignty, political independence and territorial integrity of all nations.
  • Recognition of the equality of all nations, large and small, and to the principle of self-determination.
  • Abstention from unwarranted intervention or interference in the internal affairs of another country.
  • Respect for the right of each nation to defend itself, singly or collectively.
  • Settlement of all international disputes by peaceful and diplomatic means as far as is possible.

3. Any nation may withdraw from this treaty by giving 30 days written notice.

a) Business
b) Tourism
c) Study

Spoiler: Threat Levels • show
Level 0 - No conflict exists
Diplomatic/Economic Approach - Maintain open lines of communications with all organisations and countries

Level 1 - Nations make statements about others in a "unfriendly manner" - not criticism more character assassination
Diplomatic/Economic Approach - Diplomats sent to ascertain nations stance. Attempts are made to open up means of future dialogue.

Level 2 - Nations make statements that could be perceived as a threat
Diplomatic/Economic Approach - Notice of intention to bring in basic sanctions should escalation occur. Offers to act as intermediary between nations/alliances involved
Military Approach - Military recalled from exercise and put on standby. Joint planning to begin considering possible military options should the need arise.

Level 3 - Nation makes aggressive move either economically or militarily. Military action does not have to constitute military incursions , for example illegal boarding of marine transport.
Diplomatic/Economic Approach - Sanctions imposed on all trade with offending nation. Except for medical and food supplies into the nation. Assets held by the government of that nation frozen. Notice of possible military action sent through diplomatic lines.
Military Approach - Mobilise military assets to a Forward Operations Base in the nearest safe nation to the potential conflict zone, if a member is victim then to that nation (civil wars exempt)

Level 4 - Nation ceases to halt actions causing Level 3 response within 3 days of Level 3 being declared OR Nation begins military incursion into allied nation
Diplomatic/Economic Approach - Full sanctions imposed including food and medical supplies. All shipping from nation to be halted within members territorial waters. Assets of all citizens from hostile nation to be frozen by members.
Military Approach - Limited strikes to be carried out as deemed appropriate by the membership. For example air strikes against key targets either in the conflict area itself or against the home nation. This should avoid at all costs civilian casualties and should include but not be limited to attacks against military installations, SAM missile and RADAR sites, Naval shore facilities, air bases and oil facilities.

Level 5 - 5 - Nation fails to halt Level 4 activity with 2 days or visibly escalates invasion/situation
Diplomatic/Economic Approach - Closure of all embassies. One diplomat from the membership to remain in nation as a potential route to negotiations.
Military Approach - Formal offer of military aid made to nation being attacked. This will result in LISA military action within nation being invaded. Increased strikes against transgressor nation permitted this will now include attacks against government infrastructure, road and rail networks and other targets of military value.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2022, 06:42:45 PM »
   "As the kami are my witness, let us"—Suketoshi, having read over the text, grabbed his pen, prepared to sign—"endeavor to pursue this dream, one of peace unending, of cooperation between nations, and of a unified hope for a better tomorrow." He said before affixing his signature to the document, both in the system of the foreigner, the Ardian script, and of his native Onishi. He only hoped that this would last and that it would indeed prove beneficial to the Empire.
Signed,
Suketoshi Heishi, Prime Minister of Daitō