Author Topic: Climate Change Summit  (Read 3088 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Climate Change Summit
« on: September 26, 2017, 12:03:40 AM »

An Invitation to the Governments of Mundus

My fellow Monarch's, Heads of State and Heads of Government

For many years now the great unspeakable in our world has not been any of the foes fought on the battlefield, nor any of the various virus's countered in recent times. It has in fact been Climate Change, across many cultures there exists a covenant of sorts between ourselves and whatever deities we choose to believe in that we have a duty to be good custodians of this creation. Now considering our situation on Mundus especially in light of the recent Morris Ice Shelf I feel the need to pose the question whether we are indeed being good custodians, because while it is true that many nations are trying to fight this menace of Climate Change it is an effort that lacks something in the way of unity, direction and ambition. It's also incumbent upon us to recognize that this is a matter that affects each and every one of us and that if our world is to survive that we need to work together on this issue and that starts by recognizing that this issue exists something few nations have done.

I therefore invite you my home the Marble Palace in Valtheim to discuss this matter.

Signed

Emperor Peter Azurewind

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neo Quywe Federation
Re: Climate Change Summit
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 12:48:33 AM »

His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Peter Azurewind

The unfortunate and undeniable reality that many dare not speak of, is that our actions over the past centuries have put us on a dangerous and unpredictable course towards the future of Mundus. The Morris ice shelf should serve as a very real reminder of this, the fact of the matter is that climate change has already swung into action, and it is everyone's responsibility now to ensure that we can put a stop to it, and in time hopefully reverse its effects. As the former CEO of one of Mundus' largest automotive manufacturers, I feel I have an even greater responsibility to ensure climate change is brought to a halt.

I will gladly be in attendance of the Climate Change Summit in Valtheim, for it is not something we can happily ignore hoping it will go away, it's been tried already.

Shiina Musashi,

Premier Executive Administrator of Himeyama
something funny or offensive here

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 03:30:01 PM »

To his Imperial Majesty Emperor Peter Azurewind,

The problem is urgent. Never have we so hurt and mistreated our common home as we have in the last two hundred years. We must all change our day-to-day actions to live more sustainably. Reducing greenhouse gases requires honesty, courage and responsibility. On a larger scale, We the leaders must be held to account. Those who will have to suffer the consequences will not forget this failure of conscience and responsibility.

Solving climate change means protecting the planet and vulnerable people, and we must hear both the cry of the earth and the cry of the poor. Faith can guide us. The entire material universe speaks of God’s love, his boundless affection for us. Soil, water, mountains – everything is, as it were, a caress of God.

The problems are big and urgent. But hope remains if we act in honesty and love. Humanity still has the ability to work together in building our common home. Truly, much can be done!

Be sure to expect not only my presence but also the one of the holy spirit's during this summit!

Pope Peter II,

Bishop of Celestis, Vicar of Jesus Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Primate of the Ecclesiastical State, Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Celestian Province, Sovereign of the Ecclesiastical State, Supreme Secretary of the Magisterium, Supreme Secretary of the Blessed Consistory, Servant of the servants of God.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 08:26:52 PM »
To his imperial Majesty, Emperor Peter Azurewind of Achkaerin

the betterment and preservation of Mundus' Nature has been one of our Nations prime Principles for almost two hundred years now.

To our Empire there is no Question the Nations have not been custodians at all, but abusing Nature left and right.  The Morris Ice Shelf is just the literal tip of the Iceberg in a complex mess of neglect, ignorance and greed plaguing our Planet. While our Senate has a strong disposition against Nations that shed Crocodile's Tears now that caring for our surroundings has seemingly become a Publicity Trend, myself as Regent has the Duty to ensure the voice of the Uburzian people is properly represented. I have ordered our Speaker of Environment too participate in the Summit, one of our strongest and most strict supporters of a hard hand on the matter.

With due Respect,
Prince Albrecht of Uburzis, Regent to the Empire

*Someone has scribbled a note on the Backside*

The guy likes to lecture people. A lot.

Greetings, Orion

Offline Sam

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Saheristan
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 05:28:53 PM »
To his Imperial Majesty Emperor Peter Azurewind,

I hereby accept your invitation to discuss the implications and dangers of climate change. As one of the world's primary oil and petroleum exporters, we feel the need to balance the urgent need to address the climate change problem with acceptance of the necessity of fossil fuel use to the developing world.

We look forward to discussing this further.

With reverence,

Vice President Nadia Zivar Zadeh

President Khalid Amin Ashkan
The Republic of Saheristan

Wiki Pages:
Saheristan Profile
Insurgency in Lalishistan

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 12:33:41 AM »
OOC- my apologies this took so long to get around to.

It was an autumnal day in Valtheim, the sun was out the birds were singing, those golden brown leaves on the trees were falling off...winter was well on the way. Emperor Peter Azurewind made his way down the hall of his main residence the Marble Palace, plenty on his mind, climate change had been an issue for a long time, the sad fact was that not everyone had realized it early on. Still progress had been made and he was pleased with the strategy that had been passed into Achkaerinese law three years earlier, now with the recent wake up call of the Morris Ice Shelf his attention had turned to a wider awareness of the issue and the bigger picture of the threat to Mundus more significant than any other. The household staff were on hand, the briefings had been attended, the planning sessions worked through now there was nothing to do other than make the attempt. Peter had been to enough of these meetings to know that there were likely going to be a few bumps in the road but he was optimistic about their chances.

Arriving at the front door he found his sister Esme
"The waiting is always the worst." Peter said
"Really?" Esme asked
"Of course it is." Peter said "Nervous?"
"I'm just the welcoming committee." Esme said "You're the one who has to negotiate this thing."
"It's been a long time coming." Peter said "Now let's see who turns up."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 09:46:55 PM »
His holiness Pope Peter II was currently in his Popemobile, waving to the crowds of many Christian Achkaerinese and Vanorans who came to see him as not only was this an opportunity for him to attend the Climate Change summit in the Marble Palace of Valtheim where it was to be held with, hopefully, many of Mundus' world leaders who deeply cared about the environment and the future for mankind, no it was part of an spiritual state visit where he already visited many of the country's minor yet significant Christian communities including the visit to their monasteries, chapels, churches and cathedrals, families of all sorts of kinds and creeds, even saying hello to the Christian leader and old mentor of his Bishop Martin Deed, or should one say CARDINAL Martin Deed.

Yes, he announced in front of millions of Christians on live media and naturally in front of Deed during one of his masses that he aimed to make him one, due to scolding him in public about the inappropriate comments made a few weeks ago regarding economic political policies as well as his duty and dedication towards the Church during all these years and finally for raising TYP as the ideal Catholic. TYP also asked and begged for Martin to accept his offer to move to ES and become the Prefect of the Supreme Sacred Congregation of the Ecclesiastical and Universal Inquisition which is part of the Supreme Magisterium. The Supreme Sacred Congregation of the Ecclesiastical and Universal Inquisition, and sometimes simply called the Holy Office, is the oldest of the nine congregations of the Magisterium. Founded by Pope Paul III in 1542, the congregation's sole objective is to "spread sound Catholic doctrine and defend those points of Christian tradition which seem in danger because of new and unacceptable doctrines." It also cooperates with the Secretariat for Ecclesiastical Security on enforcing Catholic doctrine within the Nation. TYP was waiting for Martin's reply and hoped he would accept, as he would need every trustable and dependable hands at his disposal, especially when you have sionists lurking around...

At last he arrived by the Palace door, a Guardian of St. Peter's Throne opened the Popemobile door while the others quickly formed some protective stance as per custom and necessity for keeping him alive from any threats whatsoever. TYP was clad in his simple yet elegant white dress to show that he was a man of humility at times, although he fancied also wearying something more bold and colorful. In any case he witnessed Emperor Azurewind as well has his sister who were among the first to greet him. "I hope I'm not to late dear Princess and Defendor of Christendom respectively, it's great to see you again and a chance for ES to make an environmental impact on the world if God be willing..."

Offline Sam

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Saheristan
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 10:10:48 AM »
Vice President Nadia Zivar Zadeh had flown into Valtheim that morning. Unlike the President, Nadia was a consumerate aristocrat. Her family rose to power as administrative magistrates under the Maziar Sultanate, scheming their way into nobility during the seventeenth century, and largely maintaining their position in the chaos of the Asharid Revolt and subsequent conquest of what would become Saheristan by Balticum. Educated at the world's most prestigious schools and universities, and being an avid consumer of high culture, the was far from Nadia's first visit to Achkaerin.

The Vice President had opted for businesswear, and was not wearing a headscarf, as she often did not when abroad or in less conservative parts of Saheristan, but was swathed in a longcoat for now; the world might be warming, but Achkaerin remained far colder than her native country.

Arriving and being shown into the palace, the Vice President found His Imperial Highness, the Emperor, Her Imperial Highness Esme, and His Holiness the Pope. Such a prestigious gathering brought out the worst of Nadia's blue-blooded pomposity, and despite elegance and charisma, her perfect Achkaerinese exuded the kind of aristocratic imperiousness that betrayed ruthlessness and narcissism.

"Your Imperial Highnesses; Your Holiness, might I say it is an honour to be here in such illustrious company.  I am indebted to the Morris Shelf, but I hope to meet you all under less concerning circumstances next time."

President Khalid Amin Ashkan
The Republic of Saheristan

Wiki Pages:
Saheristan Profile
Insurgency in Lalishistan

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 11:41:27 PM »
Bearing a green Toga over a Tunic, Torsten Gerber had tried to avoid to much attention as he attempted to slip in in the shadow of the Popes arrival, yet some Press members had started taking Pictures Valiantly, resulting in an annoyed groan as Gerber walked up to the Group:

"Your Majesty." he said, turning towards Peter: "Thank you for the Invitation. Let us hope this meeting brings Results, no one has anymore Time to waste when it comes to Healing the Planet."

He gave Peter a short, acknowledging nod: "Pope Peter, a pleasure to meet you." before turning towards Zadeh: "And you as well, vice president Zadeh, if i am informed correctly?"

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 02:24:20 PM »
OOC- apologies this took so long, other threads swamped me when I wasn't looking.

One by one Peter and Esme greeted their delegates, showing them inside to what was normally the banquet hall of the Marble Palace, usually reserved for state dinner occasions, one of the deliberate quirks of the Palace was that Peter refused to have more than a single purpose built meeting room on the premises but that didn't mean the staff weren't capable of converting one of the larger rooms into one if needs required it. As far as Peter was concerned this was a home not a workplace.

They were joined at the table by Achkaerin's Minister for Agriculture and the Environment Siobhan Williams. Peter had asked her along because the task before them was her area of expertise.

"Thank you everyone for coming." Peter said "We gather today for one reason to address a menace that if not recognized is entirely likely to continue to haunt us and eventually prove to be our undoing, many nations already take steps to combat Climate Change but each does so to varying degree's and they do so independent of each other if the Morris Ice Shelf proves anything it is simply that the measures taken thus far are not enough and that other steps are required. Because if we don't identify how we change things then we'll more ice shelf's and more disasters associated with the environment. My hope is to reach an agreement that commits us to taking steps that will have long term benefits we can't afford to be timid about this we must be bold. But whatever we do must be balanced and thought through we can't very well turn off the oil taps tomorrow without having an alternative fuel source available. This is partly why three years ago Siobhan Williams over there, Achkaerin's Minister of Agriculture and the Environment pushed the Climate Change and Clean Energy Strategy Act 2014 through the Senate, to put in place measures that would in turn set things in motion so that such decisions can be taken with a degree of confidence. But also this - fossil fuels are finite they're going to run out at some point. It is simply a question of when they run out and if I'm honest I do not want Achkaerin to be reliant on fossil fuels for anything when that day comes and I don't think I'm the only person who would say that about their nation. The last thing Mundus needs is a whole host of environmental disasters stretching thin already thinly stretched humanitarian resources, we can preempt this and we owe it to our countries to our children and every human on the planet to do so."