Author Topic: Summercamp 2018 OOC  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
Summercamp 2018 OOC
« on: April 26, 2018, 11:22:21 PM »
Seeing as it would disrupt the Roleplaying to much, this is the OOC thread for the Summercamp.

So far the 2 main settings i had in mind to roleplay:

1. One Medieval Styled Tournament. The Kids camping out like participants would have, battling it out in melee fights and some even jousting. Maybe some campfire intrigue.

2. One set of a battle field camp. Scouting, brawls in the forest, and day to day battle. Depending on how many show interest we could have 2 groups fighting against each other, one for each side.

how it will be done: The main idea was to go something closer to a classical PnP style. I had in mind to take a slimmed down DnD 5e as anchor point what you would expect. Short version: Still more focused on the Role playing than on combat, but a certain level of combat and dicing would be happening.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Re: Summercamp 2018 OOC
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 11:33:20 PM »
Don't know if it helps but I have got an old events list for the Tournament of Crowns which modelled it on a medieval tournament events so if you want an events list for helpful purposes I do have that.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 11:39:20 PM »
if it helps me not having to research everything from scratch, i would be more than glad. In the end the whole thing still depends on there being enough interest, i thought that in the end the sessions would end up more as a summary than being played out in the Forum to start with. Issue being to get enough people at the same time together, but i am willing to give it a try ^^

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 11:51:57 PM »
after getting some Settings and preparation into motion, i decided that unless Theres a dedicated group asking for it i will focus on setting up the tournament as main setting. that doesn't mena i wont touch any other camp sites, but for now that will be the main focus.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 06:06:39 PM »
note:

if you feel like your nation wouldnt allow children to participate, yo can kame up someone from another nation (ask first) or make a one shot uburzian child/teen

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 07:24:47 PM »
A quick couple of questions if I may:

1. I assume the minimum number of participants we have to send is one, right?
2. When's the deadline?

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 10:27:35 PM »
Deadline is until the event is over - i will allow ppl to hopp in while it's already running. - it will likely start between the 08th July and the week after (i'm on vacation around that time ^^)

and yes, minimum participants is one. you do not need to have this be a national organisation either. Simply parents sending their kids is fine too.

also:

should we get at least one or two life evenings together i have a system ready that does not need much of a char sheet. i just need to finalize writing it down xD

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 10:39:38 PM »
Alright - here is an update to how this will happen.

i intend to use a very, very tuned down adaption of the Dungeons and dragons idea called Gateway (Free PDF download at the link)

i intent to use a standard array character creation, which reduces the time to set up numbers into just 2 decicions for you.

if you haven't played a Pen and Paper or Dungeons and dragons round, i suggest you read this through (16 pages seem much, but most of is is lengthy examples)

for the Timing. My best days for now are from the 8th to the 10th - and from the 12th to the 17th (flying to london on the 18 to the 22nd so... yeah no time then cause i am sightseeing ^^) I'd just need some information from my current 2 players :)

ass for the story after the session, i desire to post a recap in the main thread. Doesn't mean you can#t add one for your chars thought on the events as well, i think that would be great and help this expand :)

also - i need some information on the knights. Whats the current name? who's coming and so on. i don't want to just plaster something i think would fit in as npc :)

PS: Just to make this clear, we will use one of the voice channels for this. I wont do camera, but pen and paper is almost impossible in writing only. so have a microphone ready ^^ (laptop mic works as well)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 10:51:14 PM by Norgeras »

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 05:45:34 PM »
Just a heads up, there’s a slim chance for me to be able to chat on Sunday July 29, as I would be fixing my things in the apartmentthat I’m going to rent on. However, Sunday August 5 would be the best time, as there would be minimal school-related work to be given and by that time, I would have been settled in.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 12:05:25 AM »
Due to reason of bad internet connections and different timezones we will for now switch to a different style.

I will keep the DND element alive, but try to switch to a forum style so we can at least have some fun with this.

expect an opening post soon ^^

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2018, 09:26:04 PM »
Here are the Base stats i made for the Two chars so far. If you want Adjustments Please Tell me in Time - i decided so far what seems logical by what you posted.

Nino Dizon:

Strength - Deficiency
Dexterity - Normal
Constitution - Normal
Intelligence - Normal
Wisdom - Normal
Charisma - Proficiency

also Proficient in using Computers

Lucy Townsend:

Strength - Normal
Dexterity - Normal
Constitution - Proficiency