Author Topic: A Meeting Of Gastronomical Proportions  (Read 5277 times)

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
A Meeting Of Gastronomical Proportions
« on: May 29, 2018, 03:10:07 AM »

An Invitation To The Republic of Heyra

It has long been a priority of the First Empire to establish more formal relations with the Heyran Republic and People. Already we have seen areas of cooperation in an exchange of military hardware, Rokkenjiman aid to clean-up efforts throughout Heyra, and a common vision on several foreign policy issues. As I am certain you are aware I have recently resumed my duties upon Chrysanthemum Throne and the words of support and camaraderie shared by the Heyran Republic certainly have not been forgot. For these reasons I propose that a summit take place between the Republic of Heyra and the First Empire. If it would so please you I would love to become acquainted further with your nation and culture in a most personal matter and would thus support the hosting of this summit upon Heyran soil.

At a time where certain corners of Mundus seem content to drown in chaos and pursue reckless actions which threaten the very essence of the international order it is important for those who see the threats such actions pose to the international community as a whole. Having been present for the formation of alliances such as the CSTO and WARSAW as well as the institutions which rose to impose a level of multilateral, diplomacy-driven international order I've seen both the best and worst aspects of those institutions we give life to and entrust with such great responsibility. These, too, are matters which I feel we could have progressive discussions upon as I can already see several spheres of mutual interests between our two nations.

I shall be in the Illumic for the foreseeable future, so I shall be ready for a date and time of your choosing.

Yours in friendship;

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Littlebrook

OOC: We can consider this to take place separate from the ongoing situation in Seaforth as to not hold up our long anticipated meeting.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: A Meeting Of Gastronomical Proportions
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 01:54:30 AM »

As the helicopter departed the Megitsune for the airport Beatrice was more than excited for her first visit abroad in some time. To set foot on a foreign soil for the first time was always an experience which stayed with her long beyond her return home, and she was sure this time would be no different. Reviewing notes which had been prepared by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs Beatrice lost herself in reading until the helicopter touched down on Heyran soil. A traditional gift in tow, along with something somewhat more personal, she disembarked the helicopter and approached the assembled welcoming party.

"President Blackwind," Beatrice said with a curtsy, "may I say that it is an honour to finally meet you. Today I present to you a traditional gift from the Rokkenjiman People, a bottle of Pyrean mead, which itself was crafted on the grounds of Pyrena Castle from the honey of bees raised there as well. Now, something which departs from the traditional," she said as she handed him an envelope, "A voucher from Rosa Shipyards, should you wish, towards the construction of a true and sound yacht. As evidenced in the Austrana, which takes her cues from the grand ocean liners, I can assure you that should you pursue this option that you would have at your disposal a floating palace capable of taking you anywhere upon Mundus' oceans in elegance, comfort and style."

"Now then, as you are to solely represent Heyra I decided it only fitting to leave my delegation behind. I'm confident that by the time I depart we will have positioned the great Heyran Republic and the First Empire upon a foundation for a lasting, mutually beneficial and most enriching friendship."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 10:42:53 PM »
Beatrice was at ease with President Blackwind and saw someone she could form an honest partnership with. The cooperative endeavours they had already embarked upon showed that there was a mutual affinity already, and meeting one-on-one always provided a more intimate setting in which to conduct business. "I have always enjoyed visiting foreign nations, each one having its own unique character, and I must say that what I have seen of Heyra thus far impresses me. The Rokkenjiman People have been endeared towards your nation, with many taking refuge here during the Republican era and, likewise, a healthy Heyran diaspora exists in Rokkenjima who have blessed our nation with their arts and proud cultural heritage."

"Although Heyra fought alongside the Ardians, who were our historical oppressors, our People understand that Heyra herself never bore arms or malice towards the Rokkenjiman People or state. This brings us to the situation enveloping Barnacle, for which you have my condolences and an offer of full humanitarian and financial support to see this situation is resolved swiftly, alongside foreign aid efforts as well. As Barnacle was not covered by the initial Developmental Grant, with your permission, I would wish to offer a secondary Grant to see for the needs of the People of Barnacle. This aid can be used for reconstruction, medical needs, the discretion will be up to your Government and those you have on the ground."

"As for material aid, Rokkenjima possesses ample resources at QAMB which shall be departing in the coming hours to assist in the best manner possible your People. If you could provide for me a list of what is most needed at this moment I can see that it reaches our commanders, as I'm sure others who are responding are already addressing certain needs of the People." Pausing, Beatrice turned to some notes she had saved, "We've many things to discuss, and I look forward to what we will achieve over the duration of my time here. Something I always like to start on is what you would like to see from a relationship with Rokkenjima; what aspirations do you have for our future?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 04:16:57 PM »
Following a few swift motions of her fingers she returned her attention to Blackwind. "The Expedition shall then lead our relief effort, joined by several vessels in support from QAMB. I've also ordered the United States to suspend her northern service so that she may instead set course for Barnacle, providing accommodation and, if need be, transport for nearly 2,000 souls. Should further accommodations be necessary the BSL has also freed the Poseidon of her duties, though her arrival would take considerably longer as she's destined for the Southern Service."

"I have long been warmed by the affection which emanates from the Republic," Beatrice continued, reflecting upon Blackwind's answers. "I believe these are all aims you would find shared by many in Pyrettania, especially those with a mind for expanding economic opportunities. As you know Rokkenjima is a member of the Cross-Straits Union, and while not as prominent as it once was, I believe that injecting new blood would revive the potential it has to enrich and expand our economies. I believe this is a topic we will need much time to address, but I'm more than willing to see where you stand and move forward from there if you are so interested."

"Military integration and interoperability is an area we've seen some progress towards already with joint projects, so this is an area which we should see little opposition in furthering ties. Rokkenjima has a long history in the Illumic, lending her hand to break the Soviet blockade without imposing her will upon the region; in fact Rokkenjimans were invited to the Illumic, which always brings me to chuckle when one says 'imperialism' or some other such nonsense. I'm certain you understand that this is also a controversial and delicate matter and one which would have to be considered greatly as to ensure Rokkenjima remains a good neighbour and partner in the Illumic, while taking care in regard to our Seaforthian allies whom we've built a great trust and mutual respect."

"With that in mind, however, I am certain we can produce a strong partnership which enhances not only our friendship and mutual interests, but one which furthers stability and prosperity abroad."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 10:01:37 PM »
"A fine document, though any overt mentions to the Illumic are best avoided," Beatrice said upon reviewing the Treaty. "Also, to ensure a meaningful spirit of military cooperation is possible, I would suggest allowing a forward deployment of a Rokkenjiman carrier strike group to a non-Illumic territory of Heyra. You've a noisy neighbour as we both know, and neither of us need provoke their ire at us exercising our rights as friends and allies."

Pausing, Beatrice continued. "You will also find us aligned on organisations, as I have been around to see the dangers of large accumulations of military might. Would it not be better, Honourable President, for sovereign nations to wrest back control of the international order? Why must we cede our authority, indeed, why invite such alliances the presumed authority to act on behalf of international order when our sovereign authority, exercised in concert, can achieve the same results if not better? Our will should lead the way, through an international order based upon mutual aid; no charters with which to assume authority, but a compact of understanding that we should act because it is right."

"Furthermore," Beatrice said with a smile, "it would honour me to include Rokkenjima's recognition of Barnacle as Heyran at some point in the future. This land, which was once undoubtedly Heyran, existed in a state of question and separation for decades, with no one wishing to challenge the status quo. As you rebuild we will stand at your side every step of the way, including with an additional Development Grant as promised before. In short, I believe we have much to accomplish in our partnership, though we may go over corporate elements once we've figures out the rest. I know Abstergo and other Rokkenjiman firms see a bright future in the Republic."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 12:31:08 PM »
"I understand that, however..." Beatrice thought for a moment, "you know, you are quite right, the language you have presented represents the trust and faith shared between our nations, indeed, concerns the very relationship between our nations and peoples. We should not allow ourselves to be stifled by outside voices, wherever they may come from. If the Heyran People should be so gracious as to host a forward-deployed Carrier Strike Group, I believe Redfern Island shall be a most suitable location. No one nation lays claim to the interests of entire regions or continents and it is fully within Heyra's sovereign rights to pursue those arrangements which it feels most comfortable, beneficial and towards the advancement of her interests."

"We should thus proceed with that plan as our focus, with an annex located upon Barnacle to support our joint operations as well as Rokkenjiman operations in the Krimeon Sea. From there we may move forward in partnership toward clawing back some of the sovereign rights we have surrendered; I admit I had a role in laying the foundation stones which resulted in the situation we have before us. However, through determined action, we can begin to restore an order which truly serves the common interests of the international community."

"Between you and I, the matter of Himeyaman sovereignty over Barnacle has never been a notion widely accepted in Pyrettania. I, personally, have always referred to it as Barnacle and, when the time comes, promise to stand beside you in seeing that Heyra's sovereignty over Barnacle becomes an undeniable reality. This is why I've no issue in providing that assistance to see Barnacle rebuilt, stronger than before, and able to weather any storm whether that be natural or political."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 09:03:04 AM »
"Fully understood," Beatrice replied, "I must say the work here is fine. As for our military arrangements I have been briefing Imperial High Command from time to time via secure messaging and it appears that, for the missions they see our vessels engaging in, a facility upon Mantra shall not be required at this time. They would, however, wish for such an option to be left open for the future should the situation change, of course. I do believe this shall be their last request for me to modify their stance. As for the conditions they are of course fully acceptable."

"Now as I understand you've great interest in Abstergo as well, yes?" Beatrice asked, almost rhetorically. "The consolidation which resulted in the formation of Abstergo placed within their portfolio a variety of industries, and I am certain they shall be interested in forming operations within the Heyran Republic as well as building a strong business relationship. Patricius Bateson, Abstergo's CEO, is a dear friend of mine as well, so anything you wish to cover we may certainly explore."

Beatrice Anselmo