Author Topic: Le Monde  (Read 2604 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Le Monde
« on: January 05, 2019, 03:42:20 PM »

Grand Duchess Sets Agenda; Seeks Relations With Vaguzia

Grand Duchess Poincaré has set the 2019 Agenda calling for more international involvement from Montsarre.

Grand Duchess Poincaré presented her Agenda for the new year to the Leaders of the National Assembly, calling for "an end to Montsarre's silence in international affairs, greater ties with Aquitaine and Marseilles, closer integration with our continental and Illumic neighbours, as well as deeper cultural and economic ties with the Conglomerate." In her quest to further ties with fellow Alba Karinya nations the Grand Duchess has approached the Kingdom of Vaguzia for a formal state visit, a request which the Kingdom has yet to respond. Speaking with Le Monde the Grand Duchess explained the reasons for a visit to Vaguzia in more detail.

"I know our Assembly had been pushing for a meeting with the Morelanders, however, our Peoples already share what has been a traditionally quiet and peaceful border and East Moreland represents Montsarre's largest trading partner. Compare this with Vaguzia, with which Montsarre has had little contact with; our Peoples are strangers to one another while trade between our two states is minimal. It is time for East and West to meet and build what I think will be a most wonderful partnership. Until His Majesty King Leonard II has the opportunity to respond to my humble request I shall continue preparations to meet with one of his esteem."

Montsarre is also poised to strengthen relations with Aquitaine and Marseilles, with the Grand Duchy devoting more resources to reviving ties with both nations. "As many of our people hail from both Aquitaine and Marseilles it is upon us to ensure we do not fall out of sync with our Motherlands. In pursuit of these endeavours I have approached Seaforth, a nation which continues its investments in a future for both these states of peace, stability and continued sovereignty. Seaforth, our Illumic neighbours, are a People I feel we will be working more closely with to safeguard our mutual interests in the Motherlands."

In related developments the Grand Duchess is set to conclude reviews into international accords and will "consider the benefit and compatibility each holds with Montsarre. Those which benefit our People and align with our values will be pursued."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis