Author Topic: Imperial News Service (Daitō)  (Read 26083 times)

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
Imperial News Service (Daitō)
« on: April 06, 2020, 01:15:37 AM »

Daitō celebrates Armed Forces Day
Greetings, dear viewers, and welcome to a special broadcast by DHK! Today is, as you may or may not know, the 133rd anniversary of the Battle of Kokura, ending the Tottori Rebellion. We go now to our attaché in Shinkyō, Ichiro Asahi, who is covering the day's festivities for us. Over to you, Ichiro.

I: "Thanks Jiro. Anyways, as you can see, for the most part, the area around the palatial square has gone silent in preparation for the festivities. To our left and right" the reporter pointed to both sides for a moment before continuing "we have members of the Imperial Guard performing crowd control and performing their ceremonial functions as normal." He would finish before saying "I must say, today is a momentous occasion, as is often the case, although in particular due to it featuring troops from the Republic of Volhynia and our own sons and daughters, returned from a peacekeeping operation as its neighbor wages a civil war most cruel. What was that? Oh, alright, well, we're being asked to stop speaking for the time being." after which, he would go silent.

The sound of bells would ring out throughout the area. Once the last toll of the bells faded, the Imperial Music Corps would begin playing the National Anthem, "Umi Yukaba", as Crown Prince Eijiro, in full dress uniform, greeted his father, the Emperor, as well as Field Marshal Okimoto Esashi before giving a speech to the troops. Upon finishing, the Music Corps would begin playing a new song, the March of the Imperial Guards, as a group of soldiers made their way down the square, the flags of the Empire hoisted aloft for all to see. After a few minutes, when this too had come to an end, as jets flew overhead, Marshal Esashi would get in an automobile and begin his inspection of the troops. As he went down the line, things seemed normal, at least, until...

*Bang*

Two shots rang out in the square, followed almost immediately by the screams of panicked civilians. Almost on queue, some of the guards would rush to secure the area, all the while medical staff immediately jumped into action. The Emperor had been shot, two bullets piercing his chest, only barely missing his heart. A pair of guards would tackle the shooter and detain him, all the while two others rushed to get the rest of the Imperial Family out of the area and to a more secure location.
E: "I-I-I... By the kami... His Majesty... The Emperor's been shot!" Ichiro would exclaim, all the while an officer ordered for his subordinates to "Seize those cameras and end the broadcast!" as the town rapidly ground to a halt. The broadcast abruptly ends, television screens across the empire changing to the Imperial flag at night with the National anthem playing before suddenly cutting out.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 11:06:14 AM by Daitō »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Imperial News Service
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 12:59:21 AM »

Emperor officially states intention to abdicate, set for end of the month

Although it was anticipated that after the attempted assassination of His Majesty earlier this year, he would move forwards with a plan to abdicate the throne, up until recently there has been no word on such a matter. However, in light of a failure to fully recover from his injuries, as well as his wish to devote further time as a historian rather than the activities required by the state, he has decided to make this decision. At the same time, he has stated that in light of his dutiful fulfillment of his duties as regent, his son, the Crown Prince, would be better suited to the position of Emperor than he was.

The Imperial Household's statement regarding the Emperor's abdication further goes into detail regarding the process by which power will be handed over to his son, with the official date of his abdication being set for the 28th of August, with the new Emperor taking up further duties as the year progresses until the 31st of December, when as per tradition, the new Emperor's reign will be seen as officially beginning. It also states that, shortly after His Majesty's discharge from the Hospital, he made up his mind regarding the situation so as to prevent a crisis, should he die of further complications down the line.

The Imperial Diet passed a bill in late July during a session permitting the abdication of an Emperor under the current constitution, a bill which was further confirmed as being constitutional, which led to rumors regarding the Emperor's upcoming abdication. A timeline for the abdication has been provided at www.ImperialHousehold.gov.dt

It is anticipated that foreign dignitaries will be allowed to attend the Enthronement ceremony on the 28th of August.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 01:53:58 AM by Daitō »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial News Service (Daitō)
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 06:19:19 AM »

Slavery and Freedom

We recently had the pleasure of interviewing His Majesty regarding last month's speech made during his Enthronement ceremony. Ichiro, our correspondent for the imperial Family, conducted said interview, which we will play for you now.

Ichiro- "Before we begin, I wish to once again congratulations on your accession to the throne. I have to ask, though... What was it like, finding out you were going to face such a burden so soon?"

HM- "Thank you, Asahi-san. As for your question, however... I suppose I felt a bit of fear, at first. I mean, the moment my father was shot I realized that this was quite possibly going to be the moment that kicked off the events over the last few months. Naturally, I felt afraid, confused, and... surprised. I mean, I'm only twenty-five, after all. The Emperor's heir, sure, but still only barely out of college."

I- "Would you say that your former position as the His Majesty's regent prepared you to take over entirely?"

HM- "Oh, definitely. I mean, sure, I took the throne only a month ago, but in practice I've held the responsibilities of the title since April."

I- "And did that shape your speech? I mean, you had to have had first-hand experience with handling the ongoing Human-trafficking crisis going on throughout the world, right?"

HM- "That's... A difficult question to answer, to be perfectly honest. I've always wanted nothing but the best for everyone... I even want to see the man who shot my father turn his life around, get the help he needs."

I- "Yes, as you've said before. Please answer the question, your Lordship."

HM- *sigh* "Fine. I'll admit it. Even though, as I just said, I've sought the best for everyone, I've... not always held up to that goal. I just cannot stand those who take an active part in the system of slavery. Y'know, the idea of owning slaves is diametrically opposite to the ideals our nation were founded upon. It is a cruel system that must, in my opinion, be opposed wherever it tries to take root. So yes, I would say it helped shape my views in general, though I'd argue that they've been around for as long as I can remember."

I- "And what about your statement regarding the Ardian population in Daitō? Though a minority, many in the nation have been confused by your statements on their plight."

HM- "Well, how do I put this... My father, while a great man, isn't perfect. He, like my grandfather, while not necessarily promoting it, didn't do much to improve their situation either. Sure, they moved into the lands beyond the Idaina mountains after the First Ardian war, but... I don't agree that they 'have no place' in Daitō, nor that they should be treated poorly for the actions of their ancestors. I mean, you may or may not know this, but many of the people who moved into the Idaina range after it was annexed didn't do so by choice. Why should we punish their descendants for what they themselves could not control?"

I- "A fair point, but I don't know that a history lesson is what we need at the moment."

HM- "Oh, quite on the contrary. After all, the History of the Ardian community in Daitō still breeds discrimination against them to this day, in some cases even among the provincial governments themselves. If you don't mind, I'd like to pose you a question: What good is a nation that promises equality to all within her borders when she does not see the descendants of an old enemy in an equal light to others who reside therein? Should we offer the same treatment to the Native Tsukishimans, the Rus', and the Teutons?"

I- "No, I don't suppose we should."

HM- "Then why should we not seek to better improve the lives of the Ardians?"

I- "I... I don't know, actually."

HM- "Exactly. They are just as deserving of the freedoms afforded by the Constitution as anyone else."

While his approval rating remains high, some have called into question the new Emperor's statements during the speech. Further coverage on the matter will be provided as necessary.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 02:03:35 AM by Daitō »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial News Service (Ikhan)
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 03:17:49 PM »
Army to adopt new rifle

A Spokesperson with the Ministry of Defense recently confirmed rumors that the Army will be phasing out the Hazhai Model 76 in favor of the Yamano AR-311 for frontline service. This makes it the first time in the last 80 years that the Imperial Army has not made use of a Yamakawa-supplied Service Rifle. While there are some who believe that there were better choices for reasons including the occasional rumor that some designs were stolen from competitors, the spokesperson said that they will go forwards with the plan, with it being expected that the first units will be issued by the end of the year. Yamakawa has yet to make any comment regarding this development.

Election News

As of the present, analysts are now predicting that Former Prime Minister Fukumoto holds a narrow edge over the CDP's Ikumi Edano, this coming in the wake of a speech he gave in which he criticized her for her failures in handling the 2018 Nagato Earthquake and Tsunami.

My opponent, Representative Edano, has repeatedly failed her own constituents, for instance, in the wake of the tragedy that was the tsunami back in 2018, she abstained from voting on a package that would grant billions in aid to those who were worst-affected by it. Thankfully, despite her own failure to vote, the motion passed, but I have to ask you: Is this someone you want leading the nation?"

At the moment, Representative Edano has not yet responded to this criticism, though it is expected that she will release a statement by the end of the day.

In other news, the DCP's candidate, Kazuhiro Seto, has officially dropped out of the running.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 02:08:17 AM by Daitō »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2020, 06:55:15 AM »
Daitō to enter talks with the Cross-Straits Treaty Organization

Shinkyō -- We have received word from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that the national government will enter into talks with the Cross-Straits Treaty Organization regarding it's future relations with the organization. This comes on the heels of a recent vote by the CSTO's council to invite the nation, as well as a vote by the House of Representatives on whether to agree to such talks. It is anticipated that Makoto Asahara, State Minister of Foreign Affairs, will arrive in Rokkenjima soon, after which the meeting will begin. A spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs had the following to say on this news:
It is no surprise to us that the CSTO has offered us membership within their organization, after all, we share many of the same interests in the Sea of Kyne, as well as our cordial relations with our neighbors south of the border. If I'm being frank, we were prepared to request membership within the organization as early as July, but held off until His Majesty was formally enthroned. It is hoped, regardless of the implications such a move might have on the upcoming elections, that this meeting will prove fruitful."

Prime Minister Fujie's rivals have made varying statements regarding this move, calling into question whether the opening of diplomatic overtures to the organization were truly meant to help Daitō or if they were an attempt to bolster an already-failing campaign.

Election News

As previously stated, the recent move to open talks with the CSTO have been met with some criticism by the other candidates for the Office of Prime Minister as well as others within the parties. When asked about the situation, Fmr. Prime Minister Fukumoto had the following to say:
While I will not doubt the judgement of my colleague, I cannot help but wonder whether his approval of the meeting between Foreign Affairs Minister Asahara and the CSTO was done out of a duty to better protect the nation or if it were out of his own self-interest. I can only say that, back during my first term as Prime Minister, I would've never agreed to it so soon to an election. If the Daitōjin people want to join, it will be determined by their vote, though I know that only a few are actively opposed to it."

On the other hand, Representative Edano had this to say on the proposed meeting:
While I may have voted in favor of the meeting, it is important to note that, unlike the Prime Minister, I am not agreeing to the meeting simply because I believe it will help me hold onto power for four more years. Rather, I see it as a deterrent to foreign actors which would do us harm, which in this ever-treacherous world is a factor which we must ensure is on our side."

Despite these statements, Prime Minister Fujie's approval rating has increased since the news broke, with him now presently tied with Representative Edano.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 07:54:53 AM by Daitō »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 04:36:44 AM »
Eita Fukumoto Elected Prime Minister

With all precincts reporting, it is now confirmed that former Prime Minister Eita Fukumoto has been reelected as Prime Minister of Daitō. His primary opponent, Representative Ikumi Edano, has conceded the election, as has the incumbent Prime Minister, Eijiro Fujie. He is set to take office effective the 6th of November. In his victory speech, he was quoted as saying
I promise, despite how divisive these last four years have been, we will move forwards together. Hate has no place in Daitō nor prejudice. Together, we will build the nation you, the people, want."

Despite her defeat in the elections, Deputy Hatas has stated that she will work alongside her party and the incoming administration to accomplish the goals set out by the government. His Lordship, the Emperor has also formally congratulated Prime Minister-elect Kaval on his victory and is expected to preside over his confirmation as the new Prime Minister.

Emperor, Imperial Family to attend Memorial in Achkaerin

The Imperial Household Agency has recently confirmed that the Emperor will attend the Memorial Day ceremonies in Achkaerin this November alongside members of the Imperial Family and a few as-of-yet unannounced guests. Members of the family that are expected to attend include Crown Prince Hidehiko and Princess Satomi, his brother and sister, as well as the Emperor-Emeritus and Empress-Emerita. Other members of the House have not yet been confirmed at this time.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 07:42:13 AM by Daitō »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2020, 04:33:10 AM »
"Ryū" to return to flight starting January 2021
A spokesperson for the Ikhani National Aerospace Research Organization (INARO) has confirmed that the Ryū spacecraft will return to regular missions starting as early as January 2021 and no later than March. The spacecraft, which has been grounded since February 2020, was found to have a serious flaw in it's RCS system in the last flight. This comes after plans to update a more modern version of the spacecraft, the Ryū M, was planned to begin missions in its stead. The Ryū M, which will be the variant that will fly starting next year, features upgrades to its communications and navigation systems alongside adjustments to the RCS system in light of these issues.
Ryū M spacecraft without mission module
It is confirmed that Nikranauts Daisuke Uegaki, Masako Saruta, Karl Adler, and Naoji Busujima will be the first crew of the new spacecraft, which is aimed to launch on the 21st of January.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 07:54:40 AM by Daitō »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2020, 06:23:58 AM »
Daitō Remembers the Second Great War

Today, November 11th, marks the 75th anniversary of the end of the Second Great War and, at least in the eyes of many others across the world, the "Great War" as a whole. Daitō, having been a combatant during the wars at three separate points, saw much destruction at the hands of the Ardian Empire. It is estimated that, between 1939 and 1945, anywhere from 2 to 6 million people, both militay and civilian, lost their lives or were severely inured and many cities were laid to waste. A further 15 thousand continued to suffer from damage inflicted by gas-exposure for years to come. The economic side-effects of the war also plunged Daitō into a period of recession that lasted until the late 50's.

It is expected that the planned military parades across Daitō will continue as planned, though the one in Yuzawa will be delayed until after the rain passes around 3:00 PM.

Emperor-emeritus reportedly in worsening health as further treatment proves ineffective — It is expected that he will remain in hospital for the time being so that doctors may continue to monitor him — DHK — Man, Woman diagnosed with Bubonic plague in Rumoi prefecture — Will remain in isolation while undergoing treatment — DHK — Ministry of Defense reportedly in talks about constructing a new aircraft carrier — No further details have been provided as of today, but it is expected they will come with time — DHK
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 07:59:28 AM by Daitō »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2020, 07:56:48 PM »
Kaval Administration in Peril as Deadlock on Candidate Pick Approval enters Second Month

In spite of his victory on October 27th, Prime Minister Kaval's path towards fully taking office has been shaky at best and narrow at most other times. While he had formally appointed his cabinet on the 9th of November, the National Assembly has found itself in a deadlock on the vote to approve the new cabinet. For example, we shall provide the reasons why some of the cabinet picks have failed to be approved below:
  • Varen Jishan — Varen Jishan was formerly a part of the Khotai administration as the State Minister of the Treasury during the 2003 Financial Crisis, during which time he failed to properly respond to the crisis, with it only being resolved after the Teske-Isara administration took power.
  • Vira Atarin — Due to familial ties (Vira Atarin being the niece of Ashot Kaval), many have come to see her appointment as a case of nepotism, with many pointing to her lack of experience as further proof of this.
  • Enil Vakat — Enil Vakat, while serving as governor of the Ekrit province, was the center of controversy following his own failure to effectively respond to the 1998 Ekrit Earthquake which claimed 86 lives and left thousands more injured. His critics in the National Assembly have called into question why he would be a good fit for the cabinet.
  • Esik Nikira — Esik Nikira is well known for his denial of climate change, which runs contrary to the goals of the Ministry of the Environment, though a major part of this lack of approval comes down to politics, with many fearing that having the cabinet stacked with members of the ALP will make it more difficult to fully implement legislation.

This deadlock is but a symptom of the division within the National Assembly, as talks between the Kaval government and the other participating parties in the coalition have begun to fail. If, before the end of next week, the Kaval government fails to properly implement a coalition government, it will be within the constitutional rights of any member of the National Assembly to initiate a motion of No Confidence and begin the process of removing the Prime Minister from office. While this process has been used on other officials within the two houses of the government, it has never been performed upon an incumbent Prime Minister.

While one might assume that Prime Minister Kaval is safe from this motion, it must be noted that a considerable portion of the National Assembly appears in favor of removing the Prime Minister. If performed, it will be up to the ALP to select a new Prime Minister from among their ranks. As it stands, the various wings of the party have candidates already in place to take over in the event of the vote passing, those being as follows:
  • Jishek Viras — The de-facto leader of the Neo-Esikian wing of the ALP, Jishek wishes to see a return to the political philosophy of his Great Great-grandfather, Esik Viras. If selected, he will be the first member of a Clan to hold the position of Prime Minister. He is known to seek further transparency in the government's operations and is a self-avowed reformer.
  • Erel Kosai — The de-facto leader of the traditionalists, wishing to see a return to the style of governance proposed by the pre-Ikirist ADP.
  • Berai Nikas — Berai Nikas is the leader of the moderates, believing that the course the party is currently on suits the modern Ikhan perfectly as is.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 09:35:41 PM by Arkan VI ve Sherkoz »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2020, 03:25:00 AM »
Vote on Motion of No Confidence underway

The National Assembly's lower house, the Chamber of Deputies, has recently initiated a vote of no confidence in the Kaval administration. This comes after Prime Minister Kaval failed to negotiate the creation of a coalition government after it failed to achieve a majority of seats in the National Assembly in the most recent elections. The motion was brought forwards by one of the Prime Minister's stronger opponents within the ALP, Jishek Viras, who was quoted as saying the following in initiating the vote:

Quote from: Jishek Viras
            Mr. Speaker, it has become clear that the current situation can and will not be maintained. While we sit here arguing over petty squabbles such as who should be on the Prime Minister's cabinet, we have people in Kitenai still in need of relief following the disaster back in '18. We have people out on the streets demanding reforms that should've been implemented decades ago. I have little doubt you'll hear them when this session is adjourned later today, as we all have for the last six days. If Prime Minister Kaval cannot, however, negotiate with the other parties in his coalition, then what reason do we have to expect the same of his administration? How long will it be, if we are able to deal with this present crisis, that we will have to go through this again? A few weeks? Maybe three months at best? Need I remind you that his previous administration has showed us that we will not be able to accomplish what we need to do? No. We cannot suffer this administration to continue as it is now. To quote my great great-Grandfather, the venerable Esik Viras, 'A divided government with a leader who does not represent the nation's best interests at its head cannot, for the good of the people, be permitted to exist.' These words have, after all these years, rung true. It is for that reason that I, with a heavy heart, formally request that a motion of no-confidence be voted upon by this Assembly."

Prime Minister Kaval, in response, strongly condemned the move and has stated that, if he is voted out of office by both houses of the National Assembly, he may not respect such a result. Only time will tell where this crisis will lead.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2020, 05:38:04 AM »
Motion of No Confidence Passes — Prime Minister Kaval formally removed from Office

With two-hundred and fifty-three votes in favor and thirty-seven opposed, the Chamber of Deputies has formally voted to recommend the removal of Prime Minister Kaval from office today. This comes alongside a concurrent vote in the Imperial Senate which resulted in eighty-six senators voting in favor of the proposal and thirty voting against it. As it concerns the removal of the Prime Minister from office, the bill does not require his approval to be undertaken. As of the time of this broadcast, for the first time since before the Constitution of 1899 was ratified, Ikhan has no Prime Minister. Until one can be selected from the ALP, the National Assembly will convene committee to lead the government in his place, this comprising the three major leaders of the ALP, Jishek Viras, Erel Kosai, and Berai Nikas, as well as the de-facto leader of the ADP, Deputy Eira Hatas.

Prime Minister Kaval has, in spite of this, refused to give up power, and it is unknown at this time whether he will do so willingly. What is certain, however, is that the coming days will certainly prove volatile, and it is the hope of us at the Imperial News Service that you remain safe in these troubling times. Regular programming will continue as scheduled in the meantime, however, we will provide regular updates on the situation every two hours. Long live the Emperor! Long live Ikhan!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 09:36:03 PM by Arkan VI ve Sherkoz »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2020, 12:30:39 AM »
Assuring the Nation

A series of three beeps resound across the Empire of Ikhan, lasting nearly a minute long before ceasing, after which a statement prepared by the Esat is read out for all to hear.

"Remain calm. The Emperor endures. Ikhan lives. The Arashin Empire shall endure. There is much work yet to be done." the message said, after which the programming returned to the past day's broadcast of patriotic music on repeat.

As of now, Ikhan has gone silent, even the communications of the average citizens with those beyond the nation currently restricted. It is as though, for the time being, it didn't even exist. Now, all that remains is to wait and see what will come of this situation.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2020, 02:29:15 AM »
Jishek Viras appointed Interim Prime Minister

Following the deposition of Prime Minister Kaval after the events of "Black week*", His Imperial Majesty, the Emperor, may good health be upon him, has, in keeping with Article 4 of the 11th Amendment to the Ikhani Constitution, appointed Jishek Viras, Deputy for Ishkot, as interim Prime Minister until the ALP has selected a new Prime Minister from among it's ranks to complete the former Prime Minister's term. Due to his leadership during the crisis, it is expected that Interim Prime Minister Viras will be selected to complete the term, after which it is possible he may seek reelection.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2020, 11:47:27 PM »
Emperor to adopt Regnal Name effective New Years

In keeping with tradition, His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Arkan VI, will formally adopt his regnal name on the first day of the New Year. The Imperial Household Agency has, with the consent of the Emperor, selected the name "Mishei", a shortened form of the term "Miskaran Eshei", or "Celestial Rule". This particular name has not seen use since the rule of one of the "Forgotten Emperors", that being Emperor Khatas, who ruled between 1593 and 1595. Due to this, it will have the prefix "Ti-" applied to it, inferring that it is the second era of Mishei. As it is picked from among the "Forgotten Emperors", some believe that the Imperial Household Agency is getting ready to formally recognize their reign on the same level as the others, though this is made difficult due to the efforts by subsequent Emperors to attribute their successes to themselves or to Arkan I. Nonetheless, it seems the page is finally turning on the Kosokh era, and now a new one shall begin.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Special — Imperial Kaisan Address
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2020, 03:13:57 AM »
Special — Imperial Kaisan Address

Today, we have a special broadcast for our viewers from His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Arkan VI Vahram ve Sherkoz. The broadcast is as follows:

"My fellow citizens, today, we gather together to respect our ancestors and to celebrate the turning of the seasons. Of course, it is also a time to remember— to reflect upon the events of the year as it now passes.

It was the twenty-eighth day of August, now a hundred-and-nineteen days ago, that I took the throne from my father, the Emperor Emeritus, after the attempt on his life left him with grave health issues. While he has been on the mend since then, he was recently hospitalized as a result of complications following a round of treatment. We do believe, however, that he will pull through soon enough. Regardless of that, I am thankful to you for your well-wishes, both to my father and to myself. But of course, that isn’t to say it was the only event of this year for our people.

This year, Ikhan formally acceded to the Cross-Straits Treaty Organization. This marks a major point in the history of our nation as it represents but the first step towards reintegrating ourselves into our local community, as well as the world at large. It is my utmost belief that, though I say this with the greatest respect for my father, our isolationist policies were a grave mistake. Now, even as we look forward to the future, we cannot help but look to the past, for this year marks a most important anniversary for the world.

Between the years 1914 and 1945— a period of thirty-one years— our nation, one of many, waged a series of wars against the Ardian Empire. Despite this, seventy-five years onwards, I know that many still feel contempt for the Ardian people, even though the vast majority has moved away from such beliefs. I pray that, in time, the wounds of the war will fully heal and that bridges will be built where battlefields once blocked the way forwards.

This year saw the greatest threat to our nation since those dark years under Marshal Ikir’s regime, when Prime Minister Ashot Kaval sought to ignore the vote of the National Assembly in no confidence with his government. This ultimately led to the Prime Minister, in conjunction with disloyal elements within the Imperial Military and the Esat, attempting a coup and shutting down communications across the nation. We are blessed to have weathered this storm, and I am deeply thankful to those among you who took to the streets to defend your rights. Rest easy knowing that, though reform is coming, the dream of our forefathers yet lives.

Going forwards, it is my hope that the National Assembly will vote to elect a new Prime Minister, whether it be the acting Prime Minister or a fellow member of the chamber of deputies or the senate. It is my firm belief that the crisis we have just passed through has shown that reforms must be undertaken. Clearly, though justified at the time, the constitution has allowed for far too much power to be handed directly to the Prime Minister. I, like Prime Minister Viras, will push for greater transparency in the government, though this can only be done if we work together.

With that said, I wish you and your families well, and pray that the coming year will be good for all of us. Thank you, and have a good night.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 05:43:16 AM by Arkan VI ve Sherkoz »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Interview — Jishek Viras
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2020, 06:24:27 AM »
Interview — Jishek Viras

We were recently able to sit down with Prime Minister Viras for an interview following the recent crisis. This interview will play after the break.
Vaguzia. You all know it for it's sights, but its people are in need of help. Every day, a Vaguzian citizen has to go withou- you change the channel until the break ends

And we're back. For those who missed it, we had the pleasure of holding an interview with Prime Minister Viras following the recent crisis. (Note: "E-" = Interviewer, "J-" = Jishek Viras)

E- "Before we begin, I'd like to thank you for accepting our request."

J- "You're welcome, even if it's gonna be strange to watch myself speak tomorrow."

E- "I suppose... Anyways, I'd like to ask you a few questions, if you don't mind."

J- "Well, that's why I'm here, isn't it? Fire away."

E- "For starters, what led to you deciding that former Prime Minister Ashot Kaval needed to be removed from office? Is it a difference in policy, or maybe you felt he wasn't fit to serve?"

J- "Obviously, we just hated each other... Nah, not really. It's the latter, honestly. I mean, my home province was one of the worst affected by his 'management' of the economy, and he nearly led the country to ruin the last time he was in office."

E- "Would you say his opponents were any better, or are you implying that the people simply didn't know what they were doing when they voted him in?"

J- "Honestly, neither. Though we work together, I honestly couldn't see Deputy Hatas being able to manage the country, not for at least another few years. Prime Minister Ekhral, while decent in the role, never really wowed me, and don't get me started on the fascist and the regionalist. On the other hand, I don't think the people voted for the wrong party perse. Even I didn't like the choices we had, but knowing what that man had done in his previous administration was more than enough to tell me he shouldn't be Prime Minister again."

E- "So you broke with your party on this one?"

J- "Yeah, I did. How I see it, partisanship comes secondary to the needs of the nation, and as the last few months have shown, we definitely didn't need him in power."

E- "That brings me to my next question, that being in regards to Kaval's successor. As many of us know, you are in the running to take over as Prime Minister full time rather than just holding the position temporarily. Other than yourself, who would you think could fill the role?"

J- "Well, for starters, by being Interim Prime Minister, I am technically already his successor. To say otherwise is to simply ignore the facts. But if I were to not be accepted fully in such a position, I would hope that the person who follows in my footsteps would have the best interests of the people at heart, as well as the guts to do what is needed to be done in an emergency. While we don't exactly see eye-to-eye on many things policy-wise, I'd say Berai Nikas would make for an excellent Prime Minister, if not my Deputy Prime Minister if I am formally confirmed."

E- "Do you have anything you would like to say to those who are competing with you for the position?"

J- "Yeah, actually... Good luck."

E- "Now then, as many of our viewers know, you are a member of a noble clan, yes?"

J- "Clan Khasa, guilty as charged."

E- "Well, I'd like to ask... Do you think your roots will have any effect on your policies?"

J- "I'd be lying if I didn't say I was proud of my ancestors. Being the grandson and great great-grandson of Erel and Esik Viras respectively has played a role in shaping how I view the world. Those two were really ahead of their time, if you ask me."

E- "That's great and all, but it doesn't answer my question. How will the views of your ancestors impact you going forwards?"

J- "Well, as we all know, Esik was known to seek equity among all citizens of Ikhan, regardless of the circumstances of their birth. I completely agree, after all, everyone should have an equal chance of doing great things for the nation, whether it means fighting on the frontlines or serving as Prime Minister of Ikhan as a whole. Much like him and my grandfather, I believe we need to be pragmatic in how we deal with other nations, if tempered with a bit of optimism. After all, if we don't hold onto our ideals, then we'll become no better than states like Heyra or Tamora."

E- "That brings me to my final question. As you know, under Prime Minister Ekhral's administration, Ikhan took it's first steps towards integrating with it's neighbors in the Cross-straits region. My question is this: Will you continue this process if you are confirmed as Prime Minister by the ALP?"

J- "As it stands, joining the CSTO was, objectively, the best move we could've made at the time, and still is. If I am confirmed, I will actively pursue membership for Ikhan within the Cross Straights Union as well as maintaining this key relationship. As it stands, membership within it, as well as closer cooperation with our allies in the CSTO, is well within the best interests of Ikhan going forwards."

E- "Prime Minister Viras, thank you for your time. That's it."

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2020, 06:31:02 PM »
Fmr. Prime Minister Kaval Sentenced

It has recently been confirmed that Former Prime Minister Kaval, having been found guilty on the charges of treason, corruption, and crimes against the state. Following this, the court has sentenced the former Prime Minister to death, with the sentence set to be carried out on the 24th of January. The method of execution has not been decided upon, nor shall it be disclosed until after his death. The Prime Minister's legal team has attempted to appeal this sentencing, but it has been rejected by the courts based on the evidence found. With this measure taken, Ikhan may now truly begin to heal after the crisis that shook it earlier this month.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2020, 05:46:34 PM »
Viras, Assembly promise governmental reform

Acting Prime Minister Viras has released a statement regarding his goals in the first year of his premiership, with the statement being as follows:
The first goal of my government will be to establish an exploratory committee for the creation of new amendments to the 1899 constitution, specifically going over it and subsequent amendments to see where loopholes therein may exist before recommending change to the national assembly. If, at their recommendation, it is necessary to draft a new constitution entirely, then the process will be handed over to the National Assembly to vote upon. If they, in turn, are in favour of this move, then the committee will be expanded to include various members of the assembly and experts on the laws of the nation, as well as representatives from various minority groups within the Empire of Ikhan.

Secondly, going forwards, I will order that the Esat make public all dossiers of citizens existing from before 1990 and will order the establishment of an organization which will help said citizens gain access to them free of charge. That being said, some of these said documents may need to be withheld or censored if their full release could damage national security.

Beyond this, I will move to put forwards a bill in the National Assembly that would, if approved, grant all citizens the right to access documentation and proceedings of the government with the goal of allowing for the state better public oversight. It is my firm belief that the government, if it has nothing to hide, should be open about it's day-to-day operations.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2020, 05:35:30 AM »
Commission for the Amendment of the Constitution established

Following his statement released yesterday, Acting Prime Minister Viras, with the consent of the National Assembly and Constitutional court, has formally established the "Commission for the Amendment of the Constitution", or "CAC". This commission will serve to, while working in tandem with the Ikhani Constitutional Court, review the 1899 Constitution as it presently stands and recommend new amendments to it as is viewed necessary. They are also granted the authority to recommend the establishment of a new constitution, whereupon it will be expanded to include the National Assembly in it's entirety as well as a few other select groups. The commission comprises of the following individuals at present:
Members of the Commission for the Amendment of the Constitution
  • Chairman: Dep. Arkan Kosei - ALP, Ekrit
  • Vice Chairman: Prof. Kesi Harat - University of Ikan
  • Member: Prof. Esha Insei - University of Ekrit
  • Member: Sen. Erel Vakan ve Akai - RUI, Shenkal
  • Member: Prof. Cedric Baten - University of Erikshof
  • Member: Dep. Berai Kasabiyan - ADP, Arĉo

It is expected that the commission could bring forwards it's decision within the next month, after which it will be up to the National Assembly to vote on the matter. Regardless of what comes, it is clear that change is on it's way to Ikhan.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2020, 05:38:08 PM »
Defense Ministry confirms plans to reactivate select ships in Reserve Fleet

The Defense ministry has confirmed that it intends to reactivate several ships in the Reserve Fleet and return them to active service. The ships selected have not yet been entirely confirmed, but it is expected that the Ikan-class "Aircraft Cruisers" INS Ikan (which underwent significant modification in the 1990s and early 2000s to become a full Aircraft Carrier, only to be retired in 2015), INS Ishkot (unmodified), and INS Khoros (again, unmodified) will be among the ships which will return to service. In the case of the latter two, it will be at least another six months before they can return to duty, as they will undergo modernizations to bring their subsystems in-line with modern technology. Other vessels that are expected to return to service include two cruisers of the Kani-class, the INS Akran and INS Vikil, several destroyers, and a few submarines. The plan calls for an increase in funding for the Military, which will be requested early next year.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2021, 06:24:09 AM »
Special: 2020 — A Year in Review

Greetings, everyone. I am Erel Vorokh, and tonight we are pleased to bring you the annual "Year in Review" special. Tonight, as we ring in the new year, we will run through events that happened in the Empire of Ikhan and her constituent territories both big and small. Thus, we may begin.

We started the year on a good note, when Natan Ohanian was sworn in as First Minister of Rusan on January 5th, making him the new head of the devolved legislature of the country following elections in October. Ohanian, a member of the Rusani branch of the ADP, had formerly served as a representative of the Qa’şila province in the National Assembly before resigning in 2018 to run for the position. This event marked an end to de-facto ANF rule in the country since 1999.

The year proceeded smoothly after that, up until it all came to a stunning halt on the 5th of April, during the celebration of the 133rd anniversary of the end of the Arashin Civil War. On that day, which though it requires no recap will nonetheless receive one, a lone gunman identified as Vrasek Khines made an attempt on the life of His Imperial Majesty, the Emperor-Emeritus Kosokh. Though he was ultimately unsuccessful in accomplishing this insidious act, the then-Emperor was left severely injured to the point of disability. At present, he is once again in hospital, recovering from complications from the injury, but is set to be released early next month once this round of treatment is complete.

After that, things were fairly peaceful, if a bit hectic as the Empire worked to ensure the continuity of power following the attempted assassination of the Emperor. During this time, the INS Khiras, having been put into the reserves in 1991, finished it's repairs and was temporarily recommissioned in preparation for the 2020 Festival of Sail and the 75th anniversary of the end of the Great War.

In July, both Houses of the National Assembly voted to permit the abdication of the Kosokh Emperor, Esik I Vahram ve Sherkoz, and the enthronement of a new Emperor. This marked the first time since the reign of Erel IV— the Kotarin Eshva— that an Emperor abdicated from the throne. Following a grand ceremony, Crown Prince Arkan was enthroned as the Mishei Eshva on the 28th of August. Though it was mistakenly reported before, the first day of the new Regnal Era will begin on the traditional Arashin calendar, or January 15th for those more accustomed to the Gregorian calendar. The celebrations of the week of Ikhaimas will begin as scheduled on the 8th of January.

Another major event that happened this year was the ascension of the Empire of Ikhan to the ranks of the CSTO, a process which experts were predicting was the most likely result of talks which began earlier this year. With this step, the Empire has moved forwards in it's pursuit of greater regional integration. We at the Imperial News Service would like to wish our brothers and sisters in the Cross-Straits region a Happy New Year and we hope that it will prove better for all of us going forwards.

Then, we come to what can easily be considered one of the darkest moments in the last thirty years for the Empire of Ikhan. I speak, of course, about the elections and subsequent attempted coup against the government. Ashot Kaval, a name that will go down in the History of Ikhan with infamy, successfully won the 2020 elections for his party, the ALP, which has since distanced itself from the man. Following this victory, the opposition within the National Assembly, as well as within his own party, sought to remove him from office. Some of his loyalists have claimed that this was nothing but a powerplay and that the National Assembly subverted Ikhani democracy by removing him, but his actions after the vote vindicated the motion by the Assembly. As it is fresh in our minds, we will not go into specifics, but rather mention that, following his trial, he was set to be executed on the 24th of January.

Finally, we come to what could be the most important story of the coming year, that being the establishment of a commission by Acting Prime Minister Viras which will seek reform in the constitution, if not outright replacing it depending on their decision. Even now, the commission is hard at work reviewing the document, checking for what may need to be dropped or ammended from it and if absolutely necessary, it's replacement with a better one, one that will fit the needs of the nation as it goes into the modern era.

Thank you for tuning in. I am Erel Vorokh, signing off.
The Anthem of Ikhan plays in a somber manner, as though a reminder of all that had come and gone this year, but it was also... hopeful, as though inspire people to look ahead to the new year and the new era of Ikhan.

OOC Note: Happy New Year, everyone! I am so glad to have been able to spend it with you this year, and I look forwards to seeing what everyone has in store for the new year. I wish to offer my condolences to those who lost loved ones this years, but also to remind you that whatever struggles you are having, you will always have an open ear to talk to. Thank you, and have a good year.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2021, 09:22:24 PM »
Constitutional Commission recommends creation of new Constitution

The Constitutional Commission established late last year has, after having spent the last few weeks reviewing the Constitution for potential amendments to it, formally put forwards a recommendation to the National Assembly to begin the process of drafting a new constitution. It has formally recommended that the Assembly use the draft proposed in 2003 as a base from which to write the new constitution, which, if used, would allow for it to be dealt with in a more timely fashion than otherwise possible. Chairman Kosei was quoted as saying "...The draft from 2003, when Ikhan was considering the adoption of a new Constitution, would provide many of the safeguards proved needed by the recent crisis..." and "...It was only narrowly rejected as it didn't grant powers to the Emperor which, at the time, many in the National Assembly wished to see restored. It is our hope that, if such wishes still exist, then they can be handled in such a way as to avoid too much change to the government while ensuring safeguards against the powers the Prime Minister was granted under the 1899 constitution."

It is hoped that, if all goes according to plan and the National Assembly agrees to use the 2003 proposal, the process could take as short as a month.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2021, 12:18:21 AM »
Economic News

The GDP of the Empire of Ikhan shrunk in the last year, this being in part influenced by the attempted assassination of the Emperor in April and the coup-attempt by former Prime Minister Ashot Kaval. While it is hoped that the economy will begin to bounce back from this hit, the GDP nonetheless shrunk by approximately 1.3%. As a result, whereas it formerly stood at $4.17 trillion, it is now $4.11 trillion. The GDP per capita has also decreased, now reaching $17,934 while it was formerly $18,168.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2021, 02:54:40 AM »
National Assembly begins deliberations on New Constitution

Pictured: The Ikhani Chamber of Deputies building

The first joint session of the National Assembly on the establishment of a new constitution was undertaken today, seeing attendance from representatives across the nation. This first session was performed in order to determine which chapters of the proposed 2003 constitution should be maintained in the new constitution, as well as which provisions of the currently in place constitution will remain as they presently are. The chapters which were dropped include Chapter 1 (which the RUI sees as degrading the position of the Emperor too much), Chapter 6 (due to concerns about finances), and Chapter 7 (due to wishes from many to see the provincial system overhauled). These chapters being rejected as they currently are will be debated on and changes drafted over the next few weeks. but it is anticipated that the move will continue on schedule.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2021, 03:43:34 AM »
INARO confirms mission plans for Nikai M-1 Mission

The Ikhani National Aerospace Research Organization has formally confirmed the flightplan of the Nikai M-1 spacecraft, which is planned to be a test flight to determine it's future within the program. The flight, crewed by Nikranauts Esik Akai, Vira Tiran, Bagrat Shavur, and Nergui Alkat, will fly upon a circumlunar free return trajectory, taking it around the moon before flying back to Mundus. While the spacecraft and launch vehicle are more than capable of attaining orbit on their own, INARO believes it necessary to determine the functionality of the spacecraft before any missions of a more complicated sort are flown. This comes on the heel of rumors that the organization is planning on test flying the "Akran" spacecraft, a spaceplane which would in theory replace the Nikai in the coming years.

INARO has also confirmed that it is looking into chartering flights for it's Nikranauts aboard foreign-built spacecraft going forwards.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 06:16:41 AM by Arkan VI ve Sherkoz »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2021, 11:47:37 PM »
National Assembly Approves Chapter 1

After much delay, the National Assembly has formally approved the modified Chapter 1 of the new constitution, which concerns the place of the Emperor within the Government of Ikhan. While maintaining his primary role as a symbol of the state, the chapter will grant him greater authority where necessary. Below are some of the articles from this chapter:
Article 1
The Empire of Ikhan shall be reigned over and governed by a line of Emperors unbroken for ages eternal.

Article 5
The Emperor shall be granted the right under the constitution to dismiss and appoint the Prime Minister of Ikhan during times of National Crisis, as voted upon by the National Assembly.

Article 6
Executive power rests in the hands of the Emperor, acted upon with the consent of the Cabinet.

Article 9 
1. The Emperor, in consequence of an urgent necessity to maintain public safety or to avert public calamities, issues, when the National Assembly is not sitting, Imperial ordinances in the place of law.
2. Such Imperial Ordinances are to be laid before the National Assembly at its next session, and when the Assembly does not approve the said ordinances, the Government shall declare them invalid for the future.

Article 15
The Emperor shall be permitted the right to abdicate by this Constitution, whereupon he shall rescind all powers of governance granted by this Constitution and be conferred upon the title of Emperor-Emeritus.

Article 16
In times of crisis, as determined by the Privy Council and National Assembly, the Emperor may be permitted, with their recommendation, to take further power and establish an emergency government headed by him.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2021, 03:17:07 AM »
The Mishei Era has begun

At 12:00 in the morning, January 15th on the Gregorian calendar, the High Priest of the Vakanist faith conducted the first rite of Keset, the first of many rituals that will take place throughout the day in order to formally ring in the beginning of the Arashin New Year and the formal start of the Mishei era. Celebrations have since commenced and will continue throughout the day as Ikhan celebrates the formal beginning of the New Year. A more recent tradition of Ikhan was also performed, that being the Prime Minister's address to the nation on the Arashin New Year. This year, that was performed by Acting Prime Minister Viras in lieu of there being no selection as of yet of the new Prime Minister, who elected to deliver a more personal message alongside it. An excerpt of that part of the address will follow shortly.
...It is for that reason that today, as we gather together to ring in the New Year, and indeed the New Era, that I wish to deliver this more personal message alongside my previous remarks about the past year. Together, we saw much change in Ikhan, as we once more spread our wings and took to the sky. We weathered challenges together, even as we now prepare ourselves for what lies ahead. Only together, as sons and daughters of the fatherland, will we be able to push forwards and chart our own course into the future. We have thrown off a tyrant from his throne before he had the chance to corrupt the state and poison the Emperor with his false promises and hidden agendas. But now, as we watch the sun rise on Ikhan once more, we now have the opportunity to see the dawn of the new era. Now, the sun shall rise on Ikhan and her Mishei Eshva, long may he reign.

(Note: This post, at least irp, is meant to be released on the 15th)

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2021, 11:04:29 PM »
ALP, ADP Coalition select PM

The Coalition government of the ALP and ADP has formally convened a vote to select the next Prime Minister from among their ranks, as is permitted under the 1899 Constitution in the event of the removal of an elected Prime Minister by vote of no confidence. While Acting Prime Minister Kaval has served admirably, many believed that handing such affairs to a member of the Virasid lineage of Clan Khasa might disrespect the legacy of Chancellor Esik Viras, who believed that members of the nobility should not hold that position. Though his policies have had considerable support in the Assembly, many in the coalition believe that Ikhan needs a more measured approach rather than rapid reform, especially in light of last year's crisis. That said, Acting PM Viras has not gone without support, though he has said that he doubts the Assembly permit him being given the premiership. Nonetheless, the results of the vote were as follows:
  • Acting PM Jishek Viras — 38%
  • Deputy Aren Etas — 19%
  • Senator Erel Kosai — 39%
  • Deputy Berai Nikas — 4%

With Senator Kosai receiving 39% of the vote from the two parties, he narrowly beat out Acting PM Viras as a result of two seats in the Chamber of Deputies. Jishek Viras has congratulated his opponent, recognizing that he would make a strong leader in the coming years and wishing him the best. Jishek Viras, having forfeited his seat in the Chamber of Deputies, has not released any statements on what he plans for his next move, though rumors have circulated that he may be offered a position within the Privy Council or on the new PM's cabinet.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2021, 11:29:41 PM »
National Assembly approves Chapters 2, 3, and 4

The National Assembly has recently voted to approve Chapters 2, 3, and 4 of the proposed 2021 Constitution. These chapters detail the Rights and Duties of the People (Chapter 2), the National Assembly (Chapter 3), and the Cabinet and Privy Council (Chapter 3), with the Assembly being overwhelmingly in favor of Chapter 2 while being more divided on Chapters 3 and 4. Some excerpts from these chapters of the new constitution have been provided below:
Chapter II
Article 18
   The people shall not be prevented from enjoying any of the fundamental human rights. These fundamental human rights guaranteed by this Constitution shall be conferred upon the people of this and future generations as eternal and inviolate rights.

Article 22
   1. The citizens have the inalienable right to choose their public officials and to dismiss them.
   2. All public officials are servants of the whole community and not of any group thereof.
   3. Universal adult suffrage is guaranteed with regard to the election of public officials.
   4. In all elections, secrecy of the ballot shall not be violated. A voter shall not be answerable, publicly or privately, for the choice he has made.

Article 27
   1. Freedom of religion is guaranteed to all. No religious organization shall receive any privileges from the state, nor exercise any political authority.
   2. No person shall be compelled to take part in any religious act, celebration, rite or practice.
   3. The state and its organs shall refrain from religious education or any other religious activity.

Article 38
   No person shall be violated of life or liberty, nor shall any other criminal penalty be imposed, except according to procedure established by law.
Chapter III
Article 48
   The National Assembly shall be the highest organ of state power, and shall be the sole law-making organ of the state while in session.

Article 49
   The National Assembly shall consist of two houses, namely the Chamber of Deputies and the Imperial Senate.

Article 51
   The qualifications of members of both houses and the electors of the Chamber of Deputies shall be fixed by law. However, there shall be no discrimination because of race, creed, sex, social status, family origin, education, property or income.

Article 54
   Electoral districts, method of voting, and other matters pertaining to the method of election of members of the Chamber of Deputies shall be fixed by law.

Article 72
   The Chamber of Deputies, when the Prime Minister fails to form a government, shall be permitted to vote to remove them from office and elect a new Prime Minister from among the ranks of the governing party or coalition.
Chapter IV
Article 73
   1. The Respective Ministers of State shall give their advice to the Emperor and Prime Minister, and be responsible for it.
   2. All laws, Imperial Ordinances, and Imperial Rescripts of any kind, that relate to the affairs of the state, require the signature of a Minister of State.

Article 74
   The Privy Councillors shall, in accordance with the provisions for the organization of the Privy Council, deliberate upon important matters of State when they have been consulted by the Emperor.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2021, 12:23:30 AM »
Prime Minister Kosai proposes additional Chapter to Constitution

The recently-selected Prime Minister, Erel Kosai, has formally put forwards a motion to restore the previously-abolished Chapter IX of the 1899 constitution, which, if still in effect, would allow for the Emperor to appoint a citizen of Ikhan to the position of Imperial Chancellor. This is not the first time that such a motion has been proposed, but until recently it lacked support due to it's legacy being tied to the Ikirist dictatorship. Nonetheless, in light of recent events, many in the National Assembly believe it may be necessary to restore the position as a check to the power of both the Emperor and the Prime Minister. It is curious, then, that the Prime Minister himself would propose it, with many speculating that it could be a result of his own political views or because of his mandate requiring that he seek a measure that would prevent a similar event from happening in the future.

If approved, the Chapter would require that the Emperor appoint a Chancellor within seven days of the Constitution's approval, after which they must be approved by a simple majority in both chambers of the National Assembly. Should the vote to consider the restoration pass, the National Assembly will review the Chapter and adjust it to fit within the proposed 2021 constitution.