Author Topic: OOC - Wanted - Site for longstanding School with potential terror links  (Read 2185 times)

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
My nation of Kaitaine has a native religion called the Bene Gesserit. Its a strange religion in that it has no fixed doctrine except that women are connected to God/Gods and that there is an upcoming catastrophe of unknown type that humanity must prepare for by gaining knowledge and creating a superhuman being called the Kwizach Hadrach, something that can be achieved by selective breeding.

The religion was chased out of Kaitaine in the mid 19th Century and established itself in secret across Mundus so as to hide. It established four girls Boarding Schools to help keep the faith alive and these have been highly successful building a reputation for academic excellence.

The true nature of the faith was discovered around 18months- 2 years ago and naturally because the Bene Gesserit faith has got itself in a bit of pickle (some "rouge" members tried stealing nuclear waste from East Moreland. It's also trying to take over Kaitaine by armed struggle and may/may not be using child soldiers who would have been trained at the schools.

The school looks something like below and would need to be rather isolated to retain its secretive nature.

If your interested in hosting it then please let me know.

What would it mean for you as an RPer

1. You'd have to accept the fact that a rather large Bene Gesserit following diaspora emerged in your nation but kept their true faith secret until recently.

2. You'd have to be willing to let me write about the goings on at the school, i.e visits by members of the faith etc. Don't worry I'll ask before setting off any bombs or anything.

3. You'd be expected to probably take stances on the going ons in Kaitaine. I can brief you about that if your not familiar.

4. Potentially could be in trouble with Rokkenjima and East Moreland who have come out as anti-Bene Gesserit but have yet so far to take measures against the nations hosting the schools.

If anyone is interested, wants to know more or has any suggestions, comments etc then please let me know. I have this one school that needs a home somewhere active please.

Offline fuwapanzer

• Basically New Zealand
  • this man GUCCI'D down to the SOCKS but need $4 🤨
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Federation of Kaimaya
New Derusmia is a pretty multicultural place, so I guess you could put a school there, preferably in a town somewhere in Tarogga Canton, it’s the least populated canton. Also, I probably need briefings on the Kaitaine situation.

Offline Lady Amaya

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tauredalia
I would be interested as well because Tauredalia seeks to gain prominence by hosting things that would be found in a First World country (like an excellent school). It's also a moderately corrupt country since it's has a weaker economy and is trying to reach that First World status through any shortcut it can find.

I'd also need a briefing since I'm so new.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
In early 1860 the nation of the Union of Soveit Republics (USR- Yeah Communism was a thing much earlier in TIO Mundus) invaded Kaitaine in order to gain access to ports. In the midst of a shortage of food and with the nation run by its religious Bene Gesserit leader, known as the Reverened Mother (Think Pope but cooler outfits and crossed with an autocractic monarch) who was not a good leader the nation fell under USR rule very easily. The Bene Gesserit leadership replaced the Reverned Mother and packed its significant bloodlines (need to breed the superhuman) into hiding. They picked four countries that they felt would be suitble.

1. Ui Cenneslaig, ethnically the Kaitainites are Celts and UC is the Celtic homeland of sorts.
2. Achkaerin, continental neighbours and rather liberal in outlook.
3. Cantabria - another celtic nation
4.TBC - Some reason we agree upon.

By the early 1870's the Bene Gesserit had established small outposts and the faiths paramilitary arm known as the Truthsayers were busy trying to sneak more and more out. By 1880's the schools had been established. Periodically the Bene Gesserit have attempted to retake their homeland, usually failing miserably.

The COmmunist government of Kaitaine was a puppet of the USR until around 2014 when the USR collapsed leaving Kaitaine as the global HQ of Communism. In the 1920's the government of Kaitaine banned all religion in order to try and end the Bene Gesserit uprisings but this hasn't really succeeded. In secret the schools and those loyalists still in Kaitaine have seen fit to keep fighting as and when they can.

In 2016 the Kaitaine Guard Buereu (KGB - Kaitaine's Secret Service) discovered the identities of Bene Gesserit leaders across Mundus and began assassination attempts as well as undermining the security of the schools, effectively blowing their cover as just selective girls boarding schools. Upon the discovery of the schools the Bene Gesserit were welcomed in UC and Cantabria, Achkaerin too recognised them as a legitimate faith. In 2017 rouge members of the faith tried to steal nuclear waste from East Moreland who declared the faith a terrorist organisation, as too did Rokkenjima.

In 2018 the Bene Gesserit launched a surprise uprising in the West of Kaitaine and successfully took back their most holy city, Seitch, from the Communists. They soon after declared the nation to be the Free Theocracy of Kaitaine with Reverned Mother Erin McGregor (who is based in Ui Cenneslaig) as Head of State. ICly I believe only Tamora have recognised the Theocracy as legitimate. There is currently a civil war going on in Kaitaine between the Bene Gesserit and the Communists.

So this school will have been in place since the 1880's, be respected for its academic excellence and be full of highly religious Celtic girls ;)

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.