Author Topic: Council of Crowns  (Read 5852 times)

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
Council of Crowns
« on: August 10, 2019, 07:57:43 PM »

To:- Members of the Network of Crowns.

In 2016 my predeccessor forumulated the Network of Crowns, an organisation designed to bring about a way that those of us in rather unique poitions can support and help each other. With this in mind and with realisation that the Council of Crowns meeting is long overdue. With that in mind I extend an invite for monarchs or their representatives to attend the Council, and following festival, in order to fulfil the terms of the charter. The meeting will take place on the Isle of the Queens[1] and the town of Zhary. I look forward to welcoming you in person.

Sessifets Blessings

Queen Klara II of Lodja.

Zhary City Library

It was rather an odd choice for the Council of Crowns, for such a small island it was odd that its "Capital" sat around 10km away from the coast on a hillside that on a clear day did give a lovely view of the greenery and then the Alucard. It was the seat of the Danialov family and as such Lady in Waiting Jasmina found large crowds welcoming her home as well as keen to see their Queen. It was the first visit of Queen Klara to the island despite its name as the Isle of Queens and large groups had come out to catch a glimpse of their monarch. She was naturally accompanied by a rather large entourage, four Ladies in Waiting, her conclave and rather less expected King David of East Moreland. He and his partner Baronetess Stasya had travelled over two days prior and had been enjoying some time on the Isle of the Goddess before joining the Lodjains on their short trip for the Conference. Princess Rhiannon had joined the East Moreland delegation which was practically inverse to the size of the Lodjain one, King David, Princess Rhiannon, David's Chief of Household Quinn Germaine and the new Youth Minister Edward Holmes who was on his first official duty as a newly elected member of the Representative Council.

The vehicles arrived in their convoy at the library and Klara went on a bit of a walkabout along with her husband King Leopold and her wife CrownPrincess Roksana. King David meanwhile headed inside while he left Princess Rhiannon in the care of Quinn, the pair were going to head to the beach and make a sandcastle. As David and Stasya stood hand in hand watching the Princess depart they looked quickly at the schedule, a brief spot of breakfast, talks about the future of the Network and then head to the town square where events were taking place celebrating the Network. With Klara still speaking to her subjects King Leopold was dispatched inside to help greet anyone.
 1. This isn't the one where the royal palace is

Offline Hassfurt

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Hassfurt
Re: Council of Crowns
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 09:52:31 PM »

Dear Queen Klara

As of yet the Diarchy of Hassfurt has not reached a decision on our future membership of this organisation. We have though a desire to meet with fellow monarchists to discover if we can or should embrace relations between nations. We would like therefore to have a chance to attend what you are calling the festival. If this is permissable we enjoy the idea of coming to Zhary.

From

Queen Karin Biermann
King Philip Thiessan

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 10:21:04 PM »

While the Austrana was undergoing her routine maintenance at Rosa, it fell to the Estvua, stationed at Queen Katenka Naval Base, to transport the Empress to the Network of Crowns meeting. This involved a flight from Rokkenjima to Dartfordia, although she would return home on Estvua, where it would face the same maintenance process as her sister. "We really should employ the Estvua more, I nearly forgot how pleasant her sounds were," Beatrice said with a smile before disembarking and approaching what seemed to be the welcoming committee. Joining her would be Gregory McKenna, her Imperial Liaison for Foreign Affairs.

"Your Highness," Beatrice offered a bow, "I do not believe we've met before and, although rather late, may I offer my congratulations on your wedding."

Beketaten was aware that this meeting could be awkward, after all she had insulted (directly or otherwise) many of the people to be expected at this meeting. Indeed, she had questioned the very independence and sovereignty of their Lodjan hosts while criticizing the foreign policies of several others. Whereas some would seek to avoid placing themselves in uncomfortable situations Beketaten-Hesy-Re welcomed them; if one could conduct themselves well in ideal situations that was to be expected, to conduct oneself well in less than ideal conditions was what mattered.

Following Beatrice she stated, "I am Beketaten-Hesy-Re, Sovereign of Sovereigns, Divine of Appearance, Beloved of Amun, Chosen of Ra, Lord of the Three Lands, High Priest of Every Temple, The Living Horus." She looked at Beatrice and avoided rolling her eyes, "An Empress bowing before a 'king', how disgraceful," she thought to herself. "And look, yet another foreigner in her employ. An Achkaerinese Vicegerent, a Seaforthian speaking with her authority on foreign affairs as her Liaison, a Dartfordian Emperor.....what has happened to her that she would allow such insults?"

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 01:01:42 AM »
OOC - Joint post

Leopold gave a small bow to the Empress, half looking over her shoulder to see if Klara was done meeting her people. She was still busy with that and so Leopold figured he'd have to handle these things on his own. "Her Divine Majesty is sadly busy a this moment" He explained to Beatrice. "Thank you for your kind words" he responded to the congratulations about the wedding, it seemed a long time ago now and the weekend of the dual marriages was like a haze now, partly because of the champagne and partly because he had hardly had chance to relax during the event. "I believe you know Baronetess Stasya" The former Lady in Waiting smiled as she was introduced.

"Yes Your Majesty me and the Empress know each other well." She embraced the Empress as a friend, "and you know my partner, David." She said knowing he would feel rather uncomfortable but would be polite.

"Your Imperial Majesty" David said with the slightest of nods.

While the Empress and her delegation made their way into the library Leopold was busy greeting the next of the arrivals. The introduction would obviously make this one a little more awkward. "ah  Beketaten yes" Leopold said almost to himself following her self-introduction. " My wife, the Most Divine Majesty, Guardian of Sessifet the Queen of the Gods wishes she could have meet your personally. She is however pre-occupied" he motioned to where she was chatting with her citizens outside. "I don't think you've had the privledge of meeting His Majesty King David before."

"No we haven't meet." David gave a small formal nod. "Nice to meet you" he said rather stiffly.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 03:08:59 PM »
The Marrill was one of the Achkaerinese Royal Yacht's, they weren't used much for official duties such as this, in the main they were used for days out on the northern ocean or if in Gowu the Rokkenjiman Sea, the other major use though was for the run between Avalon and the west coast of Achkaerin's largest island. As the vessel docked the Achkaerinese representative Crown Princess Serenity, heir to the Achkaerinese throne, sighed as she made her way down from the upper deck to the cargo hold. She hadn't been planned to attend this, naturally her father would have done it, but circumstances had dictated otherwise[1]. In the cargo hold was Vicky Atkinson, the Royal Mechanic so in short the person responsible for all the vehicles the Royal Family had, she was finishing working on the car Serenity had brought along for the short hop from the coast to the venue.

"Everything ready?" Serenity asked
"Well having had to modify your entire car collection because you lost one of your legs so need to be able to feel the clutch and brakes in a different way." Vicky said "Ready as it'll ever be."
"Good." Serenity said "Trinity's going to take the girls for some ice cream and maybe a walk along the seafront until the festival. Sure you don't want to join them?"
"I'm more at home around my tools." Vicky said
"Fair enough." Serenity said

Joining Serenity at the Council of Crowns would be her cousin Prince Jack, the Achkaerinese Royal who was set to spend some time in Lodja, so this trip would effectively serve as dropping him off as it were. The Aura Comet with Serenity at the wheel made its way from the ship onto the road and then up to the venue, in truth Serenity was happy to be there despite the reason why it was her and not her father because just being on diplomatic duty was a great displacement activity and took her mind for the most part of her upcoming fitness review in terms of her naval commission, still all the messages of support from the Legionnaire's she'd met in Silverhills during her recovery and the staff there were buoying up her confidence.

Once they arrived at the Library Serenity led the way inside she was by far more experienced than Jack in this sort of setting she glanced around at those already inside the usual suspects already in place - the Lodjan's as the hosts showing their hospitality qualities as they always did. The presence of King David showing the Morelander presence though Serenity did catch the term 'husband' being used to describe David by Stasya it sounded like the Lodjan lady was getting a tad impatient or maybe she was dropping a hint or reminder to the Morelander King? After that there was Beatrice who Serenity had regarded as stubborn to the point of foolishness but who now seemed to be borderline reckless, but she refreshingly perhaps wasn't the low point of the room because that spot was reserved for the Pharoah.

"King Leopold" Serenity said once the Empress and the Pharoah had been whisked away "Nice to be here on this occasion. My father sends his apologies, he was originally intending to attend but a personal emergency has sadly prevented that. I'm not sure if you've ever met my cousin Jack."
 1. Vignette on this not yet posted but should be later today - just wanted to get this arrival posted.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 12:39:04 AM »
"It's to be expected," Beatrice replied with a smile, "and indeed I do," she continued, returning Stasya's embrace and gestures. "It seems that each time I see you, you glow just a bit brighter. Your Majesty," she said with a bow, "You are truly most blessed, and I wish you many happy years. I also wish to convey my ebullience and relief in the recovery of Princess Rhiannon," she said as she stood aside.

"Your Majesty, Lady Stasya, Gregory McKenna," he said introducing himself with a bow, "Pleasure to finally meet you. Yes, I'm related to that McKenna," he continued with a chuckle. "The Empress requested that I made a stop before leaving Pyrettania and wanted to present a gift of sorts," he said as he pulled a slip from his jacket pocket. "One voucher, all you can eat, or carry out, strawberry boot laces, no expiration."

With the Empress and her Liaison moving along Beketaten addressed Leopold, "I'm sure opportunities will arise later." As for meeting King David she offered a slight smile, "I assure you, the pleasure is mine. I don't wish to take too much of your time, should we need to speak later I'm sure the chance will arise," she concluded before making her way into the library.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 12:11:24 AM »
Leopold greeted the Achkaerin delegation "Princess Serenity, Prince Jack" he said to each in turn. "Delighted to meet you both" he added as a round of applause came from outside. It appeared Klara had finished her walk around and was making her arrival after it appeared everyone had arrived[1]. One of the study rooms in the library had been turned into a room for the council. Leopold ushered everyone towards it and ensured jugs of water and fresh fruit juice had been provided. "Sadly I must head off to the Festival grounds" Leopold said having watched the last of his guests begin to get settled. He wasn't particularly sad at all and was rather looking forward to the events there. "Perhaps Lady Stasya, Prince Jack and Mr.McKenna, if you have no role for the Council and would prefer the fine weather you are more than welcome to join me over at the Festival grounds." He waited to see if anyone other than Stasya would take up the offer before the pair of Lodjains entered, meeting Queen Klara on the way in.

She sat herself down, her Ladies in Waiting sat behind her as was tradition. "I hope my husband took good care of you." She stated more than asked. "I'm thrilled you all accepted my invite. I believe for some this is the first formal interaction with the Network and to those of you that describes welcome to the Club." She looked down at her notes, "We are a rather unique band of people, despite our cultures being very different we are tied by a heavy burden that perhaps only those of us in the room will understand. That was the belief certainly of my predecessor Queen Viktoria who started this organisation. Now we have in some ways neglected these bonds in recent times. Our Princess Alana being the only person to take advantage of the Grand Tour, although I believe Prince Jack is about to change that. I firmly believe we must attempt to have ties that connect us all, be them friendships, legal agreements or others. With this in mind I would like to suggest an addition to the Charter. At present the Grand Tour applies only to direct descendents  of the monarch. I think we should add to this. I suggest the following.

Quote from: Proposed Addition

The Network of Crowns shall operate a Royal Visa system. Any noble or their family member originating from a member nation may travel to any other members nation visa free so far as they meet the following requirements.

1. They are not deemed a threat to national security.
2. They have no criminal record
3. They shall stay no longer than 6 months.

Exceptions to Clause 3 that permit a longer stay shall be.

a) If the individual has permission to study at a recognised educational institute.
b) If the individual has approved business interests in the nation.
c) If the individual has medical treatments ongoing which require a longer stay.

"I believe adding such a system will allow our trusted nobility a chance to build ties which can help expand the work the Network of Crowns does and bring our nations closer together. Now I welcome also any other business, amendments, additions, removals etc that others have to offer." Klara opened the floor for discussions.
 1. If you want to take part just imagine you've already arrived

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 07:51:25 PM »
"East Moreland is a firm supporter of this idea." David said, "We have seen similar schemes as part of CETO work, my own niece Sophie became one of the first to gain a CETO backed degree and I firmly believe schemes that allow our young people to experience other cultures should be supported."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2019, 06:35:48 PM »
Prince Lennox was representing the Cenneg and he had rather enjoyed himself in Lodja as part of the system put in place by the Network of Crowns. Yes his wife had died in Lodja, but he'd helped in that by pushing her out of a window. He'd never really loved her and hardly had even liked her. Now he was in Lodja as the Cenneg ambassador and loved the life there. It was something that had made his life more pleasant and so he was all in support of the motion. "The Cenneg support the ideas."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 04:06:58 PM »
"These are ideas which Rokkenjima finds easy to support," Beatrice said with a smile.

"I see no reason to oppose," Beketaten said shortly thereafter, "although if we're proposing ideas how about something concrete, something which shall set this Council on a footing which ensures that we indeed treat each other with 'friendship and kindness'? Several nations present today have a history of foreign intervention, a heritage of the internationalist system that we may at least stamp out within the Network of Crowns. A simple addition to the Charter which states that no member of the Network shall intervene in the internal affairs of another member of the Network would suffice, I believe."

"As Monarchs we represent the wills of our People, and not all of them share the same ideals, beliefs or priorities. Thus for us to ever believe that we have a right to insert ourselves into the affairs of another sovereign state is one which would undermine the very foundations the Network seems to be formed upon."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2019, 05:55:42 PM »
Serenity mentally rolled her eyes, yet again the Pharoah of Clysperis proving just why she was so ill equipped for her role, no understanding of the web of treaties and other legal ramifications not to mention the moral ones. There was also yet another convenient omission on the Pharoah's part and just as in the speech that for some reason was so lauded in Tamora it spoke volumes, in truth it was probably safe to say that Beketaten was in relative terms to the others in the room a novice when it came to international politics and laws.

"In relation to the Royal Visa proposal I see no reason to oppose it, it will allow for the greater use of the Network and that is to be encouraged. I'm sure that Jack while enjoying the Festival is getting to know Lodja more and more at the beginning of his stay." Serenity said, her eyes turned to the Pharoah "Now as for the proposal regarding non intervention, I view it as a flawed proposal. Firstly because a number of nations in this room have agreements with each other that involve what is called a mutual defence clause, a mechanism under which they agree to defend each other when attacked, the use of such a clause can and has by definition involved what I believe the Pharoah would define as intervention in the internal affairs of another state. Secondly such a proposal is ignorant of other international treaties and obligations that can create a mandate for intervention, for example the CTO's resolutions whether we like it or not are binding on its members if the CTO were to sanction Clysperis for example by association that is Rokkenjima, Seaforth and Ecclesiastical State all three of whom are members of the CTO and the Network of Crowns, now as all three of the mentioned nations agree by virtue of signature to the Commonwealth Treaty that their duty to the CTO is superior to other organisations that puts the proposal in a bit of a bind doesn't it? On the one hand the members mentioned could choose not to enforce a CTO resolution, which would leave them open to consequences or they could breach this charter.

It's also interesting that the Pharoah cites the many notable interventions of nations in this room and yet ignores the foundation for them. Perhaps the Pharoah would like to elaborate on the justification for her proposal by citing the occasions on which such intervention has lacked legal or moral underpinning? She seems to assume that the nations that conduct such intervention do so on a whim, that is most certainly not the case. I would also encourage her to think carefully about her own words for when she cites correctly that one of the basis's of this organisation is to treat each other with 'friendship and kindness' she must also acknowledge that the vast majority of her own twitter feed fails to do so and should be addressed."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2019, 07:58:30 PM »
"Concrete is not always the best foundation to build upon" King David began, "When things shake a concrete building foundation it can crumble and break, yet when the foundations are flexible that building can be saved and often that also means saving those around it. What Her Majesty is proposing is that essentially regardless of what one of us sat around this table does the others will allow it to just happen. So you would for example have allowed the Catholic Church of Seaforth to murder thousands and taken no action? Now I believe in some ways we should not not, for example East Moreland should not intervene with legal cases in Bekestan over people's actions towards cats, for religious reasons it sits on your statute books and while its something I find....unusual.....its your business. Meanwhile throwing the CTO's name around is a wasted effort. What I propose is something along the lines of this.

"No member shall take action either direct or indirect to negatively impact the internal affairs of another member without first seeking a resolution from the Council of Crowns or where not acting would cause significant loss of life."

"This way should a situation such as the Cultist genocide take place in say Ui Cenneslaig members can still intervene in a timely manner and so end such incident."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2019, 10:58:29 AM »
"The proposal put forth by King David is sound," Beketaten said, "and I feel would most certainly address the concerns from which I spoke."

"I would also like to thank Princess Serenity for taking the time to explain what a mutual defense clause is. Without her explaination I fear my years of university education, experience as Head of State and Government, and common sense would have left me ill equipped to discern what she is talking about. One would also note the operative word defense in such a clause, so perhaps Her Highness may explain what defensive actions intervening in the internal affairs of a sovereign member of this Network, who has not acted in a manner which would see said treaties activated, would fall under? I'm truly curious."

"As usual, Her Highness speaks with the unmistakable air of Achkaerinese arrogance, throwing about treaties which are either irrelevant in the modern era, those which my Kingdom and several others haven't ascribed to, or those which are selectively imposed depending upon the nation in question. The CTO itself is self-explanatory, decrepit, disgraced, and left without any authority or mandate. Your characterization of the intent behind my proposal, as well as your naked disrespect, are duly noted, however."

"As far as my Twitter feed is concerned, I believe it is often said in your circles that the truth hurts, yes? Perhaps if Achkaerin, or those sent to represent it, treated its international counterparts as equals rather than children of the dark who thirst for enlightenment, it would find relations with its Midaranye neighbours more accepting of Achkaerinese input and opinion. I suggest we place these issues between us aside, however, and allow any discussion on what King David has put forth to proceed without hindrance."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2019, 04:12:28 PM »
Serenity was mentally laughing she hadn't expected much from the Pharoah truth be told but this was heavily underwhelming, even by Mundus standards this had to be a record for the moving of goalposts didn't it? Still Beketatan had made this so much easier now.

"It's no secret that the Pharoah's position is that nations should not intervene in the internal affairs of other states under any circumstances citing them as infringements on the sovereignty of those nations, that is after all the driving force behind many of her statements. What she proposed was to apply that standard to this organisation to say that under no circumstances would member nations intervene in the internal affairs of another member, a point objected to for very sound reasons because as pointed out by King David adopting such a standard of 'under no circumstances' would when applied to incidents such as the Eugenics war in Seaforth have seen thousands murdered without action being taken wouldn't it? Applying that standard outside of the Network of Crowns would also include potentially millions in Midaranye being dead." Serenity paused looking at Beketatan "You preach to the choir when you talk of the CTO, everyone in this room with the possible exception of one nation knows it's a dead organisation but it still exists and as such does have the capacity to take action of whatever sort it can vote through its assembly, that's the reality of the organisation." Serenity paused again "However what King David proposes is markedly different from the Pharoah's proposition, it is an approach that has a qualifying article attached to it that of 'without first seeking a resolution from the Council of Crowns or where not acting would cause significant loss of life'.  This makes it acceptable and aligns with the four question lock within Achkaerin's policy on the matter."

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2019, 09:17:09 PM »
"Very well" Klara said while making a few scribbled notes. "We have on the table then two new additions to the Charter. I suggest then we vote on their inclusion. They are as follows."

1. The Network of Crowns shall operate a Royal Visa system. Any noble or their family member originating from a member nation may travel to any other members nation visa free so far as they meet the following requirements.

1. They are not deemed a threat to national security.
2. They have no criminal record
3. They shall stay no longer than 6 months.

Exceptions to Clause 3 that permit a longer stay shall be.

a) If the individual has permission to study at a recognised educational institute.
b) If the individual has approved business interests in the nation.
c) If the individual has medical treatments ongoing which require a longer stay.

"and the other" Klara added as she showed them on a screen.

"No member shall take action either direct or indirect to negatively impact the internal affairs of another member without first seeking a resolution from the Council of Crowns or where not acting would cause significant loss of life."

"Lodja supports the inclusion of both" The Queen added.

OOC - We'll go for a cut of Wednesday 9pm UK time. Majority rules.

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2019, 09:20:21 PM »
East Moreland agrees to include both.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2019, 09:30:07 PM »
"Achkaerin agrees to the inclusion of both"

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2019, 07:12:39 AM »
"The First Empire agrees to the inclusion of both provisions."

"The Kingdom of Clysperis agrees to both," Beketaten said, turning to Serenity. "You view me as naive, it drips from your words and attitude, however you play with a hand far weaker than that which you actually hold. I'm not certain how they do it in Achkaerin, nor do I care to be truly honest, however when one seeks something they do not place the offer they expect upon the table but one which effects the outcome they seek. King David is far more reasonable than you, and it is apparent in his conduct that he is above allowing his emotions to affect his decisions and conduct."

"Whereas before there was no mechanism of accountability one now exists," Beketaten continued. "Members must seek a Resolution, one which would be noted as negatively impacting the internal affairs of another member; they must make their case in a process which is documented. This eliminates the prospect of one nation acting unilaterally of its own accord. Discussions shall take place, and with them the opportunity for those who may feel that actions are beyond what is warranted, or unnecessary, have the opportunity to state that and make such differences known."

"Princess, only those who are arrogant deliver demands expecting they are met without compromise. I offered a proposal, King David offered an interpretation, and we've a position we can all be happy with. Your analysis and attempts to educate me aren't necessary moving forward; I'm not your student nor am I one of your father's subjects. You've much to learn yet."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2019, 10:21:47 PM »
Ui Cenneslaig supports both measures.

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2019, 02:39:07 PM »
The Maori approve the visa process but not the new addition of the use of the network for resolutions.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2019, 10:35:44 PM »
OOC - Just a note that the stated cut off for the vote has passed and I believe both motions pass.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2019, 10:00:57 PM »
OOC - A joint Libby/Ironside post

With the motions having passed Queen Klara looked around. It seemed no-one else had anything to add and so believed it was time to call the discussion part of the meeting to a close. She stood and said, "I believe that for now we've concluded our business. Before we all return to our homes however there will be a chance to meet again so should anyone have any other matters they wish to bring up there will be time then." She explained. As if one perfect cue the four Lodjain Ladies in Waiting reappeared with trays of drinks, wines, juices and waters. Klara motioned to the large double door and several aides, ministers, family and friends of the delegates entered. "There is a garden party shortly, I believe they are just putting the finishing touches to a few dishes." Klara picked up a glass of orange juice and began to mingle.

Stasya naturally made a beeline straight for King David linking arms with him. "How did it go?" she asked him as he kissed her cheek.

"OK, two amendments, one on Visa's, the other on taking actions after due process." David explained and Stasya teased him by feigning a yawn. "How was the beach." Stasya reached into her small clutch bag and took out her phone showing the King pictures of Rhiannon making a sandcastle, a small East Moreland flag on the top. "You didn't post them on.." he never got to finish the sentence.

"Of course not. You don't like me putting her on my media, so I won't. I'm a good girl.....most of the time." the pair chuckled. "We should mingle." She pulled on his arm taking him to meet with some Lodjain friends of hers as others chatted quietly and enjoyed their drinks.

King Leopold watched as his wife was swamped by keen Lodjain nobles eager to ask for favours and the like and so he picked up a glass of red wine and headed towards the Pharoah. "Your Majesty" he said with a courteous nod. "If I recall correctly from wikipedia this is your first major multi-national get together. How did you find it?" He asked as he summouned a servent over to ensure Beketaten had a new drink. "Personally I'm glad nine times out of ten I avoid the serious parts of this. I had a rather nice time on the beach with the Moreland Princess making sandcastles. I sadly think we have an East Moreland fortification on the coast until high tide takes it."

There was not much time for small talk to become serious before a white tunic wearing man with a chef's hat on appeared and rang a gong. "Your Majesties, Highnesses, Lords, Ladies, Gentleman and honoured guests in the garden lunch is being served." He bowed and pushed open the libraries external doors to reveal a large walled garden. On an average day it would have been a nice place for school groups to come and do activities or just for people to enjoy the sunshine and read but today there were a variety of gazebos under each a team of young chefs beavering away over gas stoves. Leading up to each was a long table with a crisp white tablecloth on, silver dishes sat on top with dishes, each table centre had a flag from one of the attending nations on it where the young trainee chefs had attempted to cook the dishes from that nation. At the head of each table sat bottles of drinks from the nation, the whiskies of Ui Cennesliag, exotic juices of The Iwi, each nation well represented. A military officer stood ready to act as barman. King David was rather hungry and headed straight towards the East Moreland table.

"Maybe you should show attention to the other nations first." Stasya said giving a rare piece of political advice. Normally David would have agreed with her but frankly the venison roasting over an open fire was far too tempting.

"Maybe we should be nice to the young chefs first." David countered and noted his Prime Minister and Youth Minister had joined him. Rhiannon was enjoying a bit of an afternoon nap at the embassy and had been promised an evening of watching the fencing from the Mundus Games if she was well behaved. David chatted to the chefs as they prepared a plate and he placed at the head of the table near the drinks where he asked the steward for a glass of a Dark Chocolate stout. He then rummaged in his pocket and knowing what was coming the others gathered around. He found a spare small plate, unwrapped his candle and cigarette lighter setting them up in the centre of the small plate. It was then he began patting down his pockets unsure where he'd left his knife. He glanced sideways, not at Henrietta Quinn as the Prime Minister thought leading to her looking through her own pockets for her knife, instead he was hoping the Empress Beatrice noted the search.

Across the garden a special tent had been set up, the red and white rabbit centred coat of arms of Hassfurt on it. They were not yet members of the Network but had asked to attend the festival. Klara ensured all her guests were getting stuck in before finding Lady Jasmina and making her way towards the visitors. "Queen Karin, King Philip I assume" the Queen extended a hand to each. "I hope you are enjoying your time in Lodja so far. I hope you'll be able to mingle, meet some new people and form those relationships you spoke of. If I can answer any questions I'll be more than happy to."

Offline Hassfurt

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Hassfurt
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2019, 08:14:35 PM »
The two joint rulers of Hassfurt had been outside during the council. They were unsure whether this organisation was for them. The idea though of meeting other monarchs at least means they would understand the Hassfurtian way of business. This was that the word of the monarchs was as good as the word of a God. Karin was the more nervous of the pair. The Red Crown of the Queen was a little too much she realised as the others emerged and the Queen took it off handing it to a staff person. Philip meanwhile elected to keep the Blue Crown of the King on. He enjoyed wearing it and enjoyed an opportunity to do so. They had watched the day as the food was prepared, Philip was essentially interested in the venison being roasted. He was a man who enjoyed to hunt but that tended to be pheasants and ducks. The rich succulent pate of home was often produced from his own ventures.

The pair waited for the gaggle of the monarchs to appear and wondered whether they should approach as a group or wait for them to disperse and pick targets. The duo breathed a sigh of relief when Queen Klara approached. It saved them navigating the situation but also meant they were being accepted by at least one nation. It was helpful that Queen Klara was probably Ermwahl, it was hard to tell with Lodjains being so decrotive with their hair and make up. It had been discussed at home that they must at least abroad be polite to these lesser races and so first Karin and then Philip accepted the greeting. "Thank you for hosting us" Karin took over, "We have so far enjoyed watching your chef's and they're pate is rather tasty." the Queen admitted.

"As for mingling I'd appreciate at some point an introduction to King David" Philip asked. "The Morelanders and their swords interest me and I believe the King was some kind of soldier until quiet recently." Philip himself was a serving Naval officer and the Morelander may belong to the Antaray (Third) Strata but he was a man of influence. "As for questions perhaps you could explain to us whom may oppose us joining your club so to say. I'd like a chance to persuade them otherwise."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2019, 03:42:24 PM »
Serenity had made her way to the table with the Achkaerinese flag on it, after the talking part she was in the mood for something to eat she was also interested to see what the Lodjan chefs efforts at Achkaerinese cuisine looked and tasted like, first things first though she had to send a message to her father she took out her phone and quickly sent the message 'Pharoah checkmated by Honeybadger, good outcome for us. Tell you all about it when I get back.', after putting her phone away Serenity looked around as Jack joined her.

"Settling in?" Serenity asked
"Getting there." Jack said "Have you given King David Dad's letter yet?"
"Not had the chance yet." Serenity said, she looked up as Trinity Larsen for once not in her naval uniform now appeared shepherding Serenity's two daughters Astrid and Lisa
"We're a little late." Trinity said
"Don't worry about it." Serenity said as she hugged her two girls "Fun day?"
"Paddling and v...v..." Astrid said
"Volleyball." Trinity explained when Serenity looked in her direction "Me and Lisa were tossing the beachball around while Astrid had a paddle."
"You must have worked up quite the appetite then." Serenity said "So let's see what there is to eat." she glanced at the selection of food on the table the chefs seemed to have done a good job they had a good variety of Achkaerinese dishes from fish, oysters and other seafood to the more conventional meats. She plated the girls up a plate of food each and as they sat and ate Serenity sorted herself out choosing a steak she was famished.

"Long day?" Trinity asked as Jack went to sort their drinks out
"A little bit yeah." Serenity said "But worth it so far."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2019, 07:39:12 AM »
"Your Highness," Beketaten said as Leopold approached, "I found it to be as I expected it. I know I'm an outsider, just as I know that there is no love lost between myself and the monarchs assembled here. Though we are both from the same Mundus we view it through different lenses, and in that manner, we are from different Mundus'. I am pleased that someone at least had an enjoyable time, after all, we must find joy in each moment life gifts us, yes?"

Beatrice was still thinking of the events of the Council, especially the most colourful moments which had transpired. The 'battle' between Beketaten and Serenity played before her, and while she thought of saying something at several junctures she was pleased that the Crown Princess handled herself well. From their early days at functions such as the Convention for Universal Rights or the Commonwealth Summit, she had always held a firm respect for the convictions and passion Serenity brought with her. 'Even better when our fires are aligned, she thought aloud softly, dismissing the question of McKenna as to the meaning behind her words.

She soon took notice of David's stirring, remembering the knife which Adriana had given to her the last time they had crossed paths. Although she was nervous to approach David, given all that had transpired between them, she found herself to her feet and quietly approached him. "Do forgive my intrusion, but I believe Adriana held onto something of yours from our time in Nyx," she said as she laid the gently wrapped knife before him. "I do hope it hasn't inconvenienced you and," she paused, "thank you for bringing her a measure of calm in those moments."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2019, 09:20:38 AM »
David had wished Beatrice hadn't mentioned he'd given his knife to Adriana it would after all look just like what this actually was, some kind of elaborate plot to give him grounds to soften views against the Empress, but it didn't really matter now what did matter was the next part. "Thank you." David said flicking the small ornate knife open. He prepared to carry out the rituals that came before Morelanders ate but paused. "My apologise" he turned to the Empress, "Tradition dictates whoever provides the knife must carry out the cutting." He turned the blade round and handed it to Beatrice while guiding her into the correct spot. "I'll show you....if I may" he gently placed his hand on hers and positioned the knife against a small piece of the roasted venison leg. "Just a thin slice" he waited for Beatrice to carve picked up the small morsel and placed it on the small plate with the candle lit. He repeated the guidance for some vegetables, some potatoes and a piece of game pie. Satisfied that Helus and the Gods would be pleased with their offering David wiped the knife clean and placed it back in his pocket. "Our Lord Helus please look down over your people here far from home. Bless them with your protection. Marissa we thank you for the gift of the feast provided for us by our wonderful young chefs. Melanor we ask you grant us wisdom to make good decisions here today. We thank Rolaf for guiding into our ranks for this meal yet another distant member of the Unasson bloodline." He glanced towards Beatrice, many realising her family ties to the Cole family made her probably around 1/10000000000000th a Unasson, probably most Morelanders having stronger ties to the claim. "We offer this food as thanks for your works. May The Gods Watch Over Us and Our Life Be Long." He blew out the candle and motioned for others to start eating while he himself lead Beatrice a little away from the table.

"As an Empress you know there are multiple masks a monarch must don . I myself have the mask of being a kind of divine figure among Cultist, the mask of being a soldier, the mask of the Code of Canley, but from time to time that's all they are, masks. Beneath them I am a father before anything else which means I understand what transpired between us. The masks however must not show that." He hoped he was making himself clear. "I gave Adriana the knife for two reasons. The first so that one day we may orchestrate some scene such as this, maybe it would have taken much longer but its now happened. The second because I want you to think upon what the Cultist mask says I must think of you, Lackblade" he said the word hesitatingly as he reached into his pocket. Standing almost shoulder to shoulder with the Empress forming almost a screen between himself and the Moreland delegation he fished the knife she'd just returned to him from his pocket and handed it to Beatrice. "Not quiet a cavalry sword. Sorry" he shrugged as he reached into his other pocket, produced a small knife and began playing with the blade mechanism. " In public there may still be times when things can not be as they were. After all neither of us are the same as when we first meet. In private things may have changed too, I had my times of thinking your friendship wouldn't be worth anything, but Stasya said you were kind to her I mean you didn't have to be knowing her relationship with me. In time the public face of things will change and then so can the masks." He paused for a moment as a steward with a tray of drinks approached. He lifted a glass thanked the man and waited for him to wander off. "I hope you understand the situation we find ourselves in, and of course enjoy the new blade" He winked, "So what do we make of these Hassfurt types then?"   

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2019, 07:18:25 AM »
Beatrice almost shuddered as David's hands touched hers, although not one of trepidation. She followed David's instruction for each successive slice, gently and with precision. Upon conclusion she gently rendered the knife to David's possession and, almost instinctively, bowed her head as David prayed. As David blew the candle and led her she followed, somewhat in an uncertain state, but one she was certain in nonetheless.

After David spoke Beatrice sighed, "As far as I'm concerned, you've no need to explain yourself, that should be my station. I was scorned, I gave into it, I said such hateful and hastily crafted statements toward you, it weighs upon me each day, I was weak in those moments. I was under siege and I assumed the mentality that everyone was an enemy, damn it David, he has stolen so much from me, even my emotions," she said in reference to Charles Offdensen. "And I played right into it, so much so that I could never have imagined a scenario which would see us speak again as friends. Can you ever forgive me for my weakness?"

David's presentation of the knife, and the meaning behind it, was not lost upon her. "It has been a long road and there is still much before us but," she paused, "In the depth of it all, I felt like I had betrayed you, I didn't try hard enough, I didn't live up to the standards we had established, each day it cut as a thousand knives that I was so powerless, but I should have remembered my friend who died and came back to defeat his usurper," she said with a gentle thrust to his side with her elbow. "No matter how long the road, no matter the circumstances, we'll make this right I know. I've missed you so much," she paused to keep her composure, "Outside of the Dartfordians, I always looked on you and yours as family, and though there's so much more I would wish to say I know we've little time."

"As for the Hassfurt types," she said with a grin, "I can't abide policies based on race or genetics, but I also believe that there's hope in all people that you may see a brighter side that may not be readily apparent. Are they lost to the dark, I don't automatically assume as such, but I also know that there is a chance they may be drawn toward a more....inclusive future? I'd need to speak with them more before I revise my first impression, I'm afraid."

"Also," she paused, "thank you. It's not lost on me, and I'll do what I can to make it easier on you at home. I look forward to the day we can share yet again in the open sun."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2019, 08:37:27 PM »
David spoke while looking over at the Hassfurtian group. "I read they have to actually physically fight for the throne." He began, "I know we replicate the idea of challenging people to take our throne when we get coronated back home in Northfort, but imagine every 10 years having to defend your throne. I don't know about you but my backs gone. I don't think I'd last ten seconds against the young nobles these days." He rubbed the small of his back slightly. "I have to say I don't understand their religion and its racial discrimination but it seems the people there kind of accept it, so I think we need to find out a little more." David nodded cordialy to Beatrice and headed over towards King Philip.

"King Philip I believe" David extended a hand "I'm David, King of East Moreland. Nice to meet you."

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2019, 08:10:48 PM »
"Your Highness," Beketaten said as Leopold approached, "I found it to be as I expected it. I know I'm an outsider, just as I know that there is no love lost between myself and the monarchs assembled here. Though we are both from the same Mundus we view it through different lenses, and in that manner, we are from different Mundus'. I am pleased that someone at least had an enjoyable time, after all, we must find joy in each moment life gifts us, yes?"

"I don't think we are from different Mundus at all." Leopold retorted, "And I don't think we see things to different. We all simply want to live in peace and safety don't we?" He asked more rhetorically than anything else. "The sad thing is we sometimes believe we must damage others to get that peace and safety. I think things like the Network can help there." he added as he picked up a glass of wine for each of them. "Do you drink?" he asked as he slightly withdrew the glass from her. "We can always have some fresh fruit juice if you prefer." He waited for the Pharoah to make a decision. "So can we expect more propositions following lunch?"

"I can of course introduce you to King David" Klara replied to Philip. "He's been a very good friend to our nation." She watched as the King then seemed to approach , "I believe you'll not even need my help" the Queen chuckled. Klara turned back to Queen Karin, "As for who will oppose your entry, I don't think anyone will. The Network is more about the recognition of our unique positions and responsibilities in the world. I think as long as you face those then you will find the membership accepting of the role you take." Klara wasn't 100% sure that was the case, the Pharoah seemed a little intent on rocking the boat. "I think perhaps helping us understand how this Srata work may help your case too" Klara asked.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2019, 08:15:55 AM »
"Don't sell yourself short," Beatrice said with a chuckle, "back issues or not, you've knowledge attained over the years which they don't yet have access to. And you've Tucker," she continued, "I wouldn't wish to see him on an especially bad day. I do feel it would be good to learn more of them, I mean, if we were to react purely on first impressions none of us would have travelled to Nyx, yes? Let us see where this goes."

Beketaten grinned, "My People have an extensive history with alcohol, I mean we invented the term 'holy intoxication', alcohol iitself is a link to the gods." Sipping the wine she smiled, "A fine wine indeed, from where does it come? I may be interested in procuring some in the future."

"As for propositions, I can't be certain," she sighed. "My initial proposal, I did not expect King David to meet at my middle so swiftly, but he is a man who has surprised me greatly so far on this Council. You must understand," she paused, "Seaforth has left a rather foul aftertaste in the mouths of Midaranye states; very much poking their nose where it didn't belong. They may speak on our conduct, but who will call them out for the historic genocide of the native people of the land they inhabit? Who are they to say anything of what is just or right to another state, especially one which is so far from their lands?"

Beatrice Anselmo