Author Topic: Tales From The Hermit Kingdom  (Read 681 times)

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Tales From The Hermit Kingdom
« on: January 24, 2024, 10:32:56 PM »

Tales From The Hermit Kingdom: Stories From Kusan

Having maintained near total isolation with the world around it since the fall of the Warsaw Pact much is not known to the outside world about the People's Democratic Republic of Kusan. Myths and rumours are common, thus it will be the scope of this collection of stories to offer an inside look into the hermit kingdom that is Kusan.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Tales From The Hermit Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 11:46:33 PM »
Location: Undisclosed Room, Government Complex No. 1, Kaesong
Time: 5:21 PM

Meetings between Ri Chŏng-jun and Premier Baek Pyong-sun had become more common following Ri Sang-Hee's ascendance to power following the death of their father, Ri Sin-il. Talks of change had been a common theme, doubts in the abilities of Ri Sang-Hee, as well as doubts surrounding Ri Sin-il's positioning of Sang-Hee over her brother to lead the PDRK. About one year prior to the PAFK bombing of Pyrettania a plan had been presented to Ri Sang-Hee for an attack against Rokkenjima, one which would be followed up with attacks across multiple vectors including one quite similar to the Trinitron Attack against Azukishima-Ashinxao Nuclear Power Station and other Rokkenjiman infrastructure, including ocean liners which the Rokkenjimans paraded across the seas of Mundus with such pride, yet the plans were firmly rejected. It was easy enough for the Premier to convince Ri Chŏng-jun to facilitate a transfer of nuclear material to motivated individuals across the border, including transfers from funds within the PDRK rarely monitored with a close eye, a price which they viewed as worthy to see even an ounce of suffering within Rokkenjiman borders.

"I was half expecting her to capitulate," Baek Pyong-sun sighed as he sat his glass down upon the table, "unfortunately it seems your father taught her the strategies of survival and we've lost a good general to boot. Of course it does come with its benefits, even if they were unintended," he continued as Chŏng-jun offered a raised eyebrow. "Well, now the information he had of the transfers to the PAFK have been rendered wholly inaccessible, and we've one less avenue to us should information ever reach the desk of your sister. Meanwhile, she enjoys a show of strength in executing a threat to the nation and may offer some kind words to the associates of the adversary which would normally be an event which would result in her swift removal, one way or the other. I can't be sure what the end game here is," Pyong-sun continued, "but we'll be watching the events that follow and will adjust our strategy accordingly to see that your birthright is returned to you."

Chŏng-jun had resisted the flirtation of the Premier and his associates for some time yet, following the invitation for foreigners to join in the Victory Day celebrations, he entertained their words increasingly as the events unfolded. He loved his sister, after all as they grew up she was quite often seen at his side and when the foreigners in university harassed him in Jenka-Jenkinson, she was the first to stand up for him and even left one boy with an injury that left his left eye blind. Pyong-sun proved to be an effective ear-worm, however. "Our adversaries test us more now than in the past," he would reply, "and one has to wonder if it's because we've a woman at the helm of our affairs, making all the crucial decisions for our nation. The Rokkenjimans learned not to violate our airspace while my father was still alive and here we are," he pointed to the nearest window, "not only are they tempting our airspace but their associates also see fit to test us in such a manner that a valued general is dead today. If it were within my purview the KPA would be rolling across the border to teach those bastards a dose of humility!"

"As it should be," Pyong-sun replied reassuringly. "You should be our supreme leader, yet we're left hampered by the female inclinations of your sister instead; just look at how she ascribes human qualities to our adversaries and our allies, even offering an apology to General Fuji; it's quite simply disgraceful for a Kusanese to prostrate themselves before a foreigner, however benign, and in the same breath she announced the execution of the General she's apologizing to General Fuji. It should be you up there," he continued with a pointed finger, "making the big calls on behalf of all of us. We may have to one day discuss a final solution to this present blockade to your ascendance but if you would allow me..."

"I will not see her killed," Chŏng-jun replied with sorrow, "that cost is one not worth being paid, not at this stage anyway." "Then you are not ready to step up to the mantle of your father," Pyong-sun said with a sigh, "he could not have seen her female predispositions harming the PDRK and its interests, and what I offer is a chance for you to protect the PDRK from the worst impulses of her gender, and yet you hesitate? We've foreigners in the Capitol as I speak," he paused, "your father would not have wanted that and he would have stood proudly against the weight of the entire world, where is that spirit in you?" Chŏng-jun hung his head, "he'd say their very shoes pollute our soil, but she..."

"But she, he said mockingly, "she! It's right there in plain view for you, yet you resist your instincts, your very birthright, why? Why protect her when you could do so much better in her position? Why are you not angered that your father passed you over in favour of your little sister? That's all for today," he said as he stood, "we'll meet again tomorrow at the same time and by that time," he paused to snatch his belongings, "I hope I will speak with a Kusanese man and not a weakling who cries "but" to everything I have to say."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Tales From The Hermit Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2024, 01:22:58 AM »
Location: The Forbidden City, Government Complex No. 1, Kaesong, People's Supreme Congress
Time: 9:27 PM

"How," Ri Sang-Hee asked before asking again, "how is this possible? How did you all not see this for the past months? Look at the transfers," she said as she slammed a stack of papers before her advisors, "how did you not see this happening? Well?" she asked as the room fell silent, "useless, the lot of you," she sighed. "What am I expected to do with this? I have to hold my faith in the fucking Achkaerinese to pull a miracle out of their asses," she again sighed, "and even that is not a given. You, all of you," she pointed aimlessly, "what use were you all in preventing us from reaching this moment? What did you do to prevent it?"

"The answer, given your silence, is nothing," she continued as none rose to speak. "Absolutely nothing, not to your People or state, just...nothing. We now find ourselves on the doorstep of a war against Rokkenjima, a war they can win, and the best you have to offer me with is nothing? Unacceptable, wholly," she sighed. "You'd best hope and pray that my hail mary to the Achkarinese is successful," she added, "if it's not, tomorrow we fight for our very right to even continue our right to exist. That's where we're at, so does anyone want to tell me how this happened?" she asked open-endedly.

"Anyone who states their connection to this conspiracy will be spared death," she continued, "so don't you all jump forward to throw each other under the bus."

Beatrice Anselmo