Author Topic: Cassiopeia request to East Moreland  (Read 2236 times)

Offline Cass

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia request to East Moreland
« on: November 17, 2020, 08:01:42 PM »

To:- His Majesty King David III of East Moreland.

It is my first official duty as ambassador to your Kingdom to formally extend a request for Queen Atalanta II to be permitted to visit East Moreland as part of an official state visit. The Queen is keen to begin building strong diplomatic relations with nations across Mundus and believes that your nation has a history of supporting nations in taking that first step. With our Realms previous diplomatic ties all but extinguished by the former military junta that seized power we are effectively beginning from scratch. It is Her Celestial Majesties hope that by a nation as esteemed as yours offering an official visit that others will soon follow and her deeper hope that East Moreland and Cassiopeia can begin constructing a friendship that may lead to positive opportunities for both nations.

I look forward to your reply.

Blessings of The 12.

Her Excellency Squadron Leader Angeliki Papadimitriou
Ambassador to East Moreland

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: Cassiopeia request to East Moreland
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 10:48:59 PM »

To:- Her Excellency Squadron Leader Angeliki Papadimitriou

The Kingdom of East Moreland is honoured to be among the first nations that Cassiopeia have sought to build relations with beyond just an ambassador exchange. We naturally would be delighted to host Queen Atalanta II for a formal visit to Northfort and look forward to welcoming her and her staff in the coming days.

May The Gods Watch Over You and Your Nation Know Peace

King David III of East Moreland.

It had been a while since Northfort had played host to any major visit by a foreign dignitary. In the last few months the King had taken any foreign visitors to the smaller cities and towns of the Kingdom. It was a way of showing the residents outside the capital that the royals valued them and gave the King a chance to visit friends dotted around his nation. The King though was now back at home in Northfort and had watched since the Cassiopeian ambassador requested the visit his staff go into well practiced routines of preparing the Palace for guests. The Queen's residence, a wing of the Palace, had been prepared for the Cassiopeian monarch to stay during the visit. Despite its name it had been unused for months with Queen Stasya spending her time in the King's suites or up at her own estate in Silverhills. This lack of daily activity meant it was given a good spring clean and was set up ready to recieve guests. For the Morelanders it was a bit of an unknown element as to how big an entourage the Queen would bring. By now the world knew if the Morelanders travelled it was a small group where as Queen Stasya's countryfolk from Lodja went en-mass with a huge staff. The Queen's Residence however could be utilised easily no matter the number and so David was confident things would go well.

Rhiannon meanwhile was not happy about the visit as it meant she was forced into wearing a dress. It also meant she was now standing on a rolled out strip of red carpet at King Robert International Airport rather than having her daily swordsmanship class. She fidgeted with her hair as she stood between her father King David and her step-mother Queen Stasya. David was wearing one of his extensive collection of blazers, this one with the nations coat of arms on the pocket and his small crown on his head. I wasn't often that he worse it but today was a formal occasion. Queen Stasya had been through three different dresses, one rejected as too "revealing" by her husband, another in a colour that for the autumnal morning wasn't correct and then the long black floor length dress she was wearing now topped off with her own crown that she enjoyed wearing. One thing Rhiannon was enjoying about the day was the Red Legionnaires in their silver breastplates stood waiting to provide the guard of honour. While these men where Legionnaires from the elite unit many of them were now counting down to retirement or had been medically discharged from frontline duty. They now formed the Guard of Honour for many occasions. Rhiannon liked hanging around with them and especially watching them practice their sword drill.

As the Cassiopeian aircraft touched down an Air Force band prepared to play their national anthem as the King prepared to welcome them. The aircraft stopped at the designated place and the Legionnaires drew there swords. "So cool" Rhiannon mused out loud as she watched them stand rigidly with their swords at salute waiting for the Cassiopeian Queen to pass by and allow King David to greet her.

Offline Cass

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 11:21:19 PM »
Queen Atalanta felt nervous as her state car approached Golgagra International Airport.The last time she had ventured outside the Realm it had been to escape the Military Junta that had seized control of the nation and while she was certain that today's Cassiopeian military was loyal there was that feint doubt at the back of her mind regardless. The royal aircraft wasn't the grandest of vehicles but it did mean that in the flight over she was able to sleep and grab a quick shower just before landing. The trip was her first official visit to another nation as Queen and she was rather hopeful that it would set the tone for future visits of which she hoped there would be many.

Atalanta had spent some of the flight reading about East Moreland and was confident enough that she wouldn't mess things up. With that in mind when the aircraft stopped she looked down at the waiting Morelanders in their shiny breastplates and recalled that it was a sight she'd have expected to see. As she looked along the line and saw the waiting trio of royals including the young Princess Rhiannon. If the Queen recalled correctly it was close to her birthday and she was pleased that her aides had remembered that. The Queen was pleased to finally get off the plane and stood at the top of the steps waiting for the national anthem to finish. Once the final notes drifted away on the wind she descended accompanied by several of her advisers followed her down. As they passed through the ranks of the Red Legionnaires she took the time to thank each of them for their salute as she passed until she reached the final ones where the Morelander royals waited. "Your Majesties" She greeted the King and Queen before smiling and looking down at the Princess, "Your Highness" she extended a hand towards the young girl. "I'd like to give thanks for you agreeing to host us. I'm committed to trying and restoring our nation to being an active participant in global affairs and your nation has a success rate in that I hope to emulate." She motioned discreetly for the aide behind her to step forward. "If it is permissible I have a birthday present for Princess Rhiannon." She knew that King David was prone to giving books as gifts and so she hoped this gesture wouldn't be lost on the King. "Princess Rhiannon please accept this book. Its full of stories of my nations heroes, people who had great adventures and some great swordsman" She had read how the Princess was interested in sword play and while her nation didn't have quiet the obsession it seemed the Morelanders had the mythology of her homeland featured a huge number of sword wielding heroes. "And for welcoming us I hope Your Majesty will accept this." She handed over a replica helmet made out of Bronze with a red and white plume, the colours in the Morelander flag. In the centre of the forehead was embossed the face of a badger where normally one of the 12 Olympians would have featured. The gift had been carefully selected, they knew King David was a history buff and that the hosts saw militarism as something in high regard. "Please accept this as a gesture of friendship between us."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 10:39:14 PM »
David was always trying to get Rhiannon to read more and was naturally not going to stop someone giving his daughter a birthday gift he was just relieved that the 7 year old Princess remembered her manners and thanked Queen Atalanta for the present. He hoped the idea of it being full of heroes and swords would get her interested enough to read it later. He also feared for the local wildlife who may now find themselves unwittingly taking the roll of mythological creatures in her adventures. When David saw the helmet he was rather excited and the little nerdy boy inside him yelled at him to put the helmet on there and then however the older more sensible monarch interjected into his urge and so instead the King marvelled at it and thanked the Queen before calling his own Chief of Royal Household forward and almost immediately Quinn Germaine appeared to stand by David. "Thank you Quinn" David took the object from her and presented it towards Atalanta. "I understand you're a Naval Officer" The King removed a cloth that had been covering the object, a ship in a bottle. "My staff tell me its a replica of one of your nations ships known as the Okeanos. I just hope they've done her justice." The King knew people's military heritage was always important to them and hoped the gift appealed to the Queen's sense of pride.  "Please lets head to the Palace, I think the airport would like their runway back" David motioned for the Queen to walk with him as Stasya took hold of Rhiannon's hand and followed a few steps behind. "I thought we'd head to the Palace and allow you and your staff to get settled in and then perhaps we can take in some sights of Northfort, that is if there is anything you'd like to see."

"The Park next to the Palace has nice ice cream." Rhiannon offered her recommendation much to Stasya's amusement.

"Thank you Rhiannon" David rolled his eyes at his daughter's attempts at diplomacy. "She's at that age when any excuse for ice cream has to be attempted. I'm just waiting for the next multi-national meeting we host and see if the kiosk will put on an extra long table. But if there is any particular place you'd like to see or go then we can certainly arrange it. Alternatively if you'd prefer to remain at the Palace we can put on suitable entertainment there. We do however have the state banquet at 7pm sharp." At mention of the time David turned to look at Stasya clearly hoping she'd be on time for once. When they'd recently hosted an event for a charity fundraiser she'd been a whole half an hour late because of sorting her hair out. To a man who believed punctuality was a virtue it had wound the King up but Stasya had assured him it was worth the wait and having seen how beautiful she'd looked he naturally forgave her. As they clambered into the waiting vehicles the King hoped the Queen had some ideas in mind for her stay otherwise Rhiannon might just be getting some ice cream. "So, any preference?" the King asked once more.

Offline Cass

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 10:52:22 AM »
The Queen was impressed that the Morelander had obviously done his homework or at least had someone else do it for him. "Thank you" The Queen was already picking out a place in her office for the ship in the bottle and could see a few places it would look good. "In terms of things I'd like to see while I'm in Northfort I'd like to see your Temple of Helus. It's a religion I know little about but from what I do know you have a similar concept to our 12 Olympians." She hoped her words hadn't offended the King. "After that if possible I'd like to learn a little more about your culture and people so anything you have in mind for that would be great. Sadly though that perhaps may not leave time for ice cream" The Queen smiled at Rhiannon. Atalanta guessed that the glace towards Stasya was a hint about time keeping, she herself was often the odd minute late for state functions but the Realm had such strict protocols for matters such as omens being right or Oracles finishing prayers that this was often not within her control. "I always thought it was a ladies prerogative to be a little late but rest assured I shall have my people ready by 7pm. May I enquire as to the menu?" 

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 10:22:26 PM »
The royal cars were spacious but for security reasons the King and Queen of Cassiopeia were in one vehicle while Queen Stasya and Princess Rhiannon took a different vehicle. The rear vehicle even took a different route back to the city than the Kings own which made sense not only for security reasons but also for the fact that the King was taking the Queen to somewhere other than the Palace. "I believe the menu will be mainly game. We're a nation that is still proud to try and live off the land as much as possible, our Gods said they land East Moreland sits on is sacred and as such would provide everything we'd need. I think its possible but not with all the modern technology, sadly we weren't blessed with our own oil, places like Zimalia, Lodja and The Iwi among others provide us with those but I don't think Helus had in mind us driving around in cars. Instead he blessed us with a great amount of game which is much tastier than oil so I think we got the better deal. I think our faiths share only the fact that we both believe in multiple Gods." The King explained as they left the airports VIP terminal and headed along the river towards the towering spire of the Temple of Helus that marked where the city of Northfort was. "I have though enjoyed reading a great many of your faiths stories and your nations myths. The story of the Argonauts was a favourite growing up." The city was several kilometers away and David was happy to chat about the various things he'd read of the Olympians it was only when they passed through one of the old stone gatehouses that marked where the old medieval city once was that he turned to his own faith. "It is said that the Temple of Helus here was the spot where mankind made a final stand against the forces of Darkness, which we refer to as the Underlords. Within the Temple itself stands the alter table where our faith tells us following the battle Helus made a promise to Raimond Unasson that he would not forsake mankind so long as one person followed his Code." In anticipation of the King and Queen Atalanta's visit the military had closed off the area of road in front of the Temple of Helus. Crowds had naturally gathered around the District where there were Temples dedicated to the various other Gods and worshippers began gathering at the foot of the steps that lead up to the Temple of Helus to take photos.

"Please follow me." David rounded the car and opened the door for the Cassiopeian Queen before beginning the walk up the 20 or so steps that formed the entrance way into the Palace itself. It was always a climb that he felt a little tingle in his stomach from even though he'd been here probably tens of thousands of times in his life for everything from weekly prayers, marriages and to give offerings for his children. As he reached the top of the steps Skye Maddix, the High Priestess of the Cult of Helus was waiting for them.

"Your Majesties" she bowed to King David first and then the Cassiopeian Queen. "Queen Atalanta welcome to our Temple" she added as she stepped aside with an arm indicating that the Queen was welcome to come inside. Skye fell into steps beside the Queen catching the guest in a kind of Morelander sandwich. Inside the Temple the floors and walls were made of white stone with a high wooden vaulted roof above them. The Temple was a long rectangle and there at the far end was a statue around five meters tall of the God Helus carved out of white marble. In front of him a grey stone table stood and several artefacts stood proudly as offerings from various people. Once a month they were tidied away unless of course they were perishable at which point the Priestesses who worked in the Temple cleaned them away at the end of the day. "This is the most holy stone in the Cult" Skye placed a hand on the table almost as gently as if her touch could crack it. "Every day worshippers leave gifts for the Gods in hope of him giving them a blessing." It was clear people also touched the statue as the feet of the God were worn smooth from hundreds of years of human touch. "Our Temple here is also our faiths administrative centre and home to where many Priestesses are trained but perhaps the thing that is most worth seeing is through here." The Priestess reached into a leather pouch that hung on her belt and she took a rough iron key out and lead the King and Queen to the door to one side of the statue.

"As a child I used to do this probably once a month." The King remembered how excited he used to get every time he asked to make the climb. "I hope you don't mind the walk." The King held the door open for Skye to take the lead and then the Queen to walk by. He followed up the wide spiral staircase that ran up the inside of the twin towers until they had summited the 100 meter high tower. David's back was slightly aching as he reached the viewing platform on the roof that gave a view across the whole of Northfort, the Palace about 3km to the North sitting on its hilltop. "No building in Northfort is allowed to have a height greater than 100 meters because of this tower" the King explained, "No monument or building may stand higher above the ground than the home of Helus." He explained. "The view though is magnificent. The centre of the city of Northfort is essentially the old medieval city with the suburbs being more modern. How does this compare to one of your nations Temple?"

Offline Cass

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2020, 10:59:13 PM »
The Cult of Helus had no followers in Cassiopeia at least not in numbers that required Atalanta really knowing about them. It was though respectful to pay faiths other than your own due reverence and so that was why she asked to visit the place especially knowing that King David appeared a pious man in his own ways. When the King mentioned the Argonauts Atalanta couldn't help but laugh a little, "I don't know whether you just have incredible taste in your mythological favourites or you are amazingly well briefed." She then hoped she hadn't offended David knowing that the King was a history graduate, "Forgive me." she offered an apology still unsure how to read the Morelander. "You see tradition in the Realm is that a Queen is allocated a name because of her history, the omens and various other facts taken into account by the Oracles. I was born Hanlia Manolas but when I was six I had a run in with a bear in the woods and thankfully avoided being mauled, I then served in our Navy. Well legend has it Atalanta was a fierce hunter and raised by bears. She is also the only female to have served on the Argo, so you see I am named for one of the Argonauts." She was proud of that fact her namesake had been onboard that famed vessel and that she had helped make her own beloved boat the CNS Okeanos as acclaimed, at least in her homeland.

As she entered the Temple Atalanta was careful to ensure she followed the traditions that she had read about and as she reached the alter table she removed a ring from her finger and placed it on the table, "I hope the Temple will accept a gift from our own God Poseidon, a sign of our blossoming friendship." She wasn't sure how the King would see the gesture but believed it was one that would be seen for the spirit in which it was meant. As David had the door unlocked and she peered up into the tower she was glad that she had elected to not wear heels and hoped that she wouldn't be a sweating mess by the time she reached the top. Once there the Queen took the time to take in the sights beneath them and while Cassiopeias capital of Golgagra had many buildings taller than this she appreciated the fact that beneath her the city had kept its character and she could almost imagine it full of medieval peasants making their way to some hustling and bustling market. "Its certainly a great view" She finally said once she had recovered her breath, "Do you not find that law on building height restrictive though?" the Queen asked, "I can just think of several office blocks taller in our nation and they are great additions to our capital in terms of the economic set up?" She was keen to find out some more about how things were organized in East Moreland and this could be a way in. 

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 09:13:02 PM »
David was pleased that it seemed Queen Atalanta enjoyed the experience of seeing Northfort from this rather unique view. "The law isn't really a problem you see as a nation we've a vast amount of space compared to some. Our cities have the ability if we need it to grow outwards rather than upwards. Our biggest city Portworth has just over a million inhabitants. It seems us Morelanders prefer smaller settlements than many across Mundus." The King took a look down upon the city leaning on the parapet of the Temple enjoying the view of the brown and reds in the woods and parks that littered Northfort. "When it comes to great economic centres for East Moreland that tends to be more about Silverhills, Northfort is in many ways more just a ceremonial and historic capital rather than a business hub." The sun disappeared behind a cloud and so the King lead them back inside and down to ground level once more. "Perhaps we should head to the Palace, begin discussions for why you really came rather than stunning views." David thanked Skye for her time and headed back out onto the street where a large crowd had begun to gather to see the King. David waved to the crowd and stood with Atalanta allowing the media to get their pictures before heading back to the waiting vehicles.

It was a short drive from the Temple District to the Palace and once there David had left instructions for his office to be prepared. It was rather large and while it was known as an office it was more a combination of a lounge and an office. The desk sat with its back to a large window which overlooked the lake outside where a pair of swans glided gracefully across the dark still waters. The rest of the room was taken up with white bookcases that lined the walls stocked with a vast array of reading material. The King was proud to say that he had read the vast majority of them during his life. A square of four black leather sofas provided a setting for less informal meetings and they looked inward on a glass topped coffee table supported by a huge engine that had once belonged to the SSC Honeybadger project. It was one of the King's favourite possessions and blended perfectly the old style of the Palace and the new modern take the King had tried to bring to East Moreland. The King showed the Queen to one of the sofas before retiring to one opposite having first ensured suitable refreshments were provided. "So perhaps we should begin discussions on why you requested this meeting?" David asked.

Offline Cass

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2021, 09:45:46 AM »
OOC - Forgot we'd started this.

The Queen had enjoyed her tour of the Temple and the views it gave across Northfort. She had not so much liked the idea of having to pose to allow the media to do their work. Back home all this was handled by Hermes the state run media outlet and any of these gutter journalist types would either be kept well away or have to use officially approved images of the royals. The office of King David had remarkable views across his estate and seem a contrast to the almost urban style nature of her own sprawling complex. She took a seat and a glass of water before turning to matters of business.

"There were two reasons for me coming here, the first is to be seen as escaping our little bubble of the world. It is clear that East Moreland is a nation that has achieved a lot diplomatically around the globe and has been at the forefront of some interesting projects. As such being able to say that you invited me was important for the people of my Realm to be able to say that we were accepted back into the fold of the international community so to speak. So simply by being here today you've already done me a big favour. The second reason we selected you is we want to do some things in short order that put us back at the forefront of some cutting edge projects. We see Chamwick (???) is an interesting project where you've gathered great technological thinkers together, I'd like to propose first that you allow us to somehow access that city by investing ourselves and joining some projects if possible but also looking at essentially creating Chamwick 2.0 in Cassiopeia. Tied to this I would like to ask to be permitted to send a Cassiopeian air-force officer to train with your astronauts and hopefully before too long become the first person from my nation into space, perhaps going to your inflatable space station. Do you think these things are possible and if so what would East Moreland like in return?"

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2021, 09:44:56 PM »
David was proud that Chamwick was getting some plaudits. It had been one of his first projects and he was proud of how it had helped East Moreland take a step towards the forefront of cutting edge technology. "If you want to have permission to have your nations companies come to Chamwick they can already. The city has special rules that allow it to accept applications to set up there on a case by case basis so I don't know of any reason why you couldn't get places there. As for the Universities I'd be happy to discuss some kind of student visa easing. That would give your students access to not just Chamwick but any University in East Moreland. I'm going to be honest but I think you may find some Morelanders interested and coming to study in your nation as it has a rather interesting culture. Generally we set conditions that any student may come so long as they naturally meet the criteria set by the institute, can fund their study without working in East Moreland, have no criminal record and don't show up as a risk to national security. I would naturally like this to be reciprocated if we're to make a deal. If we have that arrangement then you have business and educational access to Chamwick, I'm not saying the city isn't an interesting place to visit but I don't see many tourists heading there so I think we've that part of your request covered. In terms of setting up your own version of Chamwick I'd be happy to put you in contact with some of the original designers and planners as I'm sure they'd be delighted to help."

The King poured himself a Green Tea from the pot. "As for the space issue it is the Royal Aeronautical Society that manage that. I can order them to allow you to send people to train with their teams but I won't order them to put them in space. You're a former military officer and you know the dangers of putting people in positions they aren't prepared for. Now you ask for what we'd like in return, the first thing is we'd be delighted to help. The more people we have looking at the solar system the more we learn. I would therefore ask that any experiments scientists on your teams do on our facilities we get copies of the data. I would also ask for you to be willing to include us in some of your space projects when one day you have your own programme and finally to be part of our More and Mundus project. It was set up by our former Chief Counirllor Tim Carpenter to allow Morelanders to experience other cultures. As someone who is a self confessed history nerd I find your own nation fascinating and would love to have some of our students go and experience your schools, your daily lives and see your nation. It would mean some schools partnering together for three week visits where the students stay with host families. It a project I think is fascinating for everyone involved and would love to have you onboard."

Offline Cass

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2021, 10:15:20 PM »
The Queen prefered to stick to just coffee instead of the green tea, it was something she hadn't really ever taken too. "I'll have my Trade Ministers get in touch then and explore the ways of us co-operating in Chamwick. As for the student visa arrangement I'd be more than happy to see that put into practice. There are a lot of people from our nation who have spent a significant amount of time in other countries and I think that's something that can help us in the long run. Now we have our nation back though I fear that our next generation may miss out on these experiences. What was a necessity for us became something lots of our exiles enjoyed but now this More and Mundus programme could be a useful way of exploring them getting the benefits of some time abroad without thankfully any occupation. That in mind I'm happy to abide by your agreements conditions."

"In terms of our people having to pass the tests required for the space training I'm confident within the ranks of our service men and woman we can find individuals who can easily fulfill the requirements to begin the training. Naturally from that point forward its down to them to make the most of their opportunities. We seem to be asking a great deal of you, trade links at Chamwick, space exploration, is there anything you'd like from us?"