Author Topic: A (second) Letter to Izhitsa  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
A (second) Letter to Izhitsa
« on: February 09, 2021, 12:31:59 PM »

To the Government of Izhitsa,

First allow me to apologize for the lack of advance on the issue of our military deployment. I hope you can appreciate that this was due to the manner in which the events of the Parbhani-Topri and that they escalated rather quickly, we went from a position of an ongoing conflict to a ceasefire to an ultimatum with terms some of which may not be well received by the Topri. Further the ultimatum's nature puts everyone on the clock, in forty eight hours from the declaration of it Topri must either agree to the terms, the international community members that have been approached must find a way forward or the offensive will resume. Having been personally involved in negotiations of this sort it's a time limit that is not helpful and very much reads that the Parbhani leadership appears to be making nothing other than a token gesture rather than engaging in a constructive and meaningful way to end the conflict. Now not even this would see the deployment in question, what is making that happen partly is that Parbhani civilians have been killed by Topri's military, every analysis of the situation that I've seen and heard of whether it be Parbhani's own or an international one concludes that Topri will lose this war, that's a warning sign that Topri have nothing left to lose and that it is entirely possible that repeats of the temple incident or similar atrocities may occur. I hope that this conflict does not end with a descent into what the Seaforth Catholic Church did but if it does get to a point where things do either escalate or degenerate I would rather be in a position where I can assist my nations friend in Dragovah if they require it sooner rather than later given the geographic position of Topri against their eastern border.

My second concern and motivation in this situation is the lack of knowledge and information on a critical point the "respected members of the international community" are not yet known, but judging off the lack of communication coming into Achkaerin from certain nations it's reasonable to say who has not been asked and that list includes significant numbers of nations with experience in this sort of situation, as a local of the Northern Ocean Achkaerin is greatly concerned that no notification from Parbhani about who these nations are has been given, the secrecy of it begs the question whether they even exist at this point, either whoever has been asked has dropped the ball and not told the locals or Parbhani has themselves not invited anyone. Either way they're not being done any favours with a ticking clock.

With respect to your governments suggestions, we appreciate the intent and your efforts however I cannot really agree to either suggestion, to agree to keep the vessels three days away from Izhitsa would be to defeat the object of the deployment which is to be able to take an action if an ally requires it, greater distance impacts this capability. Second the suggestion that we should send a single vessel down there to monitor is understandable however considering the forty eight hour deadline not viable, if thee ultimatum's deadline was a week, ten days or so we would consider a single ship to monitor but the time frame of forty eight hours means we cannot do that, it will take the forty eight hours to get those vessels there, to send a single ship to monitor the situation is fine but in the event that the situation turn bad very quickly it is then a further forty eight hours to get the vessels down there in number.

I hope that in a few hours I will be able to tell the ships to turn for home.

Crown Princess Serenity Azurewind