Author Topic: Mktvartvelo: First Step Into Ardia (Daito)  (Read 1137 times)

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
Mktvartvelo: First Step Into Ardia (Daito)
« on: November 24, 2023, 03:15:13 PM »

Office of the Prime Minister of the Unitary State of Mktvartvelo

To the Empire of Daito

As part of a regional visit to East Ardia, Prime Minister Brdzeni Kvirkvelia would be interested for an official visit to your nation, in the first official visit between government representatives in years, to discuss issues including trade, security, and international cooperation.

We hope the meeting between Daitojin and Mktvartvelian will contribute to a better understanding and cooperation between our nations.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
Re: Mktvartvelo: First Step Into Ardia (Daito)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023, 09:13:37 PM »

On the behalf of His Excellency, Prime Minister Sadazane Konishi, we would be more than pleased to invite Prime Minister Kvirkvelia to visit the Empire in the coming weeks. It has been far too long, in our opinion, since the last visit, and we agree that it is important to discuss the matters which have been presented. We look forwards to the visit, as do we look forwards to continuing a beneficial relationship between our two nations.
A few weeks later...
   If Sadazane were being honest, he was mildly surprised the Mktvartvelians were going to visit. Not out of any foul opinion of them, of course, but rather due to all of the disruptions in their government as of late. But even so, he knew how to be a gracious host, even if he wasn't sure anything they hammered out now would survive to the next government. He put on a smile when his counterpart from the north arrived and greeted him warmly.
   "Welcome, Mr. Prime Minister." Sadazane said, offering to shake hands. Both were once military men, so that was at least something they shared, even if one had been a career officer while the other... wasn't. "I trust your flight was pleasant?"

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2023, 06:11:29 PM »

"It was a quite calm journey, thank you", Brdzeni Kvirkvelia replied. The Mktvartvelian delegation included a man named Zurab Namoradze, a man wearing a military uniform, who spoke fluently the language of the guests.

"I am glad to have the honour to be here", the Prime Minister added. "I am convinced that we can find a way today to advance toward cooperation and understanding between our nations. The communication between our countries, as complicated and difficult as the ties between our nation, have not been as easy and direct as it could be, but my visit may be a first step toward that aim".

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2023, 07:13:20 AM »
   "Indeed, Mr. Prime Minister." Sadazane noted as he invited Brdzeni and his cohort of assistants to follow, to join him inside rather than wait out in the cold November air. "As I'm sure you're aware, we've begun to make major strides in returning to the diplomatic norms seen during the Eikō Era, albeit with more openness and less sabre rattling. Don't get me wrong, we both know that there is peace in strength, but sometimes, a gentler hand is needed. A scalpel rather than a sledgehammer, so to speak. Pursuing closer diplomatic ties is that scalpel, Mr. Prime Minister." He added as they passed through a gallery of paintings in the Prime Minister's residence before soon arriving at his office. "Which is why, pray tell, I must ask what would you propose, beyond our present arrangements vis-à-vis our embassies, I mean. Some sort of treaty of friendship, perhaps?"

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2023, 11:04:59 PM »

"That could be a reasonable proposal", Brdzeni Kvirkvelia replied. "We are, however, more interested in the content that the form that the agreement would require. Besides improving diplomatic communication between our governments, we would be interested in improving both communication and understanding in the field of security. For that reason we propose a bilateral agreement which should include both sharing intelligence and information, in the cases the security of the other side is affected, as well as the introduction a treaty or clause of extradition".

The Prime Minister waited for the response of his Daitojin host, or a clearer proposal regarding the proposed treaty of friendship.