Author Topic: A Matter of Inquiry  (Read 753 times)

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
A Matter of Inquiry
« on: January 27, 2024, 07:03:14 AM »
To Tamaki Kado,

I am writing to you on behalf of the intelligence community of the Empire of Fusan with regards to your press briefing made earlier this week, wherein you alleged Kusanese involvement in the vicious attack on Pyrettania last year. Of course, I recognize that, following the "unfortunate business", so to speak, between our two nations earlier last year, any intelligence-sharing treaties which were in force between us were rendered null and void, however, I also note that, under Article IV Section 2 of the ADSN declaration, quote, "In order to protect citizens of all nations any intelligence gathered by one nation that would indicate a likely threat to another is to be shared in a speedy manner." If, as you claim, the People's Democratic Republic of Kusan is responsible for providing nuclear waste to the People's Armed Forces of Kalasin, then that, by definition, would indicate such a threat not only to the First Empire, but to all nations whom are to some degree, whether militarily or economically, tied to the nations presently engaged in the peacekeeping operation in the Republic of Kalasin.

Thus, I must urge that any and all intelligence gathered by the Imperial Naval Intelligence Service be shared with the members of the Fusanese Intelligence Community as well as with the governments which are party to the ADSN charter as a whole so that we may "compare notes" so as to decipher whether what we know corroborates this new information. We are prepared to fully cooperate in responding to this threat so as to ensure that no future attacks may occur.
Signed,
Ichirō Nakamura,
Director, Central Intelligence Research Agency

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: A Matter of Inquiry
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2024, 11:52:13 PM »

Most unfortunate business indeed. While the information released to the press is accurate we have not shared that a source within Kusan had provided documents which show that nuclear waste from Kusanese reactors began to divert from logs about a month and a half before the attack in Pyrettania. In addition, analyzing the plutonium utilized in the attack has "relics" which match previous data gained in our understanding of the Kusanese Civil Nuclear Program. The ratio of contamination of that plutonium matches contamination ratios one would expect to see in plutonium which was once fuel in a Kusanese reactor.

In the coming hours the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy is prepared to conduct a proportional response, targeting a missile production site within Kusan. While we recognize the implications this intelligence has not only for the First Empire, but all nations attacked, we ask that broader military responses do not take place in light of this information until a more clear picture is before us.

A copy of our findings which goes into far more detail than belongs in a communication such as this has been attached and will be forwarded to our fellow ADSN partners.

Attached file: kusanintel.ndp

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2024, 12:30:11 AM »

Kado I will file this under the list of conversations that we never had, however allow to be very clear my assessment of what you have provided as well as the assessment of my counterparts agrees that you have evidence that the nuclear material sourced for the terrorist attack in Pyrettania came from a nuclear reactor in Kusan. However that does not meet the required standard for you to implicate the Government of Kusan in this as there is no evidence of complicity presented. You have to be able to show that someone in a position of state authority in Kusan ordered the movement of the nuclear material or was aware that such movement was happening, you have shown neither. Absent that information any military strike on Kusan is questionable and as this would very likely be the first shot in a war it would place every Achkaerinese, Daitojin and Preorian soldier in Kalasin in jeopardy through no fault of their own.

Present the evidence that shows complicity on the part of the Kusan Government or stand down the military response until you have something concrete in that respect. I am communicating this as a courtesy but you should be aware that your Empress has received the same concerns from her aunt.

Rion.

Offline Abertone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Abertone
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2024, 05:11:30 PM »

It is disappointing that the agreement made in the ASDN that  "2. In order to protect citizens of all nations any intelligence gathered by one nation that would indicate a likely threat to another is to be shared in a speedy manner. Should a nation believe that by revealing this intelligence it would place its own safety or operations in jeopardy then they are excused from sharing this intelligence." has not been utilised. The recent RBC report indicates that you have discovered evidence of the perpetrators of the attack on your nation originated in Kusan. I would have hoped this would have been shared via the organisation. I understand there has been a track record of Rokkenjiman intelligence not sharing information with their partners and had hoped this would be a thing of the past.

This is notice that should similar breeches take place again then the Empire shall consider the charter void and as such be forced to withdraw.

Consul Graziano on behalf of the Empire of Abertone