Author Topic: Rokkenjima Broadcasting Corporation (RBC)  (Read 88859 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: Rokkenjima Broadcasting Corporation (RBC)
« Reply #300 on: December 12, 2023, 10:29:06 PM »

Councillor Koizumi Speaks On Father's Passing

The former Lord High Steward and Councillor for Austrana Prefecture, said his father's passion inspired him to his choices in politics in Rokkenjima.

Councillor Shinjirō Koizumi of Austrana Prefecture, and former Lord High Steward, shared his "immense grief" with the news of the passing of his father, former Daitōjinese Prime Minister Shinzō Koizumi. "In many ways he was the force which molded me into the man I am today, setting my eyes upon a path which saw no obstacles I couldn't overcome, with a sense of duty and service to the nation I've come to call home. It's not lost on me that he led the spearhead for Daitōjin aid to Rokkenjima in those dark days, though I doubt he could have seen me meeting the love of my life, who these days goes by the name Hakura Koizumi when she said yes to our marriage, and all that would follow from that. And while the position no longer exists I am proud of what I have accomplished here in Rokkenjima following the war; the Empress trusted my judgement so greatly that she named me Lord High Steward, and I am equally proud of my service following that as Councillor of Austrana Prefecture. Though we very much served different Crowns no one can deny we were cut from the same cloth, and so I make a promise, to him and myself today, that I will honour what our name means: unyielding loyalty, honesty which is brutal when it has to be, and a sustained determination to do what is right and just in the face of any circumstances regardless of their difficulty."

"I will, of course, be travelling to the Empire to pay my final respects and say goodbye to a man who has had such an impact upon not only our nations, but Mundus as a whole. When we pass all that remains is the sum of our actions in our time upon Mundus. Just as he said to me as I grew into manhood I relate to you all: "Let not the circumstances of the day rule your future, only a fool believes that today sustains in perpetuity." I didn't quite understand those words when he spake them to me initially, but I grew to understand them as the years passed. We can leave a remarkable impact on every facet of life, only if we choose to and we can make tomorrow better than the day that came before, again, if we choose to. I say this not to any in this room but to him; I miss you father, but I'll employ all you taught me in each decision I make going forward. I'm certainly a better man from knowing you, and I'll see you again one day. Thank you."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 16, 2023, 10:45:21 PM »

Kitsune Reveals Her New Bow

Kitsune shows off her new bow at Rosa Shipyards.

Following in the footsteps of Megitsune and Nogitsune before her IRN Kitsune departs Rosa Shipyards with a new bow. The design change, a necessity for the class to field the RK80-N, accompanies further upgrades and service which will be undertaken at the Ashinxao Naval Support Facility. While the capacity of the Megitsune Class will carry a lower number of fighters than other carriers operated by the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy the conversion program builds upon the change in attitude and strategy of the IRN instituted by Empress Emerita Evanthe who called for "a more nimble, capable and modular force" which places a greater emphasis on submersible operations than seen previously, largely owing to her service in the Seaforthian Navy. Whilst Empress Saisei was associated strongly with the broad deployment of battleships Empress Emerita Evanthe equally became associated with her submarine force, reorganizing the submersible fleet into a series of "Pods" which operate across the various oceans and seas of Mundus.

Empress Sutāraito, meanwhile, appears to be blending the strategies of her two major predecessors, seeing the reactivation of three Reverence Class Battleships. The class marked its first major operations in recent years when an operation was authorized to strike at targets within Kalsain, notably unleashing havoc upon a military convoy utilizing the diversity of shells available to the Edward Truden. "With a capacity to simulate the gunfire support of several smaller vessels," a spokesperson for the IRN shared with the RBC. "Thus, Edward Truden fired upon targets within Kalsain and delivered a large portion of our retaliation for the attack against Pyrettania."

The Megitsune Upgrade Project is projected to conclude within the next few years, with the performance of IRN Megitsune in her new configuration allowing for adjustments to be made for ships of the class further down the line in the upgrade process.

Rokkenjiman Meteorological Agency Offers Storm Update

The Saisei Empress shared this view from Pyrena Castle in a pause of the storm which bore down upon Rokkenjima.

For the first time in seven years the Imperial Rokkenjiman Government opened warming centres and suspended activities across the Empire as a blizzard paralyzed large swaths of Rokkenjiman society. The Imperial Government encouraged Rokkenjimans to "stay at home, or in place if travel advisories are active in your area, and to use best judgement" as local snowfall counts in many localities broke records. In Pyrettania 1.7 meters of snow had fallen, with the Saisei Empress offering a photo from Pyrena Castle before the brunt of the storm had impacted the city. "In the courtyard I'm enclosed, yet the sound of the winds persist despite the pause in snowfall," she posted to social media. "Listen to your local officials and keep you, and yours, safe during this event."

Thus far 14 lives have been lost due to a variety of causes while hospitals across the impacted regions have reported an uptick in intakes for cases such as frostbite, hypothermia and exposure. Schooling has been cancelled for the remainder of the week, while crews from Azukishima Power Services are responding to calls regarding power outages. The RBC will keep you updated on this developing story.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 16, 2023, 11:30:26 PM »

Empress Delivers Imperial Address

The Empress delivers her remarks..

Speaking before a Joint Session of the Imperial Diet Empress Sutāraito has delivered the Imperial Address. RBC presents the Address following without commentation.

"Fellow Rokkenjimans, Friends and Allies of the First Empire, honourable delegates from afar, I thank you for joining me here this evening.

A broken compass, betrayed values, uncertainty for the future; we've been here before, and this will not be another one of those Addresses I promise. We have endured much as a nation, we've been attacked from forces outside of our borders and I am proud to say that our Servicemembers return home victors in a conflict we never asked for, never desired, yet we saw it through to completion alongside our allies. But I'd argue, what has truly be won, however? There are casualties on each side, lives that will never be the same and yet, as it usually is, people like me sit in our offices, our throne rooms, we live in our palaces as so many lives are disrupted and I must ask, is there not a better way? Can we not simply co-exist, leave each other better from our interactions; must we resort to killing our young? I'm just out of high school so you can imagine my fright at suddenly having the say in where those just ending their education gratuate to exchanging bullets and, again mind you, I ask...for what?

We see piles of bodies on each side," she paused as she brought up a graphic image from what she saw in her intelligence briefings from the Empire, "what does anyone say to that? How do they respond, as human beings, to what we are capable of inflicting on other human beings? I found myself, after viewing this image and countless like it, in a moment of crisis. I doubted the better will of humanity itself, I doubted whether or not people were capable of even doing basic good, but then I remembered I, myself, am human. I, just as all of you viewing this speech, have the power to effect so much, but do we choose to do it? Do we escape the confines of our comforts to actually pick something up and say, "today I am making the world around me a better place"? Sadly, many of us would answer "no" and we'd return to watching the same five or so television series that make us feel better about ourselves.

I debated, before speaking with you all tonight, whether I would speak the speech my writers prepared for me, the speech I myself prepared, or just speak to you honestly and you know which one won?" She paused, pointing to her hear, "the one in here, I'm not reading from copy, I never needed to in high school and I won't start doing so now, I'm speaking to you as if we were in the same room, face-to-face, before each other in a way beyond a television screen. I believe fully in every word I speak because, the dream my mother fought for is dead. Be it the Assembly of Mundus, the Covenant of Nations, the aspirations for a global compact, a global understanding, I believe are dead. It's not the fault of any one nation or group, yet we must live in a world determined by the interests of states, the interests of intranational organizations, but I am confident we can make the most of that and, perhaps, work back toward a path of international accord and unity, if not for any other purpose than one: a common platform for the settlement of international disputes which precludes any nation from even considering sending its young to die on the field of battle.

Returning to what we saw in Kalasin I've seen so much more, so much worse, than what I showed you earlier. It brought about in me an almost existential crisis, a moment marked in my history yet one that I'd always pivot to; I'll always remember where I was when I first saw those heartbreaking and, I'd argue, spirit breaking, images. I nearly abdicated the Throne in those moments but, you know what guided me from that?" she paused as she pointed to the camera, "you did; all of you, as Empress I don't always get to see the better side of humanity. Indeed, at times, I must see the worst and I must make decisions based on what I see that ensure our Empire acts in accordance with our stated principles. In that spirit, I am proud to say Rokkenjima has stood by her principles and we'd take on an enemy even if our defeat were inevitable to defend them; and I had help in that, not one person can take on those sights and not be changed, but I had Thomas at my side and it was because of his guidance, his drive to see me believe in myself, that I made the decisions I made and asked him to be my husband. To break any suspension, he said yes.

After allowing the Diet to cool down from their applause, the Empress continued.

The ASDN is just the start, but we also must build links with our neighbours beyond that. Aosta, Abertone, the Iwi, Cassiopia, Lijiang; so many we've neglected to build alongside. We've seen great efforts and vast investments in what I will call legacy endeavours, growing contentment in our current position, yet such a sentiment is incompatible with what the Saisei Empress and her Vicegerent, Empress Emerita Evanthe, accomplished. We will look to build links across Mundus, restore those links that suffered under past constraints and, during my reign, we shall see the Imperial Diplomatic Corps give those folks in Northfort a run for their money. We once built the greatest diplomatic network known to Mundus for the time and we shall do so yet again. If we're to build a world within which a common playing field exists yet again our success in this matter is of paramount importance; some nations see the future of Mundus through lenses constricted by their regions but we, Rokkenjimans, have always been able to see beyond that, to see the larger picture, and that is a sense of sight I will seen restored to Chrysanthemum Throne.

With our new Constitution enshrining the very essence of Rokkenjiman Democracy into law I am confident when I say we are, once again, that shining city on a hill, an example which other nations may aspire toward, and we must work collectively together not only to be an arsenal of democracy, but also an ardent supporter of democracy in times of peace. It is not just in times of war that democracy is under threat but also those in times of peace; why, we saw it here when Charles Foster Ofdensen saw beyond his station and attempted to force his vision upon Rokkenjima. It is a relatively recent invention, in the course of governance, that mechanisms to ensure the common voice, that of the every-man, reaches even the highest offices of Government and that is something we must all, collectively, fight to maintain. It is not lost upon me that Rokkenjima has operated as an absolute monarchy, both prior to and following the Second Great Patriotic War, but in those struggles we've learned so much, and we've learned that a government of the People is most certainly preferable than a government for the People; I, you, all of us are the greatest servants of our People and it is our responsibility to represent the best of their interests.

This is why I am announcing a new, annual, budgetary priority of the First Empire to allocate र540.5m ($1bn) to support democratic governments across Mundus, to be not only the arsenal of democracy but also the guarantor of democracy in times it is not under a direct threat. It is not lost upon me that democracy is such a powerful force, yet it is also delicate enough that a combination of forces may strike it off course leading our collective societies and cultures back toward autocracy, dictatorship, and the worst whims of the human heart. We must always actively defend democracy, on and off the field of battle, and today Rokkenjima makes a commitment to doing both to the fullest of our capabilities. Even if it's something on the level of building schools to increase civic knowledge and engagement, or something as complicated as tackling corruption, the Democratic Preservation Fund will be open to all nations to ensure that we resist the worst we see in the human heart and preserve our governments from the forces which would render them torn apart or, at worst, at the mercy of the forces of tyranny.

It's also not lost upon me that many of our foreign viewers have a preconceived notion of Rokkenjima, yet such preconceived notions must be swept aside as what I and my Government represent is not that which has proceeded, but that which follows. Under my Reign Rokkenjima looks to the future and not the past which is why I am announcing my commitment to the fullest of explorations of diplomatic engagements beyond our legacy contacts to date; we truly live in a new era and it's one which sees Rokkenjima looking to build relations not with those we already hold strong relations with but those we've failed to see as possible to date. We must look to nations we've seen less engagement with, even those with whom we've had troubled engagements with, not as something to avoid but as something which with to engage, figure out our differences, and find solutions to those differences and build a network of connections not yet realized before upon Mundus. Some may naturally point to Northfort on this topic and I'll give them a point, but only for observation; Northfort has built links yes, but it has not harnessed those links, truly, for the betterment of Mundus. What they take as a talking point of pride Rokkenjima will effect real effort and energy to see a return to the days of standardization, of a common forum and understanding on international relations; this hobilty-cobilty, ad-hoc approach to foreign affairs lacking a common diplomatic forum for the nations of Mundus will cease and we will, once again, find the cohesion necessary to build the links which allow for such a common forum to exist.

We shall look to the Commonwealth, to the Covenant even, not for guidance but for the pitfalls to avoid. We shall take what worked from both while discarding the aspects that didn't and, together, build a Mundus that works for all of us. We've seen the failures of the present era, we know them all to well, and we can do better. We must do better, because the current international system is, quite frankly, not working to its fullest potential. In the new year I will be sharing my visions for a new cross-Mundus agency, one which avoids the pitfalls of the past and one which works because, the current order is failing us on a daily basis. The lack of international cohesion and agreement on a myriad of issues can no longer be tolerated; just as we did when the USR threatened biological annihilation upon Mundus we must, just as we did then, join together to ensure that politics do not lead to our annihilation. The common forum must be restored and all of us, I refer to national leaders here mind you, must set aside our pride and work to see that realization become an eventuality. The Northfort Experiment has failed miserably, leading to losses of life not seen since before the Covenant/Commonwealth era. Do we persist on this path or do we, collectively, decide that our pride is not worth this continued loss of life?

I'll leave you all on those words; to think, to ruminate, to debate. The state of our Empire is strong, I'm proud to report, as strong as our aspirations for a brighter future and a renewed tomorrow. May Islyna bless you with her infinite wisdom, and may she bless this First Empire with the wisdom and sight to always choose the true and just path. Thank you."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 17, 2023, 11:21:58 PM »

Empress Emerita Returns As Kōshaku

The Empress Emerita has accepted the invitation to serve as Kōshaku, overtaking duties concerning the Imperial Household Ministry and foreign affairs.

While the Office of Lord High Steward has been permanently retired, an office considered "tainted beyond rehabilitation" following the tenure of Charles Foster Ofdensen, Empress Emerita Evahtne accepted an invitation from the Empress to fulfill the roles of the office, one which was in the days of the Empire of Azukishima ascribed to the Kōshaku. In taking on the role Evanthe said that her "duties elsewhere are in capable hands. Given the vision of the Empress and the undertakings she wishes to pursue I am pleased to offer my insight and service as she navigates this transitional period of Rokkenjiman history. Having had a hand in building the most formidable Imperial Diplomatic Corps the First Empire has ever known, combined with my knowledge of domestic law and procedure, I hope that my insight will not fail the Empress as she embarks upon her pursuits. Serving in my stead as Ambassador to Lodja shall be Empress Emerita Cecelia Anselmo, a role I trust she shall fulfill to the fullest of her capabilities."

Now Kōshaku, Evanthe quickly went to work addressing remarks from Princess Freya following the Empress' Imperial Address. "As a Seaforthian and one who knows the Ironside Family well, and one who enjoyed their support, empathy and generosity of their hearts when my husband disappeared, I must highlight that it is somewhat disingenuous that the Princess would ascribe the actions of traitors to those of the First Empire, actions which clearly took place outside of the recognized chain of command, nor to ignore the circumstances which led to the departure from QAMB, actions which were undertaken due to the irresponsible approach undertaken by the very host nation in question. I trust that our partners in Northfort recognize that a nationalist party presently commands convincing majorities in both Houses of the Imperial Diet thus, having served as Empress and recognizing the challenges which our young Empress faces, there are multiple agendas at play here. She must balance her agenda, consider those concerns of the Parties which the Rokkenjiman Electorate has sent to the Imperial Diet, and at times those concerns will be reflected in speeches, especially one as prominent as the Imperial Address. I am happy to discuss any concerns which East Moreland may hold regarding the content of her speech, to address Rokkenjiman-Morelander relations now and as we move into the future, and to see that the stated goals of the Empress to see the Rokkenjiman-Morelander relationship normalized are realized. What I cannot abide, however, is East Moreland attempting to ascribe a series of actions actions which preceded her reign as being indicative upon her reign; it does not only a disservice to the Empress, but also a disservice to Rokkenjiman-Morelander relations. King David is open to discuss these matters with me prior to his questions before the Representative Council of 2023 so that he may have a full view of the situation, and an opportunity for us both to move forward from the present position."

"I'll say this once, I did not intend to return to the service of the Crown yet when the Empress comes to me and asks me for my advice and service, that is a responsibility I am incapable of turning my back upon. I believe that the ambitions of the Empress are noble, and that they follow in the footsteps of her mother in seeing a Mundus that is better than the one we see before us today; not just for the priveledged, but for the most common amongst us. There is most certainly worth in a common forum, in a harmonized set of standards for the nations of Mundus to ascribe to, and where the Covenant and Commonwealth failed I feel that whatever the Empress has in mind, as it takes shape, should show great promise. We need only look to the Assembly of Ardia as an example; from the information I'm privy to much of the heavy lifting was done before the involvement of the Assembly, with both nations showing remorse at what had transpired and seeking to restore a path toward peace and harmony once again. Given the challenges which have befallen both Rokkenjima and Daitō, and to see both overcome them even against insurmountable odds, it would not be beyond my expectations that a joint effort between our Empires could set an example for the world and, through cooperation, our Empires could work together to overcome the obstacles which led to the downfalls of both the Covenant and the Commonwealth."

In closing her statements the Kōshaku concluded, "There is much work to be done before us, but I believe the Empress has laid out an ambitious agenda and it's one I look forward to aiding. The Empress will have my full experiences and knowledge at her disposal moving forward, and while the road ahead may trend uphill, Rokkenjima has never balked at the challenge of making the impossible become reality. We've overcome the odds before and, if I were a betting woman, my money would be on our success here yet again. My invitation to the Morelanders remains open, just as well to any other state which wishes to cooperate with the First Empire. It is the firm belief of the Imperial Palace that we can, and we must, do better in our quest to see a better Mundus emerge from the present."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 22, 2023, 11:27:24 PM »

Kōshaku Evanthe Addresses Foreign Remarks

Kōshaku Evanthe offered remarks on statements from both Achkaerin and Neu Uburzis.

"I don't know if the Empress and I read the same proposal, however, there is nothing in the proposal offered by the Empress which demands that any nation"give(s) up their right to defend themselves" or that the proposed Concert "impose(s) by proxy conformity to international treaties that its members may not be signatory to". I have given advice to the Empress on this front, given the confusion we've seen in foreign capitals, and I am pleased to present the results we've reached between ourselves. Anyone would be able to read the first article as one of non-aggression amongst members of the Concert yet, due to misunderstandings in foreign capitals, the first article will read as follows to ensure no such misunderstandings may take place in the future."

The parties pledge to the establishment of an understanding of non-aggression between members of the Concert except in the event of a coup or revolution which usurps the authority of a legitimate government which is Party to this Treaty.

"Furthermore, as the Empress has assumed that the proposal "impose(s) by proxy conformity to international treaties that its members may not be signatory to" I can state that it is the policy of the Empress to recognize the Abrahamic Declaration as being equivalent to the MCUR in terms of scope and subject; as I know of no other areas where we have conflicting treaties on one subject matter I must conclude that this is where the Empress has drawn her conclusions there, and I am happy to dismiss them. Furthermore," the Kōshaku  continued, "while the Achkaerinese have offered arguments that can be countered through discourse and deliberation, our friends in Neu Uburzis seem to find themselves content in stating the Treaty is "equally naive and imposing, thus should have been a school essay and not an international proposition." I don't know how education works there exactly, but I remember in my own schooling having to cite sources, methods to reaching the conclusions I did under my understanding, and they've failed on both fronts here; if you wish to resort to unleashing high-school level insults against the Empress I'd advise our friends in Neu Uburzis to, borrowing the terms they've adopted for this diplomatic engagement, to at least do their homework. If I were the teacher of Neu Uburzis I'd ask them to cite their differences, then cite their sources, and then present independent thinking on the matter before simply deploying high-school level insults in official communications from the Office of their Prince Regent; such a level of oversight is almost embarassing."

"In addition," the Kōshaku added, "I've advised the Empress to ignore any advice offered by the Prince. It is, quite simply, rubbish and should be treated as such. Might I add," she said, assuming a juvenile tone of voice, "I hope Princess Sophia wisens up, and takes herself out of the running to be Empress because, girl, that's a dumpster fire broadcasting all of its red flags. Run away, my girl, and don't dare look back."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 28, 2023, 01:29:23 AM »

Socialist Lawmaker Makes Case For Monarcho-Socialism

Okawa Kasumi, a member of the House of Commons, shared her views on what she's dubbing "monarcho-socialism".

Okawa Kasumi, who was sent to the House of Commons in the recent election, shared her views on how the First Empire could adopt further reforms to address the challenges facing the First Empire. Her remarks on the floor of the House of Commons follow in full.

"Rokkenjima is a proud and prosperous nation, yet it also faces many challenges in the common era. Following the Anselmo Restoration we rebuilt our nation, reclaiming it from the Republicans and transforming into a beacon for self-determination, not just at home but across the whole of Mundus. Rokkenjiman initiatives saw an expansive and ambitious diplomatic apparatus which was many cornerstone international treaties and institutions come into existence, yet we saw with the internal efforts against our Empress, Saisei, a weakening of Rokkenjima and increasing difficulties abroad. We’ve yet to properly address the wounds inflicted by those within our Empire, and while the efforts of the Vicegerent go a long way toward enshrining Rokkenjima as the city on the hill, there is more which can, and must, be done to truly realize the vision of the Saisei Empress.

I believe to overcome these challenges we need a political system that can balance the interests of the People and the State while preserving our national identity and sovereignty. The building blocks for such a system are already in place; the history of our Empress as a “collective mother” of the Empire, a democracy which grows stronger by the day, and a track record of the Saisei Empress and the present Empress of acting as protectors of her People; these all lead me to proposing a new paradigm: Monarcho-Socialism, a unique blend of constitutional monarchy and democratic socialism.

Now the idea here is not new; in fact, as I’ve pointed out, it has deep albeit informal roots in our history and culture. It was the cooperation between Chrysanthemum Throne and the Socialists that saw us stem our losses in the Great Patriotic War, ensuring that a “seed” survived that conflict to see the eventual restoration of sovereign rule over Rokkenjima. That war, and the success we saw in the Anselmo Restoration, forged a strong, unbreakable bond between the Empress and the People and proved the values of solidarity as well as the maternal instincts of the greatest Matriarch of our era.

While Teikokutō swept our most recent elections no one can doubt that the socialist movement in Rokkenjima has seen a rebound, especially amongst younger generations. The Socialist Party, led by Myiamoto Hikari, has been supportive of the Crown in seeking yet stronger egalitarian and democratic tendencies by Chrysanthemum Throne, with a strong emphasis on social welfare, environmental protection, and being a supportive voice for the right to self-determination and human rights across Mundus. The Socialist Party has also called for “a path of evolution” for the economic and political systems, ensuring that the Rokkenjiman economy and the Imperial Government works steadfast for every Rokkenjiman, starting with those most poor amongst us.

Monarcho-Socialism would combine the best elements of our beloved monarchy with the best aspects of socialism and create a balance between tradition and progress, stability and change, authority and democracy. We shall see the Empress act as a mediator, a guardian and a moral leader, representing the unity and identity of our Empire whilst the Socialist Party would work to implement policies and programs based on the wills and interests of the People; wills and interests I would note align with the historic policy trends of the present Empress and those who preceded her. Naturally the Socialist Party would respect and protect the rights and dignity of the Empress, and acknowledge proudly the historic and cultural significance she commands not only as Empress, but as one we are pleased to call a comrade.

This path is best suited for the specific conditions and challenges presently before Rokkenjima and could be an inspirational model for other countries in the world, especially those that struggle with problems of inequality. As a past Grand Maester said of what is expected of the Empress:

The happiness of her subjects is where the Empress shall find her truest happiness. It is in their welfare that hers is also found.

Monarcho-Socialism would see the Empress rule as she was intended to: as the People’s Monarch; not as a monarch in which the Empress stands overlooking us from the vantage point of some high castle but one who dwells amongst us, her loyal subjects. This, thus, is not any kind of overthrow but the natural evolution of the Crown toward uplifting all around her, recognizing fully that Chrysanthemum Throne is one fully in the service of the People. Thank you."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 14, 2024, 10:18:42 PM »

Kusan Tests Two New Missiles

The tests of the Harbinger 5 and Harbinger 6 missiles place the vast majority of Rokkenjima, and Daitōjin territory, within the reach of Kusanese missiles.

Imperial High Command has monitored two tests of Kusanese missiles fired during tests held midday Sunday by Kusan which point to "a significant advancement in the capabilities of the Kusanese People's Army Strategic Force since their last display with the Harbinger 4 in 2019. In the tests we detected today which saw the debuts of the Harbinger 5 and 6 missiles, respectively, Imperial High Command is confident that Kusan now holds the capability to strike a majority of Rokkenjiman territory with its Harbinger 6 missile. With that being said, however, Imperial High Command is confident in the capabilities of our defensive systems, both land-based and naval-based, to intercept Kusanese missiles before they become a threat to Rokkenjiman lives and territory. With two successful tests of Rokkenjiman systems striking a missile outside of the atmosphere of Mundus we've ran the drills, we've made the preparations for this day, and IHC believes that Rokkenjima is just as secure today as it was yesterday," an IHC spokesperson shared with the RBC.

Reactions from the Imperial Palace have been likewise confident in Rokkenjima's defensive posture. "Having the capability to do something and having the capability to do something successfully are two vastly different things. While the Kusanese have long pursued an unnecessarily aggressive posture towards the First Empire we do not believe that Kusan would be willing, or even capable, of rising to the consequences the launch of such a missile against either the First Empire or the Empire would naturally necessitate. Let us not forget the capacity of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy to field over 460 Tomahawk missiles via the Sovereign Class submarine alone. This is a capacity which could be deployed without even putting our submarines within harm's reach, thus while the Imperial Palace notes this development we've work to do for the Rokkenjiman People and won't waste more time commenting on the rattling of sabres."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 25, 2024, 10:07:03 PM »

Top 10 Held Soundly By Domestic Artists

Domestic artists soundly locked in the top 10, with a "trifecta" topping the charts for the first time..

Rokkenjiman artists saw dominance of the Rokkenjima Top 100, with Queens of the Stone Age finding themselves displaced from the number one spot after 31 weeks and 6 days in the pole position. In Times New Roman became the album of the summer, and then the fall and winter which followed. However, with renewed rounds of touring Babymetal retook the number one position, a position it has traditionally dominated. Joining Babymetal in the top 3, HANABIE. and NEMOPHILA represent a first in modern times with the top 3 being dominated by all women ensembles. Also of note is the continued strength of metal and rock in Rokkenjiman musical preferences.

BAND-MAID, which rounds out the top 5, is set to embark upon a tour alongside the top 3 in the upcoming "Cool Rokkenjima: 2024 World Tour". They are set to be joined by Ningen Isu, YOASOBI, The Pillows, RADIO FISH, Queens of the Stone Age and Ghost. Dates for the tour have yet to be announced, however, it is expected to be taking place during the first half of May.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 26, 2024, 10:17:08 PM »

Nuclear Material In Dirty Bomb Sourced From Kusan

Ri Sang-Hee has much to answer for with the findings of the Imperial Naval Intelligence Service.

The nuclear material involved in the attack upon Pyrettania has been sourced to Kusan following intensive investigations by the Imperial Rokkenjiman Naval Intelligence Service. "Kusan is known to utilize poorly enriched fuel in its reactors," INIS Director Tamaki Kado began in his press briefing, "and the fuel utilized in the dirty bombing of Pyrettania is, as you may have guessed, poorly enriched fuiel. To our knowledge no current power utilizing nuclear energy uses this particular fuel for its reactors, so fingers have quickly found their way toward the Kusanese naturally. Rokkenjima is taking all measures into consideration and it is not outside the realm of possibility that we will consider a proportional response in regard to these new findings. We were attacked by the PAFK, yet the ammunition was provided by the Kusanese, thus they are complicit in this act of terrorism. Rokkenjima will see that they receive their just reward for this action," he concluded his remarks.

Imperial Rokkenjiman media reported an increased presence of Rokkenjiman vessels in the Krimeon, with many expecting retaliatory options from Rokkenjima being conducted in the coming hours. Thus far, from our sources, nothing is off the table in the options Rokkenjima is considering in response to this information. Sources within the IRN state that air, naval and landing forces will be involved however, this reporting is unconfirmed from official sources. The Second Kusanese War may be an inevitability at this point.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 29, 2024, 12:51:46 AM »

"Stand Down Now" Empress Orders

The Empress has ordered Rokkenjiman forces to "stand down and withdraw" and allow "the Kusanese (in their) actions in response to the allegations to speak for them."

The Empress has ordered all Rokkenjiman forces to "cease and desist, stand down, do not launch any attacks in my name," as intelligence seemingly points to Kusan providing nuclear materials to Kalasin rebels. "I will not be the woman who sees forth the authorization of a war which will see countless young men and women cast their lives into the pits of death," the Empress said in a release from Pyrenna Castle, "nor will I accept initial reports as fact. That is what we have, initial reports, and I will do what none before me have done, extend a branch of trust to Respected Comrade Ri Sang-Hee. I ask her, here and today, if she is of no threat to Rokkenjima to ground her aircraft, to agree to a joint investigation into this latest incident as it is clear some within her government desire open conflict between our states, and to enter into a state of trust with me so we may bring the misunderstandings between our Peoples and Nations to an end. We cannot continue to go forth like this, it will soon burn both of us. Will you take my hand in trust towards that peaceful future you said you desire?"

While there was a ten minute delay in our communications, owing to weather, the Empress reiterated her orders forcefully. "If any agent of the First Empire fires upon Kusan it shall do so without the consent of Chrysanthemum Throne, period, simple as that. I, as Empress, am taking my prerogative to show leniency in the belief that mistakes have been made, and we should not irrationally lash out at the first sign of provocation. Am I taking a risk here? Sure, sure I am, if we forget the many layers of missile defense the First Empire has built up. I've heard the pleas of Ri Sang-Hee, she says she is an innocent woman, that the state she leads is innocent; I will allow her the time to prove that both are in fact true. Our forces will remain at a ready state to deliver a proportional response, however, I will not fire the first shot in this war. Ri Sang-Hee, you have 72 hours to clear your name, and may we both be able to meet our predecessors in the life that follows with our honour, compassion and dignity in tact."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 30, 2024, 12:39:30 AM »

Princess of Estvua Resurfaces After Lengthy Absence

Princess Sophia has departed the First Empire to attend the funeral of Emperor Eikō, conveying the grief and sympathy of the First Empire in his passing.

Princess Sophia departed the First Empire earlier today to attend the funeral of Emperor Eikō, conveying the grief and sympathy of Rokkenjima in these difficult days. "While I have read comments on social media as to why a Princess of Rokkenjima should be there in the first place, and while I recognize some are hung up on the divisions that existed due to the Offdensen Plot I would remind them that those divisions were artificial, and perpetuating them is just what Charles F'kn Offdensen sought to inject into our national politics and civil discourse. Each Rokkenjiman must rise above that and recognize what happened, and not fall for the lies which Offdensen tried to peddle as truth. The Empire is a treaty partner of the First Empire and, as they mourn, so too shall we, because loss is universal to us all and they are not our enemies. I only hope that those who fell to the propaganda efforts of Offdensen break free from the spell of idiocy and recognize the hijacking he employed upon them."

When asked of her opinion on the Kusanese affairs she sighed, "unfortunate, there's so much to unpackage there. While I am glad that we are on a path toward peace there is much more that the Imperial Palace needs to be doing to address concerns across multiple fronts and, when I return home, I'll be doing what I can do to ensure they are properly addressed. In my capacity I enjoy essentially free reign in the affairs of the Grand Duchy, both in the execution of our foreign affairs as well as in several spheres separate from the First Empire. If the PDRK would be willing to trust me to act in an unbiased capacity, I would be willing to facilitate every effort Josai is capable of toward facilitating a lasting and meaningful peace between the First Empire of Rokkenjima and the People's Democratic Republic of Kusan. Let's talk, let's make it happen, I won't hold any prejudice or preconceived notions against you, as I quite simply do not hold them."

Asked of the contest to be Empress of Neu Uburzis Princess Sophia replied curtly. "My duties to my people come first, let the others vie to sit upon his arm in a loveless relationship; meanwhile I have actual duties and responsibilities to attend to, so I quite simply do not have time for that," she said referring to the Emperor Orion.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 09, 2024, 10:01:27 PM »

Empress Saisei Joined By Princess Kyōko At Pyrena Castle

Following a day of reunion for the sisters Empress Saisei and Princess Kyōko took the time to answer a few questions from the RBC.

Following the blizzard which hammered Pyrettania many Rokkenjimans are now enjoying unseasonably high temperatures, with Pyrettania itself seeing a daytime high of 60F (15.5c). This opened the pair to enjoying time in Pyrena's gardens, catching up while looking back on their friendship prior to the revelation. "In many ways we're not so much catching up, but looking back and putting pieces of the puzzle together and saying "well, that makes sense now," to which the Empress shared a grin. It is reported that the pair also enjoyed lunch with the "original 20" Arovium Prefecture Orphans, many of whom are now either graduating college or studying in a variety of fields. "It warms my heart that we may resume our previously annual tradition," the Empress said as she brushed aside a tear, "they were present for my wedding, and I'm proud that they've joined me in my efforts to look after those of the orphanage. In many ways we've created an extended family, and while I may not be present in daily affairs here in Pyrettania my pledge to them, and to the future children of the Ashinxao Prefecture Orphanage, is one I continue to uphold in a personal capacity."

"I have ensured that the expenditures of the Orphanage have been fully covered at no cost to taxpayers, ending years of funding shortfalls which were seen in the twilight days of the Federal Republic. Engaging in a variety of grassroots efforts we've seen donations of food, clothing, toys, educational materials as well as educational opportunities be provided at no cost to them, whilst the Anselmo Opportunity Scholarship provides further educational opportunities to top universities across the First Empire. In some ways, joined with those who were there with me many years ago now, from studies in medicine, law, politics and the arts, I'm so very proud of their accomplishments. They'll always have a friend in Pyrena Castle, and just as I promised, my doors will never be closed to them. I'm humbled they could find a place in their busy lives to come back for a visit, and I am already looking forward to the next."

With the course of events following the departure of the Empress from the Throne, including recent incidents between the First Empire and the Empire, a misstep with the ADSN, renewed tensions with the PRDK and her continued popularity with the Rokkenjiman People the Empress sighed, "I knew we'd get to these questions eventually. It does us little good to cover old ground in respect to the First Empire and the Empire; we saw, perhaps, the greatest attack upon Rokkenjima by a domestic actor in our lifetimes and it is only by the grace of Islyna, a dedication to diplomacy pursued by Empress Sutāraito and indeed a willingness for her to be vulnerable in a way of speaking, which prevented the worst possible outcome from becoming a reality. I am proud of what my daughter has accomplished there just as I am impressed by those cooler minds within the Empire prevailing over the hawks; that of course includes the Emperor who I believe engaged in good-faith when it truly mattered most. Though we're divided by a border, some linguistic differences and a misunderstanding upon who holds the true Chrysanthemum Throne," she paused, "that last one was in jest, you should all know me better by now so calm yourselves, the point is there's more in common than that which differentiates us, and it's in those differences we'll each find inspiration from each other to further understand our unique cultures and continue to ensure East Ardia remains the powerhouse of the Ardian Continent."

"I can only imagine that Empress Sutāraito took too many notes from the pages of my book," she said in reference to the ADSN, "those were however different times and she needs to rule in her own right, make decisions based on the current geopolitical landscape, and make the best decisions on behalf of the Rokkenjiman People and our friends, partners and allies. The word of a Rosari is a precious thing in our faith, it's a currency that's difficult to establish and so easy to diminish, and I trust she's capable of applying that lesson and not repeat such actions in the future. Naturally, I have every faith in her abilities as well as those of Princess Sophia who has a difficult task ahead of her in negotiations with the People's Democratic Republic of Kusan. This is an issue which involves years of history, years of missteps, and it's one that a somewhat outside ear such as hers is capable of resolving. I am encouraged in where we're seeing this next generation leading us, and while there have been missteps along the way, they're resilient enough to learn and quickly correct them."

"As for my continued popularity and a desire for some to see my return to the Throne, I'm reminded of the words of a great friend of mine; "I have however, come to realize there are two types of leaders in Mundus. Those who lead through the dark times, protecting the people and leading them into the light, and those that lead in peace...the leaders that advance a people through diplomacy, science and humanitarianism....I am the leader that you keep in a glass box with a hand lettered sign 'Break In Case Of War'. So what am I to do? A look at history shows that in most cases, when leaders of my kind hang on, they cling to their power ever tighter, crushing what they would protect, strangling what they would nurture." While Joshua classed me amongst the likes of King David, Empress Serenity and others, it's clear that I am more akin to him; it is true that I oversaw the restoration of our sovereignty and restored our standing in the world yet, after that, I lingered on until the point where the inclinations which allowed for those victories, in some ways strangling what we had accomplished. I love you all and am humbled to have your support even to this day, but I would only again sit upon the Throne if it was an absolute necessity and there were no other avenues before us. Let us not fall into the pit of other peoples and civilizations in allowing our nostalgia for the past to kill the present day and, with it our future. Just as I have every faith in women like Empress Sutāraito and Princess Sophia, I ask that you join me in having such faith in them as well."

As our questions were answered the RBC left the pair to enjoy the rest of their day.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 09, 2024, 11:12:43 PM »

Seasoned Lawyer Set To Represent Empress Saisei

Seasoned trial lawyer Kanda Takeo to represent Saisei Empress in her appeal.

Kanda Takeo has answered the call to represent the Saisei Empress in appealing her perjury conviction, one which the Saisei Empress says was "a low point in my personal and professional life." Speaking with the RBC Kanda Takeo said that the conviction stands "upon a false set of alleged facts, none of which takes into account the severe mental and emotional experiences of the Empress at the time. None of us, not you," he said pointing to a random reporter, "you," he pointed to another, "or me can say what would be rational to us if our child was kidnapped, can we? Your child, a life which passed through your womb, is suddenly in danger, and you're expected to be in full control of your mental facilities? You're expected to be fully within command of your actions, words, et cetera? Any parent, myself included, would be thrown into a state of chaos under such circumstances as the Empress faced, and I intend to present that case to see that the wrongful conviction against Empress Saisei is overturned."

The defense has requested that such an appeal does not take place on Achkerinese soil, as there is considerable opposition with Achkaerinese officials to overturn the verdict in the first place. "We feel a trial in another court would render a more fair result in the pursuit of justice we share, as such we suggest a court in either Seaforth of East Moreland. Let the facts of the case reflect the verdict," Takeo summarized before bystanders.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 11, 2024, 11:01:31 PM »

INIS Director Responds To SIS Arrests

Director Tamaki Kado called the case of the Special Imperial Service against INIS agents "weak, baseless and wholly without merit."

"It is disappointing that the Special Imperial Service of the IRAF has been lowered to the status of conducting tit-for-tat arrests against agents of the Imperial Naval Intelligence Service who have conducted themselves only in the service of the Empress in the pursuit of truth," Director Tamaki Kado shared with the RBC on the detainment of INIS agents by the Special Imperial Service. "Already we are seeing a variety of legal manouvers involving the Rokkenjiman Courts to see that those agents unduly placed into custody by the SIS are returned to their families, and I would remind Imperial High Command that their jurisdiction does not supersede that of the Imperial Judicial System. The SIS does not enjoy law enforcement duties over agents of the INIS; however, the INIS does enjoy legal jurisdiction over suspects in our investigations as provided by Rokkenjiman law. I will make this easy for Imperial High Command: they may release those in their custody now, or they may enjoy the due reward of legal sanctions by the Supreme Court of Judicature for their illegitimate actions which are weak, baseless and wholly without merit."

"Failing that," the Director continued, "the INIS is prepared and ready at a moment's notice to take additional punitive measures against Imperial High Command, including the SIS itself, which would be humiliating for those institutions to suffer. You may release them now and avoid those repercussions or persist and enjoy the self-inflicted rewards of your folly in these ill-advised actions against the INIS. I have set a deadline for their release for tomorrow, 4 PM AST, before these actions are enacted. I await your compliance prior to that deadline."

When asked of those detained by the SIS Director Kado said "many are not even connected to operations which the SIS claims they are attached to; this is purely a vindictive operation of the SIS to undermine the INIS's duty to protect the interests of the Imperial Family and the Empire itself which, as you may duly note, is indeed contradictory to their stated mission goals. It is not outside the capabilities or scope of the INIS to enact severe penalties should the SIS refuse our request, up to and including measures against Imperial High Command itself. Rowe may have seen victories on the battlefield against opponents foreign, he will not enjoy such victories against the INIS. We've already secured the support of his protege, a certain Rear Admiral who has been more than willing to share with us her knowledge of certain affairs. I will leave our question and answer session there, and let it ruminate within the Grand Marshall's skull for a few hours before anticipating he takes the best prescribed action in this situation: release them, or face consequences he knows will be debilitating wholly. Thank you for your time."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 13, 2024, 10:36:22 PM »

INIS Conducts Operation Against Camp Taryō

"Following a failure for Imperial High Command to act, we have acted with the full sanction of the Courts."

The Imperial Naval Intelligence Service conducted an operation, with support from elements of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy, which effected the return of 12 individuals detained by the SIS as well as the arrest of SIS Commander, Shima Kijuro. "Following a failure for Imperial High Command to respond adequately to the demands I laid before them, and with the full sanction of the Courts, the INIS conducted an operation against Camp Taryō where our agents were being held. Supporting our operation were the Megitsune and her Carrier Group, including a detachment of Special Naval Landing Forces. At this hour, Camp Taryō remains under the control of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy and will continue to do so until a full and complete investigation of events at the Camp are established in an official investigation. As these operations have been undertaken under the prerogative of Chrysanthemum Throne, Imperial High Command has no authority over the units involved. As the individual trusted by Chrysanthemum Throne to direct this operation, I strongly encourage Imperial High Command and the SIS to cease and desist in any operations designed to interfere in the investigations of the INIS, or further punitive actions will be suffered by you."

A spokesperson from Imperial High Command called the operation "highly unusual and largely disappointing" and warned that "furthering down this paths risks rupturing ties between the various branches in the service of the Empress. All legal options and remedies are being considered in regards to the arrest of Commander Shima Kijuro, while Grand Marshal Rowe has requested an immediate meeting with the Empress to discuss this concerning turn of events. This is not the end of this affair, and we will seek all justices deserving for IHC and the SIS in this unnecessary action."

Returning questions from the RBC Princess Sophia, Grand Duchess of Josai, said that "the Duchy will limit its comments on operations of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Armed Forces, or those of the INIS. I must note that Director Kado acted with the sanction of the Supreme Court of Judicature, which allowed this operation to commence in the first place, and I place my trust in the Courts to render fair and impartial rulings. The Duchy will also be looking into activities at Camp Taryō, and we request the full and transparent cooperation of the INIS toward those ends." Director Kado has indicated that such cooperation would be rendered, stating that the INIS "has nothing to hide, unlike a select basket of rotting apples within the Imperial Rokkenjiman Army and their patrons at Imperial High Command."

Grand Marshal Rowe, currently in transit to Pyrettania, said that he "expected answers from the Empress as to how this operation was allowed to proceed without his knowledge or authorization. Imperial High Command stands as the supreme body of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Armed Forces, a status which has seemingly been undermined by Chrysanthemum Throne itself as the Director claims "prerogative of the Throne" as a legitimizing aspect to these operations. As I respect the Throne I will not question its authority in public, however, I will personally raise my concerns to the Empress and see that this situation does not spiral out of control."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 18, 2024, 12:46:28 AM »

The Empress Speaks: Competition Shall End

The Empress has shared her displeasure at the "competition" between INIS and IHC.

"It ends today," the Empress proclaimed after declining a meeting with Grand Marshall Alex Rowe. In reports available to the RBC the Grand Marshall spoke with Imperial Liaison Gregory McKenna, who said that the Empress "is not willing to listen to what the Grand Marshall has to say beyond ensuring that he remembers his Oath, the same sentiment has been conveyed to Director Kado," Liaison McKenna said curtly. "It is the expectation of the Empress that the two will work out the issues which exist between their institutions and recognize that, ultimately, their duty is to the Crown and the Rokkenjiman People. At the same time, the Empress recognizes the legal authority granted to INIS to conduct investigations and will not tolerate interference in what is their legal remit, regardless of the source of such interference. She recommends that the Grand Marshall reaches out to the Director to ensure such a display of division never again takes place."

Transitioning away from these domestic matters the Empress stated that the Tour of Good Will, long on pause due to issues she had to personally attend to within the Imperial Family, was looking to be back on track. "I'd like to pick things back up by paying a visit to Aosta, a nation which we share ties with through the ASDN and one I am certainly looking to learn more of. After that visit, Abertone seems to beckon, naturally these are only my desires at this point, it'll depend on their willingness to give berth to United States and to speak with me, and I've some making up with Abertone given our poor showing when it came to intelligence reports regarding Kusan; I won't pass the blame to anyone else, it happened on my watch and, if given the opportunity and audience, I'd like to ensure that our new friends know they may trust in the faith of our word and that my signature does actually mean something. Indeed, few before me have admitted when they were wrong, so I'd welcome the opportunity to personally convey my regret in that circumstance and set forth the path forward in ensuring trust between our governments as we move into the future. A stop in the Khanate would be welcome as well; there was a time when Rokkenjima enjoyed ties with all of her continental neighbours and I'd like to see that be a reality again. Naturally I can't visit all via ocean liner on this initial tour so I'll be looking to talking to those I don't have the opportunity to speak with on this initial run, if you will, at a later date."

When asked of Princess Sophia, who has forgone her place in the present competition as Empress of Neu Uburzis, the Empress rose her hand. "Princess Sophia has chosen to answer the call of duty to Empire over this competition; as a working member of the Imperial Family her duties to the Crown supersede all other pursuits. As the Princess is operating under the authority of the Throne itself her actions are above reproach; I know of the original motives behind her participation and I am today, before you all, dissolving them as I require the services of the Princess in this moment for a much greater purpose. This decision is not to be reversed."

Finally the Empress said she would spend "a week, perhaps two, in East Moreland following my travels abroad. I have several places I'd like to revisit, almost as if to share what I've experienced since I was last there with them, I almost want to retrace my steps from some years ago now  just to show how I've progressed since I was last there. I think it'd do me some good too, the sea just smells different there, it's not something I can explain in words, you know?" she asked rhetorically. And I've some catching up to do there, so there's that," she said with a smile.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 20, 2024, 10:39:35 PM »

BREAKING: Space Shuttle Ensei Suffers Catastrophic Failure After Launch

Space Shuttle Ensei suffered a "catastrophic failure" shortly after launch.

In a mission intended to begin the process of restaffing Space Station Rishiran Dawn, the former Spetsnaz Space Station, Space Shuttle Ensei exploded and broke apart  67 seconds after launch. All ten Rokkenjimans aboard the shuttle are expected to have perished in the disaster, marking the greatest loss of life in ISEA history. The disaster was broadcasted live, including here on the RBC, in what was meant to be a historic moment yet turned into a moment of national mourning. The Empress addressed the nation personally after many hours with the families of the Astronauts. Those lost are as follows:

Maebara Tomiichi
Kogane Shino
Haruta Kenji
Kaiba Yusuke
Fukase Ui
Sakai Ichino
Oishi Ayano
Yasui Hizuru
Ishii Orino
Wakuni Hina

"They represented the best of us," the Empress said to a grieving nation as she personally addressed the tragedy. "Boldly soaring into the heavens above us to forward our understanding of the universe around us, these ten brave souls may be lost to us in this life, but we will ensure that they are never forgotten and, in the afterlife, I am confident we will see them again to share the stories of our successes. I have spent the past several hours with the families of our fallen heroes, many hugs and many tears have been shared over those hours, and the Imperial Government has ensured that the families of the fallen are to be well looked after. Space exploration is dangerous, and every successful launch is not something which can be taken for granted; those who flew aboard Ensei understood the risks involved well, and while this is a most bitter picture to take in given ISEA's history in successfully placing Rokkenjimans into space and bringing them home safely, we all know that one thing, one little aspect, can quickly turn success into tragedy. A full investigation will be conducted, we'll find out what doomed Ensei and her crew to this fate, and we'll act to ensure that this does not happen again. The hearts and prayers of every Rokkenjiman stands with the families of those we've lost, and we'll ensure that their deaths are not in vain."

Answering a question from a reporter the Empress said that this tragedy would not deter Rokkenjima from continuing its exploration of space. "Due caution and consideration of the events will naturally take place, however, this is not the end of our ambitions toward the heavens. These brave pioneers will not be forgotten and, through a detailed investigation we'll be able to see that the chain of events which resulted in this terrible event will be addressed to ensure that future Rokkenjiman pioneers return home safely." ISEA has ordered the Hakken Project to be grounded with immediate effect until that investigation concludes and will fall back to the Akari Program to "complete the mission. We remain confident in the Akari Program and its record of safety, however, there is clearly much more to be done in ensuring the safety of Hakken before its next manned mission," ISEA Director William Nye said to the RBC. "I know that they would want to see us push forward and succeed, and succeed we will, in honour and remembrance for all that they represented, our brightest ambitions and our deepest of passions."

The Empress declined further questions stating "my focus must now be returned to those who have lost mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers. Thank you for your understanding."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 24, 2024, 11:46:40 PM »

Empress Applauds Clysperis

Hailing it as a "success of proactive diplomacy" the Empress has welcomed the changed Clysperi position on Kalasin.

Following a release from the Imperial Rokkenjiman Office of the Press which conveyed a personal message from the Empress to the Pharaoh of Clysperis the Empress has hailed the "success of proactive diplomacy in resolving a potentially difficult diplomatic situation." Whereas prior to the Rokkenjiman release and subsequent interaction between the Empress and the Pharaoh regarding Kalasin the Kingdom of Clysperis sought immediate questioning of the election results Pharaoh Akasha has reassessed her actions and has pledged a variety of aid to the new government in Ranong, including both food and monetary assistance. "This is what we can accomplish through proactive diplomacy," the Empress said in remarks to the First Empire in her weekly address. "It is my understanding that the Clysperi have relented in their initial resistance to the new government and have pledged an aid package which will go a long way to assisting the People of Kalasin in recovering from the wickedness visited upon them; whereas prior to she viewed the situation as yet another rehash of the "conflict" between the Occident and the Orient. This is a win for us all and, most importantly, for Kalasin," the Empress said.

"Hope for a better world is infectious, faith in a better world is infectious, and we've seen what the seeds of hope and faith can accomplish once planted," she continued. "I intend to meet with Minister-President Tai Montri to craft a Rokkenjiman aid package tailor-suited to the needs of Kalasin, to best effect their swift recovery from the horrific ordeal they've suffered. While we cannot do what I am sure every heart in Kalasin desires, the return of their loved ones, the reversal of all the damage wrought, what we can do is look after those who survived and, in that, we respect those who lost their lives in perhaps the only tangible manner we can. History cannot be rewritten, it's there set in stone for all of us to look back upon, but we can ensure that the next chapter is happier than the one which proceeded it, and we can ensure that the events which led us here, today, are not repeated in the future. And, perhaps," she paused, "we do not let the words "never again" mean "until next time."

The Empress also confirmed that a delegation from a prestigious educational facility in Jenka-Jenkinson, Dartfordia, would be joining young Rokkenjimans for the next Youth Diet Session. "So there's this new student body president, Kikyo, who reached out to me and wanted to know if her and her student body would be welcome so naturally I said yes. They may be Darfordians but, by blood, many of them are Rokkenjiman so as we strengthen our democratic processes, I think their presence would be of benefit, both to them and to ourselves. I think we'll all learn at least a bit from each other."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 07, 2024, 09:50:31 PM »

Empress Addresses Abstergo Situation

The Empress weighed in after she was asked of the situation brewing between Abstergo Industries and Mktvartvelo.

With the imposing of Rokkenjiman sanctions upon six firms based in Mktvartvelo the Empress has responded, stating the "situation is unfortunate, but necessary. Abstergo's data processing and storage retention policies have routinely went beyond that which is required by Rokkenjiman law and regulations, so it was quite a surprise to see their policies being drawn into question by those in Mktvartvelo," the Empress said as she sat down with the RBC, holding up her aOS device. "Many companies send a lot of data when they "phone home", so to say, including our voices and other bio-metric data, yet with Abstergo products they've taken the extra step to include a special processor, the SIMP unit, which handles those demands on-device; this means that much of the data other companies would be harvesting Abstergo is either declining to receive at all or, if any data is received, it is in an anonymized manner which cannot tie one single individual to the data by even the most knowledge of Abstergo's engineers. All those silly questions to Lexa I've asked? Abstergo has no way of tying them to me, and they've never received a recording of my voice. We've tested this, with assets in the INIS sniffing every packet of data from my phone to Abstergo's servers, and the privacy policy is followed just as it is stated."

"We experienced the corporatist government of the Federal Republic," the Empress continued, "one which often elected to view corporations as their constituents over the very people of Rokkenjima, so there's a whole hangover involved there that the Imperial Government must keep the worst impulses of capitalism subdued while allowing for innovation to proceed. That drive saw the development of the SIMP chip, which is included in every Abstergo computer and smart phone, a secure enclave that not even Abstergo can access without the consent of the owner of whatever product in question is before them. In addition, Abstergo has seen that the Rokkenjiman standard of opting-in through Informed Consent Prompts has been maintained in foreign markets. This means that, for a consumer in any market to have their data shared with Abstergo they've at least two, concise, prompts to which they must agree to prior to the already limited set of data Abstergo collects to be collected. If I set my VPN to, let's say a location in Mktvartvelo," she continued and then navigated to an Abstergo services website a first prompt appeared on her screen: "Do you agree to share the following information with Abstergo Industries?" with a detailed list of the data requested, with both "yes" and "no" options displayed with equal prominence. When the Empress selected "yes" a second prompt appeared on her screen. "Your consent may be withdrawn at any time of your choosing. The ways in which the data you share may be found at this link and your right to withdraw consent may be found at this link. We encourage you to save both links to ensure your relationship with Abstergo remains fully within your control."

"So, as you have seen yourself, they're rather up front in adhering to Rokkenjiman law, even beyond our borders which is a net win for consumers in any market. The purposes for which data is requested, as well as how it is processed and with whom it is shared, is also limited by Rokkenjiman consumer protection law, and the steps which they take to protect that data meet or exceed every Rokkenjiman metric for protection purposes. These measures are just a few examples of why I did not hold back punitive actions of the Imperial Government against the firms in Mktvartvelo; quite frankly, this could've been solved with a phone call. We'll see what Abstergo does as it pursues actions under the MCUR, however, I remain hopeful that such actions will not be necessary ultimately. However, not even I have seen what's in the "State Security Powers Act of 1974", but I can ensure you that the "Consumer Privacy and Protections Act of 2017" enacted by the Imperial Diet is much more stringent and comprehensive in its demands of companies and their interactions with consumers in the modern economy. I naturally look forward to this silly affair being resolved sooner, rather than later."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 11, 2024, 11:36:19 PM »

Empress Acquires "Land Yacht"

The र1.62m ($3m) "Land Yacht" is set to become a part of the Empress' motorcade.

While the Empress will have to wait to employ the Land Yacht in an official capacity, due to pending modifications by the Defense Solutions Division of Abstergo Industries, the Imperial Palace accepted delivery of the vehicle earlier this week. "While the details of the modifications themselves will naturally not be something we may disclose to the public naturally things like the windows, armour, an upgrade to the stock power plant to increase its top speed, are things that anyone would be capable of assuming. As we've had an extensive hand in developing security and defense platforms for the Imperial Yacht Fleet, it will be our pleasure to ensure the Empress enjoys that level of protection on land as well," a spokesperson for the DSD shared with the RBC.

Kitchen and dining facilities, the later of which the Empress may utilize for meetings with staff.

Featuring 732 square feet of living space the Empress will be capable of having accommodations at hand anywhere she may travel at the standards of Rokkenjiman security, whether it be by land, sea or air. The full cost of the Land Yacht was covered by the Empress herself at no cost to Rokkenjiman taxpayers. "It was important to me that if we took on another vehicle in the Imperial Fleet, it should be done so not at the cost of the Rokkenjiman People. I am naturally looking forward to putting this new, and useful, tool to use once necessary modifications are made."

The Sky Lounge will allow the Empress to entertain guests or enjoy the views around her.

Olympic To Set Sail Next Month

Olympic undergoing sea trials prior to her anticipated voyage to Arendelle, Dartfordia.

IMS Olympic is completing sea trials with "flying colours" according to Blue Star Lines who have put the 114 year old liner through the paces before her voyage to Arendelle, Dartfordia next month. While she has been restored to a period accurate state a number of behind-the-scenes changes have been implemented to ensure the safe operations of the vessel, including the discreet addition of a fire suppression system, wastewater treatment facilities as well as upgraded wiring and navigational equipment, the later of which occupies space in the upper portion of the fourth tunnel. The Empress will be taking part in the voyage, with spots open for guests from across Mundus to take part in the historic voyage to Arendelle. The RBC will bring you more as we approach the Olympic's first voyage in decades.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 12, 2024, 12:55:56 AM »

Evanesence Returns With First Video In Years

Largely popular in the early 2000s, Evanescense has returned to prominence in the Rokkenjiman charts.

From a move out of left field a voice from years ago has knocked the "trifecta" from the Top 10 of the Rokkenjiman charts dropping a new music video which none saw coming. With the release of the video interest in Evanescence has been rekindled across the First Empire, with not only the latest offerings from Evanesence charting but also songs such as 2003's Bring Me To Life and 2006s Sweet Sacrifice finding their way to the top of the charts, in some cases, for the first time in nearly 20 years. While members of the band were unavailable for comment at time of press Red Moon Music representatives stated simply, "It's an iconic sound, and iconic sounds transcend boundaries such as time. So it comes as little surprise to us that on the release of this video that interest in the impressive back catalogue of Evanescence has shown results in the charts."

The RBC has received unofficial footage from a performance at Pyrena Castle which the Empress enjoyed in the previous days, however Pyrena Castle has declined comments on the performance happening. The RBC will bring you the latest as these stories progress.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 16, 2024, 10:56:03 PM »

Attorney For The Crown Breaks Silence On Estranged Wife

"The phone calls with Barren, the week she left Rokkenjima without contact, it all makes sense now. She broke bread with the enemy," the Attorney for the Crown turned from the camera to sob. "My wife, was no longer my wife, but a terrorist sympathizer, her double life was but the icing on the cake."

"She spoke, personally, with Kyle Barren on the behest of the Empress," Attorney for the Crown Lucius Stanley shared with the RBC, "and then she took it a step further, traveling to the "Principality" to meet with him, donning a disguise even to fool our own intelligence services and foreign intelligence services, and as we know he was not killed when she was there, what exactly was she doing there?" Lucius asked. "What secrets did she keep from me, from the Crown or, even worse, keeping no secrets from the Crown? We are estranged," he paused to wipe a tear from his cheek, "strangers, at the present, but I have to wonder who replaced my wife? Who assumed her place and was capable of betraying our bonds as an Empire, and truly our bonds to our East Moreland allies as they were at that time?"

"And also let's not delude ourselves," he said as he produced an image of Lucinda, former High Commander and "Amy Lee", singer of Evanescence, "they're both the same picture, to quote the Office here. Isn't it convenient that Evanescence begins releasing music videos and performances once the Rokkenjiman-Achkaerinese deal is done to see the Empress returned home? Were the Achkaerinese privy to the knowledge that Lucinda Hadley had contacts with Kyle Barren prior to their return of her to our shores? I love my wife but," he paused to wipe his tears again, "I am a man of the law, however, and I cannot ignore treason, nor can I ignore the comforting of terrorists which my wife has found herself in the business of doing. I could provide documents, if the Morelanders desire them, and while my allegiance as a husband previously held my hand, as I'm sure any could understand, even King David himself, I'm tired of burying sins, it is such an intensive labour. I can even show him how the rot extended to Chrysanthemum Throne at the time, should he desire all the details. I'm tired of lying for a woman who doesn't love me, and an Empress-Emerita who is herself equally compromised in consorting with terrorists despite her public remarks. I'll bring the entire house of cards down on them and aid in seeing justice is realized for Barren sympathizers in Pyrenna Castle and the Imperial Palace; just say the word and we're cooking with fire."

The Imperial Palace lambasted the Attorney for the Crown, threatening his very replacement. "The Attorney for the Crown is clearly talented in weaving false narratives in the face of his failing marriage. Chrysanthemum Throne is above reproach in the matters he speaks of and will see that his lies are adequately dispelled, both legally and in the public forum. The Empress is gravely disappointed in his conduct and is already exploring avenues for his replacement."

Beatrice Anselmo