Author Topic: Waddan Media Outlets  (Read 6962 times)

Offline Wadden

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Wadden
Waddan Media Outlets
« on: March 06, 2020, 09:17:08 PM »

SULTAN BEGINS TRIBAL GATHERING OVER "INTERNATIONAL CONNECTION"

Sultan Yahya IV today has confirmed that he has ordered all the tribal chiefs to gather in the capital of Sabhā within the next 7 days. It is understood that the Sultan has been considering the nation's stance on several international conventions such as the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights, Uppsala Convention and various others that some claim are "international standards." The Sultan explained, "It will be my message that the nation will not sign up to these documents. We shall however not stand in the way of any tribe who believe they represent their values. Unlike many nations we do not believe that a one size fits all Mundus exists and I believe documents such as the MCUR are harmful. They seek to provide equality based on purely outcomes, they fail to provide equality by things such as effort, or by contribution. Take for example the parts that consider access to clean water a universal right, for nations like East Moreland with vast lakes, mountain streams and snow capped mountains this is fine. They have water to spare, meanwhile Waddan see water as a much rarer and more valuable commodity. We believe only those who contribute to the tribe should get water, why is it fair those who do nothing for others have an automatic right to leave others with less. These conditions of forcing recognition of certain ways and status' upon people is not equality, it does not treat people as individuals rather it is a globalist agenda for the world to be run according to the needs and wants of the powerful rather than allowing people to make their own way."

The Sultan went on to explain why they didn't need international treaties for Waddan. "You only need someone watching over your every move if you are a problem. No one in Waddan is victimised, no faith outlawed and no evil permitted. As such we are more than capable of policing ourselves." The Sultan will speak with the Chiefs of the 24 other tribes over the course of the week and will permit any Chief who wishes to sign any international treaty they wish. It is expected that the first chiefs will arrive in the next 48 hours.

Offline Wadden

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
Re: Waddan Media Outlets
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 02:47:03 PM »

SULTAN BEGINS TRIBAL GATHERING OVER "INTERNATIONAL CONNECTION"

It is through facilities similar to that in our headline picture that the vast majority of Waddanites access water. While in towns and cities across Mundus millions may simply turn on a tap and enjoy the luxury of clear fresh water such a privilege does not exist in Waddan. In many cases old wells that have sustained the people for hundreds of years are vital to the existence of human life, in towns and cities we have hand powered water pumps that are still heavily utilised. With this in mind it has been seen over the last week or so that nations across Mundus have spoken harshly out against Waddan for comments made by the Sultan  in which he refuted the "fact" that water is a human right, this has since seen him gain support from several Midaranyian nations. Speaking out today the Sultan has clarified his viewpoint. "A human right is something we are naturally gifted with from the divine, a right to exist, a right to have children, a right to have a family. These are things that most major faiths teach us are given to us by a divine being of some sort. Water however was not, water was locked underground and man must work for it. We must dig wells, we must lay pipes, we must work. What right do we have to say a man must work for the good of others when the person they work for does not reciprocate this effort. Water therefore is not a right, it is a resource. We do not say humans have a right to oil, a right to gas. While nations around Mundus may have forgotten their connections to the land we do not. While they grow lazy and fat in their homes our people still eek out an existance in the desert. If we rewind history 200 years ago, would a man be given food simply because they exist? Would they be given water simply because they exist? We imagine that just because technology exists it should rule the way we live our lives, this is nonsense. Look at the damage that nations like Achkaerin have done to the planet, spending centuries pouring poison gasses into our environment, shortening the lives of people all over Mundus through damage to the ozone layer or heating up our planet. The people of Waddan have not done these things, yet we suffer. Achkaerin elected to turn its back on its ancient ways of life and the planet is worse off for it. Meanwhile we have stuck true to the ways our ancestors and folk religions have taught and we have done nothing to be ashamed of to destroy this planet. I therefore will not be lectured to be planet destroying monsters about what acceptable treatment of humans is. Achkaerin, Tytor and the many nations of Mundus have taken steps to actively shorten the lives of all on Mundus yet now feel at liberty to tell us, possibly the most environmentally friendly nation on Mundus how to live by their values. They should hang their heads in shame at the Mundus they have created."

The Sultan is currently visiting Djerb.

Offline Wadden

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 11:26:21 PM »

BANU HANIFA TRIBE TO SEND MILITIA NORTH

Emir Rahman has today issued orders for the militia of his Banu Hanifa tribe to move towards the border with Clysperis. The law enables each of the tribes to maintain a military force of no more than 2,500 men and have them carry out duties on land under the control of their tribe. In this case the Ban Hanifa control much of the territory along the border with Clysperis for the next two months having assumed control of the land yesterday. Emir Rahman has six months left in his position as what is seen as the 2nd most powerful man in the nation and the fact he has moved his militia to the border is certain to make other tribes consider mobilizing their own forces. The main reason for this mobilisation is because of the growing threat of illegal crossings of the border according to the Emir's nephew and militia leader Tabriz Rafamani who told us, "Our nation is physically much larger than Clysperis but we are a small nation in terms of people and permanent settlements. There is no way we are equipped to handle people just walking across the border and heading towards urban centres. Our urban centres will soon be overrun and are not designed for the way of life these people want. We shall therefore be making efforts to halt them at the border and keep them there. If need be under my cousin's protection. Once our tribe begins its move south and the Anazzah move into the very North it will be for them to determine what action to take. We however are not going to leave them a town with no food, overcrowded homes or too high a demand for water." It was later revealed that Emir Rahman is to meet with the Sultan on his return from Tamora and seek additional manpower either through raising a levy among the Banu Hanifa or being able to supplement his own militia with the Sultan's Military.

Other tribes have called for harsher measures. One example being the Abd al-Qays tribe whom have stated they would not permit anyone to cross the border. "Our lands are a delicate balance on numbers of people. We have become masters at predicted and managing the relationship between ourselves and the land because much of what happens is dictated by patterns. What we see now however is an unknown variable and this can cause chaos. We must avoid chaos and if that means shooting those who try and take our resources then that is what we must do. The desert does not provide a bounty for all." It is expected that once the Sultan has returned from abroad he will summon the tribal leaders to the capital for a more in depth briefing and naturally to return to them their hostages as is tradition.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 11:32:59 PM by Wadden »

Offline Wadden

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 10:05:49 PM »

COBALT MINE TO EXPAND

The Banu Qays tribal chief, Tahmid El-Mofty, has today confirmed that his tribe will expand their Cobalt mine in the central plateau region. The mine complex run by the tribe currently employs 40 members of the tribe full time as well as utilising around 40 seasonal workers and 300 slaves purchased from the Humaydah tribe. Chief Tahmid today confirmed that the tribe intend to expand the mine by purchasing around 200 more slaves. It is expected that this will increase the output of the mine by around 30%. The Sultan has said that he is pleased to see the announcement as he hopes to see more variety in the nations industry. Chief Tahmid has explained, "We have spoken with the Sultan to expand our mining operation. He has gracefully given us permission and we will look to ensure we can increase output quickly. It will be our intention to use the extra revenue to provide all our tribe with access to health care all year round." Currently the tribes non settled element are in the coastal region however the Chief is expected to visit the mine in the next week or so to check on progress.

The news is likely to also be a boost to the Humaydah tribe who have being purchasing criminals from many of the other tribes. These criminals are then sold to the various other tribes as slaves as Waddan possesses no formal prisons. The Humaydah are the only tribe to deal in slaves and they have agreed to acquire the 200 new slaves for the mine. It is also reported that the Humaydah tribe have also discovered some rare metals in their tribal lands and intend to establish their own mine in the coming weeks.

Offline Wadden

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 12:19:00 PM »

PRINCE ADNAN TO HEAD "FOREIGN ENGAGEMENT COUNCIL"

His Majesty Sultan Yahya IV has today named his 11th child, Prince Adnan, to lead a new organisation which is to be named the Foreign Engagement Council". While the Prince is one of the youngest of the Sultan's children with his wives he is one of the few royals with a formal education including time spent outside the nation. The 39 year old Prince was educated between the ages of 12-16 in Ipsus before marrying his 1st wife Princess Shamina with whom he has a son and daughter. He was also the first member of the royal family to gain a degree from the nations only University run by the Nammir ibn Qasit tribe. He graduated at the age of 21 with a degree in Parthian and Theology. Since his graduation he has spent the last 18 years as a Marshall of one the bands that make up the Talafha tribe. The Sultan made the announcement saying, "Several of our tribes have, with my permission, visited our neighbours in Royal Seleucid and Tamora. I think more and more of our people will wish to take similar steps. I will, so long as the forms of tradition are upheld, not stand in the way. What must be done however is not muddy the waters between tribes. As such my beloved Adnan will seek to co-ordinate such efforts. He will stand as a guardian over which nations, companies, organisations and indviduals may have diplomatic or business contacts with our nations tribes while at the same time supporting tribes to visit other nations."

Prince Adnan described his time in Ipsus as "eye opening. It was a time of great wonderment at the difference between our nations. It taught me much that Waddan couldn't but it also made my heart fonder of what I was missing here. There is no doubt as we engage more with neighbours the way we work must change. We must protect ourselves from radical influences but engage with the world." The Prince has stated that he will be discussing with each tribe providing a representative to his new body. He has also stated that he will be looking to expand the nations single University beyond just providing degrees in Law, Parthian, Theology and Medicine.

Offline Wadden

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 09:34:00 PM »

7 DEAD IN LAND DISPUTE

Reports reached the capital today that there have been clashes over land in the South of the country. It has yet to be confirmed however it is believed that members of the Taghlib ibn Wa'il Tribe arrived at a site they believed was to be at their disposal at the Awbri Oasis and discovered that the Banu Yashkur tribe was still there despite having loss claim to the land a day earlier meaning that they should have left the site for the next tribe. A independent merchant who was utilising the oasis as the time said he heard arguing and then saw a man staggering from being stabbed. Soon after there was gunshots exchanged and screaming while the eye witness took shelter behind rocks. When he emerged he reports that 3 members of the Banu Yashkur were dead and four members of the Taghlib ibn Wa'il tribes advanced party were dead. He also confirmed that it was Chief Bahadur Sultan, the Duke of Rajmi who halted the violence by pulling his tribesman back and standing between the two groups.

The Sultan has now sent his military to the region and they have arrested several people from each tribe. The Sultan will announce measures taken regarding the situation tomorrow.

Offline Wadden

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 03:12:29 PM »

A LITTLE LESS ISOLATION

It has been confirmed today that Chief Tarik Karimi of the Banu Lakhm tribe has returned from Royal Seleucid having conducted, with the approval, of the Sultan a series of talks that potentially look likely to end Waddan's isolation. While the final details of the meeting have yet to be released Prince Jamshaid, a middle son of the Sultan, explained that the Sultan is pleased with the result. "My father is thrilled about the work of Chief Karimi. He has naturally worked hard to put in place measures that will help the Banu Lakhm tribe but he has also put the future of Waddan at the forefront of his actions. He has laid a solid cornerstone upon which the next generations of Waddan can build." The Prince confirmed though that any day now they expect Chief Yasin Najm of the Humaydah Tribe to return from Tamora where he has been holding talks with the Emperor of that nation. "If Chief Yasin has been half as successful as Chief Karimi I am excited about the future we can have.

Chief Karimi was spotted landing on the capitals highway in a light aircraft where he was reunited with his horse which was kept in the royal stables during the Chief's mission. The Chief spoke as he left the capital to return home to his tribal lands and said "My daughter is soon to begin training at the home of our Anahitaism faith. She will be the first Waddanite born Priestess to recieve this level of training. We must look to secure our faith and she will do this. Soon I will also be able to welcome a young Priestess from Royal Seleucid who will take us forward in faith until my daughter is educated to a level we need. The King of Royal Seleucid was very generous and has agreed to help us build a number of projects including a business connection centre that shall be called Waddan Blue. "

The Sultan later in the day decreed that he is making Chief Karimi one of the Lords of the Dark Robe which is a small group of ceremonial nobles who would traditionally ride into battle with the Sultan. Their numbers are limited to 20 men and currently the Sultan only has 15. The Sultan later in the day announced, " Chief Karimi is one of a handful of Chiefs who are helping lead Waddan to a brighter future. He has secured many arrangements. We shall have a business prescence soon in Royal Seleucid and they shall be looking to trade here through a new construction project. From this day forward no fees will be placed on goods entering Waddan from Royal Seleucid. The manner of respect shown to a Chief by the King of Royal Seleucid shows that no payment of a tribute to myself need be made for a friends products to be on our soil as enough respect between our people already exists. I have commanded all tribes to either remove or reduce their own payment demands as well and expect complience in the coming days. Finally we must prepare our nation for honoured guests as once various matters align High Priestess Raniya Attar of the Anihatism faith will be visiting us as will King Heydar once a different project has been carried out. These are exicting times for our people."

It is expected the Sultan may be able to make more announcements of international co-operation in the coming days once Chief Yasin returns from Tamora.

Offline Wadden

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2020, 08:54:26 PM »

NATION GETS FIRST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

Following earlier international diplomatic efforts the nation now has its first airport of international travel. The new airport is 15km outside of Sabhā and was opened by Sultan Yahya IV. At the opening ceremony one of the nations C-26 cargo planes became the first aircraft to land at the facility. Previously the nations leaders visiting abroad have utilised light aircraft taking off from the Sabhā Highway having had traffic stopped to facilitate the use of the dual carriageway as a airstrip. Meanwhile the Air Force's sole airfield has long been in need of repair. The Sultan stated as he opened the airport "Waddan is a nation that has much to offer our friends but we have always had one problem and that is getting to them or allowing them to come here. Previously to reach Waddan was no easy task and those of you who have made the effort in the past I have a massive amount of respect for. The journey here can now be done quickly and in comfort." The Sultan unveiled a plaque at the entrance to the airports single terminal naming the Airport the Friendship International Airport and giving thanks to "our neighbours and brothers in Tamora and Royal Seleucid." The cost of the airport development was not confirmed by the Sultan however he did confirm that the "vast majority" of the funding had come from those two nations. It is understood that in return for the support in building the airport Seleucid and Tamoran airlines will be given priority for routes utilising the airport.

The Sultan has also confirmed that for the next three months the air-force would be utilising sections of the airport as the nations Air-Force base is being repaired.

Offline Wadden

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2020, 10:05:22 PM »

SULTAN ISSUES LAND DECREE

Sultan Yahya IV has today issued only the 2nd ever Land Decree in the history of the Unified Tribes of Waddan. By law land is distributed in the territories of the Unified Tribes according to two systems. The first system is the Tribal Settlements, these are towns and villages which are entitled to use land around them all year around. The second system is known as the Book of Tribes and is essentially a rota which allocates non Tribal Settlement land to tribes for a few weeks at a time allowing them to effectively move their herds of livestock around the nation in a fair and equitable way. It appears that one or more tribes have indicated that they are going to break the rules established by the Book of Tribes. The Sultan's military staff have refused to publically state the number of tribes or the identities of those who are in breach of the Book however it has lead to the Sultan issuing a decree for action. In the decree the Sultan has issued commands that all individuals must be either on land allocated to them by the Tribal Settlements of the Book of Tribes by the coming Sunday. Any individual found in breach of the this is to be taken under military guard to either of these areas and if they refuse the military are entitled to use force to either make them or arrest them.

The Sultan's eldest son,  Prince Baki, spoke to the press to say, "Our nations Air Force has mapped several areas of concern following reports from the desert of tribes refusing to comply with the Book of Tribes. The good and orderly transfer of land from one tribe to the other has been vital for maintaining law and order for centuries and now we stand on the verge of anarchy if people do not follow my father's decree. This will not be allowed and rest assured our military stand ready to enforce the will of the Sultan."

The only other time a Land Decree was issued was during the Great Draught of 1971 when it was necessary to amend the Book of tribes slightly. So far it has been confirmed several tribes have been fighting in the desert but no details of the number of casualties or tribes involved have been released.

Offline Wadden

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2020, 11:25:49 PM »

TRIBES PREPARE FOR LAND DECREE DEADLINE

Tribes across the nation have begun making their way towards tribal settlements and land allocated to them in readiness for the approaching deadline for inpsections by the Sultan's military forces. There have been reports and rumours of some as of yet unconfirmed tribes denying others their land rights as laid out by the Book of Tribes and this has lead the Sultan to intervene. The news has seen large scale movements by some of the tribes as they have headed towards their handful of settlements in order to ensure their safety. Chief Yasin Najm of the Humaydah tribe is one such individual as he has moved his group to their Tribal centre at Shikbu. Chief Yasin explained the importance of complying. "Life in Waddan relies on good order when it comes to land. We are not sure what has been happening but the Sultan would not issue such a Decree unless he had good need. It is therefore our duty as loyal followers of the Sultan to ensure that when his soldiers come to call they find us where the laws of the land tell us to be. The fair and equitable traditions of sharing land are vital for our communities."

There have been large scale preparations in the capital of Sabhā by the military in order to begin checks that tribes are where they should be. In addition the Sultan's staff confirmed that a contingent of Royal Seleucid fighter aircraft had been operating alongside Waddan's own Air Force in order to carry out mapping of the various locations.

Offline Wadden

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2020, 11:02:58 PM »

TRIBE DEFY DECREE

It has been announced today that so far only one tribe has defied the Sultan's Decree of Land. The Decree called for all tribes to comply with the Sultan's orders for all members of each tribe to take up residence in either their allocated tribal settlements or land as perscribed by the Book of Tribes. As the deadline came and went members of the Waddan Armed Forces supported by the Royal Seleucid Air Force as observers worked to confirm compliance. It was however sadly observed that Anazzah tribe had denied the Marar tribe, the nations smallest, the use of an allocated oasis. Additionally they had fortified several positions around the oasis area. Both these actions went against the Sultan's instructions. The tensions among tribes has been increased in recent weeks because of the Yellow-Togue virus which has been having a major impact on the livestock tribes rely upon for their trade and also for their day to day survivial.

When it was confirmed that the Anazzah had not complied with the Land Decree the nations Air Force were instructed to bomb their positions. A pair of Waddanite A-6 Haboob bombers attacked the targets successfully guided by a Seleucid F-21 fighter. It was confirmed that the positions they had occupied were now vacant. The Sultan's eldest son, Prince Fadil explained the decision saying. "The Sultan gave a lawful instruction to his subjects. If you do not comply with the Sultan's law there are consequences. As such the Chief of the Anazzah is now feeling those consequences. His tribe have felt the wrath of their Sultan and now his own daughter shall be the hostage of the Sultan for the next ten years. She shall come to know him as father while her own pines for her return. This should be a warning to those who oppose the long standing traditions and laws that have created a peaceful Waddan."

It is understood the military are still monitoring other tribes and their locations and therefore other reprisals can not be ruled out.

Offline Wadden

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2021, 10:50:04 PM »

FIRST COBOLT DELIVERIES BEGIN

Chief Yasin Najm of the Humaydah Tribe today announced that his tribes first shipment of Cobolt from their new mines is set to be delivered to Tamora. A total of two tonnes of the blue coloured metal is expected to be transported to Tamora in accordance with an agreement reached between the Humaydah tribe and the government of Tamora. The metal is used The shipment is worth around  $420,000 and it is expected that some kind of trade for goods or services will have been agreed. The details of the exact deal however are not publically known.

The shipment is the first from the Humaydah's new mine on their tribal land. Estimates have so far claimed that a total of 22 tonnes of Cobolt will be mined by the tribe this year giving them a total income of around $4.6million. Chief Yasin Najm has explained that he will be using the finances to try and improve the standard of living on the land the tribe hold all year round as well as further improvements to the tribes mining networks. The Chief has also indicated that he intends to construct on their tribal lands a new Manist Temple. The Chief explained "We have a temple fit for about a hundred people. Our tribe is small and I dream of perhaps one day having a Temple big enough for all of us to fit. For now though we shall settle for one for maybe a 1000 people and as our tribe grows, or as people convert to the Manist faith we'll just keep adding."

The next batches of Cobolt will be sold on the open market and experts predict that the price may in fact be much higher. One prime customer may be the Gigafactory operated by Royal Seleucid and Tamora as Cobolt is a key ingredient in electric batteries.

Offline Wadden

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2021, 12:43:31 PM »

WADDEN BLUE OPENS

Located 3km to the west of Sabhā the new trade, education and cultural centre known as Wadden Blue has opened. The Centre is modelled on a similar principle to the Blue project in Royal Seleucid and was funded by King Heydar. The modern archetecure has drawn criticism from some but each of the different tribes from across Waddan have been allocated a space within the complex to promote their goods, arrange business transactions and entertain guests. Alongside Waddan space has been allocated for Tamora and Royal Seleucid with more space avaliable for other nations wishing to take part. Currently it is understood that Lijiang, having been given notification their first shipment of  metals is nearing completion, are to be offered a part of the complex. This would make them the first non-Midaranye nation to feature here.

The project was opened by the Sultan who visited each of the different tribes during his visit. Sultan Yahya IV said following his visit. "For us it is becoming important to have a place where rather than just the exchange of physical items for trade can take place we need somewhere larger deals can be investigated and completed. We are thankful that Royal Seleucid have supported this project. They will also provide administrative support to our tribes to help them access the world markets."

Alongside the trade element of the centre an educational suite has been included. This will use Tamoran and Seleucid advisers to teach about matters of international trade, economics and even advice about dealing with foreign cultures. A small theatre and museum are also on the site.

SULTAN TO EQUIP ARMY WITH TANKS

Sultan Yahya IV has today confirmed that he will purchase a small number of tanks for his Royal Forces. Currently each tribe maintains a small military force, usually in the guise of rifleman equipped with self modified four wheel drive vehicles. The Royal Forces maintain a higher standard of technology and heavier equipment but have always relied on the principle of mobility and speed, an idea many believe is a hangover from inter-tribal wars where horses were the primary means of getting into battle. The Sultan has, through a spokesman, announced that he will look to acquire 12 tanks initially. "Following the situation in Elysium and the recent bloodshed in our own desert it is clear that should an Elysium situation ever take place with one of the tribes in Waddan the Royal Forces could struggle. The idea has always been to allow the tribes forces for their day to day security with the Royal Forces intervening when needed and then bringing awe inspiring dominant force. Tanks will help impose that should there ever be a need. Meanwhile they will add to the external security of the nation."

The Sultan is expected to dispatch an envoy to Royal Seleucid and Tamora to investigate where to acquire these tanks.

Offline Wadden

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2021, 08:06:05 PM »

FIRST LIJIANG EXPORT LEAVES

Today from the port of Wanzarik the first shipment of trade to Lijiang has left. The port of Wanzarik was built by the Talafha tribe in the 1940's as they have as tribal land a strip of land across the coast. The Talafha tribe is the native tribe of the Sultan and the port is operated as a private tribal business. It accounts for 100% of the imports to the nation meaning it is highly profitable for the tribe.

The latest shipment is the first in what is hoped will be regular trade shipments between Lijiang and Waddan following a highly successful meeting between the Dragon-Emperor and Sultan a few months back. The talks have been so successful that the Sultan has dispatched a military representative to the Empire of Lijiang to discuss a military trade deal. The Sultan has also confirmed today that he expecting to need to expand the port at Wanzarik in the coming months.

Offline Wadden

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2021, 10:29:56 PM »

SULTAN TAKEN ILL

Sultan Yahya IV has been taken ill and is being cared for by the Royal Physician. The Sultan was out on his daily walk around the walls of the capital city Sabhā when witnesses saw his guards carry him into the rear of a car and drive him straight back to the Palace where he has been ever since. The Palace has not yet stated what is wrong with the 81 year old Sultan who has seemingly been in good health these last few years. Over the last few months the Sultan had been active with his tribal leaders riding through the tribe lands and visiting various Oasis for occasions such as wedding feasts and birth blessings. There had been no concerns regarding the Sultan's long term health and in fact he had just recently concluded successful talks with Lijiang and then seperately with Chistopol and the Theocracy of Kaitaine.

Prince Fadil, the Sultan's eldest son, is currently not in the capital as he has elected to spend the winter months with the Talafha tribe at the Al-Ruhraw oasis. This has lead many to believe that the Sultan's health is not in serious jepeody or the Prince would have come to the capital to ensure a smooth transition of power. Should the Sultan pass it would be Prince Fadil who would oversee the election of the new Sultan however with the Talafha tribe having weaved their connections into several other tribes and with Fadil and his father being seen as popular it is highly likely the title of Sultan will remain once more within the Talafha tribe.

Offline Wadden

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2021, 09:22:17 PM »

SULTAN WAS POISIONED

It was confirmed today by the Sultan's staff that he remains seriously ill and that the cause of his illness was poison. The poison was detected by members of an emergency medical team helping the Sultan from Royal Seleucid. During tests they first discovered the Sultan has lowered liver fucntion and then toxins from the Amanita Phalloides, more commonly called the Death-Cap mushroom, was present in the Sultan's system. The Sultan as a result of ingesting this toxic mushroom remains in a bad condition at his Palace. His staff are currently investigating where the toxins could have come from and have increased security around the Sultan and his family.

As a result of the incident the military have begun increased security in Sabha where everyone entering the capital is being searched and details of identity recorded.

Offline Wadden

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2022, 09:08:14 PM »

PRINCE ATTACKED WHILE ON TOUR

Prince Fadil was today attacked in what is best described as a drive by shooting while visiting several of his tribes watering holes. The Talahla tribe make an annual survey of their tribal watering areas and for the last four years this has been undertaken by Prince Fadil who is the heir to the tribes chiefdom and will likely, because of the Talahla tribes size and influence, be the next Sultan. Thankfully the Prince was unharmed in the attack which so far no one has been arrested for. One of those present during the attack said, "We were measuring the depth of the well here when we heard a truck approaching. This was not to be concerned about as we were expecting someone to come along with a series of tools however at the last moment the vehicle took a sharp right turn and there on the flatbed concealed by the cab on approach was a heavy machine gun which began to fire at our position. Several of our vehicles were hit. The Prince's bodybuard returned fire however it is believed that nobody on the vehicle was hit.

The Prince's bodyguard could not pursue the culprit as there was extensive damage to their vehicles and the group had to wait an estimated thirty minutes until a helicopter from the the closest military base arrived to take the Prince to safety. This is the second attack on the Royal Family in a short time period after the Sultan himself was poisioned. Currently the Sultan is seriously ill and being cared for in his Palace where he is said to be "Critically Ill" however his condition has, according to Seleucid medics who are helping him, "stopped worsening."