Author Topic: Imperial Daitōjin Press Office  (Read 5850 times)

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
Imperial Daitōjin Press Office
« on: April 05, 2020, 10:03:51 PM »
Greetings, fellow citizens! This space has been reserved in the name of Eshai-va Esik I ve Sherkoz (may he reign a thousand years!) by the government and military of the Empire of Ikhvan. From time to time, we shall provide the opinions of various members of the government and military as well as responses to any questions you may have for us. For the time being, however, it is requested that all citizens follow this page until further notice is given. Thank you, and have a safe and productive day.
Press Office of the Empire of Ikhan
Kani Saruk Eshai-va!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 01:24:47 AM by Daitō »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Press release on the state of Eshai-va Arkan I ve Sherkoz
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 02:04:17 AM »

Addressed to the People of the Empire of Ikhvan

Earlier today, while conducting celebrations for the centennial of the Murai Civil War, an assailant by the name of Vrasek Khinas attacked his Imperial Highness, Eshai-va Esik I Vahram ve Sherkoz. The individual, hailing from the city of Sikhet. He is charged with attempted regicide and terrorism. If found guilty, he faces execution, which is likely to be the case due to overwhelming evidence pointing towards it.

As for the Emperor's current status, following his attempted assassination, he was rushed to the nearest hospital, where it was found that, thankfully, the bullets missed any vital organs. It is hoped, therefore, that he will be able to make a full recovery by the end of the month, although he will likely "rule" through his son until the end of the year.

The Imperial Household has issued the following statement regarding the attempted assassination:
 "The coward that dared to make an attempt upon his Imperial Majesty's life must be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and if he is found guilty, he should be made an example of to deter future crimes such as these. Kani Saruk Eshai-va Esik!"

Further updates to this story will follow in the weeks to come.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 02:01:34 AM by Arkan VI ve Sherkoz »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Murai Press Office
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 06:33:13 PM »

Addressed to: The citizens of the Empire of Ikhan.
Today is a momentous occasion, dear citizens. Today, His Imperial Majesty, Eshai-va Esik I Vahram ve Sherkoz has made his first official appearance since the attempt on his life last April. After spending three months in hospital and later recovering at home, he appeared before the Imperial Senate when it convened for the day. He delivered the following statement, after which he presided over the first session since the attempt on his life:
"Though I have faced death in recent months, and though I have been made aware that my assailant was of Avosai origin, I must implore you, Senators, not to pursue retributive action against the Avosai as a people. Only together may we bring about peace and stability across the Empire for which our forefathers have worked so diligently to maintain. Now then, let us begin, and may Ishen preserve and guide us as we work to secure the fatherland."
As it appears that the crisis is coming to an end, you may expect more announcements from our office.
—Press office of the Empire of Ikhan
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 02:01:24 AM by Arkan VI ve Sherkoz »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Statement on the Clysperi-Kopsjense situation
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 07:25:11 PM »

Regarding the ongoing situation in the Northern Sea

[size=11.5pt]It has come to my attention, in recent times, that tensions between the Republic of Kopsje and the Kingdom of Clysperis. While normally, I would not personally involve myself in such matters, I see that such wishes simply cannot be maintained. I would like to start by saying that, while I find the Kopsjense policy regarding the public practice of religion to be exceedingly objectional, in this particular situation, I will not hold it against them.

I will not, however, pretend that I hold any love for the present Clysperi government either. "Pharaoh" Akasha has proven herself to be unpredictable in many cases, after all, and her continued support for Tamora has certainly made this worse than need-be. That, alongside their own escalation to the conflict, must be recognized if peace is to be achieved.

Regardless of this, it is important to note that, though it is my belief that the Clysperi national known as "Hafsah" should've been deported following her assault conviction, it falls on the Clysperi government's shoulders to take the blame for, wittingly or not, escalating the conflict further than necessary. An already tense situation such as this requires restraint and a willingness to negotiate, after all, and not for the saber-rattling of one side or the other. Therefore, it is my deepest wish to see that both powers pursue a diplomatic solution to this ongoing crisis before blood need be shed.

I will, however, say that it is my belief that Kopsje, though misguided in how it initially handled the situation, was certainly within it's rights to arrest Hahfsa for violating the laws of the nation she found herself in. I will not stand for any further violations of one nation's territorial integrity by another, let alone a democracy by an authoritarian state such as Clysperis. It is, nonetheless, my hope that a peaceful resolution may be found.
[/size]—Press office of the Empire of Ikhan

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Ikhani Press Office
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2020, 06:30:49 AM »

Regarding the Crimes of Prime Minister Kaval

There comes a time when one must face a challenge which, though the solution may seem easy, will be fraught with great difficulty. In the last week, we as a nation have collectively been forced to face such a challenge. To face our past, and to accept who we were and are. What Prime Minister Kaval attempted following his removal from power has only been attempted once before since the signing of the Constitution, and never by a Prime Minister, incumbent or otherwise.

I wish to reassure first and foremost my fellow citizens that, though the recent crisis was hard on us all, we have at long last reached the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel, and though threatened, our democratic system has persevered once more. Ashot Kaval will, of course, face trial for his crimes, with the proceedings scheduled to begin within the week. While many hope for a quick trial, myself included, we recognize the need for all, including traitors to the state and the Arashin people, to be afforded the right to due process under the law. While I am not at liberty to say whether he will be convicted, I can say that it is my belief that the prosecution has a strong case against him. Likewise, it is my strongest belief that the court will rule fairly on the trial, regardless of the result, and I am prepared to accept whatever the result may be, for better or for worse.

I would now like to speak to our allies in the Cross-Straits Treaty Organization who have, in the course of the crisis that has rocked Ikhan, shown their support for the legitimate government of Ikhan as elected by the people. For that, I am most grateful, and if the roles were reversed, I know we would do the same. I can assure you that, at present, though we have been shaken, we stand firm and are ready to face whatever threats there may be to our allies and ourselves.

Once again, rest assured knowing that Prime Minister Kaval and his co-conspirators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for their actions.

—Arkan VI, Empire of Ikhan

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 12:59:46 AM »

Regarding the Coronation of the Emperor of Lijiang

It is my wish to, on this day, the twenty-second of December, 2020, formally congratulate the Lijiangian people for enduring the last one-hundred and twenty years without involvement in the Great War and the subsequent conflicts. At the same time, I wish to extend my congratulations to His Imperial Majesty, Tielin II, for his coronation earlier this week. Having myself been enthroned but a few short months ago, it is my hope that the process going forwards will prove smooth and that your reign be long and peaceful.

If, at any time, His Highness wishes to meet with representatives of the Empire of Ikhan, I wish to let you know that our door is open and that we look forwards to our future relationship.

—Arkan VI, Emperor of Ikhan

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2020, 04:32:42 AM »

Regarding the Protests in Kopsje

I would like to begin by saying that, in light of troubling events coming out of the Republic of Kopsje. Too often, we see the right of assembly for the common man trampled under the jackboot of tyranny. Indeed, it can grip even the freest of nations, as it now grips the streets of Kopsje. This, compounded with the continued oppression of Kopsje's religious communities, has led to my administration's decision on how to handle it. But first, I would like to speak to the Kopsjense people themselves. Though we are not able to be there in person, we hear your cry, your call for reform, and your push to make your plight known. Know that, though it may seem tough, we stand by you in mind, body, and spirit.

Nonetheless, it is with a heavy heart that I must announce to you our decision. In light of recent events, including the continued oppression of the religious communities which ultimately violates their freedom of speech which, though Kopsje is not a party nor signatory to, violates the Article 9 of the MCUR and stands in opposition to the core values of the Ikhani state, the failure of Kopsje to respect the rights of their citizens to peacefully assemble, and the detention of foreign nationals without granting them the right to a fair trial under the laws of the land, the Second Empire of Ikhan and her constituent countries of Rusan and Lekhai will formally levy sanctions on the Kopsjense Republic. These sanctions are to take effect tonight at 12:00 AM Ardian Standard Time.

These sanctions will include the following: The Empire of Ikhan will ban the export of all military equipment and supplies which could have use by the Kospjense military. The Empire of Ikhan will also freeze any and all assets belonging to Kopsjense Government and Military personnel held within the Empire of Ikhan, as well as institute a ban on travel to the Kopsjense Republic forthwith. These sanctions will only be lifted when the Kopsjense Republic ceases it's crackdown on protests, reverses it's policy banning public displays of religious affiliation, and ends the detention of foreign nationals without granting them a fair trial. If, however, it fails to take these actions, my administration is prepared to take harsher action to ensure that the rights of the Kopsjense people are upheld.

-Jishek Viras, Prime Minister of Ikhan
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 01:58:16 AM by Arkan VI ve Sherkoz »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2021, 08:06:49 PM »

Promulgation of the 2021 Constitution
Provided below is the full text of the Promulgation of the 2021 Constitution by Emperor Mishei

"Honored Senators and Deputies, Mr. Prime Minister, Chief Justice Shokot and Justices Arekei, Khusun, Kenan, and Kinit, I would like to begin by thanking you for allowing me to be present this most important of occasions. With that said, I report to you on the behalf of the People of Ikhan that this document which you and your colleagues have drafted is satisfactory in their eyes. Under its provisions, the Empire of Ikhan will boldly take the next steps forwards into the future, guided by the principles set forth by the esteemed Chancellor Viras. Today, we affirm our belief that all citizens of Ikhan, whether they be Arashin, Avosai, Andređi, or even Ardian, are created equally in the eyes of Ishen and that they are afforded the same rights as everyone else. We once more recognize the need for a renewed vigilance in foreign affairs, and reaffirm our commitments to our allies that we will continue our membership within the Cross-Straits Treaty Organization in light of the crisis that took hold of our nation in the closing months of 2020. Long live the Empire. Long live us all."

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2021, 06:04:26 PM »
Statement on the Kuniatiat Massacre

There are times, unfortunately, in which we see the worst in ourselves brought to the forefront of public consciousness. Today is one of those times. At approximately 5:30 PM, I was made aware of the massacre in the village of Kuniatiat, up in Kopsje. While we have our... problems with the present Kopsjense government, we stand with them in condemning what we can only see as an early sign of an attempted genocide. However, we strongly urge the Kopsjense government to take immediate action in order to prevent the ongoing conflict in the region from further spiraling out of control. And for the residents of Kuniatiat, though now passed, we cannot do much more than offer our deepest, most heartfelt condolences and pray that they shall find peace.

— Erel Kosai, Prime Minister of Ikhan

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2021, 04:55:43 AM »

Statement on the Death of King Comegin of Cantabria

It is my wish to extend my personal, heartfelt condolences, as well of those of the Empire of Ikhan, to the Cantabrian Royal Family and indeed the Kingdom of Cantabria as a whole following the tragic death of King Comegin. While I cannot personally say I knew the king well, I understand the tremendous loss that his now-permanent absence means for the citizenry. Nonetheless, as is written in the Ikin'tasri, death is an inevitable part of life, one from which the wellspring of rebirth may rush forwards. Nonetheless, time will certainly heal all sorrows, and I have no doubt in my mind that Queen Esmerelda's reign will be both long and prosperous for her people.

May the Kani watch over and bless the Queen.

— Arkan VI Vahram ve Sherkoz, Eshva of Ikhan

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Arashin Press Office
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2021, 03:56:18 AM »

Statement on Denuclearization

It is often my duty to speak on events which deeply trouble myself and the world at large, today is not such a day. Rather, today, on the 283rd day of the Mishei era, we celebrate the vanquishment of a foe greater than any man or any army. I speak, of course, of the destruction of the last nuclear weapon within the arsenal of the Empire of Achkaerin, a moment which I suspect many have awaited with bated breath.

Though we may banish this scourge of mankind to the sands of time, we must nonetheless remember the lives of the many quelled on that terrible day when it was first unleashed upon the world. For the next seventy-five years, we have lived in it’s shadow, and only now, we may begin to see the light again. For on that day in november, we became, for the first time, capable of our own extinction.

But just because we have put this dark chapter behind us does not mean that we can fall into inaction. We must remain vigilant at all times, for all it takes is one nation, one organization to manufacture such a device for our world to be plunged once more into darkness. Regardless of this, however, we celebrate the affirmation that cooperation between nations will always prove mightier than even our greatest weapons.

This is not the end of the battle, but merely the beginning. We come a long way, and now, we have work to do. Let us go boldly, step by step, into this new world that we have made.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 02:03:13 PM by Arkan VII ve Sherkoz »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2021, 06:35:08 PM »

Statement on the Death of His Imperial Majesty

With a heavy heart, the Imperial Family formally announces the death of His Imperial Majesty, the Kosokh Eshva. Born in 1971 to the future Kantei Eshva, his abrupt passing as a result of the attacks on the Nation earlier today has shocked the Imperial Family. We thank all who wish to offer their condolences, but ask that the family be given time to mourn the passing of its patriarch.

Further announcements will be made as time permits.

Long Live the Emperor!

— Arkan Haisin, Grand Steward of the Imperial Household Agency
10 June, 2021
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 05:00:07 AM by Arkan VII ve Sherkoz »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2021, 02:41:45 AM »

Statement on the Attacks in Rokkenjima

I would like to offer my deepest condolences to the people of Rokkenjima in the wake of the tragic attacks on their brothers and sisters that rocked their nation. I mourn for those who lost their lives to these cowardly attacks, but also for the families that will now be forced to pick up the pieces left behind. In times such as these, we must work together to banish the darkness at our doorstep. Thus, I am willing to offer any support that may be needed to track down those responsible and swiftly bring them to justice. Make no mistake, we cannot know peace while we are divided, and only by presenting a united front can we get to the root of this issue.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2021, 11:46:01 PM »

To: Clysperis no Akasha-Joō and the Clysperi jōtai
Regarding: Ratification of the Uppsala Convention and the abolition of the System of Indentured Servitude

The Empire of Daitō would like to extend it's congratulations to Her Ladyship, Clysperis no Akasha-Joō, as well as to the people of Clysperis, on the ratification of the Uppsala Convention for Humanitarian Treatment in War. This is a bold step for an absolutist regime, but one that is ultimately necessary for the betterment of all mankind. However, despite this, I wish to remind the Clysperi government that it must refrain from the downright abhorrent actions taken during its war against the Clysperi Confederacy in any military action going forwards. Any breach of the convention can and shall be punished by those nations party to the convention.

I would also like to extend my congratulations to the nation on abolishing its system of Indentured Servitude, electing to move away from the institution in favor of community service. While we recognize the importance of this move, I wish to express my concern for the manner in which it was undertaken. Though, at this time, it is too early to tell where the wind will blow, I do fear that those who were previously indentured servants will be maintained by their former masters in a new form of servitude in order to survive, unless the central government will support them in getting new jobs and starting a new life.

Regardless of this, I once again congratulate the Clysperi jōtai on this pair of truly momentous decisions that it has taken.

His Majesty, Daitō Ten'nō     

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2021, 11:54:41 PM »

Retraction of Statement on Clysperi Actions during the Civil War

On behalf of the Heavenly Sovereign, the Press Office of the Empire of Daitō formally retracts its allegations of a breach of the Uppsala convention during the Clysperi Civil War. The statement by His Majesty, which reads "in light of the behavior of their forces during their civil war. Truth be told, I don't have any reason to suspect that similar breaches will not occur in any future wars.", was made during an interview which he was ill prepared for, and those responsible for preparing him have resigned in disgrace. The Imperial Government of the Heavenly Sovereign of Daitō apologizes for this statement and any others of a similar manner made by her representatives, and will strive to be more careful in the future.

Jun'ya Fukumitsu, Press Secretary of the IHA

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2021, 04:37:51 AM »

Statement on Ryū M-3 Crew
With regards to the upcoming mission to the lunar surface, Ryū M-3, the Daitōjin National Space Agency has authorized the release of the crew manifest for the mission. This will be provided in an attached document to this statement. The DNSA, in spite of its approaching decommissioning of Kyūden IV later this year, remains committed to the pursuit of scientific advancement and exploration of the heavens for all mankind, and has authorized a total of six missions to the lunar surface over the next three years. It is also important to note that His Majesty will likely not fly on the mission, only serving as a backup for Mission Specialist Taeko Akiyama.
Crew Manifest
Primary Crew
Commander
Command Module
Pilot
Lander Pilot
Mission
Specialist
Eijiro Ebashi
Hiroki Inagaki
Isao Kitamori
Taeko Akiyama
Backup Crew
Commander
Command Module
Pilot
Lander Pilot
Mission
Specialist
Jiro Kitamori
Kanehiro Mifune
Fumiko Morinaga
Go-Tenshi Tennō

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Daitōjin Press Office
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2021, 06:08:17 PM »

Statement on the Death of Prince Lorenzo Tornincasa

The Government of His Majesty wishes to extend its deepest condolences to the family of Prince Lorenzo Tornicasa of Aosta, as well as to the nation as a whole as it reels from a most cowardly attack against one of its most sacred institutions, and to those members of the security detail tasked with the young Emperor's safety that remained loyal even to their dying breath. These fine men, who gave their life for a cause greater than themselves, shall undoubtedly find solace in the afterlife, looking down upon the world they have so recently departed. As for those who betrayed their oaths to protect not only such an important figure as the Emperor, but a child, they shall find no such peace, but instead be condemned to face the consequences of their actions, both in this life and the next. Truly, such a crime is abhorrent in the eyes of the heavens and of man. Although not of our blood, we mourn the deaths of those who fought so valiantly until the end for their charge as though they were our own. We shall pray that such a tragedy shall not happen again within our lifetimes, nor those of our sons and daughters.

May the kami protect and bring prosperity unto you and your nation.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2022, 10:33:55 AM »
OOC Note: This post was retconned as of April 30th

Announcement of sanctions against Tamora, Royal Seleucid, and Waddan

When I took the office of Emperor in Kōki 2640 (2020), I vowed that those states which supported the wicked practice of slavery, whether as chattel or as bonded labour, were to be seen as though it were a tumor on our collective humanity, one which must be excised before it has the chance to fester and to destroy. Such states, such as the Empire of Tamora, the Seleucid Emirate, and the Unified Tribes of Waddan, stand opposed to those fundamental tenets enshrined in the Mundus Convention on Universal Rights. Although not parties to the conventions, these laws, which form the backbone of the present international order, still apply regardless of their recognition, otherwise they cannot truly be deemed as universal. As such, in keeping with this mission to bring freedom to the peoples held in bondage on the Aranyean continent, it is my duty to inform the world that the Empire of Daitō will henceforth be sanctioning these regimes of oppression until they turn away from this path of cruelty and change their ways immediately. Attached below are the sanctions which will be implemented come midnight on the 14th of April:
  • A ban on the exportation of material that would assist in the war-making capabilities of the states targeted.
  • A ban on the exportation of luxury goods to the states targeted.
  • A ban on the exportation of electronic equipment, motor vehicles, and natural gas to the states targeted.
  • A ban on the importation of precious minerals, oil, pharmaceutical products, and agricultural products from the states targeted.
  • A ban on goods imported in part or in full by those trapped in slavery, debt bondage, or serfdom.
  • A ban on Daitōjin firms and entities conducting business with firms in Tamora, Royal Seleucid, and Waddan.
  • An ban on travel by the leadership of Tamora, Royal Seleucid, and Waddan into the Empire of Daitō, as well as those tied to its leadership financially or politically.
  • A freeze on all Tamoran, Seleucid, and Waddanese assets within the Empire of Daitō.
  • Individual sanctions on the leaders of Tamora, Royal Seleucid, and Waddan and those individuals tied to their respective governments.
  • A ban on any Tamoran, Seleucid, or Waddanese firms from utilizing any portion of the Daitōjin financial system.
  • A ban on flights to and from Tamora, Royal Seleucid, and Waddan.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 06:17:05 PM by Daitō »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2022, 03:09:51 PM »

Statement regarding Oceanic Research Array project

While DAMSTEC has been informed of the proposed Oceanic Research Array project, it is my duty to inform the world that it has not, contrary to what the Rokkenjiman Broadcasting Corporation has put out, actually agreed to the project as of yet. Though we remain committed to scientific research with regards to the oceanic environment, it must be stressed that we believe the RBC, which normally puts a considerable degree of work into its reporting, has made a serious error in this. Should it be the position of the government of the Rokkenjiman Empire that such a program be undertaken, I would be happy to arrange a meeting in person with their respective representatives. We look forwards to further cooperation with our counterparts across the border, no matter what the project may be.
Ichiro Ejima, Director of DAMSTEC

OOC Note: Friendly reminder that just because someone gives their OOC approval to a project does not mean that, because of that, you can assume that the nation itself will immediately agree to it. Rather, such an approval is best seen as grounds to move forwards and make a post for a meeting over such a project.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2022, 09:09:00 AM »

Statement on Operation Midori Ryū

Following information regarding continued plans by the Rokkenjiman Navy with regards to "Operation Midori Ryū", wherein they plan to send at a minimum six submarines, likely belonging to the Rorqual-class and Millennial-class, we wish to state our concern that such a move would potentially harm relations between the nations of the South Ardian New Electorate and Cross-Straits Treaty Organization within what constitutes, in the eyes of the Empire of Daitō, a strategically important region of Mundus. While we recognize the concerns posed having the Heyrans participate in the ongoing 2022 Olympus Naval Exercise within the eyes of the Rokkenjiman Government, such a significant deployment cannot be viewed in any other manner than as a provocation. Therefore, we call on the Government of the Rokkenjiman State and the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy to cancel the operation within the Strait of Shaw or at a bare minimum reduce the force being deployed and we refuse any notion that we will provide our support in this matter.

While Daitō remains committed to its participation within the Cross-Straits Treaty Organization, we view this as a step too far.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2022, 05:46:11 AM »

Clarification on the Imperial Seal with regards to the concerns of the Rokkenjiman Government

The Imperial Household Agency will not renege on its decision to readopt the Imperial Chrysanthemum Seal as the symbol of the Daitōjin State beyond its own borders. While we recognize the concerns by the Imperial Government of Rokkenjima that this marks a supposed claim to the Chrysanthemum throne, we nonetheless must deny that such notions hold any merit. Bear in mind that, though similar in nature owing to the symbol being prevalent among the Onishi as a people, the designs are indeed different, with the Rokkenjiman seal featuring but two rows of sixteen petals while the Daitōjin seal bears two rows of seventeen. It is the firm belief of the Imperial Household Agency that its restoration of use by Daitō shall not be problematic, given that such issues never arose when it was in use prior to 1922, nor since then with its use internally. However, once again, it must be stressed that its use is by no means a threat to the Rokkenjiman state, but rather a return to normalcy with regards to such symbols, and we believe that the reaction of the Rokkenjiman government to this news could be perceived as an overreaction.
Signed,
Hisato Watase,
Grand Steward of the Imperial Household Agency

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2022, 06:41:47 AM »

3時代2682年08月04日
Statement on Impending Rokkenjiman Anti-Satellite Weapon Test

The Government of the Empire of Daitō condemns the reckless decision by the Imperial Rokkenjiman Armed Forces to conduct an anti-satellite weapons test in the coming days against an object which it claims contains "hazardous materials", likely in reference to the hydrazine propellent used aboard many satellites as fuel for their attitude control thrusters. The claims that such hazardous materials would pose a threat to human life are greatly exaggerated; the potential risks caused by its reentry are at worst minimal, even if its propellant tanks fail to burst during reentry, given that such fuel will in almost all cases burn up when exposed to the heat generated on reentry. On the other hand, claims that the resulting debris would pose no threat to stations operated by foreign nations is also exaggerated, as it is nearly impossible to track the smallest pieces of debris created in such a test, especially as the months go on. Furthermore, even without being a direct threat to manned spacecraft presently in orbit, the debris nonetheless remains a threat to various important satellites, both civil and military in nature, especially given that many satellites are coplanar with the satellite set to be destroyed by the Imperial Rokkenjiman Armed Forces.

The Government of the Empire of Daitō strongly urges that the Imperial Rokkenjiman Armed Forces retract its decision to shoot down the satellite and consider a solution which does not endanger the lives of those spacefarers currently or soon to be in orbit and the assets of the global spacefaring community.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 02:03:58 AM by Daitō »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2022, 04:36:00 PM »

3時代2022年08月25日
Statement on Luca Riots

The Empire of Daitō strongly condemns the statement issued earlier today by INIS Director Tamaki Kado with regards to potential foreign involvement in the riots that occurred in the city of Luca, in which he claimed, quote,
   "The Toshikawans have had great difficulty in accepting responsibilities for their past actions though, perhaps, it could also be a vehicle of revenge on the part of the Empire of Daitō in response to their perceived grievances with the First Empire, all angles will be investigated."
We question the motives as to this statement, which is no doubt born out of the characteristic Rokkenjiman paranoia dating back to the cold war, and furthermore we question why the government of the Rokkenjiman state did not at any point inquire with His Imperial Majesty's government as to what its activities within the state may be. Such reckless statements could be passed off were Kado-san a new figure within the Rokkenjiman Intelligence Community, however, as he is the head of INIS, we must instead suspect that this is but a ploy to sully the name of His Imperial Majesty's government within the eyes of the international community or at least to distract from issues at home.

There is another matter, however, which we believe should be brought up, that being the matter of punishment for allegedly instigating the riots. As RBC has claimed, those charged in the course of the investigation will be convicted. As RBC is a state-owned, this otherwise offhanded comment must be treated with extreme scrutiny as it likely represents state policy. As a result, we remind the Rokkenjiman government that any action, whether it be against a foreign national or not, which follows this course would in effect be a violation of the Mundus Convention on Universal Rights, Article 7, subsection 2, which states:
   "No one charged with a criminal offence shall be presumed guilty until proven as such according to law."
Failure to comply with the Mundus Convention on Universal Rights will be met with consequences for the Rokkenjiman government.

Finally, the Empire of Daitō is formally updating its guidelines with regards to travel to the Rokkenjiman State. We strongly recommend that any Daitōjin nationals currently planning to travel to Rokkenjima reconsider their plans as they may be unjustly caught up in this investigation. As for our citizens currently within Rokkenjima, we request that you remain calm in this situation and avoid any action which may draw unwarranted suspicion towards you by local authorities. We will update our recommendations as this situation evolves, so we request that you remain appraised of the situation until it can be resolved.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2022, 01:12:32 AM »

3時代2682年09月01日
Statement on developing Situation in Eigg

The government of His Imperial Majesty condemns the government of the Federation of Dál Riata for its actions in recent weeks. While it is well within their rights, owing to the Kingdom of Eigg being a part of the state, to challenge the results of the Independence Referendum, and indeed one may argue that it is the right thing to do depending on their perspective, the same cannot be said for the actions undertaken by the Federal government following the referendum. Had they actually wished to challenge the results, they should have done so via the legal framework set in place, however, they have instead opted to take action which will undoubtedly further escalate the situation. They have engaged in blatant acts of voter suppression, making it difficult to vote on the referendum in spite of its apparent legality, and have now engaged in what can be described as state-sanctioned kidnapping of the legal head of one of their constituent states. Therefore, it has become painfully clear that the Federation of Dál Riata now stands at a crossroads which shall without doubt decide its fate, and we urge that the Federal Government change course immediately before the situation spirals out of control.

The Imperial government strongly urges its citizens to avoid travelling to the Federation of Dál Riata and the Kingdom of Eigg at this time. Furthermore, we recommend in no uncertain terms that any citizen of the Empire of Daitō leave the country as soon as possible. The embassy in the Dunadd, as well as the Consulate-General in Cappielow will do everything in their power to ensure that you will be provided safe transit to neighboring countries or back home.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 02:03:40 AM by Daitō »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2022, 03:17:34 AM »

3時代2682年09月28日
Statement on recent comments from Rokkenjima

The Empire of Daitō formally protests the regrettable statements issued by the leader of the Rokkenjiman State, which has claimed that the Government of His Imperial Majesty, unbroken since the age divine, is actively engaged in discrimination against its own citizens as a result of a single ruling within the Tōsan circuit. Empress Evanthe has failed to recognize the scope of the ruling made by the Awara High Court, interpreting it to encompass the entirety of the Empire while in actuality, its effects are only felt within the Tōsan Circuit. Furthermore, she has failed to inquire as to the status of Civil Unions for persons of the same sex, which remain legal throughout much of the country save for the Tōsan and Tōkai circuits as well as Tenkyō and Jōshū provinces. By failing to apprise herself of this, she has shown the true colors of the Rokkenjiman State.

Let us be very clear, the statements issued by the ruler of Rokkenjima are not an appeal to some sort of human rights, but rather are an attempt to disparage the good name of His Imperial Majesty and of the Empire, despite neither of them having any involvement save for either being the Head of State or by simply possessing the Tōsan circuit. The way she has spoken of us is proof of that alone. Furthermore, by invoking the Consular Marriage and Adoption Program and explicitly stating it will host supposed refugees from the Empire, she has made what was once a case about civil rights into something more, a case of national security. She has, therefore, done more damage to the movement, which many within His Imperial Majesty's Government and even within the Imperial Family support, than what this mere ruling in the Tōsan Circuit ever could.

Finally, with regards to this CMAP, as Rokkenjiman law does not apply within the Empire's borders, the certificate stating that the couple are legally married shall lose all but sentimental value. It is clear, therefore, that this is, in fact, a ploy to funnel away Daitōjin citizens, good citizens as any other, away from their sacred homeland. Any honorary citizenship granted by the Rokkenjiman state shall likewise not be recognized if granted through the Consular Marriage and Adoption Program, as it the means by which Rokkenjimans aim to syphon our good citizens from us.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2023, 01:12:20 AM »

1万和2683年01月29日
Statement of Condolences to the Rokkenjiman People

On the behalf of the people of the Empire of Daitō, I wish to extend our most heartfelt condolences to the Imperial Family of the First Empire of Rokkenjima, as well as her people, over the most tragic death of Her Imperial Highness, Crown Princess Asuna Anselmo. Though our two states have, in the last few months, found ourselves at an impasse, we nonetheless mourn the loss of a truly bright mind, snuffed out before her time. As such, I am hereby instructing that, in solidarity with our cultural kin in the east, flags of the Empire of Daitō be flown at half-mast outside of government buildings. The anguish felt by the Rokkenjiman people is a pain that we share, for none should have suffer in it alone.

In the days and weeks to follow, we shall be prepared to offer every resource necessary to assist in investigating the Crown Princess's murder and tracking down her killers. These criminals must be brought to justice, and, Kami willing, they shall. We must be prepared to send a powerful message to anyone who would undertake a similar course of action, a message which shall never be forgotten: There will be no no hole, no cave, no bunker which will hide you from the righteous hand of justice. You will not prosper, you will not know joy nor peace, and you will be hunted to the ends of the world, and that is promise.

May the Kami watch over and protect Empress Shizukesa, and may they ease the pain of the Rokkenjiman people.
Eijirō, Emperor of Daitō

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2023, 11:37:42 PM »

1万和2683年02月13日
Statement on the 2023 Winter Games

The Empire of Daitō formally protests the decision by the International Mundus Games Committee to select the Weltor Extension in Heyra as the site for the 2023 Winter Games, owing in no small part to the continued failure by the government of the Republic of Heyra to comply with the resolution passed by the Assembly of Ardia on the 22nd of April, 2019. Said resolution requires that, quote, "Nations of Ardia agree that they shall deny financial or material support to any Tamoran business that does not hold the Freestone Mark", however, the Heyran Republic, by way of Elysium, provides a loophole through which Tamoran companies can and indeed do trade with the outside world. Daitō, pursuant to its aims of joining the Ardian Assembly, cannot in good faith condone the IMGC's decision while Heyra continues to allow this loophole to persist, and as a result, will formally refuse to send a delegation of government officials and sponsors to the games. The Daitōjin National Team shall be permitted to compete, as the body is merely a government-chartered nonprofit organization, but make no mistake, the government of the Empire of Daitō shall move to disassociate itself with the ongoing games.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2023, 02:31:50 AM »

1万和2683年02月14日
Statement on Rokkenjiman Aggression off the Tokara Islands

Today, at 7:16 AM, Ardian Standard Time, a Q-6 Akugyo maritime patrol aircraft was intercepted and shot down by a pair of Rokkenjiman RK80-N fighters while performing routine exercises within the Empire's territorial waters. The Aircraft's crew, made up of eleven personnel belonging to the Imperial Daitōjin Navy, were lost. A pair of J-7s flown off of the IDN Taihō, at the time undergoing sea trials ahead of it entering full service, moved to assist the threatened patrol aircraft and were forced to witness it being shot down in cold blood by the Rokkenjiman Air Force. Commander Genta Saeki and Lieutenant Hirokuni Fukura, as well as their Radar Intercept Officers Lt. Eiichi Tsuda and SLt. Kuriko Sugawara, in accordance with the Imperial Daitōjin Navy's Rules of Engagement, thusly engaged the Rokkenjiman attackers, shooting down the two aircraft shortly thereafter in an act of self defense, and for that, we commend their bravery and their devotion to the nation.

The Empire of Daitō condemns in no uncertain terms the aggressive actions taken by the First Empire of Rokkenjima, which not only threatens the stability of the region, but has now claimed the lives of eleven patriots, eleven sons and daughters of the Empire who shall never return home. As a result of the actions taken by Rokkenjima, we must now consider our options going forwards, but rest assured in knowing that this act cannot and will not go unanswered. Though the Rokkenjimans are our cultural kin, we must be prepared for whatever is to come.
Eijirō, Emperor of Daitō

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2023, 10:59:58 PM »

1万和2683年02月15日
Statement on Measures with regards to Rokkenjima

As relations between the Empire of Daitō and the First Empire of Rokkenjima continue to deteriorate, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs hereby announces the following actions to be taken:
   I.) The Ministry of Foreign Affairs advises that Daitōjin citizens do not travel to the First Empire of Rokkenjima at this time, owing to a strong likelihood of armed conflict between Rokkenjima and the Empire of Daitō. Those Daitōjin citizens presently in the First Empire of Rokkenjima should depart as soon as is possible, making use of commercial or private transport to leave the country, either for Daitō or for a neutral third party. All Daitōjin citizens should carefully monitor Imperial Government notices and local and international media outlets for information about changing security conditions.
   II.) Pursuant to the security of the Empire of Daitō's diplomatic personnel, the Daitōjin Embassy in the capital of Rokkenjima, Pyrettania, shall formally be closed effective sundown on Thursday, the 16th of February, 2023. Similarly, the Daitōjin consulates in Exuperia, Ahsinxao, and Onvilal shall close at the same time. Diplomatic missions in the First Empire shall remain closed until further notice.
   III.) The Rokkenjiman Embassy in Shinkyō has likewise been requested to close, and we are willing to help facilitate Rokkenjiman citizens in leaving the country for a neutral nation.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 10:39:24 PM by Daitō »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2023, 09:46:14 PM »

1万和2683年03月08日
Concern with Respect to Actions Taken by the Empress of Rokkenjima

The Government of the Empire of Fusan, in spite of measures taken to ensure peace remains following the recent conflict it found itself involved in with First Empire of Rokkenjima, wishes to express its concerns over recent actions taken by the Empress of Rokkenjima. Per the recent press release, the Rokkenjiman Empress formally ordered that the Centre Party be reformed, in spite of the Empress having no legal grounds to do so. Certainly, she will claim it as part of her privileges under the constitution, specifically Article 3, which reads "The Empress is sacred and inviolable". As we understand, given it mirrors the text of the Fusanese Constitution, this grants the Empress legal immunity, however, evidently the Empress has now interprets this as her having direct control over all aspects of the Rokkenjiman political sphere. However, we have not seen any evidence which justifies the Rokkenjiman government, for better or for worse, mandating the reformation of its ruling party, and certainly not without the consent of the people who supported it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 10:39:13 PM by Daitō »