Author Topic: Imperial Rokkenjiman Press Briefings  (Read 3245 times)

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Imperial Rokkenjiman Press Briefings
« on: April 09, 2020, 07:44:04 AM »

Nick Craig, Imperial Media Liaison

Effective tomorrow, April 10th, it is the intent of the Imperial Media Liaison to conduct weekly Press Briefings[1]. Alongside the RBC, media outlets across Mundus are invited to join me for these briefings where there will be an opportunity to ask questions. This is an area where I feel my predecessor fell short; this Office has long issued statements and directives in a one-directional fashion. Tomorrow that trend ends, and we open the door to further engagement with the press.

A free and open press plays such a crucial role in any free society. Tomorrow, we welcome you in so that you may play a greater role, with increased access, to Rokkenjiman officials and this Office itself. Joining me tomorrow to answer questions of the press will be Attorney for the Crown Lucius Stanley and Imperial Diplomatic Liaison Jason Cole.

Registrations for reporters may be submitted electronically with all credentials being issued prior to tomorrow's inaugural briefing.

Those news organizations who wish to join us tomorrow may complete the following form. All forms are asked to be submitted before 6 PM Ardian Standard Time to ensure they are processed prior to the Briefing.

Code: [Select]
[b]Reporter Name:[/b]
[b]News Organisation Represented:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
 1. Because, for RP purposes, daily briefings could get out of hand quickly

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Rokkenjiman Press Briefings
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 07:46:44 AM »
Reporter Name: Masaki Satsuki
News Organisation Represented: Rokkenjima Broadcasting Corporation
Nationality: Rokkenjiman

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 04:59:53 PM »

Reporter Name: Rosta Rezaei
News Organisation Represented: Tamoran Imperial News Service (TINS)
Nationality: Tamoran

Offline Izhitsa

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Izhitsa
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 05:28:01 PM »
Reporter Name: Ludmila Prokeshova
News Organisation Represented: Kherhorodtsiy Pravda
Nationality: Izhitsan

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
  • All the world's a stage...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tytor
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 05:29:04 PM »
Reporter Name: Jay Wilkinson
News Organisation Represented: Tytorian Broadcasting Service (TBS)
Nationality: Tytorian

Reporter Name: Dan Seaborn
News Organisation Represented: Centralian National Television (CNTV)
Nationality: Centralian
His Majesty Michael the First, by the Grace of God, King of Tytor and her Colonies, and Lord Protector of Floodwater

Factbook -- News -- Press Office

Former Governor-General of The Infinite Alliance
Former Ambassador to Albion and the Global Right Alliance
Former Vice Premier and Speaker of the Senate of the Independent Order
Professional Procrastinator

Non-partisan and proud of it

"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 10:02:41 PM »
Rosta Rezaei, TINS: APPROVED
Ludmila Prokeshova, Kherhorodtsiy Pravda: APPROVED
Dan Seaborn, CNTV: APPROVED
Jay Wilkinson, TBS: APPROVED

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 10:06:41 PM »
Reporter Name: Erel Khalakin
News Organisation Represented: Murai Imperial News Service (MINS)
Nationality: Murai

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2020, 06:27:55 AM »
MINS is APPROVED.

Nick Craig:

"Good afternoon, thank you for joining us today. As this is new to all of us I'm sure there will be some kinks to be worked out along the way, but we'll get through them together. I would like to begin with thanking Empress Evanthe for this opportunity, and for the trust she has shown that I may be a capable and effective voice for Pyrena Castle and the broader Imperial Government. Things are going to be a little different than they were under Ms. Araya, and I hope we'll all build a relationship that previously did not exist."

"As I'm sure you're all aware Pyrena Castle is conducting a review of the Government Services Bureau, which often carries out day-to-day functions on behalf of Pyrena Castle and serves as a general service for the broader Imperial Government. As it is still fresh in our memories we saw perhaps the greatest domestic attack against the First Empire carried out by Charles Foster Ofdensen and his associates, an attack which has been reviewed and is still being processed by Rokkenjiman and Achkaerinese authorites. The goals of Mr. Ofdensen, to hijack the machinery of the Rokkenjiman Government and cause lasting damage, are known to us all. Any and all links between Mr. Ofdensen, his associates and the Government Services Bureau are being looked at as a part of this review. I don't have any results to share at this time but will keep you all updated as to the progress of this investigative process."

"Lucius Stanley, Attorney for the Crown, took decisive action when this discrepancy was brought to his attention. Yanni Tawfeek and other Seleucids are now in the custody of Azukishima Prefectural Police, where they will remain pending any actions in regards to his communications with Achkaerinese authorities. Mr. Stanley is available to address any questions related to this matter."

"Pyrena Castle is also monitoring the Gungnir situation and any implications it could have for Rokkenjima and our allies. At present we are confident that Rokkenjiman systems, and those of our allies, remain safe and effective. We'll continue to monitor the situation while ensuring that redundancies and back-ups, including ICON infrastructure, remains capable of serving the needs of our military while maintaining joint CSTO operational capacity."

"Empress Evanthe, meanwhile, is involved with diplomatic talks with Crown Prince and Prince Regent Arkan Vahram ve Sherkoz of Ikhan and as such will not be present for this inaugural Briefing. She has made her intentions known to be present for next week's briefing, however. Speaking of the Imperial Family, questions concerning the Crown Princess will not be discussed today. As a minor who was not speaking in an official capacity and was participating in a school function, this topic is not appropriate for this setting."

"With that I'll be taking some questions. Let's start with Mr. Wilkinson."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
  • All the world's a stage...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tytor
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2020, 06:53:11 AM »
Jay Wilkinson, TBS:

"Thank you.  There has been some talk from Midaranye lately of a joint Tamoran-Seleucid bid to host this year's Mundus Games.  For most of the Games' history, Rokkenjiman athletes have not participated, but given Rokkenjima's success in the most recent Rugby World Cup, are there plans in place for that to change this year?  And if so, what is the Imperial Government's position on the Tamoran-Seleucid hosting bid, assuming it materializes?"
His Majesty Michael the First, by the Grace of God, King of Tytor and her Colonies, and Lord Protector of Floodwater

Factbook -- News -- Press Office

Former Governor-General of The Infinite Alliance
Former Ambassador to Albion and the Global Right Alliance
Former Vice Premier and Speaker of the Senate of the Independent Order
Professional Procrastinator

Non-partisan and proud of it

"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2020, 07:20:51 AM »
"We're certainly looking into it. The Rugby World Cup has shown that Rokkenjiman athletes are dedicated and capable of putting together a team that can punch above its weight; we saw that in the defeat of the Lodjan team which is coached by none other than World Cup winning coach Sir Clyde Winwood. I wouldn't be surprised if you see Rokkenjiman teams tackling other sports and inspiring a new generation of Rokkenjiman athletes to compete on a global scale."

"The Tamoran-Seleucid bid is one which we won't be supporting. Imagine the countless dollars to be spent preparing for the games, money from all around Mundus pouring in and the cameras trained on athletes as they compete, all of this against a backdrop of slavery. A successful Tamoran bid, even if jointly with Royal Seleucid, sends the wrong message to the world. Perhaps we'll see a Rokkenjiman bid, or maybe you guys are thinking of putting in a Tytorian bid? In any case, there are other options and I hope that we'll see other venues put forward as more viable alternatives."

"Next question....yes, Erel Khalakin."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2020, 09:04:19 AM »

News Organisation Represented: Tamoran Imperial News Service (TINS)

OOC: I assumed waiting more than a RL week to ask my question was more than enough.

“Thank you.  Rokkenjima’s announcement that the Seleucid prisoners were finally freed by the Rokkenjiman government following more than a year of analyzing their status was welcomed news to their families back home in Royal Seleucid. I had the chance to personally talk to some of them and they expressed both joy and gratitude that finally, for once, justice was done to their fathers and husbands and that they will be returning home. So my question is: does the Rokkenjiman government have anything at all to say to those families after going back on its word to free their family members?  “   

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2020, 07:10:57 AM »

"Unfortunately it was a statement which would not have been released had the proper channels been followed. While it's unfortunate that we've seen hopes raised following the statement the matter is one which is under the remit of the Attorney for the Crown. The individuals responsible for the release are being questioned, while greater scrutiny is being placed on the Government Services Bureau to ensure that any lingering attachments to Mr. Offdensen are cleansed from the Imperial Government. Sowing chaos was a specialty of his, and while he may sit behind bars those loyal to his cause continue to be uprooted to this day."

"As the action wasn't sanctioned, the Imperial Government can only apologize for the false hope granted by the GSB's failure to adhere to protocol. Mr. Stanley may be able to provide some more insight, if you've a question you'd like to ask him on this matter?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2020, 03:04:36 PM »
"Thank your for the answer.
Mr. Stanley, what can be done to speed up the process as well as ensure the release of the Seleucid citizens? You do understand the frustration that those detained and their families feel with the process so far.  "

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2020, 03:29:47 AM »

"At present I'm awaiting word from my colleagues in Valtheim who have had an extensive history involving the sort of cases facing these Seleucid. Whether or not they will ultimately be released will depend on the international judicial system; given that we're talking of matters directly under the purview of the Uppsala Convention I would not be in a position to state whether their release is within the realms of possibility or not. I am disappointed that the matter was taken to the public before being run by my Office; it's a situation that should never have transpired. Rest assured that the legitimate process is being followed, and we'll see the fruits of that labour in a process which is verifiable."

"The distress to these families never would have taken place if proper channels and protocol had been followed from day one. I am bound to the course of law and justice, both national and in this case international. I have no personal stake, nor opinion, on the matter and will serve in an impartial capacity as we see this process move forward."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2020, 11:06:43 PM »

Nick Craig:

"Good afternoon, thank you for joining us today. Since we last gathered Rokkenjima has imposed a strong sanctions regime upon the Tamoran Empire, initiated an investigation into a secretive Heyran economy and, due to national security reasons imposed by time constraints imposed by the Heyran Republic, destroyed those most sensitive parts of QAMB which could not be safely dismantled, thus preventing them from being acquired by foreign powers. This operation was undertaken with the preservation of human life at the forefront."

“Having heard Tamora making comparisons to Rokkenjiman bases in Achkaerin and Dartfordia the Ministry for Foreign Affairs would remind the Empire that the relationships held with these nations is much different while, should such a closure ever face QCMB, the Achkaerinese would likely grant much longer than a few mere days for things to wrap up at that facility. While it’s unfortunate that it came to this, we were left with few options. The Ministry for Foreign Affairs will also be releasing a more full statement later this evening.”

"Let’s start with the questions. First hand up has it."

Registrations for reporters may be submitted electronically with all credentials being issued swiftly.

Those news organizations who wish to join us and have not taken part before (posting shall open tomorrow) may complete the following form.

Code: [Select]
[b]Reporter Name:[/b]
[b]News Organisation Represented:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Izhitsa

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2020, 05:43:10 PM »
Ludmila Prokeshova, Kherhorodtsiy Pravda:

"Yes, I have a few questions about the closure of QAMB. As I understand, the closure was instigated by Rokkenjima's swift withdrawal from the CFT following an internal review. My first question is why did such withdrawal have to be so swift, especially knowing that doing so could potentially compromise sensitive technology? In addition, there are now reports that the destruction of QAMB has led to serious environmental damage as well, possibly from to the very same sensitive installations you intended to protect. Is Rokkenjima planning to aid Heyra in the cleanup in any way, at least by helping them identify the pollutants left by the site?"
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 05:58:22 PM by Izhitsa »

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2020, 06:36:05 AM »
"The Treaty itself, as identified by the Vicegerent, failed each test the Empress presented for review. As the CFT did not align with Rokkenjima's values-based foreign policy while actively hindering Rokkenjima's capability to act in other spheres, its maintenance was seen as harmful to Rokkenjima's interests. Furthermore, considering what Rokkenjima gave in the relationship compared to that which it received, the CFT had been identified as an uneven treaty, one which some are calling the most lopsided treaty in modern history. This, and the reasons highlighted by the Vicegerent's Report and the Empress' Edict which followed, are why we saw a swift Rokkenjiman withdrawal."

"As for the potential for compromising sensitive technology, the Empress communicated a time-table for a safe extraction from QAMB. Pyrena wasn't expecting a Press Release from the Republic stating an immediate seizure of the facility by the Heyran Defense Forces."

"Rokkenjima is naturally prepared, and is taking actions, to address the needs of the region following the operation which destroyed QAMB. This may be in the form of dispatching supplies and other resources to nations aiding the Republic, however we should have more details on the specifics in the coming days."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Izhitsa

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2020, 06:53:55 PM »
Ludmila Prokeshova, Kherhorodtsiy Pravda:

Thank you. Just one follow-up question, if I may: Does Rokkenjima plan to review its other treaties in the same way it has reviewed the CFT?