—NOTHING—
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 04:39:53 PM by Nova »

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Baal System
Re: Elysium: last chapter
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 11:22:11 AM »
JBSS Special Agent Linhua Deng was in The Defense in the Jiayuanese embassy meeting with ambassador Tien Xiaoming and had their phone patched through to The Secretary Generals Office via many encrypted networks and third party proxy lines. Secretary General Guamin Cheng started the meeting "This whole situation is ridicules." Special Agent Deng replied " Well its not like we are involved directly so far as I can see we are in the clear either way. its not like anyone can link this to us. Their just mercenaries from Tai & Tsung Defence Services. All we did was give that prick Oliver money. It's not like we decided to hire the mercs." Ambassador Xiaoming concurred "Well A private company give him the funds to hire a private army. We aren't responsible for this."

Secretary General Cheng stress sighed " Well that might be true but I still don't like the sound of this bullshit Prince. But whatever He might be an entitled little asshole but he might be a man of pragmatism...At least I hope, otherwise we might have to be more....Firm." Special Agent Deng responded "I doubt we have to. The Morelanders would probably do that for us...Besides Shehua Capital and the other shelf companies will be the ones on the chopping block if this were to go south, either from the Republic or the Heyran Royal family."

Secretary General Cheng responded "Fine, monitor the situation. Ambassador Xiaoming keep this communication line open and Special Agent Deng, have your officers on high alert and on standby encase the little prick Oliver gets any ideas."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: Elysium: last chapter
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 03:30:03 PM »
David had been looking forward to going to Rhiannon's school this afternoon to watch their summer concert. His daughter had been practicing her part with the choir all week and was getting really good. "Get Abby to record it for me." The King instructed his Chief of Household Quinn Germaine as he headed into the labrynth of rooms and corridors deep under the Palace that served as a kind of crisis centre. Senior military officers were already busily handing around reports, photos, print outs of all kinds by the time David had arrived. As usual as soon as he entered the main conference room those assembled around it stood and David waved for everyone to take their seats. "Tell me what we know so far?" David looked down the table.

Grace Yacobs began. As one of the Intelligence Agents over at the National Intelligence Agency she'd been seeing a large amount of the information coming in. "Well Your Majesty. We began hearing of military activity around Elysium over in Tamora. It seemed like the Tamoran military were making a play for it but to me that wouldn't be neccesarrily the case as Abbas has been very supportive of the project, so unless he's lost his mind or the army have gone renegade I think that's unlikely. Not too long after we began picking up details of similar activity in the Defence in Heyra itself. Moments ago we had a message released that appears to show Therz with Abbas and Queen Arpine meaning we've no clue who is running the show in the Defence. It smacks of someone taking advantage of her being out the country to make a play for power. We've then got imagery of Heyran military firing on their own military. It's looking messy."

Next to speak was Grace's mother Katie one of the most senior military officials in the Kingdom. "We also had a communication saying the military had carried out a coup and that they may ask for support. I've begun mobilising a Legion just in case. Remember though Heyra have issues with a gizzilion left over land mines and explosives from the Great War. We may be actually better off moving some naval assets to the East of Heyra."

Sir Harry Samuelson continued, "We've also heard Therz plans on having representation at the meeting you proposed. I'd however consider that something to be wary of, unless its Therz herself. There is clearly some element in the government or military involved in this." David nodded at his Minister of Defences assessment.

The final person to speak was Brigadier Kelly of Red Legion. "I'm going to start looking at inserting a few teams should we need them. Heyra's a lot of uninhabited terrain that would make it easy to get in without being seen and the right equipment we could get very mobile very quickly. The boys have been looking for an excuse to use our new hovercrafts for a year or two now."

David spun his chair to face away from the group assembled before him while he looked at the projected big screen map of Heyra. "I want round the clock electronic data gathering by the Air Forces Spotters. I want any other surveillance gathering assets turned to this. Any chatter that helps us work out who this is doing everything let me know. We need to ensure anyone trying to get out of Heyra can however I want flights by EMAC-Heyra stopped, last thing we want is civvie planes flying around if their military is going against each other. Put what Red Legion assets we can on the ground and monitor things. I'll get the regional meeting going ASAP and we'll take things from there. Stop any new assets getting into Heyra incase there is outside involvement."

"Roger that" Brigadier Kelly responded before adding, "Do we know someone in Heyra's military, non officially of course?"

Grace Yacobs looked down at her folder and then scanned down a few documents. "Piers Ramsay. Marine Lt-Col who was part of the initial officer exchange with Heyra. Spent a fair bit of time embedded with them and then hosted one of their officers on his return. We'll see what he can stir up."

"Excellent" The King stood, "Keep me posted."