Poll

Who should win the 2021 Queen's Foundation Award for Physiology and Medicine?

OsmanTech and Pasteur
8 (88.9%)
Dr Simon Hindmarch
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: November 01, 2021, 11:47:24 AM

Author Topic: Queen's Foundation Awards 2021 - Physiology and Medicine Vote  (Read 1578 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Queen's Foundation Awards 2021 - Physiology and Medicine Vote
« on: October 29, 2021, 12:45:11 PM »
Name of Nominee: OsmanTech and Pasteur
Field Nominated in: Physiology and Medicine
Reason for Nomination: Yellow Tongue Vaccination
Supporting Letter:

This year the world was ravaged by the Yellow-Tongue virus which saw a huge impact on the livestock market across Mundus. In addition to having a big impact on the agricultural industry it has also seen itself rip through certain wild animal populations. As the disease seemed to spread across Mundus teams from the two nominees worked, often co-operatively, to first map the virus and then isolate it before discovering how to map its genetic code. Once this had been done the Fleur nominees managed to come up with an effective vaccine that was then put into mass production by OsmanTech. As a result this potential catastrophe was brought under control. We believe that these people deserve this award as they have not only succeeded in manufacturing an effective vaccine in short order but have demonstrated the achievements nations on Mundus can make if and when they work co-operatively.

May The Gods Watch Over You and Mundus Know Peace

King David III of East Moreland

Name of Nominee: Dr.Simon Hindmarch
Field Nominated in: Physiology and Medicine
Reason for Nomination: Pioneering Biological Scaffolding surgery

Supporting Letter:

It is well known that early this year I was part of a programme to test a new surgical technique known as Biological Scaffolding. Several years ago a terrorist attack left me with part of my lower back missing muscle mass. Under the guidance of Dr.Hindmarch a pigs bladder was used to create a kind of biological net that was implanted where scar tissue had once been, this area received regular stem cell injections and has allowed me to gain much of the mobility of the region. A similar technique has been used on arms and legs to give greater mobility to those, usually injured soldiers, who have been wounded in the line of duty. Those having the operation have also included members of the Achkaerin royal family. It is my belief that through Dr.Hindmarch's skill, dedication and dexterity that I will have a much better quality of life and as such his ongoing roll out of the method will lead to a wider world impact.

May The Gods Watch Over You and Mundus Know Peace

King David III of East Moreland.