Author Topic: A meeting between friends of Achkaerin (Samantra and Revana)  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
A meeting between friends of Achkaerin (Samantra and Revana)
« on: February 13, 2022, 04:41:05 PM »
HQ of the Office for the Protection of the Church and its State(OPCS), Novyy Rim, the holy Kingdom of Samantra

HQ of the Office for the Protection of the Church and its State(OPCS), Novyy Rim, the holy Kingdom of Samantra

As soon as Valeri Kuzmin, sub secretary of foreign affairs for secular government of the Holy Kingdom of Samantra, finished attending the World's Fair Ball in Revana he immediately contacted OPCS and detailed the encounter with the female individual self-described as “Erica Sidonis, Ambassador to foreign nations from the legitimate government of the Enlightenment of Haven of Sovereignty”.

The OPCS immediately proceeded to write a report of the encounter and issue recommendations on how to proceed further. They recommendation was to not engage the Enlightenment of Haven of Sovereignty because of the huge reputation risk it could pose for the Holy Kingdom. The report was sent to both the secular government and spiritual one. The secular government, through the office of the President of the Duma, responded immediately agreeing with the recommendations but the decision was not theirs. OPCS waited a full week before eventually receiving a reply from the office of the Patriarch:

“Approach the group, discuss their agenda, inquire about the needed support and assess them. Decision to provide aid will be made after the final assessment.”

And so the OPCS immediately proceeded to contact the “government of the Enlightenment of Haven of Sovereignty” and proposed they meet in the city of Calfa in the Grand Duchy of Belgravia (ooc: on the map you can find them under the name Elista). The Duchy was in Samantra’s sphere of influence and OPCS felt comfortable meeting them there. They also wanted to test just how fanatical they were, the Grand Duchy was a monarchy so they were curious if they objected to the location.

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Revana
Re: A meeting between friends of Achkaerin (Samantra and Revana)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 12:33:20 AM »
Spoiler: show

Bleak walked out of the terminal at the main airport in Calfa, having preferred to travel in the busiest modes of transportation possible to keep down his chances of getting recognized. He was comfortable in the Duchy of Belgravia, monarchy or not, given that the whole down with monarchy thing was just a way to rile up the troops and generate support. If half the Enlightenment soldiers had half a brain, they'd realize that both the Enlightenment and Haven of Sovereignty were monarchies disguised as democracies. He chuckled to himself as he stepped into the private vehicle he had arranged for before leaving Border in Revana and they began driving towards the meeting place. The fall of some monarchies was on the agenda sure, but the true goal was freedom, the hedonistic freedom that used to reign supreme in Sovereignty before the fall. 

He arrived at the address he'd been given and made his way up to the door, his up to then unnoticed aide rushing up and following close behind, the young girl looking nervous, not used to travelling.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Re: A meeting between friends of Achkaerin (Samantra and Revana)
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2022, 06:58:53 PM »
Surprising or not the address led to a high school in Calfa. The security guard for the high school had received word Bleak would arrive and greeted him.

“Is the young lady with you? I was told that it would only be one guest” he asked politely only to make sure that Bleak was the person that was told would arrive rather than be upset that he didn’t come alone.
“Just go down the hallway and it’s the third door on the right” he said inviting them to come inside. “Miss. Belkin will soon finish class”.

As the guests went inside as instructed they reached the open door.

Spoiler:  Miss. Mila Belkin • show

Mila Belkin- operative of OPCS tasked with subversion in the education system of the Grand Duchy of Belgravia

Miss. Mila Belkin was inside with a room full of students and motioned for the guests to come inside and take a front row seat:

“I will be done in a few minutes” she said to the guests.

“So class, as I was saying, Belgravian identity has always been linked to that of Samantra. History proves this… “ she notices that one of the students raised his hand to speak “Yes, Ivan”

“So why is Belgravia still independent? Wouldn’t a union of the two create a more powerful country that can better compete on the world stage?”

“Now Ivan, we do not do politics in the classroom. Such talk is inappropriate and outside the scope of our history lesson” said Mila faking that she was displeased with the question when in fact it was the job as an operative of OPCS to instill exactly such thoughts in the youth of Belgravia. She also knew full well that nothing stirs teens more than telling them they were not allowed to discuss something.

“And speaking of class, our time is up for today. I know you a disappointed but history will have to wait till next week when we will see each other again. “

The students quickly left class leaving the room empty allowing Miss. Belkin, operative of OPCS, to concentrate on the guests:

“I am Mila Belkin. I’ve been expecting you” she introduced herself to the guests and waited for the guests to do the same.

“So I have been instructed to get to know you a bit, by that I mean your organization” she said smiling to Bleak.

“Tell me a bit about the popular support you have in Revana. How much of the general population would say supports your goals? Do you have any party that represents your goals in the legislature? I am asking because I want to know how you plan to win the hearts and minds of the people of  Revana “ she asked while approaching Bleak and taking a seat next to him and his aide. Mila was aware that her questions were very direct but she decided to get straight to business.