Author Topic: The Shores of Safraen (Mktvartvelo-Clysperis)  (Read 1835 times)

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
The Shores of Safraen (Mktvartvelo-Clysperis)
« on: February 23, 2022, 09:05:09 PM »

Message to the Kingdom of Clysperis

We have observed the reforms and the patient but effective economic and national development that your nation has undertaken in the last years, highly improving the standing of your nation beyond your borders, and we are sure restoring the hopes and dreams of the Clysperi people. There may be differences between our nations, certainly, which can be found in our cultural, institutional, and political history, but not such that justify that our distance may be larger than the geographical one. As a people, we have learned to respect the sovreignty and differences of other nations, as a bridge toward building constructive and long-lasting relations.

For that reason, I would like to invite Pharaoh Akasha, as head of state of the Kingdom of Clysperis, to an official visit to the Unitary State of Mktvartvelo, on a date of your choosing. It will be a high honour to receive you, and we are convinced that our nations both may have a lot of to gain in distinct fields.

Yours sincerely,
Brzdmsteveli Ketevan Chakhava
Unitary State of Mktvartvelo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: The Shores of Safraen (Mktvartvelo-Clysperis)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 08:37:22 AM »

I must say I was not expecting a message from you, though I thank you for reaching out to me. My life is dedicated to the People of Clysperis, their well being and ensuring that their dreams are given the same opportunity to take flight as a man or woman born in any nation upon Mundus. While there may be differences between our nations I am pleased that we can both recognize that such differences need not preclude our nations from engagement: all Peoples have  different experiences and perspectives, setting those aside in the spirit of cooperation is a powerful force.

I shall look forward to seeing you in Mktvartvelo in the coming days and discussing with you a variety of topics.

Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re, Sovereign of Sovereigns, Divine of Appearance, Beloved of Amun, Chosen of Ra, Lord of the Three Lands, Ruler of Justice like Ra, High Priest of Every Temple, the Eye of Horus, Satisfied is the heart of Ra.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 08:30:36 PM »

National Airport of Ktsatskuri, Unitary State of Mktvartvelo

Everything was ready to receive Pharaoh Akasha, in the first visit of a Clysperis head of state to the Unitary State of Mktvartvelo, as well as the first official visit of a foreign country to Mktvartvelo since the coronation of Ketevan Chakhava as Brzdmtsveli of the Unitary State of Mktvartvelo.

Mkhsnel Haratischvili, recently appointed Minister of Foreign Affairs awaited the guests from Clysperis.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2022, 08:28:40 AM »

Akasha arrived alone apart from her security detail, capable of negotiating without drawing further people from Khemenen to accompany her on this visit. She approached her hosts with a smile, "A pleasure to meet you personally," she continued, "I pray that our talks are productive and mutually beneficial here."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2022, 12:40:23 PM »

"Welcome to our nation, Majesty", Mkhsnel Haratischvili said to the guest from Clysperis. "Indeed, we certainly hope our talks will be productive as well. I have no doubts that will be the case", he added with a smile. Mkhsnel was slightly surprised that Akasha had come without any additional representatives, although he felt that was not out of character after all.

"I introduce you to Captain Mamulia", Haratischvili said, refering to the woman that had just translated the minister's words. "It's a pleasure and honour to meet you, Your Majesty", said Inna Mamulia, who was fluent in both Clysperi and Parthian languages.

"Mrs. Mamulia will accompany on your journey", Haratischvili explained. "If you need anything or you have any question, don't hesitate to ask her".

"Now", he continued, "if you don't mind, we'll move directly to downtown Ktsatskuri, Her Most High Majesty is already waiting us there. We'll probably meet again in the afternoon. Enjoy your stay in our country".

Once Akasha showed to be ready, they moved toward the cars waiting them. Finally, they arrived to Shoreuli Sakhli Palace. The travel still took a bit, as the airport was nearby the northern districts of the city. They took the Ori Paralelurad Highway, that accessed directly to southern Ktsatskuri, so at least their travel was steady enough, avoiding the typical jams that ordinary drivers knew so well.

Members of the National Corps opened the car once they arrived. "You can accompany us, please", one officer told them, as they opened the cars door. As they approached the entrance of the palace, they could see the gardens surroundering it.

Brzdmstveli Ketevan was awaiting them, as soon as they went through the stairs that led to the entrance.

"Nice to meet you, Pharaoh", Ketevan said. "How are you? I hope you had a pleasant journey", she added with a smile.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2022, 09:26:07 AM »
"I feel most welcome already, and it is an honour to be amongst such accommodating hosts. I look forward both to getting to know your people and lands.""

Akasha took in the sights and sounds around her as they traveled, it was always a good way to learn through observation and she was impressed thus far. While she loved Clysperis before all other lands it was nice to be in more green environments now and then, and gardens remained a favourite environment for her. She offered a brief curtsey before replying, "A pleasure to meet you, it is a good day which lays before us. My travels have been calm and pleasant," she continued, "and I most certainly look forward to my time here in Mktvartvelo. I thank you again for your invitation and this opportunity to be here today.""

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2022, 09:09:18 AM »

"We are glad that you accepted our offer, and you found some time to prepare the travel so soon", Ketevan replied. Once the formalities were done, they, as well as Inna Mamulia, entered the palace. They were led to one of the largest halls of the palace, which was next to the room that Ketevan herself used as her own office during the weekends.

"You can sit down", Ketevan told Akasha. "Would you like to drink anything?", she asked.

"Our nations are not far away, one could argue", Ketevan continued, "but still the distance seemed much more greater during a long time. For the past, including the recent past, there were reasons to that be the case, however, but we recognize the changes and progress your nation has been experienced lately, leaving behind the tragic situation that your country was forced to face not a long time ago. I believe that our nations have a lot of gain for a more constructive and positive relation. We hope we are able to find to a right path and dialogue to become that a reality. I hope your visit will simply be the first step in that direction. And as you already know, I can imagine, Mktvartvelian companies, as companies from other parts of the world, have started to recognize the potential of your economy and reforms, and they are interested to increase the presence in your country".

Ketevan looked back at Inna, who she slightly felt at times more an informant than an assistant, with a calm smile. "But first of all, I am interested to hear about your opinion, of course".

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2022, 06:44:14 AM »
"If you've some coffee that would be nice," Akasha said as she sat.

"I share your views that there is much to gain from a constructive and positive relationship," she continued, "the Kingdom you see today is the result of finally finding our own footing, honouring the vision of my Father, and restoring life to Clysperis. That may be an odd manner of phrasing, but as I've said before, it is those things which are dead that do not change, evolution is possible while honouring your traditions, culture and past. I can only hope that the steps we take today mark the beginings of a new friendship, a mutually beneficial partnership, and that I can provide an environment for Mktvartvelian companies to realize mutually beneficial opportunities in the Clysperi economy."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2022, 11:38:10 PM »

Ketevan waited patiently that Akasha tasted the coffee. "I understand, our nations may have different background and paths, but it's a choice that it's not strange for most of us, Ketevan replied, although she indeed found Akasha's phrasing a bit strange.

"It has been said and repeated in our country, during different stages of our recent modern history", Ketevan continued, "that periods of crisis and turmoil happen after our nation was either too motionless and self-absorben or when we tried to move forward too fast. It is needed that a nation finds its own right pace, when it can move together, without doubt but with conviction and prudence. That may sound either common sense or a platitude, of course, but while we understand that our steps may not be at the same pace -or sometimes even at the same direction-, we hope that we are indeed marching toward a more friendly understanding.

"Is our coffee of your taste?", she added with a smile after a few silent seconds.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2022, 02:41:54 AM »
A smile formed on Akasha's face upon tasting the coffee, "It is," she said before she turned her attention to the discussions at hand.

"Sadly after meeting such challenges you've the battles of perception and expectation to face and, for some, there's rarely enough that you can do to satisfy their metrics. Clysperis will never seek the approval of other states, what I do is for my People, though I look to a world where Clysperis is respected just as any other member of the community of nations. We see many attempts to ostracize entire nations and for what? To what end do we close the doors of understanding and cooperation? I'm pleased to begin building something which looks toward the future with you here today," she said as she sipped again.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2022, 12:38:39 AM »

"It is probably inevitable that it will be important differences of opinion and even conflict of interests between our nations", Ketevan replied. "However, for a start, I hope our nations are able to establish today a first step toward an agreement beneficial for both sides. It is not that we are indifferent to the plight of the people in other nations, and a balanced judgement is not always easy, but I feel a more constructive approach is certainly needed. I wish, therefore, that we start to build the necessary trust between our nations for a positive relationship between us".

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2022, 09:26:06 AM »
"As am I," Akasha said with a smile. "Where do you see building trust begining?" Akasha asked.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2022, 06:49:10 PM »

"My personal experience, my own background and, of course, common sense tells me that the best way is always, as we already mentioned and as we say, to start from the wallet", Ketevan replied. "It will be good enough I a concrete and stable settlement to increase the economic ties between our nations is established or at least prepared at the end of your visit, even if we find differences in another areas. You'll have, of course, time to discuss so with your meeting with Mr. Samkharadze later in the day".

"But besides any tangible agreement of technical nature, of course", Ketevan continued, "I feel that having a permanent initiative, such as an annual meeting open to representatives, businessmen leaders, and why not, cultural agents and even the public, could be a good vehicle to promote understanding and cooperation between our nations".

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2022, 05:41:46 AM »
"Wise words indeed, I was expecting no less," Akasha said with a smile. "I believe that, through working together, we may set forth a foundation for sound economic ties between our nations while providing for avenues for increased cooperation. An annual meeting as you've proposed is an idea I would not be opposed to, and I look forward to seeing it take shape as we continue our discussions."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2022, 01:21:17 AM »

They continued their conversation for another 15 minutes. "Oh, it is about time, isn't it?", Brzdmtsveli Ketevan said with a smile. "If you are not too tired, we can move on with the agenda".

They left the palace and they were invited this time to share the same car. Face to face, Ketevan did not try to force the conversation, she allowed her assistant to explain Akasha some of the most important areas, buildings, and monuments that they could see through their travel. "Usually, our National History and Arts Museum, one of our largest and most important museums in this city and in our nation, is closed this day of the week. So I thought it may be interesting for you to pay a visit".

They stopped in front of a wide explanade, which included several gardens, with a large arc and a huge statue in the middle of the square. The National History and Arts Museum building considerably dominated the sight, along a theatre at the other side of the square. However, before that, Akasha was invited to inaugurate a new building which had recently built, which was placed at one of the sides of the squares, nearby a temple consacrated to Okron.

"The Center for Coft Aranye Studies aims to be a multidisciplinary education center", one of the assistants explained.

"I'm sure it could be interesting if Clysperis academics and writers could be able to be hired or at least visit the center", Ketevan told Akasha once the ceremony was finished.

"Indeed, Your Most High Majesty", Avtandil Gokieladze, who was introduced as Director of Education Planning in the center, replied. "It would be a honour for our institute".

"The museum is quite large, of course", Ketevan told Akasha once they were welcomed inside, "so we're just visiting the Western Wing of the museum so the visit is not too long or exhausting, naturally".

They were accompanied by two assistants, a guide and a responsible from the museum. As the museum was rather empty, besides another occasional employee they may find, their own steps could be heard instead of the usual murmurs and voices of the visitors during the rest of the days.

"The Western Wing happens to be my favourite halls of our museum", Ketevan added as they advanced. The collections included consisted in several works of arts, sculptures, diverse objects, and tapestries included, but mostly comprised of paintings and drawings from different centuries. Portraits of both historical figures, battles, or religious ceremonies and historical places, but also nature, common people and traditions, were the most common they could see.

"An unfortunate namesake", the Brzdmtsveli said, as they stood in front of a portrait, colourful but rather archaic in its forms, of Ketevan of Mtsvumi. "Sadly, she had a tragic end. Through our history, there were times where fair and just people did not always meet the fortune they deserved it. But I'd like to thing that we have left behind those turbulent and divisive times".

Ketevan looked much more like cheerful as they stood in front of a much larger painting depicting a seaside. "This one is one of my favourites", she said. "For me, it is a colourful wave, a wave of rainbow. That sea -blue, green, red, and white, all at once- feels like Spring, pure and free...It, of course, reminds me of my own childhood, as my own mother acquired this painting before that I could remember it. I donated it a few years ago. I felt everyone deserves to admire it as well".

In the next roon, they stood in front of a painting which was certainly much different than the previous ones, depicting armed horsemen attacking both men and children, as well as abducting a number of young girls wearing white clothing.

"This painting, know as 'The Rape of the Pure' is front the late 19th-century", explained the guide, "it depicts a real event, although happened almost three centuries before, of course. It was once highly controversial, but the author wished to express, both naturalistic and symbolically, the destruction of temples and human impact caused by the attacks of Abydian troops".

"The may be of a completely different nature, of course", Ketevan joked, "but both our nations have a complicated past with Abydos".

"In the next room you'll see different portraits from every Brzdmtsveli since 1704", the guide added.

"Well", Ketevan interrupted with a smile, "with just a few notable exceptions, I must say".

"Indeed, Your Most High Majesty", the guide replied.

"I hope you're not too tired", Ketavan told Akasha as their visit ended. "I'll meet you later today. I expect to find you still in a good mood then".

Akasha will be finally led to the Prime Minister's residence. The building, built under a classical architectural style, was much modern but not exactly impresive compared to the palace she could see before during the morning.

"Welcome", a female assistant wearing a military uniform told them as they arrived. "His Excellency is already waiting, Majesty. If you don't mind, follow me".

"Nice to meet you, Majesty", Prime Minister Bidzina Samkharadze told Akasha as she entered one of the building's main halls. I hope the meeting with Her Most High Majesty and your visit have been pleasant so far".

"It is a honour that you are the first foreign head of state that I had the pleasure to meet in my humble residence since I was appointed, of course", Bidzina said. "How have you found our nation during your journey?".