Author Topic: The Empire lives in our hearts (Samantra and the Allied States of Ardia)  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra

To: His Excellency, Praetor Julius Devaux

I am writing to you as President of the Duma and head of the secular government of Samantra. Our two nations shared a proud past. As a child growing up in Christian Orthodox orphanage the local nuns taught me to love the Lord and His Church, the Ardian language and respect for the Ardian Empire. It is hard to underestimate the respect we Samantrans have for the Ardian Empire and its role in bringing civilization and the word of God to all corners of Ardia and beyond.

As a Samantran I am proud that my ancestors stood side by side with the Ardian Empire in the days of the Great War Era until the very end. Their sacrifice is honored in many places in the holy kingdom including in one of our greatest cathedrals, the Cathedral of the Samantran Armed Forced, in our spiritual capital of Novyy Rim and throughout our history books.

Thanks to the people of Samantra which have entrusted me with the privilege to serve them as President of the Duma I have had the chance to move to Petrograd, the secular capital of the Holy Kingdom. Living here the city reminds me each day though its architecture of the positive influence the Ardian Empire has had on Samantra.

While we should always cherish the past we must be careful not to get trapped in it. Both the Ardian Empire and the Kingdom of Samantra no longer exist. And while I admit neither of them were perfect, I am a firm believer that the collapse of the Ardian Empire was the biggest geopolitical catastrophe of the XX-th century. It is my belief, one shared by many Samantrans, that had the Ardian Empire won the Great War the world today would have been a much better place. We would not have had the genocides in Toshikawa and Phuebra, the Soviets would have not spread their tentacles so far, Daito would never have dared to keep its colony in the Rus' world (Volhynia) until the early twenty first century and Heyra would not be today in a position to face extinction. It is with these thoughts in mind that I would like to visit the Allied States of Ardia and commemorate the victims of the Achkaerin nuclear bomb. Their deaths are a crime against humanity that must never be forgotten.

As I said, we must not be prisoners of the past so I would like to use the opportunity to also meet a representative of your government and have an exploratory meeting to see where our two countries stand today on the issues facing Mundus, what can we do to make Mundus a better and more just world and how we can cooperate towards that goal.

With the hope of a positive answer I await your reply.

With the greatest of respect,
Yeva Litvin
President of the Duma

OOC: The message is written in Ardian/Latin.