Author Topic: G.A.A and Heyra discussion  (Read 2629 times)

Offline Rayyu

• Order Of The Pen
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Rayyu
G.A.A and Heyra discussion
« on: April 13, 2022, 04:11:05 PM »
The Emir guessed that all of the G.A.A nations had received the same letter but the Emir was keen to get things moving and so had his Foreign Minister contact the various other nations involved. It would be a meeting unlikley to attract the very top members of the G.A.A but non the less it was a chance to host a significant event between nations again and so the Emir this morning donned his newly delivered Silverhills made suit and headed down to the coast. He'd selected the Coastal House as the venue, it was a place just outside the city of Rayyu and a favourite get away of the well connected in the nation.

A sign hung up showing the owners pride in his work on the place He'd found a derelict house often used as a shelter by some the Emirate's herdsman and turned it back into a beach club of national renown. Today the top floors, that gave an impressive view across the ocean, had been reserved for the meeting. As host he would naturally remain but had left instructions for his brother Prince Talaat Muhsin to make sure everyone got here safely.

Normally the Emir would have greeted his guests with the offer of drinks however it was now the middle of Ramadan and as such the Emir had clear instructions for the staff that no food or drink was to be carried through the venue in sight of the public. As each guest arrived he seated them at the long table normally used for dining and then once everyone was in place got things started. "I'd like to thank you all for coming. Its nice to have our neighbours with us as we consider an interesting proposal. Our friend from Heyra here wishes to become the first Associate member of the G.A.A. I think it in our interest to hear them out and for us to consider what actions to take, if any." The Emir took his seat next to his Foreign Minister who would handle most of the talks. Isa Taj Sultan was excited to have the chance to be the real host of these talks and get his first real taste of diplomacy. "Isa over to you." The Emir officially handed things over.

"Thank you Your Majesty" he licked his lips nervously before continuing. "So as we all no doubt realise to become an Associate member our guests here must secure the backing of the membership. It must be unanimous. If we grant them this status then they become a  preferred trading partner and thus receive reduced tariffs on a reciprocal arrangement. Perhaps then you'd care to begin with telling us why you feel your connected to the Gulf?" The question was addressed to the Heyrans.

Offline Rayyu

• Order Of The Pen
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
Re: G.A.A and Heyra discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2022, 10:33:31 PM »
As they waited for the others to arrive it was a useful time to get some other business done, or so it seemed that was the intention of Anginer. " In terms of aircraft sales I'm honoured you think of us, sadly its not Rayyu the top of many people's lists when it comes to such an enterprise. "We of course would be interested in some arrangment but perhaps that can come after we determine what happens here as it could well have an impact."

As they began to talk with the others and Anginer asked for full membership it was a tricky subject.  " As far as I am concerned you are not within the Gulf region, Royal Seleucid have just the merest toe nail in it[1]. If we extend and extend the region to fit people we like to be members we end up with a situation similar to the Illumic where literally everyone wants a say in what happens there.  That though is not to say that you and your people from Elysium are not welcome to visit the Gulf whenever you wish and I for one will ensure that we work today to make sure that you're well looked after in that regard. Your stance on international trade is well documented and many of us would support a relationship between ourselves and you that builds on that. You've friends in Tamora who I know are friends with the Seleucid and therefore I think a highly successful arrangement is easily within our reach. You say Associate status would reduce potential, I don't see this as an issue. Associate status is like the foundation of a building, and what we can build can be rather impressive. You've seen the wonders the Seleucid engineers can produce yes?" the Emir teased. "What I propose is that we kind of make an arrangement that would be what I'll call Associate Plus."

The Emir paused for a moment or two. "Under my proposal you will be classed as a preferred trading partner in line with the Associate member but I think we could offer all of Section 1 of the charter to you with the exception of the total removal of tariffs overnight. I would suggest that over the next three years we gradually lower them until they either disappear entirely or become marginal. I would though state that this would only apply to Elysium and not the rest of Heyra. If you're companies wish to set up a subsidiary in Elysium then that is fine, it helps that economy which is tightly connected to our own Gulf. I would also say that Elysium's tariffs should be lower than any other territory or nation we don't have free trade arrangements with. My reason for not suggesting an immediate removal of tariffs is to help Waddan ensure its fledgling businesses are not facing potentially more experienced competition from outside the Gulf. I think this offer is exciting and fulfils the main reason you wanted in anyway."  The deal would see Elysium not automatically given security or cultural links but he suspected having seen the Heyran homelands stance on cloning using "native" DNA they weren't too bothered about cultural contact with Rayyu.
 1. When we began the GAA talks it was before the Rayyu and RS swap. Me and Dave agreed that the tiny headland on the border would give RS an in

Offline Rayyu

• Order Of The Pen
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 03:53:58 PM »
"I think that if perhaps you can't seperate off Elysium from the rest of your nation then we can't look at membership with the Gulf. What I do not want to do is open up a loophole giving anyone a foot in the door. I think we would potentially be better off simply negotiating a specific G.A.A and Heyra trade deal. There are similar arrangements between East Moreland and TUNA, and East Moreland and the CSU. This can be tailored in such a way as to protect what we want the G.A.A to be while allowing some kind of arrangement. Of course this is going to require the approval of the rest of the membership" th e Emir addressed his final few words to the others gathered around the table.

Offline Rayyu

• Order Of The Pen
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 09:41:50 PM »
The Emir had to surpress a comment when Anginer mentioned the size of population, Rayyu was just 7.5million people and so to the Emir the 13million seemed rather more large.

" I suggest that we then begin talks to put together an arrangement between Heyra and the G.A.A"

Quote from: Proposed Treaty

Recognising that the territory of Elysium gives Heyra a unique connection to Midaranye

Determined to work with other nations to raise the prosperity for all

Hopeful that by following this treaty all nations can improve trade and diplomacy

The nations of the G.A.A and Heyra agree to the following conditions.

1. All members agree to the following trade agreements.

a) All materials gathered in either Heyra or G.A.A member nations may be traded tarriff free so long as they remain unprocessed.
b) All materials gathered outside either Heyra or G.A.A member nations shall be required to pay a tariff once they reach a nation that the gathering nation would normally pay tariffs in.
c) All materials that have been processed in either Heyra or G.A.A member nation shall be traded tariff free.
d) All materials that have been processed outside either Heyra or G.A.A member nations but enter the region shall be eligible for tariffs at the first border they reach where the processing nation would normally pay tariffs.
e) Companies must abide by all local rules governing health and safety.
f) Companies must abide by all local laws governing prohibited materials and substances.
g) Companies must pay local taxes at the same rate as local companies

2. All parties agree that they shall not engage in any practice that is aimed at damaging the economy of another party.

3. All parties agree that they shall allow visa free travel for 21 days if an individual is invited by a business. An individual may utilise visa free travel on three occasions during a calendar year after which time they must apply for either an extension or a new visa.

4. All parties agree that they shall ensure they maintain active embassies between them.

5. All parties agree that ambassadors will present themselves before a Head of State within 24 hours of a written request.

Offline Rayyu

• Order Of The Pen
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2023, 08:33:30 PM »
The Emir consulted his document. "If a lump of iron is removed from Heyran soil and brought to Rayyu, then the ore may be brought to Rayyu tarrif free, if though that ore has been smelted into Steel in Heyra it too shall be tariff free, if that steel is then used to make a car, that too will be tariff free. If however at any stage another nation is involved then you pay a tariff once it reaches the first GAA border. Once over that internal transfers within the GAA shall not incur any tariffs. I hope that clears up your question." he paused for a moment. "Now as for an ambassador there is no standing body of the G.A.A unlike things like SUN or the CNN. With that in mind having an ambassador attached is not really going to be useful for you. What I would suggest instead is that we have an envoy from Heyra based in Rayyu who shall be given any reports made by the G.A.A and will meet annually with representatives of each nation. If and when talks relevant to Heyra take place then of course I would invite him to attend and hope that my co-heads of state from the Gulf accept."

"The Raccoon was little more than my father's vanity project" the Emir began, "His desire to out shine others while hoping perhaps to get involved in some space projects on the cheap. We have four of them but they are not in production at the moment. Is there a particular thing you wish to know?"

Offline Rayyu

• Order Of The Pen
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2023, 09:28:13 PM »
The Emir was not too pleased with how Heyra believed they had some kind of right to impose because of investments, he however also recognised that building good relations could be useful and so thought how best to speak diplomatically. "And nobody wishes to see you put aside." He began, "What we want is you to be able to be a valued friend but sometimes people belong to many different circles of friendship and while you hope that they all get along there will be moments when one circle is kept seperate to another. We have committed to you having an envoy and we would agree that you can attend meetings unless two members object to your attendance. After all the residents of the Gulf will be the people who know it best and ultimately are blessed to enjoy it. As for the Raccoon then if you have someone silly enough to manufacture it I am sure we can find a licence arrangement, however we would want some long term income from it to make up for the short fall from us not making it. I would suggest that perhaps you may build it but once built all spare parts must be obtained through our providers?"