Author Topic: An Abdication and an Enthronement  (Read 3181 times)

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
An Abdication and an Enthronement
« on: August 21, 2020, 06:52:37 AM »
To whom it may concern,

With the coming abdication of His Imperial Majesty, you are hereby invited to attend the ceremony as well as the enthronement of his son, Crown Prince Arkan, as the new Emperor of the Arashin. Of course, if matters of a diplomatic sort are brought forth during this period, then the necessary accommodations can and will be made. Otherwise, meetings with the new Emperor will be permitted after the Enthronement ceremony has been completed.

Of course, housing for any and all honored dignitaries who may attend the event and the festivities the day afterwards shall be provided, with any special accommodations for a specific dignitary needing to be brought up beforehand so as to ensure that no incidents occur. Should there be any questions, they may be raised and the Imperial Household Agency will attempt to answer it as soon as it can.

Attached is a message from His Imperial Majesty:
Honored Guests,

I recognize that the last few decades have left Ikhan isolated from the rest of the world, during which time we spent reaping the benefits of our watchful peace. But in these times, it has become clear, now more than ever, that we must take an active role in global affairs. That is why I wish to personally invite you to this ceremony, a testament to the restored openness of our nation to foreign trade and to prevent injutsice from further spreading it's claws throughout the world. There are, of course, threats to peace across the globe, but only together can we preserve the lasting peace that has blessed us since the end of the Great War.

With my abdication, I shall pass the torch to my son, the Crown Prince of Ikhan, recognizing in part my own inability due to ill health and a failure to adapt to the ever-changing political climate of the globe. Already, while I was hospitalized following the attempt on my life, he has proven a capable leader of the nation and as a diplomat. Effective as of the 28th of August, he unofficially shall take the throne shortly following my own abdication. The ceremony enthroning him will be at 1:00 PM, with my own abdication taking place at 11:00 AM.

Regardless of any preexisting rivalries, prejudices, or outstanding issues, I nonetheless wish to invite you to the Imperial Palace to attend the ceremonies.
Sincerely,
Esik Vahram ve Sherkoz, Emperor of the Arashin
(Attached is the Imperial Sigil)

Once again, those who have received this message, both from Ikhan and beyond, have hereby been invited to attend the Abdication of Emperor Esik I and the Enthronement of the new Emperor.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: An Abdication and an Enthronement
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 07:22:13 AM »

Re: An Abdication And An Enthronement

The decision of abdication is one which is most difficult and weighs upon one greatly. Recognizing one's weaknesses and assessing them through the lens of what is best for one's nation, and not one's self, is a mark of honour and I believe shall serve as a testament to your continued dedication to your People. It shall be my privilege to represent the Rokkenjiman People upon this Abdication, while joining with your People in witnessing the Crown Prince ascend to the Throne.

I look forward to discussing the paths open to Ikhan and Rokkenjima with the new Emperor. While our nations have started upon a path of friendship following a period of isolation between us I firmly believe that both Rokkenjima and Ikhan have much more to explore together upon a path of mutual prosperity and cooperation. I would also be pleased to invite the new Emperor to join me in just a few week's time as a guest when I deliver the annual Imperial Address before the Imperial Diet, as the first foreign guest to be invited in such a capacity.

Injustice, instability and the inhumane are much too common in the modern era. It would bring me great joy to stand alongside Ikhan in opposing the forces of injustice and bringing to the community of nations a much needed light to guide us all through these troubled times.

In friendship;

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Arovium

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 05:29:28 PM »

To:- Emperor Esik Vahram ve Sherkoz

Let me begin by wishing you good health. I hope that once the heavy burden that you shoulder has been lifted you can find comfort.

The Kingdom of East Moreland went through a similar process as to the one you are proposing for your nation, however sadly our change of monarch was not through choice. We were until the last few months of my father's reign isolated from the world because of centuries old superstitions and an over reliance on looking out solely for ourselves. I am pleased to say that the decision made to have our Kingdom reintigarate itself into the global community has been one that has benefited all Morelanders, and I hope those in several other nations across Mundus. I look forward to attended the event and will be accompanied by my wife Queen Stasya.

In addition to attending the ceremony I would like, if convenient to remain in your nation for a few days to hopefully be able to discuss the establishment of formal relations between our nations.

May The Gods Watch Over You and Your Nation Know Peace

King David III of East Moreland

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 09:32:34 PM »

Please accept my apology for not attending in person however I believe that it is important as fellow Ardian nations that we attend this event, both to wish you well with your future health and to help your nation welcome its new Emperor. In that respect my brother Prince Lennox who serves as a kind of roving ambassador for our nation will be attending alongside my sister Cait who is also Queen of Cantabria. It is my hope that my two siblings can help bring about the dawn of better relations between yourselves and the Celtic nations of Western Ardia.

May the Road Raise Up to Meet You

King Finley of Ui Cenneslaig.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 10:18:33 PM »

One of the things that is so often underestimated is the effect to a persons wellbeing that the burden of leadership causes and there are few burdens if any that can equate to that of leading a nation, there is also no greater role for a monarch than that of serving the people of their nation. I would first like to commend you for your service as Emperor and second to wish you all the best for the future. Myself and my wife Renee will be attending the events and I look forward to the opportunity to meet the soon to be Emperor.

Signed

Emperor Peter Azurewind

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 07:37:49 PM »

Please forgive my inability to attend however with a young child to care for I am not able to commit to such ceremonies at this time. The Queendom of Lodja however will be sending King Leopold and Baron Roman Chownyk to represent us at this time.

We wish the ceremony and yourself well.

May Sessifet Bless You

Queen Klara II of Lodja

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2020, 06:23:57 PM »
- Imperial Palace, Ikan, Ikan Province, Empire of Ikhan

-28 August, 2020

-1000 Hours

The soon-to-be Emperor-Emeritus paced around the room, waiting to enter the Great Hall of the Imperial Palace as her master for the last time. A new beginning, perhaps, but also a farewell to a legacy he would shape no longer. It was time to pass on the torch, and yet... he felt hesitant to do so, as though part of him wished to go on, even though he was too weak to do so. In the meantime, he read over the speech he had prepared for this occasion, checking one last time for any mistakes and to see if there was anything else he wished to add. At the very least, it made it seem like time passed quicker than it actually did, and even though he had an hour, most of that would be spent preparing.
 "No pressure... Just a ceremony that hasn't been held since the 17th century. No pressure at all." He muttered as he paced around the room, anxious about what he was about to do. Despite it being his job, he had never taken a liking to public speaking, being rather introverted in comparison to both his father and his son. "Just... breathe. It'll be over soon enough, and then you can relax." He sighed, taking a deep breath as he continued to walk.
 "Your Lordship, it's time." A servant said with a deep bow, following it up with "If I may, your Highness, it has been an honor to serve you for these past few years."
 "Varen... You can just call me by my name, y'know. It isn't like I'm the Emperor much longer." Esik pointed out as he took a seat.
 "Not until the ceremony's over, your Lordship." The servant— Varen—said with a smile before he started helping Esik to finish his preparations. "Y'know, my son's in the Imperial Guard." He said, attempting to make small-talk with the Emperor.
 "Yeah, what about him?" Esik asked as he straightened his jacket.
 "Well, from what he's told me, he'll be serving in your so- His Highness's Honor Guard for the Enthronement later today." Varen said as he straightened Esik's hair, having noticed a few hairs that were out of place.
 "No kidding?" Esik sighed, not too surprised given that he had been assigned to his son's personal guard since 2018. "I get that we don't talk to each other like this too often, but... Isn't there something going on that you haven't told me about?"
 "Oh, plenty..." Varen said before proceeding to list off several events that had happened to him or his family in the last few weeks. Before either of them knew it, however, the time had come and Esik entered the Great Hall for the last time as Eshva of the Arashin.

-1100 Hours
The room was completely silent; the assembled delegates from across both the nation and the world had been asked to remain so for the duration of the event out of respect. After but a few minutes, the Emperor entered the room, flanked by two priests dressed in the traditional garb of the Ishitic priesthood. Both of these priests carried a single object; the Left carried a spear, it's shaft polished so that it had a mirror-like finish and bearing a small banner with an inscription in a long-disused script. The other priest carried a sword, though it was wrapped in a red, silken cloth that hid it's appearance. Before the trio reached the throne (or, at least, the one not used in the enthronement ceremony), they stopped at the family's shrine, wherein the Emperor offered a prayer to inform the gods and his ancestors of his abdication. Once this had been accomplished, he walked towards the throne for the last time, though he would not take a seat. Rather, he took a deep breath and began to speak.

"Honored guests, I thank you for your presence on this most auspicious of days, though I would be remiss if I didn't admit I wish it were under... different circumstances." He began, looking around the room for a moment. "But of course, with my deteriorating health, I understand that sometimes, the best thing to do is to step back and allow another to take over. Not since the days of the 'forgotten' Emperors of old has one of my family abdicated the throne, but now, I must begin a new chapter in the history of Clan Sherkoz, as well as for the Empire of Ikhan. I now leave the Empire in the capable hands of my son, Crown Prince Arkan— Arkan VI and formally relinquish my claim and possession of the throne." He finished before turning to one of the priests, blessing the relic, before doing the same to the other. Once this was done, the trio left the room, and only an hour remained until the new Emperor arose.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2020, 06:34:25 PM »
King David was rather glad to get out of East Moreland, the data drop in Lodja had meant they'd been fielding a lot of calls about the things contained within it and for a few days at least he'd now leave that to some of his staff. He felt sorry for the outgoing Emperor, David had relinquished his power before but that had only ever been intended to be a temporary matter and so he wasn't sure that he could consider this anything like what he'd done for a start there had been no ceremony and no public display. The historian in him felt though kind of privileged to have witnessed something so rare and he suspected upon returning home he'd get a phone call from his old tutor Marcus Merriman and so the King tried to absorb every detail.  David had no idea why but when the ceremonial weapons were brought in he found himself touching the hilt of his own long heavy cavalry sword on his hip as Morelander tradition dictated. His wife, Queen Stasya carried a thin rapier and David noticed she had no such movement to hers perhaps being Lodjain by birth she had yet to develop the bond Morelanders did for their beloved blades.

The ceremony was much shorted than he had expected, he knew with prayers, speeches and the ever flamboyant challenge ceremony the royal ceremonies back home took a great deal of time especially when Skye Maddix thought she had a captive audience. With the old Emperor seemingly now stood down David wondered what would happen next and so looked around to see if there was anyone to ask.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2020, 06:59:12 PM »
Emperor Peter sat carefully following each aspect of the ceremony every time  he went to anything like this his mind drifted back through all the other coronations he'd been to throughout his reign, Klara's, Viktoriya's, Vincenzo's, Daniele's to name a few and he always ended up going back to his own all those years ago, it had been the usual fair back then, walk in, take the oath's, receive the various crown jewels, get crowned and then give the first Covenant Address of his reign. He glanced sideways at his wife Renee and smiled. It did leave an air of intrigue as to what was to come.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2020, 07:23:32 PM »
Empress Evanthe remained silent as she witnessed the ceremony and absorbed the events around her. She noticed her colleagues present, such as King David and Emperor Peter, giving a small wave to the Emperor when their eyes crossed for a moment. Due to the "issues" her cousin had it was rare for the Monarchs of Rokkenjima, Achkaerin and East Moreland to be gathered under one roof without the specter of tension hovering above them.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2020, 05:35:37 AM »
-1230 Hours
The fact that the abdication ceremony itself was so short was by design, given that the last abdication of an Arashin Emperor had been in the mid-18th century and the procedure for it had largely been forgotten. Of course, it was also partly because Esik had wished for as quiet of an exit from the office as was possible, this being the route for it. Soon after he had left alongside his entourage, the guests would be ushered into a different room, separate to the chamber in which the next ceremony was to take place.
             "Twelve-thirty... Just thirty minutes to go." One of the guests muttered, watching the hall across the ways for the beginning of the ceremony. Others chatted among themselves, eagerly awaiting the beginning of a new era for the nation and her people. Dignitaries from across the Empire and Mundus as a whole under a single roof... Such an occurrence wasn't too common, but then again, neither was this ceremony. Then, a bell rang, and a procession of men and women entered the main hall (not to be confused with the great hall from before), led by the Prime Minister, Ashot Ekhral, followed by members of the Supreme Court and both houses of the National Assembly. As each approached the entryway, they would bow before entering.
             "If it pleases your lordships, I enter into the place of the Ancestors of Clan Sherkoz." Ashot said before entering, a reverent tone carried in his voice through the hall. Outside, ornamental banners fluttered in the wind. Opposite to the group were men wearing armor, clearly ceremonial due to their gold-finish, save but for a few. One might've recognized their faces as having been in the Emperor-emeritus'es entourage from the previous ceremony, though they didn't carry the artifacts anymore. Rather, they were carried by these armored men, waiting for their lord to be ready. Flanking each side of the chamber as well as it's main entrance were guards dressed in similar armor, though they were far less ornamental than the others. In a way, it was as though, despite the few who wore modern clothing, those who had come here had stepped back in time to an age before this one, centuries ago. All eyes were fixed upon the throne, majestic as it was even with the veil covering it. Now, all that was left was to bring about the new era.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2020, 09:15:43 PM »
David considered how this part of the ceremony wouldn't have looked too out of place in East Moreland. During his own coronation there had been men in armour and the Coronation even saw a "champion" of the King calling for people, sword in hand, to challenge the monarchs claim. Naturally it was all theatre but it was a throw back to the heritage of East Moreland where a kind of chivalric code was still held in high regard. At that moment David rather wished he had brought his 7 year old daughter, Rhiannon, with him as she would have loved the view of the men in armour just as she had grown to love the annual visits of the "Vikings" from Nya Aland during the festival of sail. He considered for a moment taking a picture on his phone but then didn't as he knew he'd be pretty annoyed had someone interrupted his own coronation with a camera flash and so he simply sat trying to absorb as much to his memory as possible.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2020, 04:39:29 PM »
Grand Duke Henri-Alexander always found it exciting to be present during these rather elaborate coronation coronation ceremonies filled with culture, traditions and transitioning between the old and the new, considering Lionbourg's sovereign Grand Dukes have never been crowned. Instead, the sovereign is enthroned at a simple ceremony held in the nation's parliament at the beginning of his or her reign to take an oath of loyalty to the state constitution as required by the constitution. The sovereign then attends a solemn mass at the local cathedral, and no crown or other regalia exists either.

Alongside his wife, Grand Duchess Maria Theresa, he simply sat there and absorbed as much of the impressions and atmosphere as possible. Naturally, he was keen on getting to know the new ruler as the old one stepped down in favour of him and a newer generation taking the lead. In Lionbourg, it was a tradition for the reigning monarch to relinquish the daily decision-makery to the heir and designate him or her as the regent, whilst the former retained the head of state title; Henri had already been the de facto ruler since 2000 and undertook much of the formal duties for 19 years until his father's death.

The Grand Ducal couple made their presence known beforehand towards the other monarchs, looking forward to be mingling with them as well.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2020, 08:35:08 PM »
The Celtic siblings of the Cenneg Prince Lennox and the Cantabrian Queen Cait had attended countless ceremonies in their lives. Each was slightly different but both agreed this was far more solemn than anything in their nations. In Ui Cenneslaig any ceremony involved barrels of whiskey, games and of course bagpipes. That however didn't mean the siblings weren't interested to see what was going to happen and at least they knew the Morelanders. Cait was hopefully of catching a word not just with their hosts but also the Morelander King once the ceremonial rituals were done.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2020, 05:10:47 AM »
—1300 Hours
Nearly thirty minutes later, another procession entered the hall, slowly walking towards the throne. The soon-to-be Emperor, Arkan Vahram, clad in the traditional outfit of an Arashin ruler, led the procession towards it. To each side, he was flanked by attendants and guards, all wearing black robes, though the latter were armed with swords (and undoubtedly heavier ordinance within the robes as well). Behind them, several priests of the Ishitic faith followed, reverent towards their "liege", as well as the close family of Arkan's save for the Emperor-Emeritus and Empress-Emerita.

A great silence washed over the room when they entered, broken only by the ruffling of robes as all who stood within bowed deeply. Arkan, for his part, turned to face the shrine to that most important of ancestors, the man who had established the Second Empire, Arkan I. After that had been done, he was escorted to the back of the throne by his attendants, climbing up a short set of stairs before taking his seat on the still-veiled throne. While to some, this might've seemed like the end of the ceremony, it was, in fact, far from over.

Arkan could scarcely believe that this moment had arrived. If not for the importance of the ceremony, he would most certainly be in the midst of a panic attack. The eyes of the world were now thrust upon him, waiting to hear what he had to say in his first address, not only to the state but to everyone across the globe. Now that he was on the throne, even if not official quite yet, he realized just what sort of a responsibility it was, as well as that his people now looked to him for guidance, should crisis befall the nation during his reign. With a nod, he signaled to one of his attendants that he was ready.

Slowly, they sprung into action, moving to the front of the throne and pulling the curtains aside before tying them to posts along the side. The singular beat of three drums resounded through the hall, after which the now-Emperor stood up from the throne, being handed a page containing his speech. As he did this, another attendant approached, a sword grasped in both hands for the conclusion of the ceremony.

And then, he began to speak.

"Having previously acceded to the Imperial Throne in accordance with Chapter II, Article 8 of the Constitution of Ikhan and the Special Measures on the Imperial Household law, I now perform the ceremony of enthronement at the Ikaiyan State Hall and proclaim my enthronement to those at home and abroad." He began, clearing his throat before doing so. "I deeply reflect once more that for more than twenty years upon the throne, His Majesty the Emperor-emeritus constantly prayed for the happiness of the people and for world peace, always sharing in the joys and sorrows of the people while showing compassion through his own bearing. I pledge, therefore, to act according to the Constitution and fulfill my responsibility as symbol of the state and of the unity of Ikhan, while performing my duties as head of the Senate. I, as my father before me, vow to seek the betterment of the people of Ikhan, regardless of origin or past grievance, wishing only for the happiness of the people and the peace of the world, turning therefore my thoughts to the people and standing by them." He continued, at first reflecting on his predecessor's reign before vowing to follow in his legacy.

He paused, if for a moment, considering whether he should say the next part. It was very important to him, of course, but... Was it the right time? No, it didn't matter whether it was the right time. He knew that it was finally time that someoneanyone— in his position speak up on this matter.

"But of course, I recognize that we no longer live in the times of my father, and his father before him. There are threats to our nation— to the peoples of the world— that simply cannot be ignored any longer. There are nations that practice such vile savagery against their own that simply must not be ignored. Even now, as my voice reaches millions across the world, I hear your cries. I wish to impart these few words to you: Do not despair. The misery that plagues you shall pass, and the tyrants in power shall fade away. But for them to pass, you must stand up, you must be willing to create the world you want to live in, for your children to grow old in. Though the road will be hard, I promise you that ultimately, it is one worth travelling. For so long as it is walked, the dream of liberty shall never die." He said, no doubt a surprise even to those in the press who, despite being given the first half of the speech and it's conclusion, had not been informed about this part. And then, he turned his attention to a more domestic issue, one that also troubled him,

"It is, however, wrong to speak of the ills of others while ignoring what is wrong in our nation as well. There are those who, due the policies of men such as the late Marshal Ikir, continue to suffer. Though small, the Arteski (Ardian) community within Ikhan has suffered disproportionately simply for speaking their own language or holding onto the customs of the homeland of their ancestors, ancestors who came to our lands seeking the same promise given to our own. Not all who came here from the empire came as citizens of that land, but as hopeful refugees fleeing violence and instability. That is why it is my hope that, going forwards, we can extend the promise of our ancestors to build a prosperous Ikhan not only to the Arashin, the Avosai, the Lekhaians, and Nirai, but to all who live here, to all who come seeking refuge. More than anything else, we need the compassion that our forefathers showed to the Nirai who, like the Arteski, were once our mortal foes. In time, the wounds of the past will heal and the pain of war shall be but a passing memory." He said, calling out the mistreatment of a people for the crimes of their forefathers, those who had already been punished as it was. With that, he finally reached the conclusion of his speech, saying unto the assembled guests "Nonetheless, it is my most sincere hope that our country, through our people’s wisdom and unceasing efforts, will achieve further development and contribute to the friendship and peace of the international community and the welfare and prosperity of humankind." before, in keeping with the tradition of his forebears, taking up the sword of the founder of his Dynasty, Arkan I.

The Prime Minister, Ashot, then spoke up.

"I, Ashot Ekhral, Prime Minister of the Empire of Ikhan by the grace of his Lordship, the Emperor-Emeritus, recognize your Lordship as Emperor of Ikhan. I vow, in the assembly of the Imperial Ancestors, to serve, protect, and preserve the rights of the Ikhani people and to lead Your Imperial Majesty's government until such a time as my term has expired. All hail His Imperial Majesty, Arkan VI! Long live the Emperor!" He said, ending in a shout which led to the rest of the chamber to shout various praises in the name of the new Emperor. Outside, cannonfire could be heard in salute.

And so, the new era begins...

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2020, 11:16:25 PM »
King David applauded politely as the new Emperor finished his speech before along with his wife Queen Stasya approaching the new monarch. "Emperor Arkan." The King addressed him with his new title and extended a hand. "King David of East Moreland" he introduced himself uncertain whether the new Emperor would recognise his face after all the King thought back to his own coronation and the hundreds, possibly thousands of people he had meet and seen on that day. "This is my wife Queen Stasya" he introduced her and the Queen gave a small respectful nod of the head as her name was mentioned. "I'd like to thank you for inviting us to this occasion and wish you a successful reign. I've been privledged to attend quiet a few coronations across Mundus now, a pair in Lodja, Neu Urburzis, Vaguzia, many places, there has become something of a tradition for East Moreland." Stasya had been holding a brown wrapped package. "When I became King of East Moreland my old University professor, Marcus Merriman, told me that History as a subject was most important as we learn from the mistakes of the past, mainly because we don't live long enough to make them all ourselves. He always told me when I had questions on what to do or how to handle situations I should read History. He gave me a book an original copy of a 18th Century Historians accounts of the Kings and Queens of my own nation. I always found it very useful." The King handed the packet over. "This is an illustrated original copy of an 19th Century Chronicle of Ardia that was collected by some Morelander merchant. It's sat in our libraries gaining dust for quiet a while. I hope you enjoy reading it." The King had signed the inside page "On the occasion of your coronation. May The Gods Watch Over You and Your Reign Know Peace. Best Regards the People of East Moreland." The King hoped the rather unlavish gift's nature wasn't offensive but it was rather late now. "I know you'll likely be busy but perhaps soon we can discuss some more regal matters but that can wait until your celebrations are over of course." The King once more extended a hand to the Emperor before allowing him to interact with others if he needed to.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2020, 06:59:32 AM »
Following the Morelanders came Empress Evanthe, who offered a brief bow to the new Emperor.

"Emperor Arkan, thank you again for the opportunity to be here not only with you, but your People, on this day. Rokkenjima has always wished the best for its neighbours, through peace, prosperity and stability. As evidenced by your speech there is much Rokkenjima and Ikhan share in common, both in our values and our views on global issues which, unfortunately, have been most concerning as of late. Just as we spoke with your predecessor, I look forward to speaking with you and continuing, and expanding upon, the relationship shared by our nations."

"Thus I promise that Rokkenjima shall long stand beside Ikhan as a friend, and if there should be anything you need, even if it is an ear at three in the morning Ardian Standard Time, we shall be here for you. I shall look forward to speaking with you on more specific matters as soon as the opportunity presents itself, and I've a matter or two which may be of near-term interest to you. Until then, again I thank you and wish for your long and prosperous reign."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2020, 04:45:40 AM »
Arkan would make several attempts to speak up in response to what David had to say, though he never really got the chance, in part because, despite it already being complete, he was still feeling nervous about his future. After all, despite having prepared for the moment, he certainly didn't feel that he was personally ready for the task at hand. Nonetheless, he would finally get his chance to speak after his Morelander counterpart had finished.
           "Oh, trust me, I'm sure I'll be able to find the time. If not, then... I'm sure the Minister of Foreign Affairs or Prime Minister Ekhral could find that chance." He said after a moment. "Nonetheless, thank you. My father would, no doubt, share such a sentiment about history." He said, cautiously shaking his hand as he was far less accustomed to such a display of respect being performed in that manner. "Quite a peculiar tradition, however... I must say I like it, though." He noted before turning to greet Evanthe, whom he had met before back when his father was incapacitated by his injury.

"Please, don't thank me. All I've done is sit on a throne and given a speech." Arkan responded to Evanthe's first statement. "Of course, I agree. There are certain nations which, unfortunately, promulgate the truly barbaric practice of slavery, among other injustices." He stated; though he didn't specify who it was he was speaking about, it was clear to both of them that it was in reference to Tamora. "That said, I would be more... concerned regarding the developing situation in the Mhorish... Or rather, I should say what we believe is ongoing just within the region."

"Nonetheless, I eagerly hope that the bond we form with your nation will prove strong. After all, it is in the best interests of Ikhan to seek closer ties with her neighbors, no?" He then pointed out, following it up with "May your return to Rokkenjima be both safe and comfortable." before turning back to whatever it was he was doing beforehand. It was going to be a long road ahead of him, but it was one he knew he was now ready to walk.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 07:05:29 PM by Arkan VI ve Sherkoz »

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2020, 09:19:42 AM »
The Lionbourg monarchs proceeded to extend their greetings to their newly crowned counterpart, stretching out hands for a shake and putting up sincere smiles. "Emperor Arkan, Grand Duchess Hera and I Grand Duke Henri, would like to first offer thanks and gratitude for allowing us to participate in a auspicious moment such as this one, and it'll be one to forever cherish in remembrance." Henri-Alexander began to say.

"Lionbourg and Ikhan may not be direct neighbours, but both nations are situated on the Ardian continent, and there's no shadow of doubt in admitting that we share a lot of views on the world itself and values insisting on peace and human rights, based on this wonderful speech of yours. It's our sincere hope that both Lionbourg and Ikhan may grow in friendship and cooperation over time; Our prime ministers ought to take contact with each other for political matters, but I'm confident that our great dynasties could come up with marvelous inititatives in other areas."

The Grand Duke handed over a carefully-wrapped package, thinking that it would be seen as a respectful gesture. "Despite our small size, Lionbourg is packed with a lot of history and culture, which we strive to maintain vigilantly for future generations, and one may find plentiful of useful wisdom studying the past...What you're currently holding now is a copy of the Hortus deliciarum." Henri explained briefly that it was a medieval manuscript composed by Abbess Herrad of Landsberg at the Hohenburg Abbey in Lionbourg, better known today as Mont Sainte-Odile. It was among the earliest illustrated encyclopedias written by a woman, and it took 18 yrs finishing it (1167-1185); its functioned as a pedagogical tool for young novices at the convent. The manuscript contains poems, illustrations, and music, and drew from texts by classical and Midaranye writers, including 336 illustrations, which symbolises various themes, including theological, philosophical, and literary.

Both Hera and Henri extended their hands once more. "The Grand Duchess and I would like to wish you a long and prosperous reign, and thank you so much Emperor Arkhan." They stepped aside to allow others guests to offer their respect towards the Emperor.

Philosophia et septem artes liberales (Philosophy and the Seven Liberal Arts) and Hell as illustrated in Hortus deliciarum.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 09:37:17 AM by The Young Pope »