Author Topic: The Peniche Bay Understanding - Hassfurt/Kaedwen/Lakhzovia  (Read 2939 times)

Offline Hassfurt

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Hassfurt
The Peniche Bay Understanding - Hassfurt/Kaedwen/Lakhzovia
« on: October 17, 2019, 12:43:55 PM »

AN INVITATION TO LAKHZOVIA AND KAEDWEN

Following concerns globally about the Fair Seas Concordt and also as we are aware of our three nations living reasonably peacefully together I think now would be an appropriate time for our nations to meet to discuss oppurtunities and concerns in our shared home bay. I therefore would like to invite you The Palace of the Queen In the coastal town of Finsing. Hopefully there we an grow the bonds between use while at the same time ensuring for future generation the security of our waters.

In hope of meeting soon
Queen Karin Bierman
Champion of Sandraudiga

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
Re: The Peniche Bay Understanding - Hassfurt/Kaedwen/Lakhzovia
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 02:22:29 PM »

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
of the Lakhzov Republic

The Lakhzov Republic has always taken the view that good neighbourly relations are crucial for growth, development and stability.

It is with this in mind that we welcome the initiative taken by Hassfurt in proposing a meeting to discuss mutual cooperation in the Peniche Bay region, and I am pleased to signal Lakhzovia's desire to fully engage in these talks.

May the Blessings of Emet be upon you,

Arad Irdan
Minister of Foreign Affairs

Offline Hassfurt

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 09:28:33 PM »

Legend told that the Women's Goddess Sandraudiga had created the island at Finsburg as a gift to her Champion. As such over the millenia it had been fortified, seen a mead hall, then a manor house before the rather imposing Queen's Palace that stood there today. Queen Karin would be dealing with the meeting herself as her King was away on a training duty with the Navy and it was not done to miss them or an example couldn't be set. Karin though was more than prepared for the meet. She had heard many things of this Lakhzov Republic and knew they had recently had some kind of civil war. Her King had even ended up dealing with some patrols in the Bay during those times but thankfully it kept to the West of the border.

The city of Finsburg was about a 45 minute drive from the capital and a cavalcade of cars had been laid on for the guests. They would land at Codilla then make the drive down the coast. Karin was seated in the shrine of Sandraudiga which sat on the west side of the island. She enjoyed the time here in autumn as the trees became reds and yellows. At the airport Prince Jonas would be undertaking his first official royal duty now he was officially a "man" having passed his Day of Blood ceremony. He waited nervously his duty to wait for the guests, ensure the band didn't mess up the national anthem and then ensure a car was waiting for them. He would then return to school for the last few months of his education before University beckoned. He was proud his father had entrusted him with the duty and that the Queen had not sought to give someone else the task. He waited nervously. He greeted them as they arrived and made the short walk from plane arrival to the car. "I wish you a speedy and pleasant trip" he concluded with a hand offered in friendship.

At the Palace a smartly dressed woman in a black formal military uniform appeared at the shrine. "The first guests are arrived" The Liutenant from the Women's Combat Corps informed the Queen who finished her meditations and headed inside. The Liutenant pushed open the door to the comfortable room that had been put aside for the talks. It overlooked the bridge to the mainland and the avenue of trees that lead to it. "Her Majesty Queen Karin, Champion of Sandrigua" the officer announced as the Queen walked in, smart business suit trouser bottoms splashed slightly with the mud of an autumn day.

"A pleasure to meet you." The Queen addressed the guest before taking a seat. "I trust you had a speedy trip." She inquired.

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 12:29:55 PM »
"The pleasure is all mine." responded Arad bowing in respect to the Monarch "my journey was uneventful, though I must admit I was ill prepared for how different, and beautiful your country is. I hope that these discussions could form the basis of a friendship which will see many future visitations." he smiled. "Now it is my understanding that the central agenda item for this meeting is a discussion on the equitable division and governance of the Peniche in order to ensure the continuation of good neighbourly relations. I have been charged with expressing Lakhzovia's keen interest in ensuring the stability of this vital economic resource that our countries share, as well as the hope that such discussions can be the first step in further strengthening of the regions economic and security partnerships."

Offline Hassfurt

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 07:10:15 PM »
"I would not neccessary say about an equitable division. That is a matter that the Fair Seas Concorde I think suitably covers. I think though what we need to do is ensure that we are in a position unlike that found in other waters. What I hope is that we can create a situation where the Bay is haven for merchant shipping and a beacon for environmental protection. I would like us to make a start on talks by agreeing that while we both respect the FSC in terms of EEZ's that we extend our zones outwards to 600nautical miles in terms of what we patrol. That way we ensure better coverage of patrols. Beyond this 600nautical mile limit I would like us to have a task force made up of four ships each that will act as a force to counter any situations we face.  I would also like us to both form a joint Marine Protection Area on the edge of our EEZ where they meet. An area of say 50 square km where no economical activity can take place and fishing is banned. Thus allowing fish stock to thrive."

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 09:55:49 AM »
"I believe that this is an acceptable proposal that will face little opposition in my country, as such I am happy to agree in principle to this. I believe additionally a statement of principle to the effect that the security of the Peniche Bay is a matter solely for Peniche nations would be a positive step towards opening up greater cooperation between our neighbours with whom we share the waters. Specifically Lakhzovia would prefer an exclusion of foreign naval assets and exercises within the Peniche waters, which are an affront to both regional and national sovereignty in the bay.

Would Hassfurt have any particular objection to such an affirmation?"

Offline Hassfurt

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 10:17:11 PM »
"I think this may be impossible at present" Queen Karin replied.

"The statement of the security responsibility I have no issue with. The exclusion zone however I believe could be awkward with the FSC. It is also a worry that your agreement with Rokkenjima already violates this. You agree with Empress Beatrice to grant them use of military bases. You have also an agreement to host military exercise with them from time to time. I assume then when it rotates to Lakhzovia that will see the Bay used. I think therefore while this treaty stands between Rokkenjima and you that we can not make a joint statement about what you wish. Naturally should you want to stand beside your treaty with Rokkenjima that is your business. We have no quarrel with them and have met Empress Beatrice once briefly but on unofficially. Just to have this treaty in place would then prevent us doing the same thing with say Neu Urburzis, Achkaerin or Bakkermaya for example. May I enquire the position of this accord with Rokkenjima? Is it still valid, is it being revoked?"

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2019, 01:54:34 PM »
"Please forgive my verbal clumsiness. My intention is not to suggest that either signatory to the agreement should not be permitted to invite other nations to utilise their port facilities, but rather an agreement on the principle that foreign powers should be discouraged from unilaterally utilising the Peniche for military purposes.

We would not seek a situation where any Peniche nation were prevented from exercising their sovereign right to invite allies to navigate the bay, rather it is our intention to signal that so far as anti-piracy or other policing issues are involved that the Peniche nations shall oversee it and that uninvited foreign actions in our region are not wanted."

Offline Hassfurt

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2019, 08:01:08 PM »
"You'll have to perhaps help me here." The Queen spoke, "My understanding is your recent period of military unrest in the North of your nation saw various foreign nations involved. East Moreland, Seasforth, Achkaerin and Rokkenjima by my knowledge, which I admit is not perhaps concrete. Is this arrangement with Rokkenjima one of your choice or is it one similar to the Cenneg involvement in Seleucid? My fear is we have a nation in Rokkenjima that uses phrasing to call itself a Mhorish or Illumic power, yet they are not native waters. Is this agreement you have with them just really the spread to attempt Peniche Power? These are issues I would need addressing before I could give statements supporting us taking the rights of control for the bay."

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 11:02:03 AM »
"If I may allow myself a slight indiscretion off the record. We currently have an agreement with Rokkenjima, the Pyretania-Nakim Accord which we signed out of necessity for the sake of self-preservation. At the time Rokkenjima was engaged in a sanctions regime against our nation and looked to become a long term threat to our sovereignty and security. It was after a period of rapprochement that we agreed to 'friendship' on Rokkenjima's terms.

However experience has shown the accord to be a one sided tool of Rokkenjiman imperialism, the friendship between our nations exists only so long as it remains convenient for the Rokkenjimans. This is clearly an undesirable state of affairs, and it is the long term goal of Lakhzovia to unite the nations of the Peniche and Cotf Peninsula in a regional framework which will allow all of our states to be free from the threat of imperialist interventions.

The Rokkenjiman Empire continues to talk about their valuing national sovereignty, this is a diplomatic weakness of theirs that can be exploited to weaken their global reach. The agreement of regional partners to affirm and secure regional security would be in keeping with Rokkenjima's stated values while undermining their position in our region."

Offline Hassfurt

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2019, 02:33:43 PM »
"So you feel forced into allowing them into the Bay region?" Karin asked. "May I suggest then that we instead look at perhaps organising some kind of trade agreement and for the being time some anti-piracy measures. We can not make statements saying to exclude foreign naval vessels when this has become a situation where you are unable to deliver on such a promise. It would make any measures or statements of us look weak. Imagine us stating "We do not wish foreign naval powers in our Bay, except Rokkenjima" It show that we are beholden to them for our home waters when this is not the case. I would prefer having to fight to ensure our sovereignty in the area should the need arise than having to make weak statements you would not be able to back up." Karin concluded.

Offline Hassfurt

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2019, 09:28:39 PM »
OOC-DO I assume these talks reach unconclusive outcomes with the report of Rokkenjima aircraft carriers coming to the region/