Author Topic: Fight for the Crown - OPEN RP for anyone  (Read 2517 times)

Offline Hassfurt

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Hassfurt
Fight for the Crown - OPEN RP for anyone
« on: April 11, 2020, 11:18:54 PM »

It is decreed on that on the 12th of April 2020 His Grace Duke Jonas Hoffman shall formerly challenge His Majesty King Philip for the right to wear the Crown of Heremod and represent the God on Mundus. This challenge shall take place in the square in front of the Temple of the Two Gods in the city of Codilla. The winner shall be declared once one man is rendered incapable of fighting by the other, one of them submits or death. This combat must take place at 11am and shall be presided over by Oracle of Sandraudiga. Each man is permitted to wear only a garmet designed to cover their modesty and must fight bare feet and bared knuckled. Furthermore each of the two men may be given advice during the combat by one person. The prescence of all nobles is required on pain of arrest. Furthermore we extend an offer to those across Mundus representing the community of nations to attend.

BY ORDER OF

Queen Karin of Hassfurt
Champion of Sandraudiga

The sun was already climbing into the Hassfurtian sky as King Philip rose from his sleep at the Palace of the King in Eitting. It was a small town about an hours drive away from the capital. He kissed the still sleeping Kornelia Fromm, she was the cause of his scenario. Had he not fallen for the 4th Strata woman and fathered a child with her he would have enjoyed more support, maybe make the contenders to his throne think twice. He had little care for that because Kornelia and his 6th month son were his greatest love. He loved his other children but now they were mainly adults or were made from duty not love. If his love meant no crown then that was the way. His lover awoke at his kiss and watched as he prepared his bag. It was strange as she knew what was next. No sooner had she wished him well for she was not allowed to attend the combat, she would watch the news on television which even that could not show live. Once he left almost immediate teams of servants entered the Palace and began boxing up belongings. Marking each with the contents and room they were in. They were left in place in the room. For some servents they had done this several times, old Alfed Mumbell for example having served in the Palace for 30 years had gone through this before. Should the King lose then all the belongings would be moved out and be gone, for tommorrow morning the new King would be in the Palace. If Philip was to win then as soon as the news reached them they would go and place the belongings back where they came from.  Kornelia watched as the staff were busy about her ignoring her and the child in her arms. The King's own children with the Queen were with her in the Palace in Finsing which was her residence. They had two Hannah and Madeline, the eldest of the pair being 4 years of age. They would probably not understand what had happened and things had been strained for 6 months since the birth of the new son. Philip's older children meanwhile had been shocked, his eldest son Jonas had apparently even considered challenging for the throne himself so angry about the way his father had betrayed his Strata. Philip sat silently in the car thinking over the day as he travelled with his adviser , an army friend called Richard Alanz. He would be the King's only company during the day until they knew the outcome.

Meanwhile the decree for the challenge date and time having been issued by Queen Karin she was preparing. Her two children, Hannah and Madeline had been packed off to grand-parents while the King's eldest son Jonas had been staying with her. Both prepared for the day by an early morning run followed by breakfast. The King's other two children, 16 year old Stefan and 13 year old Agatha meet the Queen and their brother for breakfast but there was little conversation. Stefan was hoping his father would win and then come to his sense and exile the Thrus(4th Strata/Rank) whore. Fire had marked her once and surely worse awaited their father unless he changed his ways. Agatha meanwhile was convinced his fate was sealed now and hoped only that he didn't get hurt when he lost. "They won't actually allow father to die will they?" Agatha asked her brother Jonas.

"There hasn't been a death in over a century" Jonas replied, "What Heremod wills Heremod will make happen though." He was rather blunt in his answer

"I hope not." Agatha picked at her cereal.

A man entered the breakfast room. It was Marcel Bartial he seemed rather more upbeat for the day. "Good morning all" he greeted them as he helped himself to a slice of toast with some marmalade. "Your Majesty, I'm to host a reception for any foreign guests arriving in the old Guildhall opposite the Temple. I suspect I may be asked what result you are hoping for. What should I inform them?" He asked. Marcel was classed as a Prince now but had served for a decade as King before having his arm broken by King Philip in a challenge. Under Hassfurt law it meant he could still call himself Prince and receive high honours with the irony of the fact that he too had transgressed since losing the crown in the same manner as Philip.

Karin thought for a moment gazing out the window. "Tell them I wish for whatever Heremod makes happen." she said dishonestly, dead down she hoped Philips skull was smashed to pulp on the cobbles of the square but she loved his children too much to say that.

After breakfast Marcel found his way to the old Guildhall at the centre of the city of Codilla. It sat directly opposite the Temple of the Two Gods forming a square with an old stone building which housed the museum of Hassfurt and on the remaining side a building which the lower half formed six arches to allow people into the square. The upper part of this building houses the accomodation of the Priests of the Dual Gods. Marcel watched as members of the The Ermwhal Guards  unit stood post checking the credentials of those allowed in, they ushered those of noble birth to the Priest accomodation where they would watch the fight through the windows. Those of foreign nationality attending would be sent into the Guildhall where Marcel stood waiting, stone cups of ale, glasses of wine and fresh juices ready to give his guests. He enjoyed a cup of dark beer as he watched. His guests would arrive, mingle then at the appointed moment he would take them down to the viewing platform erected in front of the Temple opposite them. Already the square was filling as those permitted to watch live were squeezing in, each archway reserved for a Strata and their numbers measured, meanwhile the sixth entrance was the one the The Ermwhal Guards  stood nervous to make a good impression of any foreign visitor.

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: Fight for the Crown - OPEN RP for anyone
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 11:49:43 PM »
There was a buzz on the intercom as Rebecca Jarretts voice seconds later filled the speaker. "Your Highness, Her Grace Archduchess Flying Officer Harrison-Ironside is here to see you."

Freya shook her head chuckling to herself as she pressed the button down, "Sophie, you mean Sophie is here. Don't make us need THE talk again." Freya waited a few seconds and the door was pushed open and Sophie walked in still dressed in her REMAF blue uniform. "Thanks Sophie for coming, take a seat. No Bandit with you?" Freya enquired about Sophie's K-9 partner for her role as a Force Protection Officer in the Air Force.

"Nah, he's in the kennels relaxing. Pretty much what I'd planned for the day until you called." Sophie had taken a seat opposite her auntie who sat in the Kings large black leather seat. "So what can I do for you?"

"I'm sending you to Hassfurt. They've got some coronation deal going on but its a little different it involves a fight and you know what their like about hair and eye colour. You're blonde but no blue eyes so your ranked No.2 which is good enough to get you through the front door. These Hassfurtians like a good scrap so I'm sending Rollo with you and you're both to wear uniform."

"Hang on" Sophie protested, "I haven't said yes to going yet and who says I want Rollo with me." She didn't actually mind, Rollo was coming to the end of his national service in the Army and unlike Sophie he had no intention on extending his service and was planning on returning to rugby. What with the world cup and their service commitments they'd had very little chance to meet up recently. "Beside, you're blonde and blued eyed so that makes you even more fitting than me."

"Yes I'm very aware I am top of the gene pool, prime grade human being in everyway" Freya and Sophie laughed, "But we've Dave off porking his way around Mundus on Honeymoon, stuff going down the opposite side of Mundus, some satellite bs going on and who knows when Rokkenjima will attempt to invade the Illumic again. In short I'm a busy woman and you hold a royal commission as an officer in the Air Force which as a royal means I own you. Beside having some 6ft 10 inch tall beast stood next to you will make us look hard as nails" Freya slid across a letter. "If they ask that's a formal letter naming you our representative and giving you access to the old Ironside One."

"I was hoping to try the new one out" Sophie pouted. "I assume that's in Lodja?" Freya simply nodded. "I'll ring Rollo and tell him we're going and to get to the barracks."

"He's already on his way. Rotar 1 is picking him up from Keepton. You've probably enough time to pack some pants and say hello to Alex" Sophie picked up the letter gave a mocking salute and headed out. She hated the diplomatic side of being an Ironside but it was now something she was getting used to. She swung by the suite where Alex and Freya stayed when they were in the Palace and had a quick ten minute catch up with Alex Redfern, Freya's husband to get the gossip of what he knew about Hassfurt before grabbing an overnight bag with a variety of options of outfit, casual, party dress, ballgown and as Freya had suggested a change of underwear. Her bag packed she made her way to the barracks where Rollo was already onboard the old Ironside One. The pair made a slightly visually odd couple, both athletic and Sophie was tall for a woman, however Rollo still stood almost a foot taller than her, when he hugged her it was like watching a bear scoop up its prey.

Thankfully the flight was short and the East Moreland embassy had sent the Ambassador's car to take them to the venue. "So let me check I understand this." Rollo asked as the car pulled up at the archways. "This would be like King David fighting say me for the throne?"

"Yes.....only you'd not get a chance to take part as it involves writing a letter and no one can read your handwriting. They'd think a five year old wanted to be King." Without another word Sophie exited the car merely to watch her boyfriend effectively have to unfold himself out the rear of the car. She took hold of his hand and made her way over to the arch they'd been sent towards. "Good Morning" she removed the letter Freya had given her from her pocket. "I'm Archduchess Sophie Harrison-Ironside of East Moreland, this is my companion 2nd Lieutenant McAllister." she gestured to the giant blonde headed bear next to her. Once through the archway they took a few moments to look around the square, "Wouldn't look out of place in Northfort" Sophie mused as she noted the way up to the Guildhall. She remembered Redfern's briefing about the weird Hassfurt royal family which in fact didn't really seem like a single family he had however mentioned the man who was welcoming her. "Good Morning Your Highness" she bowed slightly making sure not to tangle herself in her sword while Rollo did the same. "My uncle, King David, I am sure would have liked to attend as he has a deep interest in traditions of other nations. He is however off on his Honeymoon and couldn't get back in time from when the invite was issued. We're honoured to be here though, although a little confused as to what will happen."

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 12:12:19 AM »
Coronations must be this seasons fad, first there had been the one in East Moreland and now their neighbours Hassfurt. It was clear however they would be very different as the East Moreland one had merely been symbolic of the need for a fight, here across the Alps it was clear they were going to actually have one. Normally Queen Klara would have attended however Hassfurt's rather strange Strata system made that awkward, she would be considered 2nd Rank and therefore as the physical body of the Goddess Sessifets spirt that could not be accepted. Add to that the fact that she was the size of a baby elephant and due to give birth any day now it was naturally not going to be an event she could attend. With that in mind and with the likely chance of them meeting a new monarch it was important to work out who to send and after much thought a decision was made. Princess Anfisa usually spent her time at either the CNN or Council of Albion buildings however today it was nice to get out of the office so to speak. She was the grand-daughter of Queen Sonya, but while Lodjain monarchy was non-heriditary and she had no ties to the current Queen via blood it was tradition that three generations of the Queen's descendents could use the title and so Anfisa found herself lumbered with the title which consigned her in many ways to a life of service. She had drawn the card to attend this by the luck of her birth and the blonde hair and blue eyes she'd been blessed with. She was not alone on the occasion, the Queen had seen fit to send her with company and had selected Makar Ivanov he was not only an "Ermwahl" but he was also a Lt-Col in the Lodjain military, a Sheriff of a significant Lodjain city AND the younger brother of the nations Lord of the Conclave, arguably the 2nd most influential person in Lodja. Klara had been certain the pair would be of high enough status to not send offence but also their physical appearence wouldn't leave them being dismissed as lesser should the hosts get snooty.

The pair had made their way through the allocated archway with little issue, the plain blue sweeping dress Anfisa wore would indicate to anyone who knew anything about Lodja that she was a royal and the officers uniform worn by Makar carried enough gravitas of rank to hopefully impress. They made their way next into the hall where they were instructed to gather. Anfisa was rather pleased to see the Archduchess here, they'd meet once or twice before but never really more than just small talk in passing. Naturally it was only polite to introduce themselves to the host first. "Prince Marcel, its a pleasure to meet you" She said before introducing Makar who extended a hand. "I'd like to first pass my Queen's apologise on, she would have liked to meet your monarchs but her rather happy excuse is she is due to give birth any day soon and as much as you have a beautiful country I don't think Queen Klara would want a Prince of Lodja born here." she hoped the host understood.

Offline badlegoblox

• Microstate
    • View Profile
    • Ubrriekland Factbook
  • Your Nation: Ubrriekland
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 10:58:44 AM »
Road to Hassfurt from East Morelander
Sabrina Siegbert Wägner

"Damn" muttered sabrina as he look over the file. she hope to make it fast and not late, after all unlike in east moreland, the hassfurt "coronation" event for lack of more proper word in Ubrriek language, put it simply will be bloody.

"i doubt it will end nice and fine, there will be blood and worse death of the old king."
she spoke quietly to herself, just in case the car have ear. The empire cant afford to yet antagonize the hassfurt.
Sabrina herself as a chosen to attend this by the high lord himself cant protest because of the country "outdated" caste system. after all she is a blonde long haired with coincidentally a blue eyes, and that make it perfect for her to go there. with her is a partner to advice or actually more to control her, for her partner is an agent of the imperial hand itself and his true "role" is a secret to the world and to herself.

"so what are you gonna do there?"
"that a secret, miss Sabrina." said the blonde haired man.
"fine, but tell me what i need to do."
He smiled and said, "call me karl as of now, all you need to do attend and gain favour to the new reigning monarch"
"and if i failed?"
"then that all your job need to do"

Heavy responsibilities she thought, after all failing hand order always end with a her career ending and it still the best outcome. and in she hoping that the old king will win this, have a good chance to with the old one than the new one that too chained to their old caste system after all. the road is long and first they need to arrive not late. and it seem the first objective is achieved.

as they arrive and lead to the guildhall she and her partner bow and introduces themselves,
"We are the herald of the Emperor of Ubrriekland, while our emperor would like it to come himself there is an emergency as of yet and we hope you would understand our reasons."

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 08:32:41 PM »
Princess Cerys Azurewind wasn't used to overseas duties yet, she'd barely been introduced to the diplomatic responsibilities of the Achkaerinese Royals. She'd not expected to end up with this trip but with the other royals elsewhere she'd gotten the gig, though her appearance placing her firmly within the top two strata probably had something to do with it as well. She was joined by her cousin George Whitaker, he wasn't a royal but was a noble. He was also much more excited about the prospect of watching what was essentially a duel decide who got to be a ruler.

When they arrived Cerys led the way to the welcoming committee, it helped that she could recognize the Morelander's by sight so it gave her an indication of where they had to go. She presented herself to the welcoming committee.
"Your Royal Highness." Cerys said addressing the Hassfurtians "I'm Princess Cerys Azurewind from Achkaerin this is my cousin Sir George Whitaker. It's a pleasure to be here to witness today's events."

Offline Hassfurt

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Hassfurt
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 10:13:57 PM »
"Three.....just three measly nations" Marcel mused to himself. The former King was hope that there would have been more to visit the ceremony. It was the ceremony to establish for the next 10 years the person who perhaps could most shape the policy of the nation with others in the community. The Prince believed it may have to do with their strict way of imposing their faith on everyday scenarios but perhaps it was just as the nation was happy to previously keep out of the squabbles and misdemeanors of the whole of Mundus. As the Morelanders arrived he was most pleased, the Western next door neighbours had long been seperate to them and this was a good chance to begin to build a bridge between them. He knew of Archduchess Sophie naturally from the media but it was more the giant Rollo if the young man had been from Hassfurt he would perhaps one day be King as he truly looked strong enough. "Archduchess, Mr.MacAllister." Marcel extended a hand to each and then lifts a glass of wine off a silver tray and hands it them. "Please tell your uncle" He spoke with Sophie, "Congratulations on his new wife and Queen. The confusion over our monarchs here meant we had the inability to send someone." He hoped they understood.

Next he left them to enjoy their wine when the Lodjains walked in. As a nation he knew less about these apart from the knowledge they were friends with East Moreland. He was happy to meet the Princess and impressed with the high ranking military officer. Hassfurt respected military prowess and clearly to be such a high up rank meant this man must carry some great authority in his homeland. "Princess we are delighted to meet with you." he handed the drinks once more. "may I ask if you two are together or just diplomats assigned to the same visit?" he was a fan of gossip and so was interested to know the relation.

The final arrival was that of Ubriekkland. "Sir, Madam" he greeted the blonde haired woman first before turning to the man. "It's an honour to greet, the Herald of your Empire." he handed likewise them drinks and then went to make sure everyone was introduced. "I'm afraid we must wait a little while before the event begins. Both men must be given a chance to call upon the God Heremod and ask for his blessings in the combat." he recalled the day he had undergone this and the nervous knots in his stomach. "They will probably now both be within the city." As if on practiced note a cheer came from a few streets away.

Duke Jonas and his entourage had entered the gatehouse of the old city. It meant they were several streets away making their way slowly through the crowd on feet. Some youngsters wanted to get high fives from the Duke whom the majority of the people wished to see victorious. They did not approve of King Philip and the way he had treated the belovely Queen Karin. Jonas was dressed in loose fitting woolen trousers with a t-shirt and tracksuit top. He was accompanied by several friends who helped him push the way towards the square. He stood and spoke with a few people before reaching the archway which allowed some of the crowd into the square where the fighting would commence. As Duke Jonas walked into the square his companions except for a closest friend were halted from their progress they shook the Duke's hand and wished him well heading back to the crowds.

From the next direction some feint cheers but also boo's came as King Philip accompanied by some military friends approached. He was wearing a pair of long shorts and just a half zipped tracksuit. He had his long hair tied into a knot at the base of his neck. He was waved through with just a fellow officer from the navy accompanying him. The pair stood in opposite corners of the square and prepared. As the city clocktower counted down towards the annointed hour. As the final minute ticked the doors of the Temple of the Two Gods opened and the clergy and royals exited and people began to take their seats. Marcel escorted the guest to their seats that have the best view of the incident. The Queen and other royals came to sit with them. "I am excited that you have come." Queen Karin addressed them all. "I hope once this matter is out the way we can discuss our nations more. For now I pray the Goddess Sandraudiga will give us their choice for King." She would have added that she was hoping for a new King but figured that may not be diplomatic.

The two combatants had now stripped away their attire until they both stood in just a pair of white shorts the size of swimming trunks. "The two men gathered here before you" The Oracle of Sandraudiga addressed everyone. "Are in dispute for the Crown of Heremod. Only one is the true Champion of the God and he will indicate his determination by granting them victory. King Philip do you wish to retain your crown." the Oracle asked and the King declared his intent to remain. "Duke Jonas Hoffman, do you claim to be Heremod's true champion?" The Duke gave his affirmation that he did and the Oracle waved both men towards him within the square. The Oracle gave instructions of what would happen that was audible to the guests and royals. "The fight is until we have a winner. No time outs, no stopping, no weapons, no biting and no hits to the privates. May the God give the champion victory." and with that he instructed them to take a step back each before blowing a whistle.

The men circled each other caution, Philip was the bigger man but not by so much. Each flicked out the odd punch towards the others face with bare knuckles but failed to find the range. Philip broke with this pattern by launching a kick at the thigh of Jonas and the thunderous smack echoed around the square. Jonas spun away but kept his feet and swung a left fist at the face of Philip, the blow glancing off the top of his skull. Both men traded lefts, rights and kicks but no advantage came. Philip moved in grabbing the neck of Jonas and pulling him inward but Jonas grabbed the long hair of the King and pulled it backwards and as such forced the Kings control away from him. Jonas was able to squirm to a point where he could hit Philip hard under the ribs and heard the sound of air rushing out. Philip though smashed an elbow into the side of Jonas face and the pair seperated. Philip held his ribs and breathed hard trying to fill his lungs with air as Jonas tried to shake the ringing from his ears. They once more circled and traded blows, Philip smashing one blow into Jonas lip bursting it and smearing blood across the face. Jonas staggered backwards and fell to one knee. Philip raised an arm as though victorious and regretted it as Jonas lunged forward grabbing his legs and tripping him to the stone cobble floor. Jonas mounted the man and began to rain blows at him over and over but Philip raised the hands and absorbed them over and over before taking hold of one incoming blow. The pair then rolled over and over each gaining supremecy on the ground until Philip had Jonas by the throat in his giant hand. Jonas could feel himself begin to struggle to breath but frantically pushed his knees up trying to seperate himself from Philip at first it did not work and as Jonas tried to use a free arm to claw at the face of the King he found a thumb to jab in the man's eye. Philip gave a below of pain and his grip let loose. With a short thrust Jonas smashed his forehead into the bridge of his opponents nose breaking it hard. Jonas did not stop there he pushed the King to one side smashing an elbow into Philip's throat making him gasp for air. His nose broke and gasping for air Jonas took hold of Philips skull and began to smash it backwards onto the cobbles several times. The stone saw a smear of red as Jonas smashed again two more times. Philip gave a fient swipe with his hand but a fifth slam rendered him still. The Oracle stepped forward and called a halt looking down at Philip he motioned that the King was clearly unconscious and the crowd cheered thankful the King they did not like was defeated. A crowd gathered around Jonas leaving Philip to be tended to by just the naval officer who followed with him who waved for those left at the arch to follow in as they began to try and care for their injured friend.

Queen Karin stood and left her seat in the crowd descending to the cobbled stone square where people from the army pushed a passage. The Oracle had gathered the crown from an assistant and handed it to Karin. A battered and sweat covered Jonas knelt before her and Karin placed it carefully on his head before helping him to his feet and kissing both his cheeks. "Be joyous. Heremod has selected his Champion. Long live King Jonas." the crowd repeated the final words over and over in celebratory fashion.

Marcel meanwhile turned to the others, "I trust you are not too shocked" Marcel smiled, he remembered how he was defeated and was pleased Philip had now suffered. "We shall retire for a time, a chance to discuss the show before meeting the new King and the Queen Karin." He escorted them back into the Guildhall while Philip was carried away on a stretcher.

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2020, 09:51:25 PM »
Sophie was not really a fan of combat sports and so wasn't particularly looking forward to the spectacle, she'd have much preferred to have seen some great symbolic ceremony but it seemed that when the Hassfurtians had said "fight" they clearly meant it. Rollo meanwhile was less concerned, after all he'd been in a scrap or two during his rugby career. It was clear though who the crowd wanted to win and Sophie wondered just what would happen if King Philip won. What surprised both of them however was the brutality, the chokes, the eye gouge were both bad enough but then the way Jonas literally bounced his opponents skull off the ground repeatedly was un-nerving. "You think he's dead?" Sophie whispered to Rollo.

"Nah, but he's gonna be a mess." Rollo mused as he watched the former King being tended to. He'd had a few concussions in his life but none as vicious as Philip was likely to have, it would probably be a life changing one in many ways. "Come on" he pulled on Sophie's hand, "Time for you to be diplomatic."

Sophie sighed, she knew it was a role she'd have to do repeatedly through her life, but with luck most of her jobs would end up going to Rhiannon or any of the PRincesses siblings that came along now David was married again. The Archduchess approached Marcel. "If I'm honest it was rather more brutal than I was expecting. I think I was more expecting some kind of normal MMA or boxing match." She tried to smile a little to show she was trying to be light hearted, "What happens to Philip now? I mean once he recovers." Hassfurt had a rather unique system of maintaining its monarchy and obviously Marcel knew what the process was first hand so was probably a good person to ask, but then Sophie wondered whether he may be upset recalling his own defeat, "if you don't mind explaining that is." Sophie added offering their host a way out of what could potentially be an embarrassing story.