Author Topic: The Regency  (Read 1946 times)

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Revana
The Regency
« on: September 18, 2021, 08:49:46 PM »
Reconstruction and restructuring

Evelyn Wesley sat at the long table of the Council of Ten chamber, shifting uncomfortably in the chair at the head of the table. It was her first day after her coronation as High Regent of Revana and signing the agreement with Serenity and she was still getting all of her affairs in order. She looked around the table at everyone that had arrived, most of the council had already been ready for a meeting at any moment, however a few were still missing, having moved out to the country for a safety. There were also a few additions to the table that weren't officially council members, these being Serenity's Liaison Sarah Evans who was here to observe and keep the Queen updated on all of the council's doings, and Aperture Director Lance Alan who was here on request of Evelyn.

As the clock on the mantle chimed seven in the morning, Evelyn cleared her throat and stood up, picking up a control and turning on a projector on the other side of the room of a set of slides.

"Good Morning everybody. As you all know, I have taken over responsibility for Revana from the Queen, and while she did an excellent job at not letting the nation tear itself apart, I intend to completely calm it and make it even better than ever. We have eleven years until Princess Astrid turns 16 and takes over, and I intend to leave her with a Revana that is more prosperous and technologically advanced than it has ever been. As such, I intend to completely rework our Military, revamp our Industry, and much more." She took a breath from her opening statement and took a drink before glancing around at the individuals at the table, and then she began giving every member there an assignment specifically set up for that person.

"Lord Minister Marxson, you will work with the new Vice Commandant on the military restructure. With the desertions and loses, the military can no longer sustain the massive legions it has been using, as such they will be shrunk down and condensed into 4 smaller Legions of 10,000 each. Any leftover troops not part of a Legion will then either be put into Reserves, or if they can pass the tests, will begin training as an SC. The SCs will be expanded as well. The exact makeup of the SCs will now be classified and Lieutenant Evans will assist in setting up an advanced training regiment to help them become as skilled as any spec ops force in Mundus." Marxson nodded as he received his orders, writing them down on his pad.

"Lord Minsters Daro, Arnaxia, and Rayne will work together to rebuild the region of Tal'Ocia and develop the city of Haven into a new tourist city with a much lower crime rate. After this is done, I want a complete rebuild of the Uranium Infrastructure in Elec. Lastly, I want a new Air Force Base setup in the south of Tal'Arya. Once that is complete, we'll start bringing the Air Force up to scratch and make it into it's own branch outside of the Army." The three ministers nodded and began whispering to each other in their corner of the table.

"Lastly, Doctor Alan, I will be modifying the contract between the Government and your company. We will be directing more funds from multiple branches of the Government to Aperture. With these funds I want you to begin researching ways to advance everything you can think of. I want a space branch of Aperture, an infrastructure branch, i want you to begin researching a 5th generation multirole fighter for our new Air Force. Upgrade the Pathfinder armor of the SCs. Anything that you think can make Revana even better on the world stage, I want you to do it. Think you can?"

"Yes, Lady Regent. It won't be easy, but I look forward to the challenge." Lance Alan responded, looking Evelyn in the eyes.

"Very well. That'll be everything for today. I'll be in my office getting some more set up, please don't hesitate to get ahold of me if you need anything." Evelyn said, nodding to everyone as they all began filing out of the room.