Author Topic: An Enquiry About the Southern Ocean Initiative  (Read 1984 times)

Offline SamsNation

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samarova
An Enquiry About the Southern Ocean Initiative
« on: August 05, 2023, 10:47:56 PM »

Addressed to

His Majesty King Aldwin VI of Weißenwald
His Majesty King Đurađ IV of Drenova
His Excellency President Sigmund Haugen of Holmvik

It is my understanding that recently your three nations have meet to discuss the formation of some kind of body to undertake scientific research in the southern ocean. If I am correct about this meeting then I applaud the aims of it, if I however am misinformed please forgive my ignorance and forwardness.

The Republic of Samoslavia should long ago have forged better friendships with our neighbours and the fields of science are an excellent way to begin this. I would appreciate if possible being able to learn what agreements were made in regards to scientific research and if possible discuss the potential admission of the Republic to any agreement that was made.

I look forward in hope of a positive outcome.

Best Regards

His Excellency Field Marshall Oto Krall

Offline Snow

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Snowforest Valley
Re: An Enquiry About the Southern Ocean Initiative
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 10:49:09 PM »

To: Field Marshall Krall

As far as the Southern Ociean Initiative is concerned the following was agreed by the three founding nations.

Quote from: Existing Agreement

The nations of Drenovia, Holmvik and Weißenwald have today agreed to form the Southern Ocean Initiative.

1. The aims of the SOI are to further knowledge and understanding of the deep seas. In order to achieve this the SOI will establish a network of manned and unmanned research methods.

2. The SOI shall establish a fibre optic network of cables across the Eastern hemisphere of the Southern Ocean. This cable network will have a minimum of 100 automated nodes capable of monitoring a variety of data.

3. Each nation will be able to freely access the data of each node at any time they wish. It is permissible that the nation permits any organisation based within their nation to have access to the system.

4. The SOI will be equally funded by all three members.

5. All items used in the construction of the network and its maintenance will be sourced from within the three nations as far as possible.

6. The maintenance of the system will be carried out by the nation closest to the section of cable and nodes that requires it. The financing of this maintainence will be equally shared by the nations.

7. The nations shall agree that they will not give any nation not directly named within this document access to the system without the prior agreement of the other member nation.

8. All nations agree that before any changes can be made to the system once constructed all parties must agree.

As Article 8 states all nations must agree before any changes can be made to the agreement. I would support amendments to this by adding Article 9 to state "Any non-founding members must be unanimously supported and prior to becoming part of the treaty must reimburse existing members an equal share of the finances spent to establish the system. Once this has been done the charter shall automatically be amended to reflect the current number of member nations."

Should this proposal be accepted by the existing membership and then yourself then I would welcome your admission to the SOI. Should either Holmvik or Drenovia have other plans or suggestions I am more than happy to meet in person to flesh out this arrangement.

Best Regards

King Aldwin VI of Weißenwald

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 08:56:45 PM »

To Field Marshall Krall

Having heard of the proposal put forward by King Aldwin we agree with their proposal. Should you be willing to accept those conditions put forward then we are more than happy to welcome you as a member of the initiative. If however you would prefer to negotiate the agreement then we believe this would take a meeting between government representatives. I look forward to hearing your decision.

Best Wishes

King Đurađ IV

Offline Holmvik

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Holmvik
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2023, 09:08:03 PM »

Having reflected on the request from the nation of Samoslavia and the proposals put forward by King Aldwin the Republic of Holmvik are more than happy to welcome Samoslavia into the SOI fold on condition that they accept the proposal put forward. Should this happen I am delighted to see the project growing and look forward to seeing where else this fledgling programme can go.

Best Regards

President Haugen