Author Topic: News Nation (News from the Khanate)  (Read 998 times)

Offline Jargalant (FKA Eskdale)

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Eskdale
News Nation (News from the Khanate)
« on: November 19, 2023, 10:54:29 AM »
OOC - News Nation is state owned and operated.

KHAN TO LAUNCH "DIPLOMATIC OFFENSIVE"

The illusterous Khan of Jargalant, His Majesty Khan Mönkhsaikhan II has today announced from his Palace that he intends 2024 to be a year under which a "New horde is unleashed upon Mundus only this time rather than armed with steel and riding horses they shall be armed with briefcases and airplanes." The Khan was addressing the Council of Nom to outline the agenda he wishes to follow over the next 12 months. His Majesty began by explaining that he believed he, and his ancestors, had been to concerned with ensuring the relationship with Lijiang was restored following the ending of their honourable mourning period. The Khan has meet with the Dragon-Emperor and said that he is "confident that the restored throne there is as strong as it has ever been and our two nations shall again be siblings." The Khan also hinted that there would be further announcements about their meetings in the coming weeks and months.

The Khan addressed the stagnating economy. "We in the Khanate have been a nation where we have relied heavily, too heavily, on our agricultural base and even that is far too focused on herding. We have ample space for some large scale projects and the purse of the Khan must be opened to help make these happen. I fully intend to see us utilise to the fullest what the Gods have blessed us with in regards to us developing our nation. Vast wide rivers flow throughout the Khanate and I plan on utilising some of these for hydro-electric. I then believe we can potentially be free from using our small gas industry for electricity and we can then export, in addition we can look at developing this industry and potentially become a continental player. Sadly I think our supplies will prevent us being a global player. I also believe that we can exploit resources of the southern oceans, we've been a largely land based nation but we should make use of the full bounty of what the Gods have given us."

The Khan then went on to address the military stating. "Our nation has a proud military tradition. All of us men are to serve and I have no plan to change that. The Khanate requires us all to be ready to serve the Gods, I have, I have ensured all my sons have and I intend to keep that happening. We though are moving to a time when culture is beginning to change. As such I am aware we have a growing number wishing to explore education to a higher level. I admire that and we will need that. I will therefore allow people to postpone their military service if they go on courses of study. Should they have been in education until the age of 30 however at that point they must serve in the military. I also think in the 21st century there are other ways to serve. We will therefore be removing some exemptions for service, for example currently if you are deaf you do not have to serve. I will now introduce a system of non-military style public service which would for example allow a deaf person to serve in another capacity. We shall establish a new branch of the military called the National Labourers Corps which will carry out jobs such as supporting agricultural work, providing labour on infastructure projects and any other duties we require. Jobs there will involve physical work but also administration. More people will serve."

Finally the Khan spoke of diplomatic efforts saying that the Khanate lacked connections with many nations including its neighbours. "In the long distant past my ancestors controlled small territories. Every now and then one would gather a horde together and ride forth with weapons and spread their influence. My plan is to see that a new horde is unleashed upon Mundus only this time rather than armed with steel and riding horses they shall be armed with briefcases and airplanes. We will by the end of 2024 have formed a series of diplomatic networks unknown to us in the past."

The Khan was then asked several questions about the speech. One member of the Council asked regarding the diplomatic efforts whether the Khan would consider having his daughter Princess Azjargal compete in the traditional Neu Urburzis contest to become the Emperors bride. The Khan rejected the idea saying. "Neu Urburzis should rightly follow its traditions, our traditions though are very different. My daughter is not going to compete with others for a husband. She has no need to compete for a husband as a prize for she is the prize. Emperor Orion would be very fortunate if he got to marry Azjargal and should pray to whatever Gods he holds dear that such a woman would even consider marrying him. I hope his Gods grant him happiness and a large family of course but it will not be with my daughter who will have her pick of men."