Author Topic: Vesian Herald  (Read 1833 times)

Offline Chocomoto

• Microstate
    • View Profile
Vesian Herald
« on: August 30, 2017, 12:24:56 PM »

Vesi's most reputable news source

Contents:
  • Wishes from the Crown
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 08:20:28 PM by Chocomoto »

Offline Chocomoto

• Microstate
    • View Profile
Re: Vesian Herald
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 08:18:58 PM »

Wishes from the Crown

Following the surprise marriage of Alex Redferne to Freya Kara Ironside at the Festival of Sail this week, the crown has issues a statement regarding the marriage of the young couple, of which the Prime Minister Hung Du Ho and his wife were able to attend:

Quote from: Princess Cho'e Sun-Young Mangjul
Words cannot express the pure joy and euphoria the couple must be experiencing following their eternal bonding, yet I feel it is important nonetheless to offer my own words as both Royalty myself and to better express our feelings as a nation that you would be kind enough to host our Prime Minister at the wedding. With that being said, I do wish to thank your nation, East Moreland and her people for hosting the wonderful Festival of Sail. While I have not attended it in the past, I wish to be able to attend it in earnest next year. I'm certain every bit of praise Mr. Ho has offered is well earned but it is a necessity that I see it myself and enjoy the full effect of naval history and pride on show.

Secondly, I wish the best of luck to the new couple. Love, in all its forms, is something not given lightly nor is it taken away so easily. I hope following your honeymoon, if there is one, that the two of you can fully and truly enjoy the fruits of marriage and all the benefits of life together. Life in the public eye is a rather stressful ordeal, and it will be more than ever for the next few weeks. I hope you take solace in each others company as well as any privacy you can afford. Given Freya's public history however, I'm certain she's more than capable of taking care of not only herself, but the groom as well.

Best regards,
Cho'e Sun-Young Mangjul

Prime Minister Hung Du Ho and his wife were unavailable for their own comments at this time, however, and it is by request from the crown that we hold off on publishing any stories regarding the new couple for at least a couple of weeks to ensure they have time to adapt to their new life together.

Offline Chocomoto

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 12:12:01 AM »

Annual blood drive underway!

Starting this week the annual blood drive is underway, sponsored heavily by the crown and the Department of Health. Vesian hospitals rely heavily on the donations people give on a day to day basis, however those generous and kind souls are almost never able to meet demand so every year the country holds an annual drive to better stock hospitals and to spread awareness of diseases such as HIV. This year, the crown intends to participate heavily granting blood tests to every 1/100 donators free of charge to determine whether or not they belong to the Mangjul bloodline. Depending on the percentage, a few lucky donators could very well be in line for succession and win all the privileges granted by such an honorary status.

Vesian history is, unfortunately, not properly understood when it comes to the line of succession. A flirt with a republic along with various civil wars that stain our past tons of documentation alluding to the Mangjul dynasty and other royal families have been lost to the ages. While citizens are free to test their blood out of their own pocket in hopes of being realized by the royal family, there is great effort by the crown to find and document all those who do carry the blood of royalty to properly finish the long and seemingly endless family tree.

Offline Chocomoto

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 01:37:51 PM »

Celebration for the Poison Feast has begun!

As the fall draws ever nearer and the days become ever shorter, the people of Vesi prepare for the over century old tradition of partaking in the 'poison feast' of old. Between 1850-1869 the country erupted into minor civil wars between both peasants, dukedoms, and all manners of men. During this period, one famous account among the peasantry was the supposed Poison Feast held by a noble. Upon realizing his war of conquest would not sustain his treasury, he called for a temporary peace with his former enemies. As a show of his good will, he released various captives as well as sending gold in envoy's to help mend any wounds the war had caused the various families and peasants of his opposing lord. Pressured by the citizenry all while tempted to see the nature of his good will first hand, former enemies joined the noble as friends as they partook in a feast. Unknown to them, however, was the wine poisoned with a paralysis. The men who he had invited unto his home were forced to watch the very food they came to eat rot away as their own bodies withered and died; unable to move an inch and barely able to breathe.

While the historical accuracy of the accounts has long since been dismissed, the cultural impact had enormous ramifications for these chilling months. In the 1900's families began inviting guests to dinner 'reenacting' the spectacle. While not actually poisoned, the honored guests would feign paralysis and request to be fed by their hosts in an act of generosity. Following dinner the guests would partake in various exchanges of treats and 'wealth' to show their gratitude before returning home and preparing a feast for their former hosts as well.

At the beginning of October, the crown itself will hold a mock feast ceremoniously with the Prime Minister; of which Prime Minister Hung has been very vocal about attending following previous years events.