Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: Taking a tasse de chocolat
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 09:24:57 PM »

To:- Prince Souverain Louis III

Thank you for your invitation to visit and furthermore to discuss bringing the historic treaty between us up to date. Relations between our two nations have been rather quiet over the last few years and now is a positive time to reassess and reaffirm that relationship.

At a time conveniant to yourself I will take you up on your offer of a cup of choclat along with my Head of Household Quinn Germaine. We look forward to a productive meetings.

May The Gods Watch Over You and Your Nation Know Peace

King David III of East Moreland.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 08:26:14 PM »
Rotor One didn't really get much use other than the odd journey back and forth between Northfort and Rockhampton but today it was making an international journey as it made its way over the border into Nemerie. It was a trip the King would rather have liked to have driven but his security had insisted that they fly. As David and his Head of Household, Quinn Germaine went over schedules for the next week the only other passenger on board was the King's security agent Will Buckley he was rather enjoying the flight watching the pair of Dragonling aircraft that were flying either side of the helicopter, as they hit the border itself the Dragonlings waggled their wingtips bidding the helicopter goodbye and returning to base. It was only a few more minutes before they were descending to the venue.

Once the aircraft was on the deck Will waited for the blades to stop spinning and exited before walking round the nose of the helicopter and opening the door for the King before helping Quinn down. The King looked around quickly getting his bearings and making his way towards his host, "Your Highness" The King offered a hand towards the Prince. "Mrs.Beckett" the King said nodding to May Beckett.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 12:17:32 AM »
David followed his hosts and took the offered chair he waited for Quinn to get sat before taking his own and she flipped open the royal briefcase and handed the kid a small leather bound note pad that he took to all meetings. Not only was it full of his notes made before travelling but he'd also jot down things during, while many dignitries around Mundus preferred a tablet computer the King still felt there was something special about a nice notebook and pen. The ones he'd filled had even been placed in the royal library no doubt stored so one day in years to come historians could pore over them, but for the moment they formed a record of his own ideas and thoughts. Quinn meanwhile did favour new technology and unfolded the cover from her tablet and fired it up. "Thank you for your hospitality" David said as the servers began making the chocolat. Like most Morelanders he didn't have that sweet of a tooth, the average Morelander diet being very high in protein and probably a vegans nightmare. Given a choice between a nice piece of cake or a good steak every Morelander he knew would take the steak, his daughter's obessession with strawberry bootlaces however was the exception.

"So it's been many long years since our two nations last really interacted. I assume from the invite you have a few suggestions on what you'd like to happen between us?" David asked as he neatly wrote the date and title for the meeting before underlining them freehand.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 01:40:15 PM »
David simply ordered what his host had, he figured it was probably easier after all back home most Hot Chocolate simply came from a packet of powder and he wasn't too much into chocolate anyway. "Its a good start" David began, however he'd seen several treaties have issues over mediation. "I think one issue is that if we wait until their is an issue between us and then we begin picking mediators we don't get neccessarily a person of any use. We are both eligible for a number of the same organisations, why not kick the mediation to them, AKO, MICA, either could do the job just as well as the others. I would wish to see a named mediator in the treaty." The King said as he finished reading the document. "Now with the border your right, it is sensitive and I'm not willing to dilute our measures to make it frictionless." The King began. "What my understanding of the border traffic tells me is that the biggest hold ups will be those entering our nation not leaving it. The majority of those entering our nation will be people doing business, or student, or even those just using the facilities of the nearest town. You're unlikely to get many non residents of Nemerie travelling to Nemerie and then onto East Moreland so this means we can in effect close a back door." The King stretched his legs taking the pressure off his back for a moment. "What I propose is this, we set up the EMPACT, the East Moreland Pre-Approved Certificate of Travel. The system would be a struggle to begin with but would in the long term work I believe. Anyone registered as a full time resident of Nemerie and having lived here five years would be eligible. They would pay a small fee, probably less than $30 to cover a year. They submit their passport to us and you agree to give us access to your criminal records. Should the person be clean and pass our background checks they are issued a biometric card by ourselves. At the border we set up a road lane specific for vehicles where all passengers have an EMPACT, they would simply be scrutiny to a secruity check that day, probably a quick pat search and a sniffer dog around their vehicle or something similar and then through they go. In the future we could possibly look at the CEMPACT, the Commercial version which would see your companies pay and agree to certain criteria in order to get through our border quicker. Now obviously going back the other way when they return home it would be up to you to determine whether you need to switch the layout of the border checkpoints round but we would obviously foot the bill for our own switch. Does this sound like something you can work with?" David asked.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 11:02:01 PM »
"I trust the taste of a fellow Morelander" the King said, "I'll have what Mrs.Beckett has" he added. He then turned his attention to the treaty. "First thing I need to make clear is that CEMPACT will be no part of this treaty. Its an idea we have kicking around that may or may not come to exist. Should it be mentioned in this treaty it will cause some unnecessary discussion and speculation back home and that serves me no purpose. We have in the proposed treaty a means to amend it and so should we see the success of EMPACT then we'd start looking more seriously at the commercial aspect, although with Nemerie not having a large manufacturing sector it may be a little redundant but time will tell." David took a sip of his chocolate slightly burning the roof of his mouth but not showing it. "As for the rest of this treaty, well for my liking its a little thin" he placed his cup down for a moment allowing it to cool a little more. " For example I'd like to see us do something about educational opportunities. At present for example we have about 5% of our University places unoccupied, now making it easier for students from your nation to come and study in East Moreland would be good for us, meanwhile I want Morelander students to feel that the world is one great big place for learning, so I'm encouraging many of our students to take at least a year abroad so why not your nation? Having some kind of student visa would be useful. Additionally should there be major incidents like the Borlander attacks you could potentially become a bolt hole for Borlanders, I'd like to see some extradition treaty put in place should that ever happen meaning they can't escape justice in your nation. Finally if we are to be real neighbours, and this does not have to appear in the treaty I will take your word for it, our people need to understand each other better, therefore I propose that any future royal have to experience six months of education in the other nation between the ages of 4-18, I'd suspect Rhiannon would be the first and should you agree to this I'd intend to send her when she was 14." David firmly believed experiencing other cultures was vital, and it was something he'd missed out on and now in his late 30's wished his father hadn't made East Moreland so sheltered from the rest of the world.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 09:00:45 PM »
"Well I think having the descendents of our families experience a little of life in the other nation will ensure we remain good neighbours." The King said. "I imagine in centuries past we'd have been discussing marrying the children off rather than just sending them to school somewhere else" David smiled his love of history reminding him of the many stories from the past where arranged royal marriages had been agreed, even for children not yet born. For a moment he wondered if his own marriage fortunes would have been better off under the older system but what happened with Matilda was done now and nothing could be done about it. "From our part there isn't much else I can think of that we need to include. Do you have any suggestions?" The King asked.