Author Topic: The Falcon and the Fox: Akasha and Peter  (Read 6502 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
The Falcon and the Fox: Akasha and Peter
« on: August 22, 2021, 06:11:15 AM »

Emperor Peter,

After a productive meeting with your daughter, Crown Princess Serenity, I would wish to bring to your attention that the Kingdom of Clysperis has embarked upon the path of evolution my father set forth for the Kingdom shortly before his assassination. I am sorry that I was not aware of his vision, and I wish he and I had more time before he was stolen from this realm. I do find it interesting that, even without knowing of his visit with you, it was the Holy Empire I reached out to in our hour of need and I can say without reservation that you and your Holy Empire have proven themselves time, and time, again. The Holy Empire is a nation which we can trust, and one with which I hope one day my Kingdom may have the closest of relations with.

I know you have a passion for history and foreign cultures so it would please me to invite you to Khemnen before my marriage to Prince Naser for a formal state visit to the Kingdom where we may chart our path forward, as friends. During your stay I would wish to take you within the Great Pyramids of Nafir as well as visiting the Sphinx where we may both view the progress in its restoration. To cap off our visit, I would wish to share with you the monument to our time, the City of Setri, and show you what my People and Nation are capable of.

I hope that I may soon welcome you in Khemen, and that we may talk as you once did with my father concerning the path our nations shall walk. I shall look forward to your reply.

Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re, Sovereign of Sovereigns, Divine of Appearance, Beloved of Amun, Chosen of Ra, Lord of the Three Lands, Ruler of Justice like Ra, High Priest of Every Temple, the Eye of Horus, Satisfied is the heart of Ra.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Re: The Falcon and the Fox: Akasha and Peter
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 11:37:46 PM »

Pharaoh Akasha,

Seeing the copy of the photograph of yourself and my daughter reminded me very much of the time I shared with your father and what we spoke of, to see the first steps taken on a path forged those years ago has filled me with hope that the opportunity that was stolen from us by the tragic death of your father can be fulfilled. You may be aware that Achkaerin has a slight reputation for turning up to overseas visits en masse and given what we may find ourselves discussing I suspect this will hold, so might I request that you communicate a proposed itinerary to us to assist me in this?

I do have a personal request, as I never had the opportunity at the time, I would very much like to pay my respects to your late father, if that can be arranged I would greatly appreciate it. And I do look forward to seeing the Sphinx and the Pyramids. I am intending on attending your wedding as well so I look forward to this visit with great hope.

Peter

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 07:57:38 AM »

Emperor Peter,

I must admit it was a rather unexpected moment, after all I remember the tense moments we shared at international gatherings. I'm aware of your reputation in that regard, thus I would wish for us to discuss expanded investment opportunities for those in Achkaerin within Clysperis, perhaps seeing some Achkaerinese businesses take advantage of the offerings the Clysperi Special Economic Zone has to offer foreign businesses, the establishment of a Clysperi-Achkaerinese student exchange, the restoration of the Clysperi Shat as our currency to be pegged to the Achkaerinese Iso, and a military modernization program to be drawn up between our respective militaries to ensure my Kingdom never need fear that it shall once again face the hardships it has ever again; whether it be a resurgent Soviet threat, another foreign power looking to attempt to take advantage of the Kingdom and my People, or another Disgraced.

That request is one I am pleased to fulfill. Not too far from Khemnen Palace is my father's mortuary temple and tomb. I shall be happy to have you accompany me there for a visit, and I'm sure he would be pleased to see us visiting together.

Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re, Sovereign of Sovereigns, Divine of Appearance, Beloved of Amun, Chosen of Ra, Lord of the Three Lands, Ruler of Justice like Ra, High Priest of Every Temple, the Eye of Horus, Satisfied is the heart of Ra.

Khemnen Palace

Akasha was joined by her Vizier, Apherumes, and Prince Naser to welcome the Achkaerinese who would arrive at the Palace via helicopter. She inspected her Royal Guard who were standing ready to welcome the delegation to the Palace, after which she snuck in a hug with the Prince. "A formal visit to Clysperis, who would have seen this as even a possibility just a year ago?" she asked as she heard the chopper nearing the Palace. "A new day is dawning," she continued, "and I think this path we're embarking upon is one I can trust. After all, I'm following in the steps of my father."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2021, 09:20:04 PM »

It was one of the busiest flights that Fox One, the Achkaerinese royal aircraft, had ever been on, state visits had a habit of doing this anyway but add in the plethora of people from different arenas that were involved in this and the numbers did start to add up as expected this was an 'all hands' job. As the aircraft cruised towards the airport in Khemnen flanked by a pair of Raptorwings the Achkaerinese Emperor Peter Azurewind returned to his seat having been like most people aboard engaged in a briefing led by his special envoy to Midaranye Scotia Conway, there had also been numerous discussions about other aspects of what would likely be discussed. Normally touch down at the airport on these occasions would be met with official greetings but not this time as that would occur at the Palace, instead waiting on the airport tarmac was Achkaerin's ambassador to Clysperis Sienna Chambers, no sooner had the Achkaerinese party disembarked from Fox One than Sienna was hugging the Minister of Foreign Affairs, simply because that was her father.

"Your Majesty." Sienna said turning to Peter "Cars have been arranged for all except the helicopter party."
"I've got them." Scotia said "You catch up with your Dad."

So it was that the delegation split, most to the arranged ground transport while the lead group headed to the waiting helicopter for the flight to the Palace, first out of the helicopter on arrival was Peter who then helped his wife Renee out, followed by Peter's two children Crown Princess Serenity and Prince Simon along with Peter's nieces Sakura and Princess Cerys, it was an unprecedented party. On the other side of the helicopter Sienna, her father and a small handful of others - mainly Peter's advisors disembarked. The Achkaerinese Emperor looked across the short distance towards Akasha and it took him back to when it had been him and her father, many things had been spoken of that day and then with the death of Rameses seemingly consigned to history but trust their daughters to have a thing or two to say about that. Peter smiled and took the first step towards the Pharaoh.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2021, 08:58:54 AM »

Akasha and Naser met eyes as they began walking forward to greet Emperor Peter and the Achkaerinese. Behind them stood Khemnen Palace which, if truth be told, looked much the same as it did when it was built all those long years ago. While it had received updates over the years, things like plumbing, electricity, modern networking, the building was preserved as originally as it could be. "Emperor Peter," Akasha said with a smile, "honoured guests, welcome to the Kingdom of Clysperis. I'm pleased you could make it here on such short notice and, if reports from Khemnen International are accurate, you've left quite the impression upon them. Why, they're pleading that I ask you about the design for a new Royal Clysperi transport."

Turning back to Naser she motioned, "Prince Naser, soon to be my husband, though I'm certain you're already well aware of who he is. My Prince, we stand in the company of good people. They carry not the arrogance or prejudice some seem to wear as a badge of honour. It is my hopes that we may leave from this visit on the path to a firm and unshakeable friendship." Naser nodded before speaking with Peter, "Anyone who Akasha holds in such regards has my respect, and I hope I may be able to call upon you as friends as well. Welcome to my home."

"Once we've settled in," Akasha continued, "if it would be alright with the rest of you I would wish for the Emperor and myself to visit my fathers mortuary temple. I feel it is only appropriate that we begin where this path started, with the vision of my father and the Emperor. I'm certain he is most pleased with this day, and I shall see that it lives in the memories of my People for many generations to come."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2021, 03:53:10 PM »
"Delighted to be here." Peter said upon meeting Akasha, he smiled "Well if you desired to indulge those pleas the owner of the company in question is in our somewhat larger group being driven here." when Naser was introduced Peter nodded, Naser was the second son of Emperor Abbas of Tamora, many had expected him to be the heir to that Empire but that was not the case he'd been passed over in favour of his brother Jamshid. "Prince Naser I share that hope and I'm sure between the..." he looked around making a somewhat amusing attempt to count their number on both nations parts "Small army of us we can establish something truly special." he looked back to Akasha "I'm looking forward to that visit. So shall we start our journey through the next few days?"

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2021, 07:49:14 AM »
"I certainly hope so. Now, I won't keep you and the Pharaoh waiting any longer," Naser said warmly, "and I will do what I can to be a hospitable host until your return. I'll also be preparing, along with the Vizier, for the discussions to take place upon your return."

"Let us begin," Akasha said with a smile.

Having arrived at the temple the Pharaoh and the Emperor were surrounded by reliefs as they walked through the hypostyle hall which depicted events during the reign of Ramses V, including the restoration of Clysperi sovereignty from the Soviet occupiers. Other scenes depicted religious rituals and ceremonies, conducted with just as much care as seen in Temples much older than his. Akasha stopped and pointed to one relief, "This one makes more sense to me now," she said as she looked upon a relief depicting her father meeting with a decidedly foreign figure. "I do believe that is you, as the hieroglyphics read "This meeting from beyond our shores, the futu..." Akasha would grow quiet as her words were picked up mid-sentance, ​"...re makes its own path to take. The Kingdom looks to Northern stars and finds tranquil passage. Let the new era be ushered in," Peter would finish.

The Hypostyle Hall

"Yes," Akasha said with notable awe, "Forgive me, I know not why I am surprised. You are a worthy student of our culture, after all. It had always been so cryptic to me before, talk of Northern stars, tranquil passage, a new era, I took it to be more spiritual before. Even in his passing, he sought to leave me breadcrumbs, though I didn't pick up on them. Even in this vast place I feel surrounded by his warmth, his love for both me and our People, and I know he wears a proud smile as we speak here today. As someone who worked with him and spoke with him so soon before his passing, I feel the closest to him I have in some time. Thank you," she said, returning her gaze to the writings and images before them.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2021, 08:30:53 PM »
Peter smiled a little, though the culture was different the idea behind this temple wasn't family mausoleums and temples were reasonably common in Achkaerin, the Azurewind temple sat in the countryside close to Foxton Lake. He looked around, he wasn't what might be called fluent in understanding the pictograph language on the walls but the most ancient of Achkaerinese languages was also of this type and having studied that he could understand some if not all of what he could see now. Again he glanced at Akasha and smiled a little "It's almost like stepping back in time." he said "When I hosted your father we started with a visit to a temple. Only at his request I showed him what we call the Temple of the Brave. It's Achkaerin's monument to it's fallen soldiers, the names of the fallen recorded there from all the conflicts Achkaerin has fought in. Some come to trace their families records, others to research things in particular. Your father was in the latter category." Peter turned towards one of the walls and the smile broadened "And it seems he recorded that which he learned, the heroes of Nafu. It's almost as if he drew us together isn't it?"

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2021, 07:36:02 AM »
"He was a visionary," Akasha added with a smile, "not looking toward tomorrow, but always five years and beyond from the present. When Serenity showed me that book I looked at what I had been doing and was humbled. How different would things be now had things gone differently and his vision had been put into place when and where it was intended? Though I don't believe he would have seen Setri coming, I can at least lay claim to that and build from there for a modern and vibrant Clysperis that he would most certainly be proud of. I cannot wait," she said touching a wall, "to see his foreign vision and my domestic vision combine into something wonderful; something that will take care of our People for generations to come."

"Though I know my People are excited to host you, I can imagine deliberations going on in capitals across Midaranye at this very moment, they'll be seeking to debase me as the "voice of Midaranye," casting me in the same light as the Occident I speak out against with such furor and devotion. I don't care what they think though, I've withstood a misinformation campaign from the boy in King's robes for quite some time after all, and I know a true friend when they stand before me. You're a man who's stood his ground against friend and enemy alike, never showing bias, always sticking to your values and defending what you believe in with every ounce of strength your nation possesses. You know when a friend needs to hear that they're wrong, even if they don't see it themselves, and you've always sided with justice from the information available to me. I do believe your Empire is just as much a staunch defender of Ma'at as my own Kingdom."

"But," Akasha glanced to the side, "I know neither my father nor the gods would wish for Clysperis to be static: for something which remains static for too long may be considered dead, do you not agree? It's why I forbade my People from employing indentured servitude for even a single day longer and why my Kingdom has entered into its first international agreements. Time changes, the seasons change, there are changes which happen across the span of a single day; the living are never static, from moment to moment they are changing from what they were before into something better than what they were before. I took the Throne believing that taking on the world around us, preserving each and every aspect of what Clysperis was at that moment as if to spite others, was the right path, but my father saw that evolution was the only true course this nation could, and should, take. Thus here we are today, in the hall of my father, and I hope that together we may give birth to that era he wished to see in this life."

After spending some more time walking about the grounds of the Temple they would rejoin those at Khemnen Palace, ready to conduct the work before them. "Though many things remain before us to be discussed I do not dread it," Akasha said as they disembarked their vehicle, "for I know with all certainty I am amongst friends. I only apologize that it was so difficult for us to restore things to their proper path. Is there something you feel would be most important to tackle first as we begin this marathon?" Akasha asked Peter.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2021, 07:15:18 PM »
"In such things it generally pays to start with the basics, we've a lot of ideas and a lot of things we want to discuss." Peter said "However the first thing we should establish is undoubtedly the foundation of the relationship we wish to have. Let others in Midaranye talk of treachery if they wish we both expect that to be the tune in Djerb and probably the south of the region, but perhaps in the halls of Jerusalem and Polua I suspect a different tune will be played, a different view taken. This visit represents many opportunities for our nations to get to know each other better and I'm sure we'll do that and more. I believe we should begin with the basics of diplomacy and then perhaps you'll be agreeable to a proposition some among my party would like to put to you, it'll be a bit of a revolving door I suspect as we talk but I'm confident we'll get the hang of it." he paused as he saw two people waiting for them "May I introduce my Royal chef Anezaki Mellor"

"Your Majesty." Anezaki said giving a respectful bow before indicating the person next to her "My daughter Becky"

"When I hosted your father, he brought his chef along and treated us to an evening meal of Clysperi cuisine." Peter said "I hope you'll indulge me seeking to return the favor."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2021, 08:49:06 AM »
"Agreed," Akasha said with a nod. "It is most cheap to speak, yet most expensive to actually act. Let them say what they want," she said pointing in the direction of Royal Seleucid, "If the boy king has anything to say, for example, he knows already how much value I place upon his opinion."

Akasha smiled as the Emperor spoke, "I certainly wouldn't oppose. I do wonder what treats we shall be introduced to on this day."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2021, 09:37:16 PM »
"Well I certainly hope you enjoy them Your Majesty." Anezaki said, once she was pointed in the direction of the kitchens she took Becky and left the two had a lot of work to do.

Peter looked at Akasha, both of them knew that they had a long few days ahead of them, it was time they got started "So Your Majesty." Peter said "We've waited many years for this, shall we set about it?"

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2021, 04:27:02 AM »
"We shall," Akasha said as she led them to a room with seating and a table. "I believe you already know that, while improving, the economic situation of the Kingdom is less than ideal. We've adopted the Tamoran Dinar, however, I feel that has left us limited in some respects in improving the economic outlook of the Kingdom. Amongst my Council, and the Assembly of Nomes, I have proposed reviving the Clysperi Shat with the idea of pegging it to the Achkaerinese Iso. I would also like to see what options we would have in attracting Achkaerinese firms to take advantage of Clysperi economic projects, bringing with them job opportunities as well as new industries to enrich the Clysperi economy beyond what presently exists."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2021, 12:58:46 AM »
Accompanying Peter into the room for this in the first instance had been Sienna and her father Richard Chambers this might have easily been considered the first shift team, upon listening to Akasha Richard and Peter glanced at each other before Richard turned to Sienna "We're going to need Matthew and Catriona I suspect." he said, Sienna nodded and left the room to go and grab the two people mentioned.

"We've asked for Senator Patterson to join us he's our Minister of Economic Affairs so he's clearly much better qualified to advise on economic matters and Catriona Rowan does have a proposition for you that may tie in on some of this." Richard said

"While we wait I'd like to suggest we tackle the basic diplomacy." Peter said " I imagine this won't take that long to figure out, we're talking about maintaining embassies, ambassadors presenting themselves within twenty four hours of being summoned and a direct communication line, we already have that line and have used it several times, and i imagine we'll use it more in the future, these are what we call the first contact provisions though obviously this isn't first contact however there isn't a formal agreement between our nations so we'd like to agree these provisions and thus establish the foundation for the smooth running of what we agree when we discuss the other things we wish to talk about."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2021, 08:20:18 AM »
"Understood," Akasha said. "It would perhaps be best for Achkaerin to have an embassy in Setri, the infrastructure and utilities are still considerably ahead of my beloved Khemnen. I shall entrust the duties of Clysperi Ambassador to Achkaerin to a trusted voice within the Council of Nomes, Ranefer, who I have all confidence will fulfill his duties to the highest of my expectations. Highlighting the incident where Clysperi aircraft buzzed the airspace of another nation without notification, I would also wish to ensure that, mutually, we shall communicate military actions in advance so as to not take each other by surprise. I let my rage get the best of me, that I failed to protect one of my own People, and I apologize for not thinking of every detail in that situation. It shall not happen in the future."

"Are there any areas you would wish to discuss and hammer out that I have not touched upon?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2021, 09:06:28 PM »
"Diplomatically speaking not at this time." Peter said "It's clear we both understand the need to keep lines of communication open and communication is the basis for any lasting relationship. Advance notification of military actions is sensible but I feel that we need to clear in that we're applying that to the vicinity of our nations territories." he paused for a moment "No one can be expected to forensically examine every potential course of action, we're human beings not robots after all."

At that point the door opened and in stepped Matthew Patterson shortly followed by Catriona Rowan Peter smiled and introduced the pair "Now I believe you had some economic proposals you wanted to make." he said

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2021, 10:02:07 PM »
"Correct," Akasha replied. "While most visible in Setri the whole of Clysperis is rebuilding and retooling its economy in the hopes of raising the standard of living across the Kingdom. Setri itself offers benefits to foreign firms which operate there, and I feel we've space in the Kingdom for some large projects. I would be happy to invite Achkaerinese businesses to set up operations in Setri while also working together with our counterparts in the Holy Empire to put in place the new economic foundation I've been working on."

"Another matter I wish to discuss is the revival of the Clysperi Shat, to be pegged to your Iso. I feel this would benefit Clysperis more than our present use of the Tamoran Dinar, as well as allowing us to have a currency of our own. It would also be my desire to seek your assistance in improving relations with some of your Cross-Straits partners and, perhaps, see the Kingdom enter into an economic relationship with the Union. Who knows," Akasha shrugged, "if we come to trust each other perhaps a Clysperi entrance into the Community could be a possibility someday."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2021, 04:11:54 AM »
"Your assessment is quite correct, the Tamoran Dinar is not a helpful currency for any economy let alone a developing one to peg themselves to, no one is going to touch it because it implies a relationship with Tamora and that implies assisting the slave trade, that being one of the hot button issues it makes people think twice and generally veer away." Matthew said "The Achkaerinese Iso is more trusted currency, it's of the CSU, it's from a nation that's got a strong track record and good international standing there aren't many in that league and we're prepared to agree to that suggestion." in truth there was only possibly the East Moreland pound and Matthew wasn't going to bring that one up. "As for the Cross Straits Union, that will be a factor that we have to consider on our side, we have a free trade agreement with Rokkenjima and Lakhzovia as members of the Union, which Clysperis is not I bring this up because I suspect at some point our Minister of Trade will be sat here and you need to know that she may get technical and that's because she'll have a bit of a balancing act to do but we've done it before. If you were able to build some sort of relationship with our partners our job gets easier because a Clysperis-CSU agreement would mean far less jumping through hoops from our end."

"Just promise me one thing." Peter said with a slight grin "If Clysperis does ever join the CSC I'd like a photo or recording of Abbas's reaction to that happening."

"The other component you suggest is attracting investment from businesses which is why I'm here." Catriona said "I'm speaking here partly as the Riviere Corporation CEO but also partly as a spokeswoman for several businesses. Minister Patterson is correct you didn't get investment because of your relationship with Tamora, you're now starting to make the steps that will make Clysperis a more attractive investment prospect, however that's only half the battle you've got an entire country out there that needs the money and needs the jobs not to mention the skills to do the jobs so I'm authorised by my counterparts in other businesses to give you a proposal in exchange for opening up within Clysperi borders,

First we would be looking to source our employees initially from those recently released from indentured servitude we make this their opportunity, this gives them paid employment and the means to support themselves and their families, we can skill them up on the job, which helps their education and means long term you've got the knowledge in your nation rather than importing it from outside.

Second we'd look to use as far as possible materials sourced from within Clysperis in whatever the companies are doing, this way we ripple the effects of our investment through Clysperis's economy and hopefully grow it which will help raise the standard of living we've heard so much about.

Third, we'd like you to cap any sort of business tax that would need to be paid by Achkaerinese companies at 50% for three years."

"Now if you're wondering whether we've had this type of conversation before we have." Matthew said "A few years ago this was how Achkaerin bailed Vaguzia out of an economic mess. So do you like what you're hearing Your Majesty?"

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2021, 01:05:45 AM »
"I imagine such a photo would look good in my office as well," Akasha smirked, "though the rest of your partners present an interesting situation. I would wish to welcome them here, or perhaps you could speak with them and we could have a meeting at your CSC Headquarters to become better acquainted? Worry not I know my way around Rokkenjima, and a part of me wishes to see if the shops I visited in my University days are still there."

Considering the words of Catriona and Matthew Akasha nodded, "Your experience shows, yes, and the motions you've put forth are acceptable. Do understand, however, that any businesses involving the production of grain and foodstuffs are taxed differently here in the Kingdom than they would be elsewhere: say Achkaerinese agricultural businesses began operations here, they would be taxed just as a Clysperi farmer in that a portion of the agriculture they produce would be their tax. That product would be transferred to the Royal Stores and held until a time of emergency or would make its way to the kitchen table of a Clysperi citizen in need of a meal. As Pharaoh this is one manner in which I ensure that no Clysperi stomach should go to bed with want for nourishment. Would your businesses in agriculture be willing to be taxed in such a manner?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2021, 01:30:35 AM »
"That won't be an issue they're used to something similar though not a tax." Matthew said "We have an organisation called the Crisis Control Unit, or CCU, the remit of the organisation is to respond to humanitarian crises, in more recent years this unit has become Achkaerin's contribution to the Joint Emergency Team, one of thing the unit does is store long lasting foodstuffs for such emergencies which of course it gets from agriculture businesses. So you see the businesses do understand the principle."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2021, 01:53:28 AM »
"Wonderful," Akasha smiled, "You may consider my full blessings as having been given."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2021, 06:41:16 PM »
"I'll make the calls." Catriona said

"We will require a date from which the Clysperi Shat will be pegged to the Iso." Matthew said "It's more helpful if such happens from the beginning of a month. I would suggest it take effect from the first of next month. That would I believe address all the economic points you raised, I'll let the Minister of Trade handle anything in that area later on but unless you have anything further for our areas we'll get to work on lining what we've discussed up."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2021, 07:12:12 PM »
"The first of October shall mark the reintroduction of the Shat," Akasha nodded, "I do believe that covers our economic concerns in the immediate future. I do believe we should perhaps discuss defence concerns next, as the Kingdom is looking to ensure its Royal Armed Forces are capable of defending the Kingdom from all threats, and I believe it would be prudent to discuss the future of the Nemphis Nuclear Station as that Soviet relic poses a growing threat to the Southern Lands and perhaps the region beyond. Maintaining it in its non-generating capacity while working with the poor materials left by the former occupiers not only grows more difficult as the years go by, but also drains vital funds from the Clysperi Treasury which could be put to better use in serving my People. This is why I have proposed that, until its demolition, the Nemphis Nuclear Station be entrusted to an MAEA trust who will oversee its decommissioning and demolition."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2021, 07:34:15 PM »
"As far as the Nemphis facility goes that's something you've made the right move with by the sound of it." Peter said "The MAEA has the expertise to ensure the safe decommissioning and demolition of the facility. I do advise you keep security at the facility tight, as much as the achievement of eliminating nuclear weapons from Mundus is representative of a desire for a better tomorrow there are plenty of people with the knowledge to build a nuclear weapon and the connections to try and make it happen, what they lack is the material and an old Soviet facility in Midaranye is a very appealing target. Now you've mentioned capability of the Cysperi military and that brings an old saying to mind give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime, I presume that we're talking at least to some extent about equipment which is of course a factor however a military isn't capable just because it has all the shiny toys, military capability is largely determined by other factors or to put it a different way just because you're given something doesn't mean you know how to use it." he paused thinking about what might be a good way to proceed before asking Sienna a whispered question which she nodded the answer to "Your Majesty would you indulge me with a visit to a Clysperis military facility? I think understanding the full scope of how we can help modernise all aspects of the Clysperi military will be most helpful."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2021, 06:05:30 PM »
"Of course security will remain closely guarded. Intef, General of Armies, is overseeing the forces responsible for the security of the Nemphis Nuclear Station personally and assures me that they are capable of maintaining security against any threats. For the broader military equipment is certainly a part of it, as well as a goal of mine which would see Midaranye transition from an axis dependent upon Ispus and Djerb. While my respect for Djerb in maintaining its culture against all odds has been noted previously they are not a power capable of enabling Midaranye to thrive and flower in the modern world. On the other hand Ispus represents a dangerous, unpredictable and arrogant power which has shown its willing to cast the interests of the region aside in the pursuit of its own objectives. Khemnen cannot stand just as equals with Djerb and Ispus, it must surpass their power and capabilities if we're to see a vibrant Midaranye emerge."

"I would be pleased to indulge you," she continued."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2021, 06:53:15 PM »
"Thank you." Peter said smiling, this was one of the more complex parts of these discussions, the Clysperi military modernisation, Peter expected that Akasha would want to invest in some new equipment it was why the various manufacturers were in the delegation, arming the Clysperi military probably would raise a few eyebrows but far better for Achkaerin to arm them than Tamora. Of course equipment was just part of that equation, there were other factors, training, methodology, process, policy.

For this trip out the Emperor had chosen to be joined by his brother in law Adam Sheppard, in his capacity as Minister of Defence he was someone who would be well placed to advise and concoct ideas, there was also standing there in her uniform with the midnight blue beret on her head with the scouts insignia Trixy Cross, a second lieutenant in the Achkaerinese army, having a serving soldier along would hopefully give a valuable perspective.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2021, 09:43:40 AM »
The group would arrive shortly thereafter at Ramses V Air Base on the outskirts of Khemnen, notable as the facility from which Clysperis operated its Su-57s. Awaiting them would be Intef, General of Armies, and commander of the former Common Defense League which had seen great successes in the conflict with Nekhtou's forces. "Where would you wish to begin?" Akasha asked as they disembarked their vehicles.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2021, 08:33:35 PM »
After Peter and Adam exchanged pleasantries with the General followed by an exchange of salutes between the General and Trixy, it was the youngster who took a few steps looking around the base it was to some extent a near humorous sight, the aircraft were shiny enough but aside from that there was something of a dated look around the place, which was perhaps to be expected, after all you didn't talk about modernisation without needing it. Still that was only half the equation.

"May I see some routine drills and exercises of your soldiers?" Trixy asked

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2021, 08:24:23 AM »
"Certainly," Akasha said as she nodded to Intef, who would lead them to an observational area from which they could oversee operations. As the events unfolded the respect for Intef was apparent, even if his specialty was best displayed in ground operations. While the drills proceeded Intef whispered to Akasha, "I can secure that relic, but I hold no sway over the abilities of the scientists who keep the true beast at bay. If we're to see Nemphis secured..." "Yes, I know," she said sternly, "I'm working on it."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2021, 05:29:42 PM »
The fact that Peter, Adam and Trixy all had military experience meant that they were interested in what they were seeing, for the most part the Clysperi soldiers seemed to know what they were doing in terms of parade but Trixy was facepalming a little as she watched some combat drills, from soldiers just squeezing the trigger on the range to a lack of awareness in some quarters, not that it was particularly surprising when you incorporated a militia into a regular force things took time to gel. Even so the training level was perhaps as expected lower than Trixy was accustomed to, so it seemed they had to do more than just discuss equipment and this wasn't unexpected.

"So what do you think?" Peter asked looking at Trixy
"They're better than the Phuebran's were but they need work." Trixy said
"Adam?" Peter asked
"A training program would be an idea." Adam said "The Pharaoh wants a strong defence let's give her the best we can."