Author Topic: Firming up the Ecclesiastical State  (Read 1422 times)

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Firming up the Ecclesiastical State
« on: December 19, 2021, 09:33:36 PM »
As some will have noticed today I posted the factbook for a NPC version of the Ecclesiastical State, in essence our Vatican City.

As part of this I've got an idea for the firming up of the foundation of the Catholic Church.

I'm proposing that St. Peter left Vanora (accepted as our "Holy Land" and headed south getting to Attica in Tamora. Here he helped establish Antioch which today is in ruins. From there he crossed the Kyne and found himself in Marseille where he spent time in Corinth. Finally he reached the territory where the ES is on the map. Here he established the Church before being executed by an as of yet undetermined force.

When it comes to that part I have a few ideas. First is the creation of a Nordic based empire that once headed into South Albion or Drenovia where involved.  Additionally we could just leave that part vague. If anyone has any issues with any of this please let me know.

Offline Kopsje

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Abuqiya
Re: Firming up the Ecclesiastical State - A proposal
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 10:45:07 PM »
The idea of a Nordic Empire sounds interesting and compatible with Drenovias own history. If Rob and Kris are okay with it what if: there was an old Nordic Empire that encompassed say the territories of ES, Sudmark, and whatever would have been Nya Aland and UNP prior to the former's annexation of the latter? 

Additionally, this Nordic Empire could have maintained good relations with Drenovia and balanced power within Southern Albion/Antilian region, that is until the rapid expansion of Christianity in the region. The faith would expand into the Empire's Southern Albion territories, (atm just ES & Sudmark, but anyone else who is latter interested could use this for their own History if they'd like?) this creates religious unrest between odinists and Christrians. This Unrest latter involves Drenovia leading to a Odinits/Nordic-Drenovian alliance of sorts against the expansionist Christians. This can then be used as an explanation for Christianity's negative(?) association in both Nya Aland, and Drenovia if they are interested. As well as the Mytrdom of St. Peter and the creation of ES as a Christian stronghold in Albion? 

Spoiler: Proposed Concept of old Nordic Empire: • show

Blue: Proposed Territories of the Empire
Ice Blue: Drenovia in relation to the empire

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: Firming up the Ecclesiastical State - A proposal
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 10:51:21 PM »
The idea of a Nordic Empire sounds interesting and compatible with Drenovias own history. If Rob and Kris are okay with it what if: there was an old Nordic Empire that encompassed say the territories of ES, Sudmark, and whatever would have been Nya Aland and UNP prior to the former's annexation of the latter? 

Additionally, this Nordic Empire could have maintained good relations with Drenovia and balanced power within Southern Albion/Antilian region, that is until the rapid expansion of Christianity in the region. The faith would expand into the Empire's Southern Albion territories, (atm just ES & Sudmark, but anyone else who is latter interested could use this for their own History if they'd like?) this creates religious unrest between odinists and Christrians. This Unrest latter involves Drenovia leading to a Odinits/Nordic-Drenovian alliance of sorts against the expansionist Christians. This can then be used as an explanation for Christianity's negative(?) association in both Nya Aland, and Drenovia if they are interested. As well as the Mytrdom of St. Peter and the creation of ES as a Christian stronghold in Albion? 

Spoiler: Proposed Concept of old Nordic Empire: • show

Blue: Proposed Territories of the Empire
Ice Blue: Drenovia in relation to the empire

Sounds good to me. Wait and see what other ideas come around. Thanks for the input