Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: Tsunami in Barnacle
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2018, 08:51:23 AM »
Taking notice of the Achkaerinese vessels which seemed to approach Alex sighed, "We all have our responsibilities here, just what do they presume to be up to this time?" he asked aloud to no one in particular. "Never mind that, let's get some eyes on the villages. Until the arrival of the Angel we'll bring those requiring medical attention to the facilities aboard Excalibur. Once the injured are tended to and the United States is in place those who are not at risk may be transferred aboard her, as I'm certain her facilities will be preferable until conditions on the ground improve."

"If they continue upon their present course we'll see what's going on."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2018, 03:58:35 PM »
The first of the two Cenneg Carriers that were scheduled to have taken part in the CNN exercise arrived at the zone allocated to them in the south. The Copre had been kept briefed of the various military and political shifts as they'd journeyed from homewaters and it had become quiet a pickle. The Cennegs were until recently members of the Western Ardian Forum with Himeyama and this placed them in an awkward but beneficial position, they had friends on both sides of the argument, the Himeyamans were continental buddies while East Moreland and Lodja had responded to the Heyran call for help. This though did leave an awkward situation.

"Launch the Bruthel's" Captain McCulloch ordered having briefed his men en-route.

"Aye sir" came the reply and within minutes the sound of four jets moving away from the ship at speed could be heard, they were tasked with carrying out aerial and photographic reconnaissance of the area as well as almost announcing their arrival. The scheduled radio call was made to home and with that being sent it was confirmed that the second Cenneg carrier which had also been heading to the area on military exercises would arrive in 24 hours. The statement King Finley had written was then released to the press

Quote from: Official Press Statement

Upon hearing of the disaster on the island of  Nurashima/Barnacle Island we immediately switched our two exercise groups heading to the Mhorish for manoeuvres with the CNN onto an aid operation. In the short time it has taken for our first task force to reach the disputed islands the situation on the ground has clearly changed. We now face a situation where the island is being militarised amid a humanitarian crisis. As a former member of the WAF we still feel a measure of responsibility towards the Himeyaman citizens who are on the islands and will therefore be undertaking operations to aid and support these. Furthermore we reject claims by Heyra to sovereignty over the whole of the island network and believe that the only true solution to this long standing dispute is one that involves the decision of those living on the island. We therefore intend to use our two task groups to help those in the damaged areas in whatever way we can. We will contacting the Himeyaman authorities to look a how we can support those remaining on the islands and will make both equipment, manpower and funding avaliable to support them. As of yet it appears most funding and support has gone to the Heyran portions of the operation and we feel therefore we can become a link between the two sides in this operation.

Our forces will be attempting to make contact with the Himeyaman forces on the ground within the hour to assess the situation.

Regards

King Finley of Ui Cenneslaig.

While the aircraft where taking their images it became clear that several small groups of Himeyamans were still on the island. The Corpi was already a hive of activity with groups of soldiers visible on deck loading helicopters while down closer to water level the 800 or so Cenneg soldiers were preparing to go ashore. The vehicle deck of the vessel still had a compliment of armour but this was being ignored as the various mobility vehicles were being loaded onto landing craft completely rammed full of medical supplies. Just two hours after landing on the island the Cenneg commander on the ground, Lt.Col Strachan, began looking to make contact with the Himeyamans. It didn't take long as they found them setting up makeshift tents in a village that seemed to have been swept largely away by the Tsunami. The two officers exchanged salutes and then Strachan spoke, "We're aiming on supporting whatever operations you've got in place regarding the humanitarian effort but just a heads up our aircraft have seen a significant Heyran military force on the island, we don't want you boys shooting at each other so might I suggest my men take the more Northern end of proceedings, I think a Heyran soldier is less likely to take pot shots a a Cenneg." The Himeyaman agreed and Strachan sent 400 of his men and the vehicles that were empty North on a reconnessance of what was going on. It was then that Strachan brought up the subject of the Lodjains. "They're in an effective limbo, I understand that you don't wish them to pass on sensitive data to any of the Heyran forces but they are here to help, what I therefore suggest is that you place those Lodjains on the island under my command. You have my word they will not leave the island for the next week unless you give permission and I'll replace them in that zone with my forces. We've another task force arriving soon which should have been part of that exercise so we've a lot of manpower inbound so I'll not miss a few."

The Task Force took up positions in the waters to the South of Nurashima clearly keeping a corridor to the island open for the arrival of the second task force in the next few hours.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2018, 06:49:14 PM »
Second Lieutenant Amber Meadows and her squad of scouts were up in the far north of the Achkaerinese zone, there were other scout troops in the area as well, their job was a simple one to search for anyone who'd got caught out in the wilds when the tsunami had hit, because there wasn't just the water to be worried about, the root cause of the wave was the earthquake and that also might have had an effect on the islands. They'd just found the remains of a small village and were doing initial assessments of the injured they'd found there, like most of the people they'd come across in their zone they were dealing with the third group the mixed ethnic group.

"Lieutenant Meadows this is the INS Rhyth Icerider" Amber's radio crackled into life
"Receiving." Amber said answering it.
"Please confirm your current location we have you in sector Bravo-2." the voice from the ship said
"Confirmed." Amber said
"Do not proceed further north than .5 into the Alpha sectors." the voice said "We're observing signs of increased Heyran military activity."
"What the heck are they doing?" Amber said
"Making our job even harder yet again." the voice said
"Ok we're going to bring our latest batch of survivors back." Amber said
"Copy that." the voice said

Yuki had left the Sharingan and moved to one of the tents on the waterfront where she was now joined by the ranking officer from Achkaerin's ground troop contingent Lieutenant Colonel Sebastian Brandt They were looking over their latest intelligence, also present was Nettie.
"So as you can see the Heyran's appear to be upping their presence significantly." Sebastian said
"What the hell are they playing at?" Yuki asked
"Whatever it is I imagine it'll prove futile in the end." Nettie said "I'm going to make a call."

"I'm concerned about the worst case scenario in the interim." Sebastian said "I don't like the idea of dividing priorities but for the safety of humanitarian operations, especially considering the Heyran rhetoric, I recommend establishing a hard perimeter at 10km from the city."
"Do it." Yuki said "Hard perimeter nothing inside without our say so. Where's Captain Ford?"
"Approximately an hour from Tansei Naval Base." Sebastian said
"All right then." Yuki said "We'll contact the Cenneg's and the Lodjan's let's see what we think we can do, get hold of the Heyran Brigadier as well."
"I'll inform Captain Ford to make contact with the Lodjan's and I'll send Captain Venables to talk to the Cenneg's." Sebastian said "I presume you want this on the DL?"
"Correct." Yuki said "Let's just hope we're overreacting. Meanwhile when she's finished let's ask Nettie to go and say hi to the Rokkenjiman's."

In Valtheim, Peter Azurewind was sat in his study with Consul Michael Williams who was the leader of the elected government and the Minister of Defence Adam Sheppard, Nettie was on the other end of a phone call and predictably the three Achkaerinese gentlemen weren't impressed with what they were hearing.

"This is getting to be a lot more trouble than it should have been." Peter said "Suggestions?"
"Stop it now before it gets out of control Your Majesty." Michael said
"Adam?" Peter asked
"I agree with Michael." Adam said "There is a long list of possible explanations for what we're seeing Heyra do here, the continued absence of the Ecclesiastical State means their zone which is rather large does lack manpower hence an increase in numbers, but at the same time there are other reasons and those threaten the peaceful future of those islands."
"Nettie?" Peter said
"They're right Peter." Nettie said "Hope for the best prepare for the worst."
"What do you suggest?" Peter asked
"We want a referendum, East Moreland wants a referendum, Dartfordia wants a referendum, Lodja wants a referendum, Ui Cenneslaig wants a referendum." Nettie said, having to speak up a little to make herself heard over a low flying helicopter "It's time to put that in the field."

"Thanks Nettie" Peter said, he hung up the speakerphone and looked at the other two "Thoughts?"
"She's got a point." Adam said "There's nowhere on Mundus Heyran Sovereignty over those islands is going to win a recognition vote. There's also nowhere on Mundus that Himeyaman Sovereignty is going to win a recognition vote. So what's left?"
"Self determination." Peter said "Do it."
"I'll talk to Cheryl and Isabella." Michael said "That at least gets it out in the field."
"I'm going to have Declan Cox talk to the Himeyaman government." Peter said "Let's hope we can get out of the other side of this minefield soon."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2018, 01:40:38 AM »
Bridget Portman was finishing her latest building clearance job which was City Hall, it had been a long drawn out process, with what had happened to Maisie no chances were now being taken now so inspections and assessments were the order of the day before anything. They'd gotten around thirty people out of City Hall and now they were all being assessed. Surprisingly most of them weren't really any the worse for wear, the medics just had to do what they always did.

"Can you tell me your name sir?" Bridget asked as she assessed one of the men they pulled from City Hall
"Aoki Nishida." the man said "I'm the mayor of Hakae-Shima.", Bridget checked the man's head there wasn't any damage
"And what year is it sir?" Bridget asked
"2018." Nishida said
"Ok." Bridget said, she pressed the button on her com "I've got the Mayor at field checkpoint Gamma."

A few minutes later Nettie was on scene talking with Nishida, given all the international developments keeping things calm and providing reassurances to the Mayor was important now, the calmer things were the less chance of trouble there was and the more chance they all had of getting through this thing. The situation was already volatile enough without someone actually lighting the blue touch paper.

Elsewhere in the city Yuki and Sebastian were deep in their own conversation
"We've got into city hall so we should be able to start on the census front shortly." Yuki said, it would undoubtedly help their aid effort if they check the names of survivors against the records of the city's residents "How's the perimeter?"
"Established as best we can, I don't like taking squads away from aid duty but with the Heyran military taking up position there's no other option." Sebastian said "Good thing is we've got more personnel on the way to help minimize the strain."
"Engineers?" Yuki asked
"Yeah, engineers, more medics, scouts and there's even a couple of teams from Nelson Construction coming down to do a damage assessment." Sebastian said
"Please tell me they're not sailing." Yuki said
"Word is that the Vaguzian Government is going to let us fly personnel into Saburi, we've sent the Sea Dragon's up there so we'll relay through that way."[1] Sebastian said "Anything heavy for land clearance is going to have to be sailed in for now hence why the Volga is going up there as well."
"We should have a word with Captain Foyle and see if we can fly any wounded we can't treat here out that way." Yuki said
"I will." Sebastian said

Yuki let out a deep breath, the sooner they had more personnel on the ground the better, this had definitely become a lot messier than she'd expected and certainly a lot messier than most people had probably wanted.
"It's ridiculous isn't it?" Yuki said "Look at this city, full of people who belong to the largest demographic on the islands, who don't identify as either Heyran or Himeyaman and yet Nettie Taylor's the only person talking about them."
"You think they've been forgotten in all of the political chess?" Sebastian asked
"Well I haven't heard anyone else talking about them." Yuki said "But that's supposedly the law of nature the strong survive and the weak perish."
"Yeah never really liked that." Sebastian said
"Nor me." Yuki said "What do you think will happen?"
"Hopefully something reasonable." Sebastian said "But this is why I'm a soldier and not a politician."
"I hear that." Yuki said "But heaven's help us if the unthinkable happens."
 1. OCC - Agreed with Yolo

Offline Tamed_Untamed

• Basically New Zealand
  • Just a writer.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Azenyanistan
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2018, 11:13:28 AM »
Captain Adeline of the Sirinisian frigate was occupied with watching her boys and girls work to get supplies and other things needed by the refugees off the ships. It was controlled chaos. It made her feel a little ill at seeing so many refugees coming to them for help, almost overwhelming them if not for the presence of some Sirinisian soldiers. Adeline also felt happy to at least be of some use here. Although she was an officer, she was in charge of all these. Were it not for her and the Captain of the other ship, things would not have gone smoothly.

Meanwhile, reports never stopped coming to her about what was going on with all the foreigners. The Heyrans, th--- Ugh, it was a bothering thought, a collection of worries for the Captain. All she hoped right now was that not one of those nations would be stupid to start a war here.

For now, she never knew that the Achkaerinese wanted to contact her and other officers present in the Sirinisian side of things. So she was out there, close to the tables and tents, simply observing as she either signed some papers and let the runners go off or got some radio messages she had to entertain.
Whatever you say, Walker. No matter what happens next, don't be too hard on yourself. After all you've done, you can still go home...

- Konrad, Spec-ops: The Line

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2018, 08:01:36 AM »

It may not have been the most sophisticated psalm out there in terms of lyrics and melody, however within the simplicity lies the complexity when it comes to the message; if one were faithful to the Lord he shall be merciful and provide everlasting salvation, beautifully invoked in mundane things such as bread and water. This was the overall feeling the Ecclesiastical Fleet which finally arrived to the centre of the Barnacle archipelago near Tensei Airbase, felt as they were greeted by a large amount of the Island settlers by the harbour, crying in joy and hope, cheering frantically as they eagerly welcomed their long awaited ally and saviour to their despair and misery.

It didn't take too long before the good old Christian spirit of Charity kicked off, as supplies and building materials were being unloaded by marines from the naval vessels in order to rebuild Barnacle, the sisters of the blessed immaculate heart began distributing aid to the local populace while the priests and other clergy did a bt of Everything, providing most importantly moral support to the faithful in the form of praying and Church services.

The Admiral made sure that the plan Went smoothly as possible although was concerned by the recent reports regarding the intense relations between Heyra and Himeyama; although like many other Ecclesiasticals supported the Heyran ownership of every piece of Barnacle, he too wondered how everything would end at last and if there was a peaceful solution to it all; nothing good could come out of bloodshed, which was already too much in current day Mundus if one were to take in account the few ongoing wars and the Borlander menace.

For now he and his command awaited further orders from the rest of their CNN friends and others were scattered throughout Barnacle.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2018, 12:27:14 PM »
As Commodore Rowe oversaw Rokkenjiman aid operations Beatrice stared at the screen before her, hesitant to press the button which would complete the call. She sat there as the moments passed, taking a sip of mead here and there, before using her thumb to press the on-screen button before pressing the phone to her ear.

"Hi," she said upon the phone being answered after a few rings, "I know, it's been a while, I trust you've been well?" she asked, though the answer she knew the most likely answer to. "Look Nettie, we've already seen many missed opportunities and I admittedly approached this situation blinded and distracted, and while you no longer work for me you're still a voice that I know I can trust. Plus, we can both agree that cooperating on what is best for the inhabitants of the islands is what is ultimately important, and even if I'm late in getting my bearings correct we should be cooperating on this."

"So," Beatrice paused, "is there anything I can do to help? Commodore Rowe was a bit annoyed at the unexpected arrival of Achkaerinese ships, but I've made sure he'll be pleasant and cooperative. That being said, if you're agreeable, I'd like to liaison with you on further matters regarding the islands. As you've a head start in that area we'd be following your lead. Cole is also in the room, so if there's anything relating to aid operations we need to cover it's a simple matter of placing you on speaker. He says hello, by the way."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2018, 04:31:23 PM »
The crew of the Ekra-Badger had lost count of the number of sorties that they'd flown forward and back between the islands and East Moreland. The crew had switched out several times and the aircraft was now well over the hours expected between maintenance. The latest sortie saw them pull up at Voltex Airfield, the runway was pox marked by all manner of rubbish and rubble, the centre lights having literally been ripped away leaving small craters. Captain Lucas Shaw of the Royal Engineers had been given the job of making it serviceable and the latest load of the Ekra-Badger was bringing the Marston Matting that would form the foundation of the new runway.

The team had spent the last few hours sweeping the old runway as clear as they could, they'd had an armoured vehicle flown over in the Ekra-Badger and made a makeshift plough blade to literally push aside the assorted crap left behind by the ocean. Once they had a clear view of the tarmac the matting was laid on top. This was unlike the other jobs they'd done when they'd built makeshift airfields as in this case at least they had a solid base. Each area of matting was laid in place and then large metallic pegs were driven into place to fix them, the joins welded and then sanded shut, after 12 hours there was an effectively solid metal runway surface.

As the last spike was driven in and the last joint welded Shaw picked up his radio, "Ostlake Command this is Voltex Airfield, we are open for business." he said proudly as his team sat around enjoying a well deserved tea break.

Further North at Ostlake the first of four Munduslifters was already rolling down the runway, its cargo hold full of bottles or water, cans of food, medical supplies and various other necessary bits and pieces. Once the cargo was on the ground the helicopters from the fleet would shuttle some of it further south into the zone controlled by the Himeyaman Marines where an uneasy truce between Heyra and the Marines still existed. 

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2018, 06:11:08 PM »
"Beatrice right now I'm standing in a city that comprises the mixed ethnicity group as you know they don't identify as either Heyran or Himeyaman, I'm consistently having to reassure the mayor that the international community isn't going to ignore them or forget about them, which is a lot more difficult when an emboldened Heyra decides to militarize the situation because a bunch of people start saying 'this land belongs to Heyra'." Nettie said, she was a little stressed to say the least "We're still pulling survivors out of precarious looking buildings and we've got construction experts on site. The majority of this city is going to need rebuilding in some form so anything like extra supplies or aid you've got. Just I wouldn't advise personnel because the population here aren't entirely sure about Rokkenjima at the moment."

Inside the main tent Mayor Nishida as well as Sebastian, Yuki and the boss of Nelson Construction Timothy Nelson were standing around a table looking a detailed map of the city it had plenty of coloured lines and shapes on it.
"The harbour and waterfront area which as you can see is circled in red is beyond repair, the damage to the buildings is too much they're all structurally unsafe so they're all going to have to come down and be rebuilt." Timothy said "The same's mostly true of all the other buildings we've circled in a similar manner."
"That's most of the administrative centre of the city." Nishida said "You've circled some of the older buildings as well, and obviously the seafront."
"All in all it's about 70% of the city is going to need some work doing on it." Timothy said

"Ok let's move survivors that can be moved to this large park." Sebastian said tapping the map "We'll use tents and prefabs to build temporary housing there while you bring in the construction equipment to start clearing out these areas. We'll have to double check that they're clear of survivors as well."
"What about your perimeter?" Yuki asked
"Digging in ten kilometres out on the line we've marked in black." Sebastian said "Thanks to relaying extra personnel in we'll have enough to get by on both concerns."
"Outer buffer, protects operations and the people of the city." Yuki said "Added bonus less chance of a shooting war while we still have enough people to continue humanitarian work inside the city."
"Anything else?" Sebastian asked
"There's a debate going on in the admiralty about whether the Seònaid Ayanami is going to be diverted down here." Yuki said "Mr Mayor?"

"What's the cost of the reconstruction going to be?" Nishida asked
"There's not going to be a bill for you to worry about Mr Mayor." Timothy said
"Thank you." Nishida said "How long will it take?"
"A good few months." Timothy said "Hopefully the government puts together an aid package with enough to keep you going."
"When do you start work?" Sebastian asked
"As soon as we've got people clear of the work areas." Timothy said
"Do it." Nishida said
"Thank you Mr Mayor." Timothy said

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2018, 09:37:49 AM »
"I know I didn't make things any easier...I'm sorry, for what it's worth," Beatrice said with a sigh. "I misjudged the Heyrans, but as I look back on my conversation with Blackwind, well, I believe I can understand the frustrated looks you would shoot at me following a few Imperial Council sessions. All I needed to hear was 'Heyra honours the right to self determination' and we could have had something to work with, however," she again sighed, "...it's going to be a long road with the Heyran view at present, not to mention the lack of attention to those who would prefer neither Heyra nor Himeyama. Things might be stressful right now but if anyone is in the right place at the right time and has the tools and facilities to meet the challenges at hand, it's you."

"As for what we can do, Blue Star Line has cleared the IMS Poseidon for temporary housing needs, as well as opening her restaurants free of charge to provide meals and clean water, even for those who remain on shore. Included in her stores will be extra medical supplies, clothes, and various donations from across Rokkenjima. Abstergo is able to send some of its ShelterNow portable shelters should those be needed, just say the word and I'll make the arrangements. To ensure the population is comfortable no Rokkenjiman military personnel will be aboard Rokkenjma, instead a liaison from your forces would need to be present for coordination, as well as to continue the relationship you are building with the populace there."

"When this is all over and you have a day or two off let me send the Imperial Concorde to pick you up and we'll have a day at the spa, just as we did after an especially tiring session of the Council. It's the least I can do after contributing to your work load there."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Tamed_Untamed

• Basically New Zealand
  • Just a writer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2018, 08:03:48 AM »
General Transmission from the Sirinisian High Command to the Forces Present at Barnacle:

Sirinisi shall send more ships and men and planes to help Barnacle recover and to provide security. Below is a list of what shall and who shall go:

Berber - Dingane Class Amphibious Assault Ship

Chewa - Cetshwayo Class Destroyer

1st Battalion "Sorakaraka"

We request permission from the Heyran Presidency that we send these to Barnacle to lend our assistance and to also provide more security.
Whatever you say, Walker. No matter what happens next, don't be too hard on yourself. After all you've done, you can still go home...

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2018, 02:33:09 AM »
"The word is given." Nettie said, she glanced around it was a start at least "I've gotta go." she hung up the phone and walked to where Serenity was standing.
"Death count is 3000 so far." Serenity said "Probably going to rise slightly once the rest of the city is fully cleared."
"So still high 40K region we think?" Nettie asked
"That's what we think." Serenity said "Fortunes of geography, science and topography. How's the Mayor?"
"Uneasy to say the least." Nettie said "He's not entirely happy with the state of things."
"I don't think anyone is happy about this." Serenity said "Thousands dead Nettie."
"Yeah thousands dead and potentially more at risk and all because of some of the potential outcomes that still exist to this mess." Nettie said "There are things we need to set in motion to gauge where things stand."

A few hours later in Valtheim Peter was playing a game of cricket in the Palace gardens with his wife, some of the staff and three of his four granddaughters when his Chief of Staff Kumiko Arkwright came into the gardens.
"Peter." Kumiko said, just after one of his granddaughters, Lisa, hit him for six.
"I know that tone." Peter said "What's Beatrice got herself into now?"
"You are never going to believe this." Kumiko said she handed Peter her tablet showing the latest from the Heyran Senate

"Are you kidding me?" Peter asked as he read it "They actually released this?"
"Yes they did." Kumiko said
"What's your read of it?" Peter asked
"Mixed bag" Kumiko said "It doesn't do Rokkenjima any favours but it's not as damaging as some may think to them because we know how flip flop Rokkenjima can be on things. Major headache is Rokkenjiman military interest. But it's really damaging to Heyra as well, it shows that they aren't trustworthy."
"What a sorry state of affairs this is." Peter said "Call in the Round Table Level One."
"You got it." Kumiko said

On the Sharingan Yuki was reading the same article that Kumiko had shown Peter, she often read the various news bulletins from across Mundus while on sea duty but this one almost made her spit out her coffee
"Beckett." Yuki said "Get Rowe on the com now and tell him to call in any search parties he's got out there."
"Skipper?" Beckett asked
"Just do it." Yuki said "I could without the fuel of Rokkenjiman's dying or being attacked being added to the fire."
"Understood." Beckett said

Meanwhile Sebastian had found his way to the Sirinisi base camp, he looked around for someone who appeared to be in charge but wasn't finding anyone so he stopped the next person he saw

"Hi I'm Lieutenant Colonel Sebastian Brandt of the Achkaerinese Army. Could you point me in the direction of someone in charge?" he said

Offline Tamed_Untamed

• Basically New Zealand
  • Just a writer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2018, 02:11:33 PM »
A female NCO that had green, narrowed eyes greeted the foreigner and told him "Sir." She saluted him and then said "I am Master Sergeant Tiritiyi. Our commander in charge is Captain Adeline. I will take you to here if need be. But if you must insist, she is simply at the tents close to the frigate. She is waiting."

Afterwards, the NCO waited for the foreigner to say his words, to either follow her or to simply go by her directions.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2018, 11:43:40 PM »
Nettie wasn't in the best of moods, the last few days had seen an increase in tension around the city and to be fair it was understandable why, the future of the islands was undoubtedly being decided a long way away but the islanders weren't even being talked to about it. Needless to say it wasn't ideal, and the options being considered by Mayor Nishida were getting more and more complicated as the field narrowed. There had been one positive in the form of a message from Evanthe, and it was perhaps this message that was staying the Mayors hand from more extreme options at the moment.

"It's a platform Mr Mayor you should take it." Nettie said, she'd been discussion wise going over the options with Nishida for the last hour "But remember this is no longer about what you want, this is now about what you will settle for."
"So?" Nishida asked, Nettie smiled the Mayor wasn't accustomed to international politics was he?
"Present a position that you are happy with, it doesn't have to be your ideal scenario but one that gets you what you're chasing without jeopardizing Heyra and Himeyama's positions, they're going to slug it out for sovereignty one way or the other, you don't have to get into that though do you? I strongly advise you to talk to her, she's probably the most accomplished diplomat on Mundus if anyone's in a position to assist you politically speaking it is her."
"And the cost?" Nishida asked
"Put your position across correctly and there shouldn't be one, you have a good starting position make the most of it." Nettie said
"Thank you Ms Taylor." Nishida said

Leaving Nishida to do what he felt he needed to do, one way or the other, Nettie left the Mayor's makeshift office in a tent and found where Yuki was paying a visit to the city.
"It's a bad vibe." Nettie said "The entire city is on edge."
"What's Nishida's mind?" Yuki asked
"I'm hoping sensible." Nettie said "Can't say I blame him if it's otherwise though."
"Well Captain Venables confirms the perimeter is fully up and secured" Yuki said "Is he going to talk?"
"I hope so." Nettie said
"And if he doesn't?" Yuki asked
"Then this gets messy." Nettie said
"Let's hope he talks then." Yuki said

At that moment another sound ripped through the still air making both women turn in that direction.
"That was an explosion." Nettie said as Yuki's radio crackled into life...multiple injuries...landmine, it was in some ways the sort of thing they'd considered could happen but also the wild card factor.

Fifteen minutes later on the Nebula a bad situation got even worse as the injured were brought it, Yuki and Nettie had gone to see what had happened but they were in for a shock as the last of the airlifted wounded was brought in, it was Serenity she was unconscious and had what looked like a seriously bad leg wound

"What the hell happened?" Yuki asked looking at one of the uninjured members of the group that had been brought in
"We were doing the rounds of the outlying villages, the Lieutenant was explaining the legalities of the situation as in what the various potential outcomes might entail, we were on the foot and Corporal Mardon stepped on the ground, there was a click and then an explosion, it all happened very fast."

"I'll call him." Nettie said
"No I will." Yuki said "I'm the ranking officer, this is on me, I should tell him but he's never going to forgive me for this."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2018, 12:03:58 AM »
With the fallout of Heyra's diplomatic suicide impacting the security position of Rokkenjiman forces in the region it wasn't difficult for Rowe to comply, pulling back search parties and other assets which had departed the Rokkenjiman Task Force. From here, Rowe would focus on, supporting Achkaerinese forces and others in the region with supplies and logistical concerns. "If we didn't have a role here to perform still I'd personally drag Blackwind out here to do something productive," Rowe muttered. "He wants to impose his rule here, let him do so after actually doing something that helps."

"Take care out there, much love always," Beatrice said as Nettie ended the call. With the nod of her head her staff went to work informing Blue Star Lines to dispatch the Poseidon and inform Mr. Bateson to prepare shelters for their voyage to the islands. Distribution arrangements would be put forth to Achkaerinese forces to prevent the opportunity for shots to be fired at Rokkenjiman forces. For a moment Beatrice pondered another call to Blackwind, however, no amount of explanation would get through how badly the decisions of his Government were now hampering relief efforts in the field.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 11:23:10 PM by Beatrice »

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2018, 10:26:38 AM »
OOC- Just as an aside this needs to kind of run parallel with the Mhorish Island talks. Which as far as this RP is concerned are like a week away from taking place. Its worth noting that Lascelles has actually taken onboard the fact that there are those who may not wish to be either Heyran and Himeyaman as its always been the case Bakkermaya have said like EM it should be the people who choose. The referendum will be

"Under what authority should the Mhorish Islands fall?"

Heyra
Himeyama
Independent.

Furthermore a whole road map towards all three options has been outlined which is actually fairly put for all positions. Just be careful because this Achkaerin and Rokkenjiman RP around this Mayor is kind of going to ruin the Mhorish Islands Conference RP. Personally I was under the impression this RP was focusing on simply the humanitarian effort while various news posts and the like where the focus of the behind the scenes diplomacy.