Author Topic: Lungsod University [OPEN]  (Read 6102 times)

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
Lungsod University [OPEN]
« on: November 18, 2018, 09:38:17 AM »
OOC: If you remember the Chanal university rp, then it will be like that, but hopefully, it would move a bit faster and would remain active for a long time. For those who don’t know what I’m talking about, it would be a slice of life rp for university students that would like to enter Lungsod University. Send just the amount of characters you think you can rp effectively and hope this would be successful.

OFFICIAL LETTER FROM THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION

Dear Students,

We would like to announce, with our honour, that you have been accepted to Lungsod University under the student and cultural exchange program. Attached to this letter is a plane ticket to Lungsod City, stipend for the first week amounting to $100, and a beginner’s guide to speaking Tagalog. Student interpreters will still be given to those that are not proficient in speaking either English or Tagalog.

Tertiary education in Quintelia is paid, however, scholarship programs such as this grants free education for those with very high General Weighted Averages. By entering this program, you, as a student, are required to follow Quintelian law and assure the University that you have no criminal record and has an above average intelligence or skill in sports.

Truly Yours,

Minister of Education
Julio Briones

Lungsod International Airport was full of tourists entering and expats leaving, just a typical Sunday afternoon for the airport. A small part of the food court in terminal 3 is allocated for the arriving students to wait at for a few minutes, complete with a few food kiosks and stands that sell souvenirs. The allocated area also has a few guards stationed and a registration booth for the students to enter their details and verify that they indeed receive a letter from the Minisitry of Education. A few meters from the food court would be the entrance to a duty free shop where the students can buy a their essentials such as bathroom and school supplies. Signs were also placed throughout the terminal as to avoid the students from getting lost.

OOC: just give an intro to your character and have them mingle with the others while waiting for people to show up.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 05:10:37 PM by Major Jaws »

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
  • Selamlar, ich bin ein Türke. Probably.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nichitishi
Re: Lungsod University [OPEN]
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 08:53:28 AM »
"For Brassicus Prime's sake Cséynep, I am your friend and all, but you can't just get my hat without asking! That isn't even a hat fit for a woman isn't it?" said Peterhoff, trying to get his hat back from his friend, running around the airport. "Pete, promise me you'll get me a new hat... Nay, a whole new dress!" said Cséynep, still getting chased by Peterhoff. "Bloody hell, if I had a wife she'd have less needs than you. Alright, I submit! Can you stop running now and give me my hat?" Peterhoff finally catched her and got his hat.

"Look at what you've done! People look at us like we're two mad men! Or mad man and a mad woman..." he looked around him. "Look at all this fancy screens and stuff! Looking at this I can almost believe that this Internet thing they talk about exists! Almost.". "Eh, the Internet? Pete, if planes can exist why not the Internet?" said Cséynep, taking a seat on one of the airport benches. "Well my naive friend, if the Internet exists then I'll buy you a pair of shoes along with that dress and hat as well!". The two Cabbagelandetians started waiting for the other students, sitting on the airport bench.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 05:23:46 PM by CabbagePreacher »
Cabbagelandiet still lives on thine heart!

The Factbook of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1864.msg16144
The Important People of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1865.msg16145#msg16145

Offline Admiral Taiwanpenguin

• Regional Power
  • Glory to the Revolution!
    • View Profile
    • Second Imperial Chinese Republic
  • Your Nation: 2nd Imperial Chinese Republic
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 04:56:14 PM »
(OOC: Based on the assumption that the treaty with Quintelia has been signed.)

Prince Jingliaozhong strode evenly across the ground into the airport, the doors sliding shut behind him and his childhood friend Zhonghaiwei entered the building. As they passed the window, they saw the military helicopter that had brought them here fly away towards the horizon.

“Well, if you wanted to stay home, you've certainly lost that chance now, Haiwei.[1]

“閉嘴.[2]

Haiwei looked perfectly calm, but Jingliaozhong, or his nickname, Hertz, knew better.

They both were Watcher-Librarians, arriving in neighboring Quintelia to learn both the culture and the modern technology of the world. That being said, both young men were of talent, Hertz having pioneered (and partially funded with Imperial funds) the Imperial Technological Institute's nuclear fusion reactor. Haiwei, meanwhile, had designed most of the current architectural upgrades to the homes in the Imperial Republic, making them less prone to destruction during the seasonal monsoon or snowstorm.

Their personalities also greatly differed. Hertz was an fatalistic introvert, much to the Emperor's chagrain. He mostly preferred his books and close personal friends (such as Haiwei) over addressing the crowds of his people. Haiwei, on the other hand, was outgoing and fiercely optimistic, though at the moment he was facing cultural shock, for seeing the sheer lack of blast doors and reinforced concrete staggered his mind.

Hertz just deeply sighed, then took his friend by the arm and dragged him, baggage and all, to the row of seats. Haiwei was the first to notice the Cabbagelandtians in their 19th-century garb.

“Ah, great. 你看,太子。[3] Cabbage-lovers.

Hertz, trying very hard to pronounce the words, reproached Haiwei.

“Haiwei, those are people from Cabbageland-landli- ach verdammit, people from Cabbagelandiet. There. Got the name down. Gah. Anyway, be polite. They are to be our classmates.”

Gottimhimmel, from what I can guess about them from the news, they're quite a while behind. But that hopefully means more interesting cultural influence doesn’t it?”

They approached the pair, and both politely introduced themselves, as per custom, despite all prejudice that Haiwei had just bore.

1. In Chinese, the last name is spoken first
 2. Mandarin: Shut up.
 3. Mandarin: Look over there, Prince.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 09:14:22 PM by Admiral Taiwanpenguin »
Factbook
SICRD-PAO

By the Dragons and the Emperor-Admiral, Forward!

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 07:09:34 PM »
"Oh well Cséynep, it seems we have a pair of guests! Get your lazy arse up, let's greet them like normal people." Peterhoff and Cséynep stood up and greeted the Dragoni guests. "Hello there, I would happen to be Peterhoff Brassicus, son of Brassicus II, Grand Preacher of Cabbagelandiet. And also heir. Stressfull stuff isn't it? And that here is my friend Cs--" Cséynep interrupted, smiling. "Won't you let a lady introduce herself? I'm Cséynep Rsizadam, just a random Cabbagelandetian who happens to be a friend of this lovely chap over here."

Peterhoff decided to ask the two Dragoni a question "This might be a bit of a weird question to you, but does this Internet thing I've been hearing about exist? I mean, an infinite source of information on some "information counter" thing, surely everyone is kidding, right? Well my naive friend here thinks that this exists, and I think that it's ridiculous!"

The Factbook of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1864.msg16144
The Important People of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1865.msg16145#msg16145

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 08:01:12 PM »
Hertz and Haiwei bowed, with Haiwei replying first.
“Good to meet you, Prince Peterhoff, Cséynep. My name is Zhonghawei, just an aspiring architect and Watcher-Librarian.”

Hertz politely continued, “Well met, both of you. I am Prince Regent Jingliaozhong von Heisen-Duminjia, son of the current Emperor-Admiral and heir apparent, but please, call me Hertz. Like my friend, I also am a Watcher-Librarian, though my interests reside in the field of natural philosophy.”

When Peterhoff asked his question about the internet, Hertz slowly bit his lip while Haiwei took a deep breath and said, “Yes. A near-infinite source of information that can be found on a device known as a computer. Unfortunately it contains an amount of misinformation, so be careful about what you read.”

Hertz spoke up, finally overcoming his awkward moment.

“And watch out for computer viruses. They are not a joke. Small packages of digital information that will extract your personal data and wreck your computer. If you want to learn more you should probably take the programming classes.”

“Otherwise, they are a massive souce of information, and some nations even have purchasing systems linked up on them.”

Factbook
SICRD-PAO

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 09:22:04 PM »
Quintelia was probably one of the last places anyone would expect to find a known Achkaerinese face, but when it came to minimizing exposure to the public eye it was a pretty good option, even better for the nobles who were at that age and it never hurt to get out and see the world. So here they were a few Achkaerinese students first up the Amberbrook twins of Robin and Elianor along with their brother who was a year younger Amulius, it was a close knit family though the strongest relationship was of course between the twins. Robin finished texting their mother the news of their safe arrival in Quintelia and put his phone away in his jeans pocket.

"All I'm saying is that Ridge can beat him again." Amulius said
"Only if his reverse swing is sharp and only if he avoids it becoming a hawk fight." Robin said
"As much as I love the topic we've been debating this the whole flight down." Elianor said, the subject being the upcoming Medieval MMA fight between Morelanders Louis Blanche and Tom Ridge, the fight wasn't scheduled until January but given the three of them were fans of the sport and each harboured hopes of getting into it the sport tended to come up as a conversation topic a lot.
"Sorry El." Robin said "I'll go and do the registering thing, you two go find some food."
"Am I buying you lunch now?" Elianor asked
"If you like." Robin said, he went over to the registration desk and after checking that he was down for history, Elianor was down for sports science and Amulius was down for philosophy signed that they were all there.

On a different flight to the Amberbrook's had been Grace Alleine, new to the music scene, her breakthrough concert had been the New years gig in January, for her studying abroad was a great way to focus on things outside of the public eye and maybe do a few gigs at the student union. She had her headphones in as she strolled into the terminal, lifting her sunglasses up to her forehead she looked around, looked like a nice place didn't it? She was going to study literature and creative writing, which could both help her fledgling music career but also serve as the foundation of a viable fall back career if music didn't work out for her.

But it wasn't just the nobility enrolled here, that much was evident anyway, but an example was Maria Harper, fresh out of high school with good grades and a sports fan, she wore an Avalon Ladies F.C shirt with the name Silva on the back in reference to Tori Silva one of Achkaerin's greats in the women's football world. She was here to study physiotherapy but she was also here to play some sport which was probably best explained by the university's offer to her - a sports scholarship, which in simple terms meant come and play football for us and we'll fund your education, an offer Maria had found very reasonable, she'd even bought a couple of new pairs of boots for the occasion and was keen to make new friends and have a lot of fun.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 10:17:32 PM »
Darya Natalka was probably one of the most annoyed people at having to come to Lungsod University.She'd just graduated high school and with the grades she'd got she could have gone to one of the top Universities back home and been in the bossum of the Lodjain social circle. As a recently turned 18 year old daughter of an influential Baron Lodjain society would normally have welcomed her with open arms. Her father though had insisted, it was becoming the latest trend and that meant her father had to be all over it, the idea of sending children abroad for a short time. It was all thanks to Princess Alana, someone Darya considered a close friend. The sister of the deceased Queen Viktoria had spent time studying abroad and come back having enjoyed the experience as such every Patrician seemed likely to be sent overseas.

Unlike many who would be coming to Lungsod she hadn't used the plane ticket instead her father had given her his private jet. In some ways Darya wished she'd arrived just like anyone else but then again the ample leg room, bedlike seats and a huge in plane cinema had made that thought less of a concern. As the aircraft had touched down it had taken two of the onboard staff to help her remove her luggage to the main terminal. She made her way towards where she'd been told to meet with everyone else having made arrangements with a courier to have her travel trunk and three suitcases taken to her rooms. She approached a likley looking group and took a deep breath. "Hello. I'm guessing your all going to Lungsod. I'm Darya from Lodja, where you all from?" she asked.

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 05:40:49 PM »
Peterhoff saw Darya coming. He wasn't really impressed by the long-haired-blonde girl and her servants.Why can't people be more humble and carry their own briefcases for Brassicus Prime's sake?! He decided to calm himself down and received her greeting. "Well, I'd happen to be Peterhoff Brassicus, but most people call me Pete. You've probably guessed that I'm from Cabbagelandiet from my garb, me being the son of the ruler of Cabbagelandiet, my father being Brassicus II. A pleasure to meet you." After Peterhoff, Cséynep spoke "I'm Cséynep Rsizadam, friend of Pete." she looked at Darya's hair "Bloody hell, you should teach me how to do my hair like that!"

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 07:41:52 PM »
Quintelia is the last place a Socramese person would visit, as the bad blood between the two nations never died down since the 80's. However, two students of the Socram Island National High School, the largest school in Socram both in population and in campus area, took part in the Quintelian program. One of them, Neemila Manjula Patil, a female botany student, is one of the few that were not hostile towards the Quintelians. Along with her is Murali Gurmeet Mhasalkar, another botany student, who has the exact opposite of opinions from Neemila. The pair arrived in the airport, debating on which of them has the right opinion and which of them is a dumbass.
"See? No-one seems to be bothering us, so why would you want every Quintelian to be gone." Neemila asked, in their language as to not be overheard by the nosy Quintelians.
"Because they clearly wanted us to be gone a few decades ago. It's just fair." Murali replied with a raised voice. The security in the airport, however, had a bit of a bias against the two, as their baggage and bodies were fully searched, in case of any dangerous substance or weapon. Thankfully, nothing suspicious was seen and the two went on to the meeting place, continuing their debate loudly.

On the friendlier spectrum are the Pardclinnese, being colonized at almost the same time by the Catholics, which means Quintelia and Pardclinnia aren't far away in culture. About twenty Pardclinnians arrived in the airport, each with their own reasons for studying in Quintelia. One of these students is Ferdinando Parma, from the capital city of Sopranum. What's interesting about him is that he and his family lived in some informal settlement besides some railroads, and he and his family never owned any official property. This did not deter Ferdinando and as fate made it, Ferdinando reached the top of his class and is now in Lungsod City. In the meeting place, he looked around for a bit, he did not really got close with his fellow countrymen, so he sat silently, holding his phone on one hand and his other hand fidgeting some lint in his pocket.

OOC: I'll start moving the rp hopefully in Wednesday. As for now, have your characters interact for a bit.

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 08:00:52 PM »
"What in Brassicus Prime's holy name is that?!" exclaimed Peterhoff and Cséynep, seeing Ferdinando using his phone. "Is he insane? He's just touching a bar of... metal?" Peterhoff said, approaching Ferdinando.

"Mate, can I ask you what you are doing, touching that metal bar repeatedly?" Peterhoff hoped that he hadn't just encountered an insane person.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2018, 08:02:24 AM »
Ferdinando sat quietly, reading more on Lungsod University and Quintelia while listening to some Pardclinnian rapper, who grew up in the same slums as he did. Each of the twenty scholars were given their own new phone and laptop for them to use for the whole duration that they are part of tge scholarship. At first, he tried to ignore the Cabbages, but decided to do something to deal with the two. He opened Snapchat and had the dog filter on, hiding the screen as he replied. "I see that you have not witnessed the magic of phones. Well, what I was doing is getting my own desires, looking at what I want right now. Wanna try?" Ferdinando smirked a bit, but waited no further, showing the screen and the front camera towards Peterhoff, reflecting off Peterhoff's face with extra features.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 10:21:07 PM »
Darya felt sorry for Peterhoff, the clothes he was wearing and he seemed rather proud of....well they were so out of fashion it was like they came from a different century yet alone decade. She was rather pleased however tha tCséynep seemed to appreciate her hair, "We'll you can always check out my instagram" she explaned only then to realise that these two clearly had no idea what the hell that was, she felt a little sorry for them again as she realised that they were essentially at least fifty years behind the times.

"You shouldn't trick them" Darya said as she removed her own phone and showed the pair of them a non filtered version of their faces. "Its like a special camera that draws automatically on your face." She tapped her own phone screen having got herself, Cséynep and Peterhoff in the frame. She turned the screen so the two Cabbagelandians could see it. "Look normal" she slid the phone back into her pocket. "If you think that was amazing wait until you actually get a proper computer" she shook her head as she uploaded the image she'd just taken to her instagram account. "So what do you folks do for fun?" She asked.

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2018, 04:41:55 PM »
Peterhoff and Cséynep looked closely at the filter on their faces, checking their head to make sure that somebody hadn't pulled a prank on them. Before they could say anything Darya came to his help.

"What do I do for fun? I usually just do some knitting, gifting it to friends. I made the hat I'm wearing by myself!" proudly stated Cséynep. "Or I just scribble some building designs on to a piece of paper. Turns out I was decent at it, and now I'm here!"

"Ah, so they're... fancier portable cameras then?" said Peterhoff after hearind Darya's explanation, hoping he understood what those weird metal bars were. "Well I usually go and do some dueling with friends for fun. Maybe go to the local tea-place and spend time with them." replied Peterhoff, warming up to Darya. "You know, you should teach me how to use these machinations some time, err, what was your name... Darya."

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2018, 04:55:16 PM »
Haiwei and Hertz quietly retreated to a pair of unoccupied seats, allowing the newcomers to chat among themselves. Hertz took to reading a novel that he pulled out of his baggage while Haiwei watched the others from afar.

“Hmm. Noble-who-can’t-carry-her-own-baggage, people from the insane, trigger-happy- Ow!”

Rubbing the place where his friend had elbowed him, he muttered,

“Fine, fine, I'll have some respect for people who have nearly no sense of protecting themselves from absolute death, run around with almost a limitless amount of distractions on their tablets, and constantly get themselves high and overdose on lethal amounts of drugs.”

Hertz lowered his book and gave Haiwei an amused expression.

“Why so anti-foreigner? You can't blame them, I'll bet most of them didn’t have a giant, multi-generation-long war that killed millions. And they're not like us, where we spend time studying, they spending it amusing themselves. The same applies to their drugs.”

“Bah.”

Hertz chuckled and continued reading.

“You think the Cabbage-Eaters will modernize within the next decade?”

“Well, they have a decent chance - wait, Cabbage-Eaters? First Cabbage-lovers, now Cabbage-Eaters? What is this, a competition to call other people names?”

“In a sense, yes.”

“In a sense, you should probably stop insulting schoolmates before you end up bruised all over.”

“What will they do, toss cabbages at me?”

As they continued their lighthearted conversation, Haiwei pulled out a notebook and started sketching the architecture of the airport, so different from the shock-absorbing arches back in the Imperial Republic.

“Speaking of drugs, The Emperor-Admiral made them only for medical purposes, right?”

Ja. Father didn't want anyone getting addicted to the stuff like so many people used to eat those peculiar mushrooms up north, near Eltenbacht.”

Haiwei watched the Cabbagelandtians get introduced to tablets.

“I think they have a long way to go.”

Hertz looked up from his book again.

“So do we. We came here to learn the sciences and knowledge that Quintelia has to offer.”
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 08:41:32 PM by Admiral Taiwanpenguin »
Factbook
SICRD-PAO

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2018, 10:05:35 AM »
Ferdinando was surprised when Darya went over to where they were. Not only that of all the Pardclinnians present, he was the one getting the most international attention, if one could put it that way. "Hey, it's not my fault that they're that backwards. Even in the slums, I know someone who owns a computer repair shop, and they can still take in some profit." Ferdinando remarked. "Wait, put me in the picture." Ferdinando tried to squeeze in between the two Cabbages and Darya.

"Good morning everyone." A middle aged woman approached to where the foreign students are. "I am Pepita Garcia, the head of the Lungsod University Student Exchange Program and I shall supervise all of you for the first week." She checked the "Now, with heavy traffic in most of Lungsod, I would like to request for all of you to go to tarmac five and board the airship." She said, leading the students through the airport and to the tarmacs outside. There was only one airship in the whole tarmac, to which Pepita had all students board the craft. ”Before we take off, I shall have a roll call.“ She continued as she took the registry paper and called the names of the students one-by-one and the blimp took of when it was determined that no one was missing from the list, the blimp took off. (OOC: For the late rpers, start from here)

From the windows of the airship, all of the metropolitan area can be seen: from the skylines of Ayala built to withstand strong winds, to the slums of Fort Bonifacio, a colorful eyesore; the morning rush was also visible from the top, alongside the huge parks near the city center and government buildings. At the northern horizon, the Laurel City skyline can be seen, although it is slightly covered by the morning fog. “Welcome to Lungsod. As you can see from here, the University is a ten minute travel from here, much shorter than the five hour travel we would have gone through if we had a bus transport us. Thankfully for you, you don't have to experience such headache for now since your dorms are on campus. However, if you were to try and leave the campus to explore the city, well, expect to be stuck in this.”

Most of the Pardclinnians, including Ferdinando, whipped out their phones and cameras to take a panorama of the Quintelian skyline. Meanwhile, the two Socramese stopped their friendly argument for awhile as they gazed on the metropolitan area. “This is what Socram would be if the royal family wasn't murdered.” Murali said to Neemila. “Plus hear me out, how can they develop this while having a famine and later, a mutiny? That's just bullshit.” He continued as he cited questionable sources from the internet.

“Come on, we all know how much money the family pocketed. Plus, be thankful that Sarandib now treat us Socramese better than ever.” Neemila replied. “Also, remember that Quintelia has more resources than us. It's our fault that we burned the bridge with them, now’s the time to repair it.”

“Urgh. you're not from Sarandib, that's why you can't understand my point. If Socram was still alive, then we'd already have nukes.” He said, being staunch on his position, with Neemila rolling her eyes.

The joyride on the airship finished as it descended on the central field of the campus. Around it are a few hundred students that don't have classes and are in their free time, looking at the blimp. “Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Lungsod University. This will be your home for the next few months. Please follow me to the dorms, which is just that building over there.” Pepita pointed to a five-story building, seemingly looking like the newest. She led the students towards the apartment-like building, taking the students to see the basketball court, football field, the botanical garden, and the historic main building before arriving at the dorm building. “Now, the first floor of this building is reserved for guests and VIPs, and as such, this is where all of you will stay. Each room will have four beds, a refrigerator, a microwave oven, a desktop, and two bathrooms. You have the liberty to choose your room and your roommates.” As soon as she said that, most of tge Pardclinnians, except for Ferdinando, flocked to the first few rooms.

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2018, 02:07:46 PM »
The two Cabbagelandetians were amazed by how the city looked. This one city probably contained more than the whole population of Cabbagelandiet. The view wasn't for long as the airship descended on to the campus.

"Pete, should we get another person in our room? I mean, we need someone to guide us through the facilties of modernity." asked Cséynep to Peterhoff. "You know what, I had the same idea as well... And I know just the person!" Peterhoff walked towards Darya, Cséynep following him. "Darya, would you like to join me and my friend in the search for a room? I think we three would go great together!"

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Alakhwan
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2018, 04:47:03 PM »
"Oooh, this place is amazing," Yxa said in Xaethoon, grinning as she looked out over the city as the airship made it's way to the University, "Seriously, look at it Aaxa!"

"I am, Yxa," said the identical woman next to her, "And it doesn't hold a candle to Jiloola."

Yxa rolled her eyes, "Well, duh. It's still beautiful. I'm sure you'll love living here!"

"Staying."

"What?"

"Staying here. My actual home is back in Jiloola," Aaxa clarifies before turning her attention to her phone. Yxa sighs and takes her phone out as well, though she takes pictures and videos of the city's skyline.

------

The pair of them followed along with the tour, even Aaxa beginning to look interested in the campus though she'd vehemently deny it. "Now, we have to find a pair of roommates!" Yxa declared with a smile, and began searching the crowd for anyone interesting looking who didn't seem to have already been taken. The two of them have rather stereotypically Xaethoon looks, shorter than average with light brown skin and light hair. Their hair, dirty blonde in the twins' case, is tied up in a long braid that reaches down to their chests and the pair are both wearing long, draped dresses decorated with intricate patterns.

"Do we really need roommates?" Aaxa said with a grimmace, "We're fine with just the two of us, aren't we?"

"Yeah, but where's the fun in going to school in a foreign country if you don't make any foreign friends?"

"Fuck foreigners."

"Maybe I will," Yxa says happily, still in Xaethoon, to which her sister shoots her a dirty look. "Oh it was a joke, lighten up!" Yxa says, playfully giving Aaxa a push as she stays on the lookout for any interesting exchange students.

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2018, 05:02:01 PM »
Hertz marveled first at the wind-resistant structures, then looked around the interior of the airship. Haiwei looked about the city in horror.

“Why are there so many above-ground buildings?! And that’s a slum?! Why are there so many cars? Where are the rail lines? The radar stations?!”

“Calm down, as I keep telling you, we had a war, they didn't. Though...why an airship? I mean I get that they didn't fight nearly a century's worth of ceaseless warfare, but still, these things blow up all the time. Remember Lieutenant Bahnhoff? He told us about the time the OC troops used zeppelins to bomb Nanjing, but the IFC just blew out their gasbags and engines with artillery? He said it only took fifteen minutes to blow it out of the air. Only six people were hurt.”

Haiwei took a moment to look about the interior of the zeppelin as well, then muttered something about “insane city layout” before giving Hertz a look of dismay.

Ach, roomates. Of course.”

“We'll be fine on our own I think. Remember, we came here to study, not waste our scholarships. Let’s make good use of our time, ja?”

Hertz and Haiwei immediately headed towards the dorms.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 10:15:51 PM by Admiral Taiwanpenguin »
Factbook
SICRD-PAO

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2018, 03:57:25 PM »
Rather predictably Robin and Elianor found a room that had two beds free and started to unpack, they weren't too worried about who their roommates would turn out to be after all one of the major things about University life once you got outside of the course was to experience new things and meet new people. They were intrigued by what they'd seen of the campus so far and were looking forward to a little more exploration once they had the chance.

"There's an awful lot of space to this campus by the looks of it." Robin said "Shouldn't be too difficult to find a good spot."

"Let's hope." Elianor said as Amulius poked his head around the door "Where are you?"

"Across the hall and two doors down." Amulius said "Nice place so far I think."

"We agree." Robin said

A little further down the corridor in the dorm Grace was unpacking her stuff, she wouldn't be surprised if she discovered that she had more luggage than most of the exchange students what with her guitar, keyboard and boxes of sheet music. She'd made a mental note of where the student union building on campus was, intending to take a walk down there later and see if she should snag herself a little deal, but for now she threw herself onto her bed on her back her eyes closed, headphones in and music playing.

As for Maria she'd found herself a bed at the end of the corridor and unpacked as quickly as she could, eager as she was to get a look at the rest of the campus and make some new friends.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2018, 09:09:40 PM »
Darya cast her eyes up and down Peterhoff as he asked her to be his and Cséynep's room mate. He was a little,well last century she thought would be the best way of describing it. Still the man was heir to some throne so getting to know him better could be an advantage. "Well depending how the rooms work I think that could be fun" she replied, "I mean a lady will need her privacy wouldn't she" Darya addressed Cséynep, "So if we can find a place with some privacy then sure why not. Otherwise perhaps us two girls should room and Peterhoff find someone to share with." She suggested. Truth be told she wasn't sure of how the rooms worked, back home in Lodja students each had their own bedroom but shared bathrooms and kitchens and so she wondered what the case would be here. "I mean we don't want to worry about having to worry about get changed for example, you wouldn't want to be seeing me naked now would you.....or would you?" she cheekily winked at Peterhoff before laughing.

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2018, 07:20:03 PM »
"I mean, I'd have no problem s--" Peterhoff couldn't finish his sentence as Cséynep intervened. "Bloody hell Pete, you are supposed to study not do random foreigners you met an hour ago! No offense to you, Darya." Peterhoff, now emberassed, decided that he'd just shut up and look at how the rooms looked and entered the first room he found.

"Unf- Fortunately it seems the bedrooms are seperated!" said Peterhoff, exploring the room. "Well then, what is this weird glass-window like box? Is it a window or something more complicated?" said Cséynep, inspecting what a modern person would call a "computer" "Well Darya, why won't you show us what it is?"

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2018, 08:16:31 PM »
By now Yxa and Aaxa had made their way into the dormitory, half-busy looking for a room and half-busy chatting with one another. That was when Yxa noticed Amulius as he stood there chatting with his siblings, and they immediately piqued her interest. Aaxa just shook her head as she followed her sister towards the trio; in truth she had hoped they'd just find a room of their own. Of course, she hadn't honestly thought that was likely but one is always allowed to hope.

"Xitaar!" Yxa said, smiling friendlily at the three of them, "I don't suppose you happen to still be looking for some roommates?"

"Aaxa," said Aaxa, walking up behind her twin.

"Oh, sorry!" Yxa chuckled, then gestured to herself, "Yxa."

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2018, 07:29:38 AM »
The two Socramese students picked the room where Maria settled. They unpacked their things, set their bed, and set a small shrine for Bhrama and Vishnu on one of the desks in their own room. They also put went to both bathrooms, setting down some sort of incense on the sink. They then quietly left as they made their way to the cafeteria, which was earlier pointed out by Pepita.

Meanwhile, Ferdinando followed the Cabbagelandetians and Darya to their rooms as he set his own bed, not caring who owned the bed below him. He plugged his extension cord on one of the outlets and winded it up to his bed and then plugged the chargers for his phone and laptop. Ferdinando booted his laptop. As he typed in his password, he overheard Darya teasing the brussel sprout, to which he sighed.

As the foreign exchange students settled in their respective rooms, a speaker rang and a voice was heard. “Interns, breakfast is now available in the cafeteria.” Outside, local students, a handful looked like they did not sleep, began to make their way to the cafeteria. These students are mostly from provinces far from Lungsod City, as students who are in or near Lungsod either rented a nearby apartment or condominium, or just commuted straight from their home. The halls of the first floor began to fill up with students on their way for their routine breakfast, most of them peeking through the windows to get a quick glimpse of what's happening and who are the new people, not that there's a chance they'll meet the foreign exchange students.

The cafeteria was less of a canteen and more of a food court with a bunch of different stalls and kiosks selling varied types of food. Most of the stalls sell cheap homemade rice meals, with prices varying between 2 to 3 Quintelian Pesos[1]. A few of the stalls sell fast food, from burgers to fried chickens, while a few others sold packed snacks. Of course, the food was enough to feed everyone in the dorm and the whole campus staff, so there will always be food for the exchange students. Meanwhile, there were no vacant tables left, so the exchange students will have to sit with the local students, whether they like it or not.
 1. $1 = 2 Quintelian Pesos
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 05:10:46 PM by Major Jaws »

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2018, 12:13:19 AM »
Darya couldn't help but laugh at Peterhoff's embarassment, "I can see you've a lot to learn" she finished pushing her various travel trunks under her bed so she could unpack them later. "Its dead simple" she pointed toa  switch, "This is the on switch, press it" she waited a second or two until the screen came on. "Click here using this" she demonstrated with the mouse. "Then you use the keyboard to type in whatever you want to know." She thought for a moment and then typed, "Best bars in Lungsod" and then waited a split second for it to spit the results out. "You see everything you need to know at your fingertips." She looked at a few of the webpages assessing her views in a momentary glimpse at the bars webpage. "Give it a try while I get changed" she disappeared off into the girls room and flung open a travel chest and picked out her favourite pair of jeans, a white vest top that revealed a glimpse of her stomach and then a bright red jacket over the top. She checked her hair carefully in the mirror, made some minor adjustments. "We should maybe go and grab some good and then we can find a bar and go get a drink or three?" she suggested before heading out and down towards the cafeteria. She found some kind of familiar looking food in the form of a burger and sat down, "So we're heading to a bar soon, anyone coming?" Darya asked.

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2018, 02:14:18 PM »
"So it's a fancier typewriter then?" said Peterhoff, grasping the very complicated concept of a "computer". He decided to search around while Cséynep was changing. "Let's see here... Cabbagel- No not 'csabagelanfei', why is this writing device so weird?"

After a few tries he managed to type in Cabbagelandiet in the search bar, though his searching endevours were cut short by Cséynep getting out of her room. Of course, she was in her long green skirt and coat with her hat on top. The two waited for Darya then followed her to the cafeteria. All the foodstuff seemed weird and foreign so the Cabbagelandetians decided to not get anything.

"She looks nice innit." whispered Peterhoff to Cséynep. "I think you shouldn't trust Lodjans. They marry multiple men at once for Brassicus Prime's sake! And you're here to learn stuff, you aren't here to make illegitimate children with the first Lodjan you see!" replied Cséynep. "What makes you thi-" Peterhoffs reply was cut short by the offer to go to a bar. "Bars? Well... I don't really go to those places. I'm usually at the tea-house getting myself some tea with the lads, but I guess I can't turn down an offer from someone like you." Cséynep sighed to Peterhoffs reply "You do you Pete, I'll be staying here... Doing something. What can you do here anyways?"

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2019, 06:01:31 PM »
Ferdinando followed the Cabbages and Darya to the cafeteria, skimming through the Tagalog guide attached on the acceptance letter. Back in Pardclinnia, he would have to skip breakfast daily so that he can afford to eat lunch, but with the money given by the program, he can finally afford to eat three meals a day. As he looked around the place, he is overwhelmed by the number of food, much more that it was cheaper than in Pardclinnia. However, what baffled him more was how Peterhoff, a son of a head of state, does not know what a computer is. Pardclinnia was an agricultural country two decades ago until factories were set up and now exports electronic parts and components to tech companies. If someone who lived below the poverty line for all his life has a phone and multiple social media accounts, how can someone Peterhoff not have one.

While Darya took a burger and the cabbages took none, he took a rice meal with Tocino. When confronted with the question of going to a bar, he laughed hard for a few seconds before realizing that it wasn't a joke. "Wait, you're serious? I don't think I'll want to stay out of trouble for the first week, and that includes going for a drink. Also, I'd like to save some money for my own. Plus I don't think bars would be open this early here." He quickly replied, trying not to look like he's mocking her.

Meanwhile, the Socramese were also in the cafeteria, getting a vegetarian meal as both were Hindu. Quintelian students were also arriving in larger numbers, taking any empty seats, not caring who's already occupied the tables. One of them was Juan Castro, taking a seat next to Darya, putting his plate on the table, although he remained quiet at first.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2019, 12:37:33 AM »
Robin and Elianor glanced at each other asking the question silently, here they were twins and now another pair of twins was enquiring about rooming with them.

"We'd be delighted if you wanted to be roommates." Robin said to the Xaethoon pair "I'm Robin, this is my twin sister Elianor and our younger brother Amulius."
"Hi." Elianor said
"Nice to meet you." Amulius said "So what are you studying here?"

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2019, 12:56:25 AM »
"Undecided," Yxa answers with a grin, "What's the point in choosing before I get a chance to try everything? I'd hate to be stuck in a major I hate, you know?"

"Biology," was Aaxa's simple reply.

"So, what are you guys studying?" Yxa asked, quickly beginning the process of unpacking her belongings when she was interrupted by the breakfast announcement, "Hmmm, you know what? I'm actually pretty hungry; you guys want to grab something to eat?" She grins at the twins and their brother while Aaxa continues unpacking, seemingly paying little attention to her sister or her conversation.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2019, 11:44:54 AM »
“You’ve heard of the foreign exchange students?” A nineteen year old freshman asked his roommate.
“The whole student body knows that, What makes you think that I’m not aware of that Jose?” The roommate replied, not bothered from his phone, while his towel drapes over his shoulders.
“Well, they just arrived here, and it seems that they’re staying in the first floor of this building.” Jose said, looking at his phone.
“Yeah, I saw it on Twitter.”
“Ugh, damn you Jan, how come you always know everything before me? Anyways, don’t you think we should take a look at their rooms, maybe even say hello?” Jose asked, as he packed his laptop to its respective bag.
Gago ka ba?[1] You know very well that I want to keep my record clean, and that I’m not as outgoing as you are.” Jan squinted at Jose before continuing. “But sure, if you want to say hello, then let’s just go say hello at the cafeteria.” Jan hanged his towel and put on his shirt.
Bahala ka diyan[2][. But I’m sneaking off to their rooms and it’d be your loss if…” Jose was cut off by Jan.
“If what? If you get a fucking creep shot of those Achkaeranese girls or that Lodjian girl then congratulations, you’re a pervert.” Jan said, drinking his last sip of coffee before standing up. “Anyways, I’m off to get my breakfast, with or without you.” Jan took his bag, phone, and wallet and left.
Jose sighed, as he took his small bag of cocaine he plans to snort during math class. “Oh now that he mentions it.” Jose looked unplugged his phone from the charger, took his bag, and left. The halls was crowded with students hurrying up not to be late to their class, hungry students, or those that are trying to follow their own schedule to the second. He looked at the hall in the first floor, where the open door leads to the dorm rooms of the exchange students. CCTV cameras have a visual of the hall, but conveniently, the IT technician of the building is his friend, so Jose is sure that he won’t be reprimanded. Jose peeked on one of the doors, which was occupied by Pardcinese students. He then decided to take a peek on the next door, which was quiet for some reason, he entered, and saw Grace in her bed, listening to music. He decided to take a picture of her and left, but he tripped on her guitar case, causing a fairly loud thud.

“Mind if me and my friends over here take a seat” Juan asked Darya and her friends, but sat without waiting for any answer. “I’m Juan Castro, but you can call me Juan, and I’m taking Biology as a major.” He introduced himself. His other friends remained silent, eating their own breakfast nonchalantly before Juan continued. “What about you?”
Ferdinando drank from his glass of water before answering. “I’m Ferdinando and I’m taking Chem Engineering as a major, Kuya[3] Juan.”
“Wow, you learn Tagalog really fast.” Juan said with fascination. “Luis over there is part Pardclinese, so, you’re not alone here.” Juan pointed to one of his friends, who gave a silent nod. “How about you guys?” Juan then addressed the other foreigners in the table.

Finally, after a few months, I can revive this rp. Sorry for taking so long.
 1. Are you fucking crazy?
 2. It’s up to you
 3. used to denote someone male that is a bit older

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2019, 07:12:46 AM »
The two Imperial Chinese had quietly joined the other foreigners as they began breakfast. Both were shocked when they realized that instead of rationing, you were allowed to eat whatever one could pay for. Huawei quietly stared at his simple rice meal, then murmured to Hertz, "What on Mundus is 'Twitter'? Some sort of game?"
"It's a social media platform I believe. They use it to convey information on the internet. We have our own back home, Interfone."
"Oh."
When Juan spoke up, both stared until Hertz broke the silence, replying shortly in Tagalog, "Dragonaii from the SICR."
Factbook
SICRD-PAO