Author Topic: Invitation to a New Empress' Enthronement  (Read 11546 times)

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Alakhwan
Invitation to a New Empress' Enthronement
« on: November 26, 2018, 06:39:56 AM »
To the Numerous Sublime States of the World,

The heir and Empress to be of our illustrious nation of Xæth, Ælirn xy Thælyrn, has made it her will that representatives and dignitaries of foreign sovereign states be present at her upcoming enthronement. This ceremony marks the formal investiture of Imperial authority in the Crown Princess, and she desires to utilize the day to build and strength relations with the numerous countries of the worlds. It is requested that any who plan to attend arrive the day before as the enthronement ceremony will begin in the morning and the Crown Princess wishes to meet with those present before the ceremony.

~Thillin xy Vyllyn, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Most Serene and Celestial Empire of Xæth

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: Invitation to a New Empress' Enthronement
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 08:02:07 AM »
It wasn't often that Henrietta Quinn got dispatched on international occasions, usually that was left to the King however with the anniversary of his son's death approaching and with his sister Princess Freya in Lodja on military business it made her the only real candidate to undertake this role. It was one that she was rather looking forward to, generally meetings of this sort carried with them a pressure to come away with something but as her King had told her this was an occasion to "turn up, be polite, be friendly and take it in." As a former historian and Minister of Culture and Tradtion the now Prime Minister was also looking forward to getting an insight into the Xaeth nation and of course the chance to borrow Ironside One wasn't to be sniffed at either. As the pusher aircraft descended the blue uniformed Air Force steward approached, "Prime Minister we shall be touching down in a moment." Henrietta switched off her lap top and waited patiently for the smooth touch down. Once the aircraft had stopped she attached her thin needle like sword to her belt and headed off towards the welcoming committee looking forward to seeing what this future Empress wished to discuss.

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
  • Selamlar, ich bin ein Türke. Probably.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nichitishi
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 02:23:45 PM »
"Bloody hell, I hope I don't screw up meeting this Empress." thought Brassicus II, praying that he wouldn't repeat what happened at Rokkenjima. "Atleast if I want to make some sort of Cabbagelandetian Empire for some reason, here is another open Empress... Though I guess they have this matriarchy whatever in here, I couldn't inherit... Then maybe I'd let Katarina inherit, then when I die she would inherit Cabbagelandiet as well and then..." Brassicus loved making plans like this even though he never would act on them. It was just a way to waste time, and he was still making plans when the plane landed. "So then I would encounter Moreland as a problem and... Bloody hell this plane landed? Alys, wake up! We've landed!" The two then went over to the welcoming committee.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 06:45:24 PM by CabbagePreacher »
Cabbagelandiet still lives on thine heart!

The Factbook of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1864.msg16144
The Important People of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1865.msg16145#msg16145

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 06:30:43 PM »
Fox One, otherwise known as one of Achkaerin's Royal Aircraft, touched down inside another nation that they'd not visited before. An occasion such as the coronation of another monarch required where possible the presence of the Achkaerinese Emperor and this time Peter Azurewind, the Emperor, was available to attend he was accompanied by his wife Renee and his nephew, well one of them, George Whittaker. Peter had thought that it was about time George got out and about. When the plane had taxied to a halt the Achkaerinese trio descended the aircraft steps, followed by the assigned bodyguard for the Emperor on this occasion (as his usual one was on family leave for the week) was his daughter in law, and looked around seeing two other delegations they were instantly recognizable, the people from Cabbagelandiet were unmistakable by their dress while the Morelander's were equally as unmistakable by their punctuality and the sword on the belt was another good clue. Spotting the welcoming committee Peter led the way over.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 07:06:14 PM »
The notice came to short to use the Airship - Albrecht and Orion arrived atypical for them via Plane.

"So, let's see who shows up here that didn't bother comming to mine..."

Albrecht rolled his eyes:

"A coronation is most important for the people of their own country, this isn't the 18th century where they need our or anyone else's approval."

"I know." Orion leaned in his Toga towards Albrecht: "I was hoping to finally get a weekend at home..."

"I made sure we have enough quality Family time after your Birthday and Birthday Party." nudging his younger cousin Albrecht pointed to the other guests:

"Seems like Peter is here, but Dave skips. And the Cabbage Head with his new Flame seems to be here."

"That a good idea?" Orion straightened up before walking over:

"I have no idea Orion, but time will tell."

"How old is this new Empress?"

"I think far older than you." Albrecht answered, before making sure his tunic sat straight one last time as the arrived at the greeting.

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Seaforth
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 07:12:07 PM »

Andrew Rhodes was feeling pretty good. A coronation was always a happy affair and this one would be extra special. Camryn Hopkins had managed to swap shifts at the hospital and was making the trip with him, along with young Josiah Rhodes. The lad was making his second international appearance, after the dedication of the temple in Bakkermaya went so well. As they deplaned he held hands with Camryn and Josiah and scanned the other parties. The usual suspects were present of course. Achkaerin, East Moreland and Seaforth were beginning to turn the corner and bringing true stability to their region. To balance that the relatively new Cabbagelandiet was making some interesting waves on the other side of Mundus. Andrew wondered idly if Alys would make an appearance.

Alys was of course, awake, and had been for some time. Merely feigning continued sleep to gather her thoughts and enhance her calm. This would mark a key moment for her. Batting her eyes and stretching Alys took the opportunity to prepare herself for the occasion. As she fixed herself in the planes bedroom she gave an approving nod in the mirror.

"Your're still a 10, girl."

With sparkling eyes and a wide smile, she joined Brassicus and arm in arm they headed to the welcoming committee.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 09:30:46 PM »
Klara would normally have loved to attend an event such as this but with things going a little crazy back home with the kidnapping of one of her Ministers and then the botched military operation she felt it best she didn't attend. She had however determined that some prescence was still required and so thought the trip presented an ideal oppurtunity for her future spouses to spend some time together. Duke Leopold was a well respected noble in his homeland of Lodja, he was the Duke of Noverak and a former owner of a military unit held in high regard. He was due to marry Queen Klara in two months at which point he'd become King of Lodja thus adding to his ranks and titles. He was being accompanied by Lady Roksana who was set to marry the Queen a day after she had married Duke Leopold. The two would under Lodjain convention become "Sibling Spouses" yet hadn't really got to know each other.

The flight across Albion had been rather uneventful, the Duke simply chatting away with the Lady in Waiting, she had known Klara much longer than he had and although Leopold knew his marriage was mainly one of conveniance for himself he was determined to at least make this marriage work. Roksana on the other hand had found herself originally just a lover of the Queen and figured her closeness may be of use to advancing her family fortunes but after almost a year she actually felt real love for her monarch and knew that the feeling was rather mutual. It was only as they began crossing the Kyne that the pair began to speak of themselves and their hopes for their future as what would become a big family. "I'd like to think me and Klara.....I mean Tatiana would have several children, it'll be nice to have three of us looking after them though." Leopold was still getting used to the fact that in private at least his wife to be used a different name. The aircraft had bounced down and the pair got ready to leave. "I'll let you lead" Leopold stepped aside letting Roksana leave the aircraft first, she was a seasoned pro on international functions having been a Lady in Waiting for 11 of her 29 years of age and in that time she'd become a master of courtly diplomacy.

She spied the East Moreland Prime Minister, she would have felt better had it been King David, she'd meet him seveal times and was certain of a warm welcome. "Prime Minister Quinn" Roksana approached. "May I introduce the future King of Lodja, Duke Leopold Henrik of Noverak."

The tall muscular Duke extended a gentle hand towards the Prime Minister. "Ma'am it's a pleasure to meet you. Please extend my best wishes to His Majesty King David." he looked around recognising from the various images that he'd been shown by the nations diplomatic service, ""Your Majesties" Leopold extended a firm hand to Peter and then a gentle one to Renee before then wondering how to greet the young Emperor of Neu Urburzis.

"Emperor Orion" Roksana stepped in noticing the Duke's hesitation. "Congratulations on your first year on the throne, I hope it has gone well." she had meet the young Emperor at his coronation when she'd accompanied her monarch. Both the Lady in Waiting and the Duke were unsure what to do about Brassicus, on the one hand he was a continental partner, but on the other hand he was with that Alys woman, and Marseille had been a hell hole under her control plunging their continent into war. Roksana and therefore Leopold noted they had yet to mingle with any of the other arrivals and so contented themselves to a nod of respectful recognition before turning to King Andrew whom once more Roksana made the formal introductions.

"Ah Seaforth" Leopold smiled, "Now I have a what I believe your countrymen may call a "wee little distillary?" Is that the right phrase? Now I suspect our whiskey is nothing as your own will be but we've only been making it five years so we've a little catching up to do, meanwhile our Vodka is rather special. Perhaps you will be accepting the invitation to my upcoming wedding and they'll be an oppurtunity for you.....and your beautiful partner here.....to come and visit, I'd appreciate some input." the Duke smiled warmly. He knew his wife valued the East Moreland King's advice and Seaforth and the Ironside's were firm friends so he knew doing more to ingratiate Lodja would be something Klara would approve of.

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 02:48:06 PM »
As far as the locals were concerned it was a lovely day in Jiloolaa; the rainstorms of the past few days had finally stopped and one could both the sun burning in the sky and the mountains looming to the north of the city although the humidity was, still, relatively high. The delegates would also notice that security was exceptionally tight; one could scarcely lookin any direction without seeing guards watching. From within the building itself the Regent of Xæth, Llyri xy Thælyrn, watched as each of the planes descended in turn and their occupants disembarked. They're like crocodiles, she thought, striding outside and making her way towards the assembled dignitaries, And Ælirn is the calf who wandered into the river shallows. The Regent's expression, however, changes from her mistrustful glare to a polite smile before she reached the Empress' guests.

"Xitaar," Llyri says politely as she arrives, she gives a respectful nod to them, "It is a pleasure to meet all of you, I am Princess Llyri xy Thælyrn. Xæth's Regent, until tomorrow at least." The Regent is a woman approaching her forties, short and slender, with the beginning of creases on the light brown skin of her face, a very visible streak of silver in her otherwise auburn hair, and a pair of piercing grey eyes behind her glasses which are presently making their way over everyone present.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 05:18:18 PM »
King Lapu, just like the coronation in Lodjia, would be alone in going to Xaeth, although now he had the chance to ride the newly delivered EMAC plane. His flight was unremarkable, aside for the fact that he drank a few bottle each of whiskey and vodka that he brought in the plane, as usual. He got of his plain and walked towards the welcoming committee, who are basically his fellow leaders. The Morelander can be easily seen with a sword, the Cabbage with his clothing that seemed to be from an era from when Quintelia was still under ES. The King approached the young emperor. "Congratulations on your first year, also nice to see you again, Albrecht." He greeted with a bit of a smile. "Also, hi there, Roksana isn't it."

"Xi- Xitaar, to you too, Princess Llyir shi Thelryn." King Lapu greeted, butchering the princess's name. "I'm sorry if I mispronounced your name a bit, it's just jet lag, anyways, I'm King Lapu of Quintelia." He introduced himself.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 06:34:42 PM »
Beatrice arrived with her Imperial Liaison for Diplomatic Affairs, Gregory McKenna, whom she wished to expose to a more international crowd. Certainly his experience as Governor of Somerset had given him some experience, however, with the authority of the Empress behind his words a new dimension would come into play. Exchanging pleasantries as she took note of the old faces she made her way to King Andrew, though ignored him at first, focusing her attention on Josiah. "I see Joshua has sent the King in good hands," she said with a giggle, handing Josiah a bag of cookies, "Oh, and hello to you too, Your Highness," she continued.

It wasn't long before she noticed Alys and her puppy dog, "If you'll excuse me for a moment, I hope we may speak more later," she said as she approached Alys and Brassicus. "Ms. Arsenault, King Brassicus," she said with a nod of her head, "I do trust you've kept the advice I gave you in mind, yes? Just keep an eye out for the Seaforthians who are known to have a natural disposition for mischievousness. They can be creative, if not a bit of a headache depending upon their mood. Do take care and perhaps invest in a luck charm, those around Ms. Arsenault tend to have accidents, shall we say," she said as she returned to Andrew.

"I do hope you don't mind, however, they're a pair I think we'll be needing close eyes on. One is dangerous due to obvious reasons, the other for their inexperience and lack of self control. Perfect match she's found herself," Beatrice sighed. "Anyway, it's a pleasure to see you again."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2018, 07:25:23 PM »
Brassicus II smiled as Alys got in his arm. Life just seemed better with her. "I hope your sleep was nice Alys, becouse it seems we'll have an adventureous day judging from the guests. The Morelanders, Rokkenjimans and the Seaforthians... Atleast the day's going to be more bearable with you!" he saw the Empress coming towards him. He could only mutter "Bloody hell..." before the Empress spoke.

Brassicus crossed his eyes in anger as the Empress spoke. "Please Empress. If you say you believe in second chances then you should give her a second chance as well. She might have caused chaos before but what matters is the now, and she is a great mother and generally a great person now." But his words were in vain as the Empress left to speak to another person.

Thought doubt beset Brassicus II, "Do take care and perhaps invest in a luck charm, those around Ms. Arsenault tend to have accidents, shall we say." Brassicus decided to ask  a question due to the doubt inside him. "Alys, was the Empress... referring to anything while she said stuff about accidents?"

The Factbook of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1864.msg16144
The Important People of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1865.msg16145#msg16145

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2018, 08:39:09 PM »
Prime Minister Henrietta Quinn was rather interested to meet Duke Leopold she found the whole multiple arranged marriage thing in Lodja rather distasteful but was interested in how it would all work. "A pleasure to meet Your Lordship" she replied as she accepted his handshake.

When the various people had all meet each other Henrietta took an oppurtunity to greet their host properly. "Your Highness" Henreitta gave a small bow, "On behalf of King David of East Moreland I'd like to present his apology for not attending in person. We are fastly approaching the anniversary of his son Prince Caspians death and for a pious man such as himself it carries some ceremonial concerns he must deal with. He hopes you will not view this as a slight, he is however keen to meet the new Empress in person and begin some more formal relationship between our two nations." she reached into her jacket pocket and removed a thick creamy envelope sealed in wax showing a honeybadger coat of arms. "He sends your future Empress this invitation, in the coming weeks we have the CNN Technology Expo and His Majesty will be attending the final day and he would be honoured if the Empress would make that occasion her first official state visit." She handed the envelope containing the King's official invitation over. "I also have a gift the King has sent for the Empress which I would like to present personally if I may at some point during my stay here."

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2018, 10:08:38 PM »
"I would not worry about it too much," Llyri said, smiling politely to King Lapu, "Xæthoon is not the simplest of languages. I am sure you will get a better grasp on it with little trouble."

She also took careful note of the interaction between Beatrice and the Cabbagelandetian party; she was of course aware of there being potential... complications with those individuals assembled. But Llyri wasn't particularly worried however, as she trusted them to be well-behaved. After all, foreigners they may be but they weren't complete savages. And besides, they'd made arrangements to minimize any contact they may have. Then Prime Minster Quinn made her introduction, to which the Regent listened intently.

"Oh, you do not need to worry about any potential slights. If I am to be truthful, we were somewhat surprised by the number of Heads of State who were willing to make the trip personally," Lyri says, taking the proffered envelope, "And I am sure my niece would be more than happy to make a personal visit to East Moreland. And you may present the gift once we arrive at the Imperial Palace."

"Speaking of which," she says, then raises her voice to speak to all those assembled, "While I am sure you are all eager to stretch your legs after your undoubtedly long flights, if you would follow me we have cars ready to take you all to the Imperial Palace. The Empress is very eager to meet all of you."

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2018, 11:11:12 PM »
"Lady Roksanna, how nice to meet you again after the coronation of your Queen." Orion blushed at the mention of  his own First year: "It's gladly been more calm. A lot of Traveling, and less Death. Last Year around this Time Mundus had just lost Victoria."

When Lapu came over Orion had a dry Smile on his Face, noticing the guy was as wasted as he was on Klaras Coronation. "King Lapu. Good to see you." he answered as dry as possible without sounding impolite.

As lady Llyri had told them to move to the Cars, he and Albrecht followed suit. Orion couldn't hold himself from smilling bright over to Josiah: "You are an adorable little Puffball." The young Emperor said: "I think my Nephews and Nieces would like you."

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2018, 04:03:17 PM »
The various delegations would all be taken to their own separate cars, which would all follow the lead car, ridden by Princess Llyri, on a path throughout the city. Traffic was, for the most part, not much of an issue as steps had been taken to make sure there was no delays. Though there was a great deal of foot traffic throughout the city, many stopping to stare at the procession however not for very long. The cars' windows were tinted and while the occupants could clearly see out, even pedestrians who knew what they were watching didn't have anything to stop and gawk at. However the drive would take a little over 45 minutes; under normal circumstances it would be shorter but it was decided that perhaps the nation's foreign visitors should be taken on a more 'scenic' route throughout the city. The soon-to-be-Empress and her Aunt had both agreed that perhaps their guests should see some of the sights of Jiloola, at the very least those not too far out of the way.

While these would include natural sights, such as the great waterfall that came rushing over the cliff that bisected much of the city itself, most of them were of a more artificial nature. Such as the tremendous bas-relief further along the cliff face depicting a great woman, ornately dressed and holding a serpent in one hand and a long blade in the other, her head framed by a great sun, with six smaller male figures arranged in a circle around her, each having their head framed by one of the phases of the moon. Or the Temple of the Sun, the complex's great ziggurat seen only from a distance on account of the hundreds of people assembled for a religious ceremony. But after the temple, the cars would make there way onto the route directly to the Imperial Palace. It was completely empty of cars as it had been shut down for preparations, with many decorations already but many places still in the process of being adorned, with suns and snakes predominating in the motifs. There were also hundreds of people camping out along the side of the road, with the Empress making the procession from the Temple to the Palace tomorrow there were those who wished to acquire as best a view of the procession as possible.

But it would not be long before the guests arrived at the Imperial Palace, not a mere building but a great complex atop an island in the river that cut through Jiloola. The cars made their way across the bridge, slowly inching upwards to the Palace proper, a grand building located atop a hill in the center of the island. There was a large statue in the courtyard of the palace, again of a woman with her head framed by a sun and with a snake and blade, though this depiction was sitting and the blade lie in her lap. And standing before the statue was a group of individuals, most of them very obviously guards. But one of them being a young woman, short and with a rather plain face framed by a pair of black glasses and dark auburn hair cut to her chin. However, she was dressed in ornate silks and jewelry and when all the guests would have made their way out of the car, Prince Llyri would bow and ontroduce her.

"Our distinguished guests, allow me to introduce her Imperial Highness Crown Princess Ælirn xy Thælyrn. Soon to be the Most Serene and Celestial Empress of Xæth."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2018, 04:39:00 PM »
Henrietta had hoped to travel with some of the other delegates but instead settled down in her own car to take in the sights, she snapped a few pictures on her phone knowing the King would want to see them when she returned to give her report. As they arrived at the Palace she waited to be introduced, "Your Highness" Henrietta gave a small bow and then determined it was now the time to present the King's gift. "I represent the Kingdom of East Moreland, sadly King David couldn't attend. He is kept at home by a traditional ceremony but he asked me to convey his best wishes and an invite to the CNN Technology Expo, he hopes you'll join him as his guest for your first overseas visit as Empress." she explained, "The King also asked me to present this." She handed over a smartly leather bound book the writing embossed in gold leaf. "It's something of a tradition that when the King attends a coronation he presents a book to the new monarch. He says it is because the best gift any monarch can have is knowledge and that reading the works of others is the best way to achieve that. He hopes you will accept this and find it of use." It was a book written around 300 years ago and the pages were made out of a thick creamy parchment, each page brightly decorated. "It's a book of poetry written by a former Prime Minister of East Moreland, folk tales speak of how the King at the time was rather ineffective and that they used the poems as a way of secretly communicating with the various nobles to try and keep the Kingdom running smoothly. King David believes if you try and understand the poems in that context they'll help guide a monarch towards a better path. In any event I hope you enjoy the book." Inside was a greeting written by King David.

"I know we have yet to meet but I wish you well as Empress. May you gain the knowledge needed to guide your people to a happier and brighter future. May The Gods Watch Over You and Your Reign Be Long....signed David Ironside III"

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Seaforth
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2018, 05:05:57 AM »

Andrew couldn't help but smile at Leopold. The man was approachable and had an easy way about him.

"I accept your kind invitation. I have always wanted to visit Lodja, and what better time than a wedding? Allow me to introduce Dr. Camryn Hopkins of East Moreland."

Andrew chuckled at the mention of a "wee distillery"

"I will to be sure to bring a case or two of Somerset Special Reserve, and between us we shall endeavor to thoroughly explore the finer points of each other's native spirits."

Alys flashed Beatrice a huge smile and shot her a sly wink. The clumsy insult of calling her Ms. Arsenault thrilled Alys, proof in her mind that the rumours of First Empire's decline and eventual fall were well on the way. As Beatrice walked off, Brassicus turned to her and asked his question.

"Alys, was the Empress... referring to anything while she said stuff about accidents?"

"She threatens you my love. People around me have accidents, and you are certainly around me. I think she means to have you killed. Peterhoff is a lovely boy, but still a boy. With you gone, and likely me as well, Rokkenjima will assert it's influence on poor Cabbagelandiet and rule in all but name. Even if I survive her attack, I will still be marginalised by that Imperial Harpy...unable to avenge you, unable to save Cabbagelandiet and unable to help young Peterhoff. If you doubt me, just look at the so called 'runaway Anusa'. I doubt it's as unguided as they would have us believe."

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2018, 07:14:40 AM »
"Hmph. I guess when she can't take over with a very vague treaty then she tries to take over with murder. Bloody hell, I unisolated Cabbagelandiet to find a cure for cancer for my late wife, not to get put in a terrorist list and then get threteaned by some Empress who can't even make her husband sleep with her." Brassicus took a deep breath and looked at Alys. "But it's worth it at the end isn't it?" he then smiled and kissed Alys in the cheek. "Alright then, enough talk, I think we need to make our way to the car."

On the way to the Empress, Brassicus couldn't look at the scenery as he fell asleep and landed on Alys' shoulder. He woke up when the car stopped on it's destination. "Wah? Oh... For Brassicus Prime's sake can't these cars be slower?" grumbled Brassicus in a sleep-drunk phase before joining Alys arm in arm again as he started to go towards the new Empress.

Brassicus gave a small bow to the Empress. "Hello, my good lady. I'm Grand Preacher Brassicus II of Cabbagelandiet, and the fine lady next to me is Grand Duchess Alys Arselnaut of Marseille." He then took a wooden box out of his pocket. "In this box are some cabbage seeds. May these flourish in your garden like your reign flourishes." He then took a step back to let Alys introduce herself.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 06:35:16 PM by CabbagePreacher »

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2018, 11:19:14 PM »
As Orion approached, Albrecht kneeled next to the two Imperials, while Orion offered his hand: 

"Thank you for having us, your Majesty." Orion said, while nodding, making well sure he doesn't bow this time. Not that he's still a short stick anyway.
Albrecht handed Orion a crystal glass jar with Gold thread and a small Label, before Orion offered it to the soon the be Empress:

"I hope you find comfort in this small Gift. It's Jelly made from the Apple tree planted at my Birth."

Albrecht gave his cousin a small nod, before they would retreat back to the other guests.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2018, 01:10:39 AM »
Beatrice lowered her head upon approaching. "Your Highness, on behalf of the People of Rokkenjima allow me to first offer my condolences for your loss. I know all too well the pain which accompanies the passing of one's mother, having lost my mother at the age of twelve, I won't speak many more words there, as I'm sure you've heard them many times now. I will say, however, if you wish to talk I'll leave my personal number with you; sometimes what one needs most is someone to listen, after all." Beatrice handed her a piece of paper before producing a velvet pouch.

"As is tradition I present to you this bottle of Pyrenan Mead, crafted at Pyrena Castle from the honey of bees raised on the Castle grounds. A separate batch is being prepared as we speak to commemorate this first meeting of our Peoples and, hopefully, we shall be able to enjoy the product of that labour at a date in the future. It's my sincerest of hopes that the First Empire may stand beside the Most Serene and Celestial Empire as a friend as we learn more about each of our respective cultures. I believe our two Empires may share many things in common and as such will be looking forward to opportunities for cooperation. I trust we'll have the opportunity to speak of such matters later, so allow me, as one Empress to a soon-to-be-crowned Empress, to offer my ear and my shoulder should you ever wish to talk to someone. While our respective position can at times be lonely and the decisions most difficult, I've found it to be a most rewarding pursuit."

Remembering the first occasion upon which she invited foreign dignitaries to Pyrena Castle Beatrice lowered her voice, "While I had already been crowned I held a state visit with the vast majority of the worlds nations, not too unlike this. Later on I would find a Dartfordian Prince on my couch who quite simply refused to leave and, well, the rest is history as they say. Command the stage and play the field to your advantage; if you've any suitors out there make them work for it. Though don't get me wrong, I've nothing but love for my Prince, even if he's difficult at times."

With a more noticeable bow Beatrice stepped backwards and rejoined the company of King Andrew.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2018, 01:44:00 AM »
Peter found himself as usual with occasions such as this intrigued by the opportunity to learn a little about another nation, ignoring the spat between Beatrice and Brassicus and Alys was quite easy he wasn't overly concerned with the former Grand Duchess as things presently stood and it was better and fairer not to distract from the day's main focus. He waited for Beatrice to finish before approaching the young woman who would soon be the next member of the monarch's club as it were.

"Your Highness firstly may I say it's a pleasure and a privilege to be here you have from what I've seen so far a quite intriguing and pleasant country. May I present you with this gift it's a glass ornament that is a scaled down replica of the Cradle Stone[1]" Peter handed the replica in it's box to the soon to be Empress "I would also like to as the leader of a fellow Aranye nation extend to you an invitation for you to visit Achkaerin at your convenience so we may establish relations. Just be aware that should you take up that invitation you should pack for the extreme cold."
 1. OOC - think Rosetta Stone

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2018, 02:45:02 PM »
At Henrietta's apology for her monarch's absence, Ælirn simply smiled and waved it off, "Oh, it's no trouble. Monarchs have obligations of their own; to be perfectly honest I did not expect as many to show up here personally as did. And I would be absolutely honoured to attend the expo; I believe my Aunt Kallax would be very interested to attend as well." And when offered the book as gift Ælirn gingerly took it from Henrietta, carefully turning the pages as she slowly looked through the book, "I will have to thank King David at the Expo; it is a lovely gift. I look forward to having a chance to read it."

Young Ælirn wasn't entirely certain of what to make of the Cabbagelandiet leader; she knew of the nation and of how backwards and strange it was, of course. But knowing and seeing are two very different things; and that wasn't even getting into the woman metaphorically hanging off of him. But Ælirn was nothing if not polite, and when Brassicus introduced himself he received a respectful nod in return. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Grand Preacher," she said, as a servant approached and took the wodden box for her, "And thank you for the gift; I am sure they will be a... lovely addition to the garden."

When Orion offered his hand, Ælirn simply stared at it for a few moments before looking up and smiling apologetically. "I'm sorry, but there are certain, uh, purification rituals and such before the enthronement, like..."

"The Crown Princess is not permitted to come into physical contact with any man for 24 hours before her enthronement as Empress," Llyri interjected, explaining much more succinctly than Ælirn would have.

The Crown Princess nodded her head, "Yes, that." And as a servant took the offered gift, "And I thank you for such a gift; I am sure it will taste lovely."

As Beatrice made her way forward and spoke Ælirn was truly glad she had taken the time to visit her mother, as otherwise she would've likely had a rather undignified reaction to Beatrice's mention of her passing. Ælirn takes the piece of paper, her eyes still growing wet, "I truly appreciate this, your Majesty. Although my mother is still a wonderful listener." She stuffs Beatrice's number into her pocket, as she is offered the bottle of mead. "This is a lovely gift, and I am sure it tastes just as lovely," Ælirn smiles rather gingerly, "It's a pity I don't drink." Then as Beatrice continued Ælirn face grew steadily more red and flustered, when she finished Ælirn stammered out a respond, "I, uh, I... Thank you this is all very appreciated."

By the time Peter was introduced she had already regained much of her composure; though it was unfortunate that the colour had yet to drain from her face. "I would love to visit Achkaerin," she smiled, "And despite my Empire's lovely climate, I am not necessarily a complete stranger to the cold." Her gaze turned northwards to the great mountains that, while many miles away, could still be easily seen.

After the various delegations were introduced and they made their greeting and presented their gifts, regent Llyri stepped forward once more. "Now everyone, if you would please," she gestures and a number of servants step forward, "You will be shown to your rooms in the guest wing, and once you have settled in you will be shown to throne room where there will be refreshments, entertainment, and a proper place for socialization."

"And afterwards, I would be more than happy to have private conversations with each of you," Ælirn says, "It will be nice to get to know all of you."

As the delgegations would make their way inside, Ælirn and Llyri spoke in hushed tones in their native tongue. "You're doing wonderfully, Ælirn," said Llyri, her voice noticeably softer than when she was addressing the foreign delegates.

"Please kill me before it's over," Ælirn said, "Most of them seem lovely enough, but I feel like I'm going to be violently ill."

"It's just nerves."

"I am aware Aunt; doesn't make the feeling any less real," the soon-to-be-Empress sighs, "Well at least with the fasting I won't have to eat anything."

Llyri smiles as she puts a hand on her niece's shoulder, "I am sure you will do wonderfully. You are one of the sweetest, strongest women I know."

Ælirn sighs again, "Yeah, I know. And if I'm to be Empress I'll have to deal with it eventually."

"It gets easier," Llyri says, comforting her, "It gets much easier."

------
The rooms the visitors are shown to are extravagantly decorated, with those delegations with more than a single person who are not couple being given enough rooms. There are enough rooms that no delegation need be directly adjacent to another, and even so any potentially issues are kept away from one another; Brassicus and Alys' room is on the opposite side of the guest wing as Empress Beatrice's, for example. There are servants to unpack anything the visitors may have brought with them, leaving them free to get a look at their opulent surroundings or prepare for the coming event. Whatever strikes their fancy.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2018, 09:54:24 PM »
Henrietta went to check out her rooms, dismissed the staff who were provided to help her settle in and then unpacked herself, there was not a chance in hell that she was going to allow someone to handle her undies. She put things away and retrieved her tablet PC from her briefcase and checked her e-mails, there was nothing major and so having quickly e-mailed the Foreign Minister to let him know she hadn't messed things up yet she put her shoes back on and went exploring.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2018, 11:53:58 PM »
Albrecht immediately pulled Orion aside after the greeting, noticing that the young emperor was breathing quickly and clenching his fist after being turned away from a handshake:

"I know you aren't happy, but that's why we go through the trouble of the dinner ahead of time to start with..." Albrecht patted his cousins shoulders.

Orion finally huffed out his frustration while they arrived at their double room:

"That was humiliating." he kicked up his shoes before freshening up quickly all while Albrecht hurried out any servants:

"I know. don't take it too hard. None of us could have known. Let's just make sure the Senate won't hear about it or they'll be pissed."

"rightfully so." Orion added, letting himself fall onto the bed after removing his wreath:

"Wars have been fought over less, let's not over exaggerate this needless."

"Just come over and give me a hug already." Orion said, smiling: "Let's see what the rest of the day has in Store."

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2018, 12:46:59 AM »
Peter and Renee went to familiarise themselves with their room, George did the same, if Peter was honest he quite liked the idea of arriving the day before the main event for a fair few reasons firstly it meant that he could turn up fresh the following day and not have to worry about the whole issue of travel, secondly having something like a meal the night before gave him and the other dignitaries in attendance the opportunity to get to know their hosts a bit better, third it presented a decent opportunity to catch up with people he hadn't spoken to for a while and he'd look forward to that later, fourth, finally and perhaps a little selfishly it did give him and Renee a little time to themselves though she was a little concerned with her children's choir and Christmas concert preparation at this point.

"What do you think?" Renee asked, sitting down on the bed

"So far so good." Peter said, he was standing looking out of the window.

"What about Alys Arsenault?" Renee asked

"She's no concern." Peter said "I'd be more worried if she was bedding Lapu or Akakois. Well at least I can tell Danièle she doesn't have to worry yet."

"Why didn't you bring her?" Renee asked "You could have easily done for her what David did for Viktoriya."

"Maybe I need to remind myself that she's not someone I have to hide away any more." Peter said "What is it with Achkaerin and hiding Princesses and nobles? Maki, Danièle, even the Anselmo's for decades." 

"You and your strays." Renee said

While Peter and Renee talked the Emperor's daughter in law Lydia Daniels stepped out of the suite of rooms the Achkaerinese delegation was using, the place was quite clearly secure so she was able to relax a little not something she was accustomed to doing outside of the Marble Palace or the other royal residences. A little way down the corridor stood Kayleigh Pryde

"How's life in Pyrena?" Lydia asked referring to Kayleigh's current job as the head of Empress Beatrice's security.

"When I'm not being asked to throw people out of the palace it's ok." Kayleigh said "Different from home though, going for your afternoon workout in the gardens?"

"Yeah you?" Lydia asked

"Yes." Kayleigh said "Up for a little sparring?"

"Been a while since I gave you a match." Lydia said "Plenty of time for us."

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2018, 11:39:10 PM »
Having arrived at the venue where everyone was to stay Duke Leopold and Lady Roksana decieded they would split up, the last thing that was needed before they both married Queen Klara was some kind of scandal. The Duke made a point of going and introducing himself to Brassicus II, "Your Majesty" he said as he approached, "Duke Leopold." he extended a hand. "Nice to meet a fellow Albionite. How you finding this enthronment?" He asked, he spotted Alys, remembered the history lesson he'd been given as way of a briefing, "Two Albionites" he added, "Although I do trust this young lady won't be trying any more of the stuff we had in the past." He added only half trying to make light of the situation. "I'm just trying to get to know the neighbours so to speak, two months time and fingers crossed I'll be King of Lodja and its my hope Lodja and Cabbagelandiet can be friends, I believe we may be helping build a port or something in your homeland?" he asked remembering something about the Paracambians negotiating some deal for TUNA.

Meanwhile Roksana had headed off to find herself someone to speak with, she spotted the Neu Urburzis delegation and headed over. "Your Imperial Majesty" she said with a bow. "I was trying to find somewhere to have a small drink and enjoy the evening before the coronation. Perhaps you'd care to join me?" she asked them. "I hope you don't mind me speaking out of turn but I noticed you seemed a little annoyed with the whole handshake issue earlier, would you take some advice from a humble Lady in Waiting" she gave a sympathetic smile she may not be a Head of State or even a politician but she'd been around the Lodjain Queens for just over a decade since she'd turned 17 and therefore had learnt quiet a bit about these kind of things. "Nothing ever goes fully to plan, you have two choices, the first take it personally or the second just smile and think what is done is done. Think back to your own coronation and the moment King David said he could not stand as part of the ceremony, or imagine the way we'd have felt if you visited the Isle of the Goddess and didn't go through the purification first we'd have to think of something to salvage the meeting." She explained. "I just hate to think of the pressure a young man like you must be under and I'd hate to see it consume you the way it seemed to. I remember Queen Sonja telling me on my first day that anyone in royal circles needs a skin thicker than a rhino. I hope I've not spoken out of turn, now would you care to escort me to a glass of wine Your Imperial Majesty" she offered her arm to Orion as she waited for his response.

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2018, 11:01:30 AM »
“Well, the enthronement has gone well… Duke Leopold was it? I always have found the palaces of other leaders quite fascinating. Mine is just an abandoned factory that I pretend is a palace! Though I do plan to renovate my palace a bit if the Brassicus family expands.” he looked at Alys while saying the last sentence. "I don’t think you need to worry about Alys. She’s a lovely lass as I see it now and I think that she has bettered herself." Brassicus stopped for a second to cough. “Yes, you would be right about the port. My son, Peterhoff was the one who negotiated all that. I hope that Cabbagelandiet can become a modern nation in a short amount of time.” Brassicus noticed Beatrice passing by and excused himself out.

"Alys my dear, I'll be back shortly." said Brassicus, leaving Alys' arm and approaching Beatrice, bowing down to the Rokkenjiman Empress and taking a deep breath before talking. "I've received your letter and I've personally come... to say sorry, my lady. I don't know what got over me that day, but I hope you accept my apologies."

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2018, 08:37:40 PM »
Albrecht and Orion had just left their room for a stroll when meeting roksanna. Orion turned bright red on his cheecks as she called him young man, rabbing the back of his head while albrecht chuckled:

"Oh i think he's well aware." teasing his cousin by patting his head.

Orion replied: "I know. It still... it's just very unpleasant to be turned down like this in public. Was it really that noticeable?"

"Let's just make sure the senates don't hear about it." Albrecht added, nodding to the lady in waiting: "They are going to see it as affront to the Nation." Albrecht rolled his Eyes:
"As i told Orion, this is why we do have the dinner in advance to a coronation traditionally."

Orion took a deep breath, slowly deflating: "Just feels like we went off on a bad foot here from the go."

Albrecht nodded over: "maybe they have a lounge here. Well, they most likely do have one. Decently impressive palace i would say. Though i like your Isle and our Palace better. Feel a bit more Home-y"

Slowly winding himself out of the childish patting Orion huffed: "I'm rather sure we only see the representing part as well. I think only Jocelyn and that Whipping boy from Seleucid have been to the Old Castle part of our Palace yet when it comes to foreigners."

"His name was Danyal." Albrecht said sternly: "Didn't Rhiannon get to visit it in summer? You know with Augustin getting the tanning of a lifetime for crawling into the crocodile pen? Oh right, i think you still where at the Camping grounds at the time." Albrecht mused, before turning back to Roksanna: "We need to make sure Queen Klara get's to visit Neu Uburzis as well. I'll make sure Orions Eleven Nephews and Nieces behave this time."

"Just don't serve Bunny." Orion snarkly added.

"Mister Fluffypuff was tasty."

"Fuck you Albrecht." Orion groaned, crossing his arms while pouting.

"well, at least you are mad at me now." Albrecht smiled: "Now elts find us a nice place to sit and have a drink maybe."

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2018, 11:17:21 PM »
Before Brassicus headed off Duke Leopold spoke again, "Well if your renovating a factory to become a palace you should come and check out the archetecture of Lodja and our art works, our faith teaches us the Goddess Sessifet shows her love for people by surrounding them with beauty so as a result we've developed quiet a keen eye for making beautiful things and I'm sure you'd find everything you'd need. Give me a call and I'd be happy to introduce you around" the Duke removed a business card from a silver card holder and handed it to Brassicus. "Have a pleasant evening" he said before heading off to see who else was around.

Meanwhile Roksana was speaking to the Neu Uburzis pair, "I'm sure Her Divine Majesty would be delighted to accept the invitation." Roksana thought for a moment, "Perhaps either yourself or your envoy could present her the invite personally when you attend the weddings in the New Year, I assume you will be sending someone Your Majesty?" She addressed Orion, it would be a hectic few days, first Klara marrying Duke Leopold and then the next day Roksana. It was shaping up to be quiet a frantic few days and she knew that any time now the invites would be getting sent. They made their way through the venue until Roksana spotted a nice comfortable lounge area where they could get a drink, she ordered herself a glass fo red wine and took a seat next to Orion. "So what is this with Crocodiles, sounds interesting."

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2018, 01:21:38 AM »
It wouldn't be particularly long before Henrietta's exploration yielded results; after very little wandering she'd come upon a man who very obviously wasn't a servant or anything of the sort. He was a young man, seemingly atound the same age as Ælirn, and his clothes were silken and ornate and he had a long, ornate ivory pipe in one hand, which was unlit and didn't appear to have been recently extinguished either. He was gazing out one of the windows along the hallway, but upon noticedng Henrietta he smiled and made his way over to introduce himself, brushing a lock of auburn hair out of his eyes.

"So, one of the foreign delegates here for the enthronement I assume?" he says, giving a polite and respectful nod, "Prince Allan xy Thælyrn, at your service. To who do I have the pleasure of speaking to?"

------

It wouldn't be difficult for Lydia and Kayleigh to find the gardens, as it made up a fairly significant portion of the isle that the palace was located on. There was a great many servants about, making certain everything was in pristine condition, whom the pair would noticed was mostly men if they bothered to pay attention. None of them bothered the women in anyway; in fact most of them would ignore the two of them entirely without even a polite node. The garden itself was expansive, with many small structures and paths laid all throughout the web of trees and numerous blooming flowers. And luckily for them, there was an area specifically dedicated to sparring although the pair of them were unaware of the specifics. It was mostly empty aside from a few gardeners going about their business and a woman reading a book underneath a nearby orchid tree. She would notice Lydia Kayleigh, but she simply waved to them and took no action to move closer to the pair.