Author Topic: The Crowning of an Ascendant  (Read 7746 times)

Offline Persephone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Griss Confederacy
Re: The Crowning of an Ascendant
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2019, 03:09:39 PM »
Vizla took a moment to survey the room as Axel spoke. She had never been one comfortable with staring at one for too long. She listen as Axel spoke of the history of his forefathers, a little unease. But when he asked to hold the Empress, she was taken off guard. Normally she would be able to easily refuse such a request, but the Emperor had gone through a purification and could actually touch one of the Imperial Line. She internally shuddered at the thought. Her brain went into overdrive trying to find some excuse, some defense. She could easily lie about a random religious rule- an outsider would never be able to tell the difference. But she knew she was out of time. She had to answer the Emperor or the silence between them would become awkward. She looked at him and smiled. "Of course, I'm sure you will be most careful." She handed the baby to the outsider and internally screamed. Like a wolf watching its prey, she eyed the Emperor.

Velkin was caught a bit of guard. It was more an off-hand comment that he wasn't sure to how to answer. "Vizla had a... unique upbringing. I call her heartless more as a private joke. Her first memories are among the Sibyl, a cult of woman that live separate from the rest of society. They live lives of 'purity,' as they call it. No electricity, no convinces of modern life. Despite the love Vizla has for the women that she grew up among, it was not an upbringing she was built for. When the position of Vaticinator opened up, it was her only chance to escape. But the true tragedy is that once she left, she realized her love of her childhood. The Vaticinator is rarely allowed to return home. When I first meet Vizla, she was extremely homesick and unhappy. She did not come across in the best way. Since then, we have become fast friends. Although, I find it funny that she is talking to your husband. As for seeing matter of seeing Natrax, she will join us soon, if only for a little while. I'm sure she would be more than happy to speak with you then."

The druid and the empress did not have to walk far when he lead her into a seemingly random room. Inside was a relatively small room. Against the far wall, was a stature of a robed woman that dominated and towered over them. The stature stood on a raised platform that was covered in lit candles, the only light in the room. "Do not worry, your gift is most generous." It was like a switch had gone off in Iaxxodril. Gone was the causal easy manner, replaced by some serene and sincere. "You can place the silk at her feet if you wish. This is my favorite shrine in all of the Black Crypt. Perhaps in the world. Most of the time Necra's face is covered when she is depicted, to represent her unknowable nature to the living. Often times when her face is shown, it is that of a monster. But here, she is human. It is the face of an everyday woman. There is seemingly nothing special about her. I love this because it says that just because one looks knowable does not mean they all. As you walk down the street and you pass by the faces of those around you. Somewhere inside, you think that these people are comprehendible to you, if you just put in the time to get to know them. But in another sense, they aren't, because you don't have that time. Because how would you approach them. Because when are you ever to see them again."

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neo Quywe Federation
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2019, 10:59:23 PM »
"Ritual scars and tattoos." Junko responded, pointing at an eight pointed star comprised of arrows near the back of her neck. "Being of noble blood, scarification begins at the age of three. Our duties aren't merely administrative. As a sign of devotion, the most powerful of the Himeyan nobles etch prayers into their skin with a burning knife." She finished, holding her right arm out for Wrex to examine. Strings of calligraphic text running down her shoulders and upper arm in both Ahkabnilian and Himeyan script; punctuated and divided by holy symbols tattooed in black ink. Phoenixes, talismans, men and women in robes. "The foreigners..." She began, looking around the room with eyes of mild disdain. "They may call it zealotry. Judging cultures not their own behind closed doors and false smiles. But conquest and meaningless pieces of paper, as they're so fond of, didn't reunite the Quywe people."

"This scar, the mark of Kogara, is the sign of divine mandate. In Her name, the broken empire of Quywe has been restored." Junko finished, pointing to a scar on her face. Precisely cut lines crossed on her cheekbone.

The Grand General looked on, listening intently as Velkin explained. Typical pleasantries aside, the odd outcast child of the Hasaenori family had a personal interest in the occult. Books lined her chambers back home, texts considered unholy in the many religions of Mundus. "Then, if there's nobody to offend..." She began, looking at the Advisor with a cruel grin. "May I ask what other sorts of rituals are your people partial to? All but the most fanatic and noble of Shishin followers need only to pray." As a black suited member of the NQF staff passed, Ianaha whispered something in his ear and sent him off. He promptly returned with a cup of plum-colored liquid. Pulling out a match and preparing to strike it, she looked over at the Nythymn. "This is hashiru, high in alcohol. Lighting it shortly before drinking brings health of the mind. May I?" She inquired.
something funny or offensive here

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Alakhwan
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2019, 11:34:05 PM »
Ælirn's eyes swept over the small shrine, taking it all in as she and the Druid entered the room. The statue made it somewhat familiar to her even if the deity in question was a foreign one, as it reminded her of the grand statues found in Xæthoon temples even if the style was a foreign as well. But the Empress also found it to be rather dark and cramped; she didn't understand why so many cultures throughout Mundus liked to praise their gods in such a claustrophobic way and she much preferred the open-air temples of her homeland. Then the Archdruid began speaking and once he finished Ælirn simply stood staring. She supposed his words were profound, but she had no idea how she was supposed to respond. At all. "That was very... insightful," she said, as it would've been rude to simply ignore him, "Now, excuse us for a moment."

Ælirn made her way over to the statue and set the silk down at her feet, taking care not to bow in any way, before giving the statue a respectful nod as she uttered a short prayer in her native tongue. "We are very appreciative of you bringing us here. Thank you," she quickly returned to Iaxxodril, then as they left she spoke up again, "You said that Necra is often depicted as a monster. Why?" It was an honest question; while Ælirn understood the symbolic unknowability of the veiled face, she didn't see why such a centrally important deity would be depicted monstrously. Though it was also something of a cultural bias; the people of Xæth believed themselves to literally be the descendants of their Gods, and so viewed their Gods as something akin to members of an immense extended family. They would never depict their own Gods in any way other than distinctly human.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2019, 11:13:55 AM »
"Aren't you the most adorable little Empress I've ever seen for a long while?" Axel said, looking at Viszla before returning his sights onto the Imperial Infant, receving her from the caregiver. "I have to admit that it has never occured to me that an Emperor would be holding a fellow colleague in his very own arms..." Even if he didn't know her particularly well, the Krimeonite Emperor could already sense through her cute eyes that she was going to be a special ruler some day; special in what way though? He pondered for a short while but didn't have any absolute clue as to what she could accomplish.

"Viszla, let me state once more that she's a beautiful Empress indeed and that she'll without a shadow of doubt will become a force to be reckoned with one day, I sincerely mean it. You should feel proud that you have the privilege and honor of taking care of her, as if she were your own daughter".

"Wonderful news to hear, thank you so much." Elena simply replied to her hosts, still waiting for time to pass by til' the next events would start.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2019, 08:02:05 AM »
Adriana wasn't sure what to think, and although she was good at keeping her emotions hidden what she had seen left her shaken. Seeing King David and King Andrew together Adriana nudged Beatrice, "I think I need some water, may I get some?" she asked. "Of course, I'll see to it..." "No," Adriana interrupted, "I'm sorry, but I need a moment to myself. Lucretia could keep her eyes on me though if that's ok?" Beatrice sighed, "Very well, I'll take the opportunity to relay a few brief messages home and update the Vicegerent on what we've learned thus far."

After pouring her water she made her way to the Morelander and Seaforthian Kings. "Your Majesties," Adriana said with a bow, "I'm sorry if I interrupted you but, this has all been a lot to take in. I don't even think I would be here if my mother knew what was going to happen. It's just, when I feel frightened, I get drawn to somewhere I feel safe, and I always felt safe in East Moreland so I guess their King would feel the most safe here, right? Now I don't want to cut you guys short, but if it's okay, I was kind of hoping we could talk," she continued, looking to King David.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2019, 08:31:15 PM »
David was rather surprised but pleased Adriana had come over, Freya had spent a lot of time with the teenager and seemed to get on well with her and he always considered his sister to be a good judge of character. Before talking though he scanned to make sure she was alone and that Beatrice wasn't accompanying her. "I think we are all a little puzzled at what's going on." David said as he looked around the gathered Seaforthian and Morelander table. When Adriana asked for a private word David first looked around for Stasya, he suspected she was still sat outside composing herself, or more likely touching up her make up following the feinting incident.

"Happy to talk" David stood, "Maybe we'll catch up later" David said as he turned to Andrew, "Oh and Miss Hopkins" David turned to Camryn, "As the only other Morelander here apparently I'm leaving you to make sure Seaforth doesn't do anything stupid." He smiled and then turned back to Adriana. "Well I don't know about you but that was rather different to what I was expecting and I'm pretty happy all I had to do was give a drop or two of blood." He instinctively looked at the finger scars as he followed Adriana to a quiet corner noting Lucretia following at a distance. "I'm assuming this isn't about the ceremony?" David asked.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2019, 04:33:26 AM »
"No, not really," she looked around, before returning eye contact. "I do have other motives for coming over because, for the first time since I was younger, I see you and my mother in the same room. Your family could be considered closer than even my dad's family. It was never like that before and I saw you so much more, then when everything changed it's all these words and feelings being broadcasted until things really exploded. I mean I had this friend last year and we drifted apart, I asked someone I knew wouldn't give me bad advice what I should do, and she guided me in the right direction. Maybe that's all you need, someone who you know won't lead you wrong and maybe you'll be the one coming to visit my castle next time?"

"If I can figure that out an adult can, right? Sorry," she turned for a moment, "Mom says I need to work on when something can sound sarcastic, and I didn't mean that to come off that way. I'm just....you've noticed she's different, noticeably silent on the world stage too, she didn't even want to come here really but the Vicegerent has a lot on his plate so she was sort of forced into it. Amari's anniversary is in a few days, my sibling and another victim of the Lenira bombing, it's hard on all of us but especially her. So if you guys do bump into each other, take it easy on her yeah?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2019, 11:04:02 PM »
"One thing being a Cultist teaches us is that our actions are how we get judged. I'd not think of making the Ironside name be tarnished by creating a scene. If I see her I'll be polite, but I'll be brief" David reassured Adriana. "As for us East Moreland has not stopped seeing Rokkenjima as a people we respect. Not wishing it to happen" David touched the pommel of his sword briefly for good luck, "but if it was you sat upon the Rokkenjiman throne things would be very different. In the eyes of the Cult, in the eyes of the Morelanders we can't do business with your Mother." he shrugged having found somewhere to take a seat away from prying ears. "I'm not sure if you have ever meet my cousin Lily. She's James' younger sister and a lovely young woman, hard working, dedicated to science and a tremendous Cultist. James' whole family were ostracised by the Cult including Lily, for two years I had nothing to do with her. Not because I had no respect for her, not because I hated her, but because I have a responsibility beyond my own emotions. For someone to be seen to be in my good graces but outside the Cults would be a problem, now remember Lily is family, your mother isn't" He hoped he was making himself clear. "Lily worked hard to be seen positively by the Cult. She undertook pilgrimages, used her scientific skills to help people and sought to put right what wrongs her brother had done. Now if we apply this to your Mother......and sadly there are things above your pay grade.....East Moreland has not stopped our support of Rokkenjima in key areas. Meanwhile nothing comes back. Let me give you an example, QAMB, when it closed our nation honoured those Rokkenjiman who served in the region. Meanwhile despite Seaforthians and Morelanders dying to protect Rishiri yet never once in her remarks were those people mentioned. How would it look to my people if I simply go back to how things were?" He reached into his pocket and removed his mobile phone.

"You hear about this back home" He had tapped a search of the "Horseman's Last Ride" the internment of the "Black Prince", a ancestor of the Cole's and of Paul the Explorer. "I understand the Anselmo's and Cole's are related, technically that means so are we, something like distant cousins, 6574 times removed. Maybe even a drop of Unasson's blood flows through your veins." He put the phone away. "If anyone wanted to fix things with a nation obsessed with the Cult little things like that matter. You want things to be less hard maybe remind her that Morelanders aren't her enemy, their just as much part of her nations history now as anything else. She wants to repair things between us she needs to give us a reason."

David thought for a moment, "I think Rhiannon would like things fixed, she was only three when she last visited but she remembers some little sweet shop that sells what are apparently the longest strawberry boot laces in the world. It would be good if it didn't mean she has to go on a strawberry boot lace fast until you two sit on the thrones. As for going easy on your Mother I'll not cause a scene. I'll remember my manners, I always do." 

Offline Persephone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Griss Confederacy
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2019, 06:42:52 PM »
(OOC: Gonna give it one more round of posts before starting the dinner for Dave and B, and also cause I have to figure out what the heck Nythymn cuisine would be lol)

Wrex studied Junko's skin. In many ways it reminded him of a druid's skin, their bodies too were a collection of tattoos and scars that told all sorts of religious stories and mandates. But druids jealously guarded them, hoping to use them against each other. He found the Quywe fashion of proudly displaying them refreshing. He nodded along with the Speaker's words. It was invigorating to see not all of Mundus was so backwards. "There is a power in the divine that few cultures seem to truly posses. They follow their own petty superstitions blindly and unquestioning and yet look down on the rituals that do not mirror their own. I am glad to make your acquaintance."

Iaxxodril ushered the Empress out of the room, leading her back as he answered her question. "There's a lot that goes into it. Necra is known to be a strange and twisted, this may sound harsh, but I mean it in that she has a unique personality. Before she came to rule the afterlife, she was known for being shy and pure. But tangle with the forces of death for as long as she has and it changes you. The physical depictions of monsters are to illuminate her monstrous nature. It is something we cherish in her. To us, more than with any of the other Gods of the Hallowed Pantheon, Necra is the furthest from a human. Though we tell stories, we have our legends and myths of death, no one truly knows anything of the afterlife. It is all faith. Unknowable. Necra is unknowable in the same manner. Unlike the others of her Pantheon, she also has little care for Mundus. Her care for the living world is only because her love, Reaver resides here. It is rare for her to create a physical vessel to send part of her soul to Mundus, an Avatar as we call them. Necra's Avatars usually have some sort of deformity, because her soul is connected with that which is not alive, it partially rejects the living vessel. Previous Avatars have been often been blind or mute. There was once an ancient heretic cult that actually cut their tongues and eyes thinking it might bring them closer to the Goddess. Hmm, such a morbid practice. The world is already cruel enough."

They had reached their destination and the Druid opened the door, rejoining everyone else in the ballroom. Dinner was almost ready, Iaxxodril could smell the aromas wafting through the halls. 

Axel's words might have been flattery to another woman, but Vizla was still unimpressed. Not that she showed this of course. "The cult I grew up in, the Sybil are noted for their prophetic visions and dreams. When the Empress was born, one of my sisters sent word of a dream she had that night. Best translated, I believe it would be... 'Kings will weep as babes for her forgiveness and Queens will flock like doves to hear her words. She will have the power to shape and build empires, as if they were sand among a beach, crumpling them with a wave of her hand. When she cries, the world cries, and when she laughs, the world shakes in agreement. This one' blood shall be as if the blood of Mundus, when she bleeds the world bleeds.' Quite the reputation to live up to, isn't it?"

Velkin turned to the Matriarch, who nodded. He watched the Grand General drink before answering. "I'm afraid as the two Delegation members from Asuria, we can tell you little of the Black Crypt's doing. But, there are al sorts of rituals conducted through Nyx. The specifics vary depending on who is preforming them. While the Black Crypt and Vom Chancery are two major religious institution, there are a number of cults within the Coalition, both state-sponsored and heretical. Every group has varying beliefs and different specifics to their rituals. But the majority of the rituals are for the same goals- prayers for forgiveness of sins and guidance, purification of ones soul, prophesying dreams and visions, asking the Gods for favors or blessings. I doubt much of it is very different than most other religions in Mundus. There are of course special cases, the Black Crypt once practiced the Rite of Rak'Nepenthe, where one is made to forget their life and in essence reincarnation, allowed to live a second life, freed from their past. In Asuria, the when a Matriarch dies, one of the Maidens, her body servants, must take her place. To do so is through the Rite of Shir. It is a bloody and dark rite. They Maidens slaughter each other without remorse until all but one have either yielded or are dead. There are few rules, and so word of a Matriarch's death within her home is extremely important. It is perhaps one of the most violent surviving ritual."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2019, 05:42:50 AM »
"I get that," Adriana said looking about her, "but the Cult says 'help those who cannot help themselves' doesn't it? Mom's doctor was concerned that she couldn't make decisions like she used to, and hearing her talk to my dad, government peeps, everyone really, it makes sense to me. She's not the same, and she thinks that you personally and East Moreland left her for dead from what I heard. She did this whole computer code to transmit data to you guys and she's always on about how "the bastards never replied" and "everything I sent went unanswered. Did Charles break in somehow?" Yeah this is all above my paygrade but, knowing my mom, I am telling you, she can't help herself; she's lost. She's drowning and eventually she's going to succumb to it all, and I can't seem to help her, but you can."

"Some of them wanted her to take a vacation, she resisted," Adriana sighed as she sipped her water. "And lately she's been talking about the 'Rite of Purification' because, between you and me, she doesn't know what else to do. Rosari teachings say it's the remedy to great dishonour, and maybe she just doesn't know how to express that to you because she thinks you abandoned her. But I'm not her, so I can say that's just insane but she won't listen to me. So for one I don't want her to think this is the only thing she can do because she is my mom, and two, you adults are so confusing in almost everything, you make it so hard!"

"King David," she said in a lowered voice, "I don't want to lose my mom, but she doesn't know how to help herself. I haven't told anyone, not even Emerson, about this. Please, help us; she can't ask for help even though she needs it, but I can. Please help before it's too late."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2019, 07:43:52 AM »
Taking the opportunity presented Beatrice stepped outside of the meeting, with clear instruction to Lucretia to keep an eye on Adriana. Finding Stasya, in a state she would be in if she had otherwise not been traumatized herself, Beatrice bowed down beside her.

"I have dotted the Is and crossed the Ts, so to speak, and provided receipts for my end. I've also left my daughter's side to come and speak to you, a fact which does not sit well with me given the setting. As soon as I depart here I shall announce the beginning of construction for the Temple, and your brother may be integrated into Imperial operations. Shall I see similar fruit soon yielded on your end?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2019, 02:08:30 PM »
Olivia and Maia were still hanging around the edges of the gathering, noting the various movements among those attending it was very much the Achkaerinese nature to observe and assess a situation before acting. Their attention was taken as Kayleigh Pryde walked past them, Kayleigh was the interim Imperial Councillor for Intelligence in Rokkenjima and she was the head of the Imperial family's security in Rokkenjima.

"Keeping watch Kayleigh?" Maia asked
"Yes." Kayleigh said "Keeping both mother and daughter where I can see them which is challenging most of the time especially with these two. Though there are things children shouldn't see." it was a reference to the ceremony.
"I agree." Olivia said "How's life in Pyrena?"
"Interesting." Kayleigh said "Emerson's got that much paperwork I doubt he'll be able to see his desk this side of Christmas." she walked off keeping Adriana firmly in sight while retaining knowledge of Beatrice's location.
"Doesn't surprise me." Olivia said she glanced around at the other guests probably not much to do until whatever was going to happen next happened "What do think their cuisine is like around here?"
"I have no idea." Maia said "I just hope it's not got as many twists as we've already seen today."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2019, 11:05:58 PM »
OOC- Joint post with Libby

David felt sorry for Adriana but this was a matter of more complexity than a child could probably fathem. It wasn't just about Beatrice, it was about two countries and as a monarch he accepted his nation was more important than his own feelings, Beatrice would think likewise at least if she was all there. He'd combatted his own mental demons too, following the birth of his children he'd had the shock of being told his son was likely to not live beyond the age of five, coupled with the fact his wife was left in critical condition for weeks. "Look, its not that I'm not sympathetic" David said not bothering to correct her misinterpretation of the Code of Canley. "The problem is this, as things stand if I throw her a rope my people will believe in their hearts I am betraying my faith. She's declared a Lackblade and even being in the same room as her is supposed to be a no no. Add to that her visible lack of respect towards East Moreland and even Seaforth it makes it difficult as things stand. Beside your palace needs to really sort out its staffing. I've lost counts of the messages in speeches showing we're not abandoning Rokkenjima. " It was true his Feast of Helus speech couldn't have been clearer in his offer of friendship towards the people of Rokkenjima and his speech about the Rokkenjiman Navy leaving the Illumic was complimentary. " My hands in a fashion are tied at the moment." He reached into his pocket, "I believe we'll be eating soon" David reached into his pocket unwrapping a small neatly tied piece of silk that surrounded a bundle of objects, a small knife its blade no longer than a thumb its silver handle bearing the Ironside coat of arms, a candle, a small lighter and a whet stone. The King removed the small knife and passed it handle first to Adriana. He hoped she remembered her time in East Moreland and the pre-meal offerings that Morelanders made before eating. " Give this your mother and tell her remind her of its use." He neatly tied everything else up. "Lets see if my sister taught you anything about us." David winked before heading back towards the Seaforthians.

Meanwhile Stasya had been getting some fresh air, Klara had sent one of the Ladies in Waiting to check on her old friend and as the Empress appeared Stasya bid Jasmina goodbye for now. The Lodjain was rather annoyed, Beatrice may be an Empress but clearly she had little grasp of how Lodjains operated, a Patricans word was as strong as any written contract and they always delivered. "The fruit would have ripened now had I better material to work with" she shrugged, "I was expecting to have a chance to make David and your Admiral chap best friends during the Horseman funeral ceremony thing. But rest assured seeds have been planted. You know he's not a complicated man, his faith, his people, his family are essentially what drives him. I made sure the first Morelander, other than him, that I befriended was Rhiannon. You know she has a favourite little sweet shop in your capital?" Stasya had tried to become Rhiannon's best friend ever since seducing David, if she couldn't conceive her own child with David then if she had the support of his beloved daughter then it made it easier to enter the King's heart. "We'll have a chance to socialise I suspect. When the moment comes I'll ensure you and David are drawn into the same conversation, I suspect he'll be polite but distant, but as he likes to say from small seeds great oaks grow. The more I learn of the Cultist faith the more I know that he should have just walked away when he saw you. The fact he didn't means something, silly Morelanders and their deeds not words. Only the Maori are more complex." she smiled. "Perhaps we should head inside." She linked arms with the Empress and walked back into the hall arm in arm, she waited until David noticed and then stopped, made a great play of giving Beatrice a hug and then headed back over to David.

"What did she want?" David asked as soon as Stasya rejoined him.

"I'm fine thanks for asking." She kissed him on the cheek as he looked sheepish. "She just came to check up on me. Rather sweet really. We just had a chat about how crazy this was and wondered what was going to happen next. She then offered to walk me back inside." she lied. "Don't worry I didn't sell any state secrets......except that I've finally convinced you to paint your office because that biscuit crunch colour is a crime against humanity."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2019, 06:55:33 AM »
"Thank you," Adriana said with a smile, she didn't quite know what else to say before returning to Lucretia who informed her that her mother would be returning shortly. She would present the knife when the moment presented itself, but she felt more assured that things would, ultimately, move toward a more bright direction. As well, with the passage of time, would see her returned home, away from the scenes of the removal of bodily limbs and rituals she couldn't possibly hope to understand. Above her paygrade, perhaps, to borrow the King's phrase.

Beatrice, meanwhile, took a moment to check her tone and the message she was conveying. "I don't mean to project upon you my broader frustrations, these days there are few who I can truly feel confident in, but rest assured I do not place you in their league. I shall look to your pace, reaffirming patience and faith as I should have held from the beginning. Perhaps someday I should be able to entertain you in Rokkenjima," she continued as they rejoined the broader crowd.

Beatrice Anselmo