Author Topic: The Show of Good Will (to East Moreland)  (Read 3265 times)

Offline badlegoblox

• Microstate
    • View Profile
    • Ubrriekland Factbook
  • Your Nation: Ubrriekland
The Show of Good Will (to East Moreland)
« on: April 12, 2020, 05:33:54 PM »

Imperial Herald
Diplomatic Section

To the court of the East Moreland, first we give many thanks toward your help by sending ship to defend the lane of refugee that going toward your land and other nation. first let us give many thanks for your action and next we want to clarify on our act. as of now, it is unfortunate that we need to put the ban on faith for some believe but it is a necessary measure to avoid a revolution and rebellion which will lead total collapse of our old first democracy. so we need your understanding for our action, for we do not seek forgiveness but understanding of our isolationist nature.

next we want to decide and talk about the cult of helus in our nation. as of now majority of helus believer located in the north coast province of our nation. fortunately, many northern city state do not expel many ubrriek helus believer as of yet. unfortunately, they need to hide the believe as of now until we can decide which faith and believe that fully infiltirated and corrupted. so what we might ask is, to let helus believer stay on our land which is many apparently is our zealous democratic believer. Can they hid their faith and believe or put up a front of agnostic for now? if not then i am afraid they need to take refuge in your nation for we afraid they will be the one of victim of defamation,which other is rosari and mani.

Truly i suppose this ban will not up for too long for we already identify some of the cult and there will be new press for the update to the ban. if it might help, we will start a petition of updating our current state religion to newer one considering there some religion who is big enough but to previous government incompetence it is neglected.

with regard
the herald of the empire
for the empire endure

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: The Show of Good Will (to East Moreland)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 07:32:28 PM »

To:- The Herald of the Empire.

The Kingdom of East Moreland will always stand by protecting members of the Cult of Helus who are in danger no matter where in the world. As of yet we have no refugees making their way to our nation via the sea lanes and we hope this is maintained. We respect the right of nations to govern themselves when that government represents the true will of the people. We therefore find it rather disheartening that you ask them to hide their faith.

We have several questions regarding the current situation.

1. Why is the Cult of Helus being targeted?

2. What is happening to members of the Cult of Helus within your nation?

3. How many Cultists reside in your nation?

Our Kingdom are supporters of human rights and believe no one should be forced to follow a faith, or none. We are dismayed to hear that it appears you are targeting people of our faith, removing them from their homes and their property. We will do everything we can to protect them.  We are willing to work with the Empire to investigate issues where members of the Cult of Helus are involved. We have also allowed all Cultists to seek residence in our nation and this process will continue.

We look forward to your response.

Princess Freya
on behalf of King David III

Offline badlegoblox

• Microstate
    • View Profile
    • Ubrriekland Factbook
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 09:57:16 AM »

Imperial Herald
Diplomatic Section

Thank you for your understanding and we will try to answer some of your question

1. Honestly we dont know, but our hypothesis is that many of Ubrrieklander assume anything outside the abrahamic religion is a paganism, and it apparently how some see manism too. but considering that many helus believer is seen in positive light, it make it easy for those who disguise as them to have many moving room in our country

2. As of know many seem being under protection of the coastal northern region citystate.

3. that is classified, and truthfully we dont know their full member or their end purpose.

I do hope you understand our late response for this, i urge you if Moreland still have question we will try to answer it.

Imperial Herald

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 10:03:28 PM »

We are dismayed that your government is making laws outlawing a religion such as the Cult of Helus yet when asked why only the Cult is targeted responds with "honestly we don't know.". We are requesting permission for three military officers to accompany our Foreign Minister Lady Orlaith Kade to meet with the Priestess of Helus for Ubrriekland. The purpose of this meeting is to ascertain what your government is either unable or unwilling to give us. Working with the Priestess we shall formulate a plan to aid any Cultist feeling threatened by your actions aimed against them.

Offline badlegoblox

• Microstate
    • View Profile
    • Ubrriekland Factbook
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 05:22:01 AM »

Imperial Herald
Diplomatic Section

By the will of emperor considering the situation, we will only let 1 military officer that can accompany your foreign minister to Ubrriekland, and they will be under heavy surveillance until one of the temple of helus in northern coastal region. this cant be negotiated and we will hope the best for East Moreland.

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2020, 11:20:32 PM »

While we would have preferred an officer from each branch of the armed forces present so as to best gauge the logistics that may be involved in any refugee support programme we find we must agree to the limits you have requested. As such please expect Duchess Orlaith Kade our Foreign Minister and Major Alex Redfern to arrive via helicopter at your earliest convenience.

Offline badlegoblox

• Microstate
    • View Profile
    • Ubrriekland Factbook
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 04:37:38 PM »

Imperial Herald
Diplomatic Section

We approve of this, please do follow the order of travel and we will lead you to the citystate of arhindah where the priestess currently seek refuge.

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2020, 10:15:38 PM »
Orlaith had spent a lot of time in the military and then working for the East Moreland Aircraft Company, it meant she was generally comfortable with helicopters. What she was less used to however was the rear of the helicopter being full of four members of East Moreland's Red Legion as well as her military adviser Major Alex Redfern, himself a Major in the elite unit. Orlaith sat reading her folder of information while Alex sat chatting nonsense with his friends. The Morelanders would have liked to have brought a representative of each branch of the military but if their hosts wanted to play hard-ball then there was probably no one Orlaith would want with her more than Alex. The helicopter began its descent towards the city or Arhindah where they would meet the delegation they'd arranged to meet. As the helicopter touched down Sergeant Olly Thomas slide the door open and helped Orlaith out while leaving Alex, dressed in his formal uniform rather than DPM's, to make his own way out of the helicopter. Their cargo deposited the helicopter took off and headed back to international air space to await being called in for pick up.

Offline badlegoblox

• Microstate
    • View Profile
    • Ubrriekland Factbook
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2020, 11:03:50 AM »
Julian Hildebert
Mayor of Arhindah

Julian is a man of ideal and naivety, but maybe what ubrriekland need is not cold machinery and calculation of a statesman but a leader that filled with idea and dream for the future. but it need to be put deep down under every guise when dealing with outsider and foreigner, for distrust is deep in every children of ubrriekland. with the coming of a monarch or noble that act as the morelander diplomat for this case.
damn them all, damn all of those religious nutjob. while helus is classified as religion in mundus, many of northerner see it more as a glorified ancestor worship, something that an atheist such as himself can understand. yet many of this religious nutjob hide behind the facade of this innocent faith and believe, and many hunt the helusian because they are similar to "doom deliverer" they believe. anyway julian now need to be calm and respectful but he will not be a dog of the empire, but a partner and friend to the emperor.

"Welcome to Arhindah, Miss Orlaith and Mister Alex, i do believe both of you have many question. ah pardon my manner, an introduction is due for you right? my name is Julian Hildebert, Mayor of this citystates and for because of some goodwill a representative of the northern coastal citystates."
Julian pauses a bit while instructing his aide to open the limousine door

"i do believe i might answer some of your question but unfortunately there some legal paperwork to the official in central, so we need to stop first at my office."
Julian said as he lead both of the dignitaries to get inside the car

"worry not i can answer some of your question now, but i can give the detail in my office. after all everything nowadays have an ear"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Helusian Priestess for Ubrriekland

"I do believe this is the safest place to make a discussion and a talk"
she glared to the mayor secretary, after all she just barged into the mayor office herself without waiting for to be let come in.
she tought to herself this is going to be a long days

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2020, 11:31:31 AM »
Alex found it rather interesting what the Mayor said about everything having ears. It was a slight cause for concern even before they began that this man clearly didn't trust those around him. "Thank you for meeting us Mayor" Orlaith Kade began, "As you can imagine we are rather concerned about the situation we hear coming out of Ubrriekland. We've seen members of the Cult of Helus executed and murdered for their faith across Royal Seleucid in the past and being what you could consider the homeland of the faith we believe we have a duty to ensure genocide doesn't happen again. Now I understand your nations government will have heard comments from Clysperis in the past few hours and I'd like to begin by pointing out to you that your nation has zero to worry about from us. East Moreland have never attempted to conquer any nation in our history and infact if you look at our track record we've turned down chances to expand our territory across Mundus. What concerns us is the fate of people belonging to the Cult of Helus, as well as other faiths. If people are to be made homeless, or worse simply because of which God or Gods they worship then we feel it is our duty to offer help, regardless of what faith someone is a member of. I guess then what we need to know from you is exactly what is happening to the members of the Cult in Ubriekkland as well as those of other faiths which are seemingly being banned."

It was then Alex spoke, "I would personnel like an idea of the numbers of people that are in danger and the time scales were looking at. Are we likely to be seeing people getting attacked tomorrow, or never. Are we looking at property seizures or just funny looks in the street. We want to engage to find a peaceful solution, despite what the Pharoah would have you think. If we were looking for war you'd have seen His Majesty King David not going on honeymoon and he'd have dispatched an aircraft carrier fleet, not UAV carriers. I hope that logic will be conveyed to your Emperor."

Offline badlegoblox

• Microstate
    • View Profile
    • Ubrriekland Factbook
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2020, 03:03:21 PM »
City Palace of Arhindah
Julian Hildebert

"now now Mr. Alex that straight to the heavy question"
Julian open the door of the car and let help both of them get out

"but i personally understand your concern, so here i would be honest to you"
a smirk shown in his face, while discreetly order the police and defense force to take position and watch over their guest discreetly too. after all it is for the benefit of both, the citystate, empire and the morelander.
"informally the people inside the northern citystate is safe but they need to hide, but outside... may the gods watch over them."
julian said it with a hint of concern. while he trying to lead them to the office, his secretary inform him that the priestess herself has barge into his room.
"Goddammit"
he said quietly, some word is always appropriate whichever the person belief.

"ah then my word might worried you, but i assure you the northern land itself is safe"
He put emphasis on LAND when he said it.
"let me get you the document while my secretary will let you to the meeting room"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Atifa Augusta Kaufer
Helusian Priestess for Ubrriekland

'GODDAMMIT KAUFER'
julian said as he barge, close the door and make sure no one outside and it already sound proof
'i said i will let them meet you in the temple not in here'
"the temple will be more dangerous mayor. do i need remind you that there is some kidnapping attempt by those called themselves ubrriekland true son?"
Atifa glare at the man before her. she have known him for many years, hell she have fallen for him at some times. but alas fate does not allow and atleast she happy with what relationship they currently have.

"i will meet them here, do remember i am still ubrreklandian and i will not sell my homeland but do remember i have people look up to me and need my guidance. i know you might be worried the hand will act againts OUR favor, but they are still on our side. atleast if each of our plan failed there other that will clean our mess."
she said it with conviction and in that a heart ready to accept any of the consequences.

"let me bring the document, so you can focus on other importanter thing"
she smile and chuckle as she grab the document from him

'Fine you owe me a drink after this kaufer'
she hear him laughing too and walk toward the meeting room

Meeting Room

"Ms Orlaith, Mr Alex i am the helus priestess for ubrriekland. The mayor have a bit of appointment with other and i do believe your purpose here is to meet me too, while i might not represent the whole empire i assure you i represent the ideal of the northern region and its people."
She pauses and give the document to both of them

"100.000 peoples is stuck in northern region. we cant go to the mainland in fear being kidnapped or killed as sacrifice by this separatist doomsday nutjob, pardon my languages."
she calm herself and continues, "all of the so called pagan and cult is migrating north which is the land you currently visit. not all of them innocent and personally some of these is a mask for this doomsday cult to kidnap and sacrifice other believer and "outsider" for their cause"

she wait for both of the morelander to read the document, and continue.
"Truthfully most of the helusian believer will and want to stay here, but other minor faith such as this." she show to one of the detail of a minor cult.
"cult of seancer, they believe in pantheon of sea god and they wish to seek refuge to other country. do mind i do not really know their history in ubrriekland but many of ubrrieklander even the one with most shady belief will not run away or seek refuge away from ubrriekland"

she pause a bit and checking the room first before continue.
"i have a proposal..."
"this will be off the record and i only ask because both of us are helus creation."
she paused and inhale deeply before continue
"we ask you to check all of this refuge that goes outside the country, there is a kidnapping and enslaving case on this refugee. some hide and smuggle the enslaved as refugee boat and goes to other slave state around mundus. some hide in normal refugee boat and when it already far away from ubrriek official they taking over the ship."
"the navy of the empire is not in a good shape and most of it tied to watching the southern region in case those communist goes crazy and replace this doomsday cult as the empire next dissident."
she stop to drink and smile, waiting for the respond of her morelander guest.

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2020, 03:58:14 PM »
Redfern was already doing some mental planning, this was the kind of scenario they'd seen in Mavrosia only with some of the parties names changed. "Let me see if I understand this correctly. There are some citziens of Ubriekkland who are kidnapping and murdering followers of the Cult of Helus. This is driving followers of the Cult North towards the coast with some members of this Ubrriekland True Son group mixed in. Your government are not taking action because they're dealing with Communist problems in the South?" Alex checked whether this was correct.

"Now if my understanding is correct I propose the following." He took a notebook from his briefcase and began to jot things down.

"1. We have the Temples of the Cult of Helus hand over their Temple Records to us, the Temples record all name giving ceremonies and sword ceremonies[1]. That can essentially become our database of who is a Cultist. With some luck you'll have gone digital with these as we did in East Moreland a few years back.

2. With permission of the Emperor we can establish a beach-head on the Northern coast, we can begin cross referencing the refugees heading North with those from the Temple records. Any refugee wanting to get to East Moreland we can facilitate.

3. If possible we can bring in the Royal Engineers Regiment and they can construct an airfield using Marston Matting and we can bring in aircraft to aid with the operation.

4. We will move the refugees initially to Hunter's Vale, its a former Air Force base we converted to a refugee centre a few years back. Back during the dark days of the 1970's it featured an underground nuclear, biological and chemical warfare bunker with about 12,500 people underground alone. From there we can arrange any other long term settlements.

Alex had finished outlining his plan, "So do you think there are any issues with what we're suggesting?"

Orlaith answered before their hosts, "This naturally relies on the Emperor giving his approval, if not we may need Plan B."
 1. Name giving ceremony is done at a child's 1st birthday, sword ceremonies are a central part of the faith and happen usually at about age 21

Offline badlegoblox

• Microstate
    • View Profile
    • Ubrriekland Factbook
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2020, 11:12:25 AM »
Atifa Augusta Kaufer

"yes, but do refrain to call them citizen, they are a separatist as of now and declared traitor and rebel officially. and my government action is divided into 2 which is fighting the rebel in south near the soleimani and in south east containing the communist."
Atifa pauses and drink the tea given by the secretary before the meeting.

"1. we have digitalized it but i reckon our record is not complete, it only show recent ceremonies from 2015. yet many of this cult has been active since the fall of first democracy or rough estimate is 2000. but good news is our book keeping is safe and should be complete."

"2. north here there is a citystate that has been checked and fortified as the gate of people who want to take refugee. i am afraid any military or official only allowed to land there."

"3. this one is not possible i reckon the empire have face that need to be save, or the communist and southerner will challenge the current fragile power balance. which i believe we dont want that too happen"

"4. as long they can safely arrive to their choosen place i do believe this doomsday cult cant act rash or risk being hunted by every nation and lose their profit at selling slave."

"before any miscommunication, what i ask, and all of the empire want is the morelander, can help with this refugee going out and arrive safely in their nation of choice. this might sound cold to both of you, but truthfully the empire care less for those who forsake it and so do i. And the only reason the empire is concerned because the separatist used this refugee to be enslave and sold to distance land only to strengthen the current separatist movement in the south."

looking at the data again actually make kaufer concerned. he feel there might be something hidden by the official to the populace, and her gut tell her that the pirate or slave seller of north sea is not a simple matter and might be related to one of the defeated warlord at the era of warring states, seeking revenge again the empire or the emperor. which is the same anyway.

"a piece of advice, do not seek to antagonize the current empire or it will drag both of us into the dept of hell. and please mind where your talk for every wall might have an ear. and oh, watch out for the pirate and armed slave trader while they might not be using advanced equipment they can best with empire navy, while granted knowing our naval capability is low. i am afraid they might gave you a hard time"

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2020, 09:34:56 PM »
"We're not aiming to antagonise anyone" Orlaith explained, " That was the entire reason for us wanting this meeting so that we could work with your government to try and find a soloution that would avoid conflict. I think we should have enough with the information you've given us to begin conducting operations. Sadly that's not really my area of expertise which is why Redfern here was brought along with me." Orlaith turned the meeting over once again to the Red Legionnaire.

"What we'll do then is we'll bring the two drone carriers as close in to shore as possible, if we can find somewhere to dock them even better. We'll have the UAV's locate four zones we can helicopters into and designate these as feeder stations, Alpha, Bravo, Charlie and Delta. Each feeder station will essentially be like a bus stop for refugees. At each of these points we'll use the lists from the Temples as a checklist. Going back to only 2000 shouldn't be an issue as most Cultists will have been involved in some ceremony over the last 20 years so we should be able to verify things. Once we've picked people up we'll begin a funnelling system back to East Moreland. The first stop for all refugees will be Hunter's Vale, then any with connections to Cultists back home can be moved through to them." Alex explained. "I suppose then we'd be interested can you suggest four locations within the city we can get helicopters into and out of, and is there anywhere to park a big ship?" Alex asked. Ideally he'd have liked a few weeks to get things sorted but sometimes you just had to fly by the seats of your pants.

Orlaith cut in again, "Is there anything your government needs in terms of stopping this Domesday lot from piracy and slaving?"

Offline badlegoblox

• Microstate
    • View Profile
    • Ubrriekland Factbook
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2020, 04:04:07 AM »
Atifa Augusta Kaufer

"Not much, but as of now we hope you can just put down and stop them as many as you can. and i will trust you in refugee check point, do ask if you need help. i will help you as much as i can as one of the influental person in this region. before we conclude this meeting i suppose, do you guys have any more question?"

kaufer start checking back again the document and the proposed help from the morelander. from news here and there many saw morelander action as of now is a military action trying expand their sphere of influence to ubrriekland. one thing she knows, even if that true it will be a political problem of the later or more specifically julian problem. now the only problem is wether there will be an imperial hand trying to mess this up for their idealized answer to this problem or another 3rd faction trying to profit from this refugee problem, such as the communist and their hate with the religion. or those "intelectualist" too which want us a religion heads and traditional heads to be gone so they can advance their immoral research that might be more detrimental to humanity as whole.

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2020, 11:41:20 PM »
"Well I believe then we have an agreement" Orlaith stood and extended a hand, "I believe we all have things that need our attention. One last thing though" Orlaith scribbled a few details on a piece of her notebook and ripped it off and handed it over to their hosts. "This is the phone number and extension of my personal secretary. If there are any problems, questions or issues please don't bother going through embassies or the like , just come straight to that. It is our intention of issuing your government with status updates every 12 hours unless things escalate. Mr.Redfern here shall see to those won't you?"

Alex hadn't expected that but figured it was now his problem to deal with. "Yes Your Ladyship" he said as they left to board the helicopter back out to the Drone Carriers. Once there Orlaith boarded the waiting Rotar One which would take her back to the Kingdom of East Moreland." Meanwhile onboard REMNS Dalek Alex gathered the task forces senior officers. As well as himself and a team of 19 other Red Legionnaires there was a group of Royal Marine Commando's lead by Lt-Col Ed Reilly, the Captain's of the two Drone Carriers, William Dawson and Thomas Barwell. Finishing the officers was Major Erica Matthews from the Royal Army Medical Corps. Despite him not being the most senior of officers onboard his status as a Red Legionnaire and the fact he'd been in the briefing meant he was assuming control of this session.

"The Situation is as follows. A group of religious nutjobs are heading north and as such members of faiths such as the Cult of Helus are being targeted by them. The city of Arhindah is their destination and the government of Ubriekkland have given us permission to dock there for the purpose of removing refugees. We have also been issued with the records of the Cult regarding ceremonies and rites which we have digitally." He checked that everyone was seeming to be making notes to pass on to their own people.

"Our Mission is to protect as many of those fleeing the persecution as possible and if necessary provide security for their evacuation." He double checked his notes. "We shall execute this mission by taking the following steps. First the REMNS Dalek and REMNS Cylon shall dock at Arhindah. Prior to landing both ships shall launch a UAV to spot areas suitable for recieving centres. Once we reach 50km from the coast Lt-Col Reilly's Marine detachment from each vessel shall take RHIB's to the docks and prepare for the ships to come alongside. Once the ships have arrived the Marines will establish reception centres. These reception centres shall check people into one of three categories. Category A - Children travelling alone or those in need of urgent medical help, Category B- Adults travelling with children and then Category C - Everyone else. These will then be checked against the Cult's records, those confirmed as part of the Cult will be taken to REMNS Dalek, those not confirmed as part of the Cult will be taken to REMNS Cylong. The reason for this is rumours of the troublemakers infiltrating the refugees in order to cause disruption. By isolating them onto one ship we make it easier to police. Once the carriers are full, we're looking about 500 people per vessel. They will put to sea, once out the EEZ which we expect to take 3 hours, we will launch as many of the refugees by helicopter towards East Moreland, additionally we will be meet by the Ekra-Badger, and the two Ekra-Badger II's. They can take a combined 350 people from the ships. We will also be making use of the REMNS Portworth Aircraft Carrier which will be mid Mhorish by the time we reach Arhindah. Their helicopters will also head in and remove the remaining refugees. Once the Drone Carriers are clear they shall return to Arhindah and repeat the process. Rules of engagement are to only fire if fired upon."

Redfern double checked his notes and then looked back at the gathered crowd. "Anyone have any questions." The gathered faces just shook their heads. "Captain Dawson, how many categories are we having?" Alex asked the commander of the REMNS Dalek.

"Three." Alex quizzed them a little more before satisfying himself that they had understood his plan.

"Very good" Alex declared himself pleased. The REMNS Dalek should reach Arhindah in three hours, Lt-Col Reilly, you'll be leaving in two. Get your men ready." Normally a Lt-Col would have been the ones giving the orders but Redfern was a well respected Red Legionnaire and some believed his authority came straight from King David and so the men jumped about their duties.