Author Topic: Pharaoh Akasha Calls Upon The Lakhzov President  (Read 2260 times)

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Pharaoh Akasha Calls Upon The Lakhzov President
« on: May 05, 2020, 03:33:03 AM »

President Kadassa,

I know that neither you nor myself have seen eye-to-eye, indeed, we have traded barbs and sharpened words at each other in the past. However, as it becomes apparent that Lakhzovia has been barred from joining the Cross-Straits Union I believe that it is becoming more clear that, perhaps, Lakhzovia has been looking in the wrong places to forge lasting partnerships. Despite the words of Empress Beatrice Rokkenjima and Lakhzovia could hardly be called partners; the discrepancies in power naturally lead to a dynamic where, even if it is not exercised by the Rokkenjimans, Lakhzovia is largely beholden to the generosity and grace of whatever Anselmo (or Rhodes) sits upon Chrysanthemum Throne. With Beatrice gone and Empress Evanthe taking the reigns of power yet again, it is perhaps a matter of time before policies are changed, pressure is placed upon you and your Government, and you may find yourself in the days of the "Accord in tatters" language we last saw when Empress Evanthe sat on the Throne.

President Kadassa, you and I are not so different. That may be why we have gotten off on such a wrong foot.

We both act decisively to maintain our nations, protect our People and to preserve their cultures and traditions. We scoff at the concentration of power in the hands of a select few nations, looking at the world around us realistically while recognizing the deck is stacked against nations who do not conform with the status-quo. With these similarities in mind, do we not have much more to gain together rather than opposed to each other? To be certain Lakhzovia has not had the warmest of receptions with the Kingdom of Clysperis or the Tamoran Empire, however, I do not feel it is too late for our nations to step back from that path to forge one of our own; one which places the interests of our People, and the preservation of our cultures, over pleasing nations such as Rokkenjima.

At your convenience I invite you to visit me in Khemnen. Let us speak as leaders, without flowery language but with purpose in each and every word. At the very least I may promise you that ten years from now you can expect to be working with me, that my positions and principles will stand as steadfast as the pyramids themselves, and you won't be left wondering if you've a friend or an enemy depending upon the direction of the wind on any given day.

Until we shall speak, I wish you well.

Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re, Sovereign of Sovereigns, Divine of Appearance, Beloved of Amun, Chosen of Ra, Lord of the Three Lands, Ruler of Justice like Ra, High Priest of Every Temple, the Eye of Horus, Satisfied is the heart of Ra.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
Re: Pharaoh Akasha Calls Upon The Lakhzov President
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 08:21:06 PM »

Office of the President of the
Lakhzov Republic

To Her Highness Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re

I find myself pleasantly surprised by your invitation given the past tensions between our two persons.

I have to say that despite whatever personal animosity may exist between us I hold a deep respect for the Clysperi preservation of tradition and custom, and perseverance in the face of a world which all too often seeks to erode what makes the nation unique. I believe this is a virtue that we both share and that drives the national journey of both our peoples.

I gratefully accept your invitation and anticipate fruitful discussions.

May Emets Blessing be upon you,

Sachim Kadassa
President of the Lakhzov Republic

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 08:58:19 PM »
While the meeting was to take place in Khemnen Pharaoh Akasha elected to receive President Kadassa in the city of Nafu, home of the Pyramids of Nafu. It presented a fitting backdrop and introduction to the Kingdom for her guest, a man with whom she had not had the best rapport with. Prior to his arrival it was necessary to lift the ban on Lakhzov nationals traveling to the Kingdom as well as providing a heads-up to Djerb that she would be meeting with President Kadassa, informing the Emperor that the issue of Manistphobia would be addressed first and, should it not be resolved, they would progress no further toward Khemnen and the President would be returned home. After all, with a significant number of Clysperi Manists and its status as a sister faith it would be impossible for Clysperis and Lakhzovia to join in any manner of partnership if their President harboured hatred for the Manist faith.

The Great Pyramid of Nafu, Ikhet.

The greeting Kadassa received at the airport was low-key, yet sufficiently respectful as to not insult her guest. Having exchanged pleasantries the two would embark upon a short drive from Nafu Airport. With President Kadassa joining the Pharaoh in her vehicle, and after an unusually quiet ride to this point as she attempted to get a feel for the President, she pointed to the view of the Great Pyramid of Nafu for Kadassa to take in.

"Others are known to tall it the "Great Pyramid of Nafu", Akasha explained, "but to our people, we simply call it Ikhet, or "glorious light" in English, as it shines just as a star would. It has been a labour of love and devotion of the Clysperi People, seen over countless generations, to preserve and protect the pyramids from reaching the state of those seen in Abydos. In many ways this is reflective of the Clysperi People: we cherish our connections to our ancestors, revere the accomplishments of our civilization and hold true to the path established by our forefathers. I figured this sight would be a most appropriate introduction to Clysperis, granting an understanding that just isn't fit to convey with mere words alone."

"Naturally, as you've likely seen, this has caused some friction with some powers who aren't so happy to be called out for their destruction of cultures and seeming desire to see their values and norms imposed upon the world around them. While some may be content to curry favour, signing pieces of paper like the MCUR and the Uppsala Convention, we've made quite clear that our path in the universe is ours, and ours alone, to determine. We shall not bow to any nation nor adopt treaties which are alien to our cultural beliefs so as to appease the occidentals into allowing our existence. Should the day come where they decide to effect change by force we will be prepared and, gods forbid, should that day come we'll at least stand as intended: as free Clysperi."

"My words toward you were unvarnished but those words followed your defense of Slava Lavosk, the disparagement of Dilara Haghighi, and a campaign which Clysperis and Tamora recognized as overtly Manistphobic." Akasha then instructed her driver to slow and pull over to the side of the road before continuing. "Perhaps we may thus begin by establishing where your true views on these matters are; I'm curious if you still hold to those words or if there was some outside factors which led to their utterance. As you know Clysperis is a steadfast ally of Tamora and Clysperi Manists are a cherished part of our national fabric, so this is an issue which must be addressed before we may go any further toward Khemnen."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 09:23:21 PM »
The Pharaoh had gotten to the crux of the matter quicker than Kadassa had anticipated, as a tactic to throw him off he could not fault her, it was the sort of trick he had employed himself from time to time, he hesitated only momentarily before answering "Your Highness must appreciate that whatever statements have been issued by myself or my government in relation to Tamora bears no indication of my feelings for the Manist faith itself or those who hold it in their hearts. In fact my government has taken it upon itself to protect and defend the small Manist community within our own country, and just earlier this week I took the decision to order my Minister of Foreign Affairs to take action to ease the ability of Lakhzov manists to travel to Tamora on pilgrimage. While Manism is an alien faith to me with a value structure at odds with my own I would never seek to set myself up as an enemy to a religion which means so much to many millions of people."

He paused for a moment and took the opportunity to gaze out at the pyramid "You know I praised you once already for your cleaving to tradition, but having seen such ancient wonder so well maintained century upon century is something else entirely. I cannot help but express my admiration for your civilisation. In Lakhzovia the sad fact is that Holy sites a fraction the age of this monument are in a state of disrepair that makes one weep. You are right about the value of tradition and the preciousness of the things that make civilisations unique, they are ever so delicate and without constant vigilance are ever vulnerable to being lost forever. We live now in a world that seeks more than anything to homogenise culture and tear down the grand edifices of tradition. I fear Lakhzovia narrowly avoided such a fate, and yet the threat remains. I am agreement with you in the need to defend the soul of a people with all our might."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 05:55:38 AM »
As Akasha nodded in satisfaction her driver resumed motion. "A man of pleasant surprises, even proving me wrong as to your abilities with a map. I jest of course," she said with a chuckle, "laughter often does wonders to break past tensions. I'm happy to see you move to protect Manists, so often they are vilified in foreign media across Mundus for resisting calls to change their beliefs because they offend foreign sensibilities so deeply. As a nation with a growing Manist population I can attest to the contributions and benefits Manist Lakhzovs will bring to your nation."

"Indeed, it was the Manist-founded Common Defense League which helped to turn the tides of our fight against terrorists in the Southern Lands," she continued. "They impressed upon me so deeply that it was only natural to extend to them an offer to formally become a division of the Royal Clysperi Army. Marshal Hedayati built a force of Manist, Muslim, and Kemetic fighters, proudly proclaiming the CDL fought "In the name of God and the Pharaoh"; without their loyalty and dedication it's possible I would not be sitting here with you today. This is part of why the Kemetic faith considers the Manists to be a sister-faith which is wholly compatible with the principles set forth by Mayet, both a goddess and the set of principles governing justice, order and balance."

As they conversed Khemnen Palace drew closer, "I believe your rejection from the CSU may ultimately prove to be a blessing in disguise, offering your people, culture and nation an opportunity to hold onto what is so dear to all of us. Yes we may look at what occidental nations have done, the heights they have reached, but at what cost did it come? It's firmly my belief that oriental nations can move beyond their achievements should we build partnerships, support each other, and render their liberal agenda dead in its tracks as it seeks to encroach upon that which they've lost: our beautifully unique identities. Please, do join me inside, the heat of the sun at this time can be most unbearable to those unaccustomed to it," she said as the car slowed to a stop.

The two would make their way to a comfortable sitting room with food, drink and all other manner of refreshments available. "President Kadassa, I invited you here for three reasons. Firstly, because I believe our nations, despite the rough start to our dialogue, share more in common than the differences between us and, unlike some others, when I offer the friendship of the Kingdom we do not offer it conditionally. Our stances today will be the same tomorrow, a week from now, and most certainly decades from now. Should we establish a partnership we shall stand steadfast to it, never abandoning it once things become difficult or inconvenient. Secondly, as nations which share Cotf Aranye and I feel are both oriented toward the orient, we should be in a position to support each other against the continuously aggressive moves of the occident to effect changes against the wills of our People. Imagine the audacity of the Morelander King to say his god shared a vision with him for Midaranye, who is he or his god to speak of Midaranye as if they have some right to chart the course of a region far removed from their shores? Thirdly, in the coming months and years the Kingdom will be in need of investment as well as procuring more modern military hardware and civilian infrastructure to ensure projects such as power generation to support my policies to transform the Clysperi economy and I feel that Lakhzovia can be a natural partner in that endeavour."

"I also won't be signing a bilateral treaty with the Republic," she continued, "I'm not a fan of them, so please do not take it as an insult. I believe that nations shouldn't need a piece of paper which states that they shall do this or that, that they won't shoot each other, or even that they'll defend the other should the need arise. I believe that our words, shared amongst one another, should be sufficient to those ends, that when I give you my word that Clysperis will act in one way or the other, and you give me yours that Lakhzovia shall do likewise, we've established those bonds between our nations as the representatives of our Peoples. Quite simply we shouldn't require a treaty to act in a proper manner toward one another, nor should we require a treaty to defend one another, should we one day reach that point; quite simply, our friendship and the partnership we may embark upon will exist as a tangible thing unto itself. We'll be bound to whatever terms we agree upon by our word, and that I feel, is more sincere and powerful than any treaty could ever hope to be."

Akasha wasn't certain how Kadassa would react to her later words and thus waited to see how he responded before saying anything further.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 10:37:51 PM »
"Far from an insult, I find it to be quite the compliment. Your distaste at formalised treaties speaks to your sense of honour and honesty, for it is only the person who lacks faith that demands a bond. Our nations share in common that our societies are driven by honour, for the Lakhzov and Clysperi the importance avoiding shame is paramount. Our cultures are motivated by adherence to tradition, enforcing justice, extended hospitality and doing ones duty to family, clan, nation and God.

I fear though that sometimes this can be as much a curse as a blessing when dealing with a world that does not share our oriental outlook. In Lakhzovia the traditionalists are increasingly uncomfortable with the way Lakhzovia is being treated, the resentment is building in the population at what is considered our continued humiliation at the hands of those who profess to be our friends. The occidental countries fail to understand this key aspect of the Lakhzov national psyche, to have been publicly and internationally humiliated has wounded our nations honour and now the scrambling to offer phased programmes that would require us to bend further in supplication to those who injured us further antagonises the situation. I know that the popular feeling is that having been so affronted that the occident should offer us apology, instead they add insult to injury by offering us less than we were promised and expect our enthusiastic gratitude. No that will not do, we could never allow ourselves the dishonour of appearing so weak.

But you in Clysperis I feel understand the nature of such things in a way they never will, and that assures me that any agreement given on your word would be inviolable, and if so then I believe there are many potential futures in which our nations could cooperate to the glory of us both."