Author Topic: Soleimani and the NLA  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
  • I pronounce my r’s. Dunkin>Starbucks
    • View Profile
    • Factbook of the Commonwealth of Soleimani
  • Your Nation: Republic of Ragha
Soleimani and the NLA
« on: June 07, 2020, 03:27:32 AM »
For Your Eyes Only

To Mr. Bemba,
I am certain that at this point, you are well aware of our involvement in supporting your armed forces. At the current moment, we are sending a fleet of our most powerful ships to aid you troops in securing the coastline. However, we certainly hope the Council of Albion will be able to find a peaceful solution, but in the likely case they don’t, we must take military action. The reason I have sent you this letter is to ask you for permission to land five of my P-4 Maritime Patrol Aircraft in the inland NLA territories around Katamba. I’ll need a specified airfield and I’ll need it to be prepared with the necessary refueling equipment. The aircraft will be essential in ensuring the success of the so-called “Liberation Operation”. None of this is public knowledge. I will give more details on the plans on how to utilize the aircraft later, but I’ll simply need to have the arrangements made if it’s possible.

Sincerely,
     Jackson Kazakhi,
          Secretary of Defense of the Commonwealth of Soleimani

Offline Dijel

• Basically New Zealand
  • Here we go again, baby!
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Republic of Kaedwen // The Commonwealth of Merina
Re: Soleimani and the NLA
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 10:08:02 PM »

Commonwealth of Merina

National Liberation Army

Encrypted Communique

Honourable Secretary Kazakhi,

I thank you for your continued support of our cause; while we share your hope that the Council shall see sense and ensure that the tyrant Nguessa is brought to justice, I agree with your assessment that the prudent course of action is to be prepared for a resumption of hostilities in the near future.

With regards for your proposal to base Solimani aircraft around Merina, I have consulted with my airmen, and have several queries I would like to raise before I feel I will be able to support your most noble gesture of friendship. First, in order to reach the Katamba area, these aircraft will be required to overfly several hundred kilometres of enemy airspace; while the NLA's airmen shall undoubtedly do all they can to protect your aircraft, we are outnumbered and outgunned in the air, and find myself unable to guarantee the safety of your aircraft or their brave crewmen. Secondarily, we have concerns as to the way in which such a move would be received by the Council, whom would almost invariably become aware of such a scheme. Would you be able to postpone this move until such after the Gaia conference? It is our assessment that we must be seen to approach these talks in good faith if we are to be able to leverage the Council's support against Nguessa.

Alternatively, if you are able to pass on such operational details, would the purpose for which these aircraft are required be possible for our own airmen to complete? Either as a stop-gap until these Solimani aircraft are in position, or in totality?

Dieu vous protège,

Marshal Diakame Bemba

Offline Ryan

• Basically New Zealand
  • I pronounce my r’s. Dunkin>Starbucks
    • View Profile
    • Factbook of the Commonwealth of Soleimani
  • Your Nation: Republic of Ragha
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 11:08:22 PM »
For Your Eyes Only

Dear Marshal Bemba,
I am aware of your concerns over how our planes will be able to reach Merina. First of all, we will be sending our aircraft in from the east, so as to avoid the rather active waters of the Strait of Shaw. This will most likely allow our aircraft to reach Merina with little in our way. Secondly our P-4 aircraft have an extended range and multiple Electronic Warfare Support measures. If we keep it the fact that we're sending aircraft confidential, we'll be able to get our aircraft around Lodjan waters without raising much suspicion. Now, the reason for which we plan to utilize these aircraft in the liberation operation is to patrol the Strait of Shaw and set up a perimeter of mines to prevent enemy ships from interfering with the mission. We plan to publicly announce that we have placed mines. The P-4 aircraft are equipped with numerous weaponry and defense systems including anti-submarine torpedoes, depth charges and missiles capable of both air-to-air combat and air-to-surface combat. In addition to that, they are also capable of using electronic warfare to impair the enemy ships' ability to detect the fleet. Finally, to answer your question about whether we could postpone the mission, I believe it's better to send the aircraft sooner rather than later because as we wait, more ships are being activated and the region is becoming more strongly monitored. If you have any aircraft which you feel are capable of fulfilling that role, then feel free to use them instead, if not, I await a letter confirming that we can send our planes.

Sincerely,
     Jackson Kazakhi

Offline Dijel

• Basically New Zealand
  • Here we go again, baby!
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Republic of Kaedwen // The Commonwealth of Merina
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 10:14:58 AM »

Commonwealth of Merina

National Liberation Army

Encrypted Communique

Honourable Secretary Kazakhi,

If you are confident in the capability of your airmen to reach our bases without incident, then I am content to yield to your judgement on the matter. We do not, indeed, posses aircraft of this type, and shall gladly accommodate yours if you deem them necessary to future operations. Our base at Togbo International Airport has been issued a warning order for the arrival of these units; I trust your people will be able to cooperate with the local commanders in the area, and that you find this arrangement to be agreeable.

I must advise you, though, that the National Liberation Army will be forced to disavow the operation, should issue arise prior to arrival in Togobo. In our judgement, we cannot be seen to be complicit in undermining the Council of Albion's mediation efforts at this juncture; we still hope that they may be encouraged to support our cause in time. Further, and with regards to your operational intent, I am advised that Nguessa's navy poses little threat to yours, and must encorage a degree of restraint, especially with regards to such indiscriminate weapons as naval mines, which we are concerned might cause rather more international backlash than operational effect.

Dieu vous protège,

Marshal Diakame Bemba