Author Topic: An Imperial Housewarming: Talks in the Garden  (Read 2074 times)

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
An Imperial Housewarming: Talks in the Garden
« on: August 30, 2023, 01:39:26 PM »
As her guests got their fill of entertainment and leisure the Empress concluded her dances and invited her guests outside to one of the gardens of the Palace. A temporary pavilion had been erected to provide shade with an area set off to the side for private talks with her guests, should they be desired. In the mean time the Empress sat outside of the pavilion, taking in the warmth of the sun whilst enjoying the songs of birds which were accompanied by a gentle breeze. While there was an entire city around them one could barely notice it from behind the walls of the Imperial Palace, an oasis of nature, though she couldn't help to be somewhat sad that her timing precluded her guests from seeing the beautiful colours which the trees of the Palace would begin to adorn in the near future.

OOC:

Social activities may continue in the other thread if they're desired, however, I figured I wouldn't keep things held up. Those who wish to talk with the Empress and McKenna in a more private setting have the opportunity to do so. :)

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Baal System
Re: An Imperial Housewarming: Talks in the Garden
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2023, 11:06:44 AM »
High Commissioner Jorman Sygvaldi was away from a few people for a while. His wife Jaana was busy enjoying the banter and using her diplomatic skills to chat with Empress Tanya Ydrakov and her partner the famous journalist Lars Byland.
He found himself outside. And greeted the Empress “Apologies Empress. I just needed a place to be quiet. I hope I am not intruding.”

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2023, 08:38:22 PM »
"No need for apologies, do join me," she said as she motioned to an empty seat. "I'm pleased that you've accepted my invitation so allow me a moment to thank you," she paused, before continuing. "It wasn't too long ago that we'd be meeting there," she said as she pointed to a hill, "but I like the gardens here at the Imperial Palace much better, I almost feel like I have a closer connection to my ancestors here too, you know? While we sit here please enjoy a refreshment, and if there's anything you'd wish to discuss I'm all ears. Mr. McKenna," she pointed a short distance from them, "may assist as well if there's any policy details you'd be interested in going over. He's set to be Vicegerent one day, so getting to know him now is an investment in the future, too."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2023, 12:01:43 AM »
Jormin smiled gently. "Yes Mr Mckenna I hear he is an honourable young man of great integrity. We have a similar garden near the Directorate Building back home, its a small garden overlooking the river Rehr which flows into the Sea of Alucard. I will be talking with him in the future it seems. The truth is your majesty I don't know whether I should be talking to you, Mr Mckenna or your Central Bank Governor about this matter. So I'll just say it. I wish to negotiate a contract in the purchase of a large reserve of your nations currency. I have a feeling that either Mr Mckenna would help in this matter correct?"

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2023, 06:08:06 AM »
"Most likely,." she would respond, calling him over. "So, I understand you'd like to do some business?" he'd ask as he joined them. "Gregory McKenna, at your service," he continued. "I have lines to the Imperial Treasury so any such inquiries are fully within my remit."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2023, 12:38:32 PM »
High Commissioner Sygvaldi smiled "Ah yes, Mr McKenna...Or is it Count McKenna? Forgive me, royal etiquette and address are not a concept in my country. In any case I wish to get to the heart of the matter. The Governor of the Reserve Bank of the UVBR has been talking to me about purchasing ₹250,000,000,000 worth of Rokkenjiman Imperial Duckets. Which equates to a third of our gdp. We have designs to acquire some assets within the continent which we reside in an effort to economically rehabilitate our neighbors in the west of us."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2023, 10:48:56 PM »
"Mr. McKenna is fine, I may be the nephew of Duke McKenna of Seaforth however I have no such titles to worry about. In any case, a pleasure to meet you. Here," he said as he jotted down some words upon a piece of paper before handing it to the High Commissioner, "these are contact details for Governor Faust of the Imperial Bank of Rokkenjima who will be able to facilitate the transaction you're seeking to make. If you've an extra day or two in Pyrettania she'll be in her office tomorrow, I'll put in a word that you'll be stopping by to conduct some business. If there's anything else I may do to be of assistance please do let me know."

Beatrice Anselmo