Author Topic: Mktvartvelo: Blood, Soul, and Power  (Read 814 times)

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
Mktvartvelo: Blood, Soul, and Power
« on: January 23, 2024, 12:37:43 PM »

Holy College of Martvilisi, Unitary State of Mktvartvelo

"This hall was built and inaugurated in the year 2669, Your Supreme Highness", Chancellor Anachadze explained. "Primarily to satisfy the needs of an increase of student those years. However, with the construction of a second building in the following years, the lecture rooms are mostly used by conferences, cultural events, and courses by visiting professors. And of course, as a place for administrative meetings, and a few personal rooms for some professors, including myself, of course".

"I understand", Sinatdedopali Tsiuri replied. "The style is a bit minimalist but it looks professional and comfortable".

"Indeed", the Chancellor said. "I believe my predecessors opted for a practical and relatively affordable project".

The Sinatdedopali nodded. "Let me introduce you some more of our professors and scholars", the Chancellor added as they approached to the conference halls, where nearby the door a number of professors were standing in line along the walls close to the entry. She could easily one face, even if it had passed so many years.

"Nice to see you again...Your Supreme Highness",  Professor Aka Salukvadze said.

"You haven't changed much", the Sinatdedopali replied with a smile. "I'm glad to see you here", she added.

Once the salutations and introductions were made, the Chancellor indicated them it was time to enter. As the room was filling, they had still a few minutes left before the start of the ceremony.

"Are these your students?", the Sinatdedopali asked Professor Salukvadze, as they were waiting on the platfrom, behind the curtains, where some appetizers had been prepared.

"Indeed", Aka answered, "some of them are, Your Supreme Highness".

"Oh, come on", the Sinatdedopali cheerfully replied, "such formalities are not required. After all, didn't you drink my blood and didn't I drink your blood?", she asked, not completely with some joyful snide.

"That's right...", Aka replied. "It was, obviously, a long time ago".

"Yes, we were so young", the Sinatdedopali looked back, pensively. "I can remember your face of disgust, after that last sip".

"That's not right!", a surprised but amused Aka replied.

"Maybe so", the Sinatdedopali said with a joyful and calm smile. "But even if that was not the case, I prefer to remember it in that way".

"I was concerned, even if confident, when I read about your situation", the Sinatdedopali added with a more serious voice and intonation. "I'm glad everything ended positively".

"So I am myself", Aka replied with slightly uncomfortable smile. "While I was offered positions in larger universities, I quite enjoy my time here. It is the right atmosphere".

"What are you working now?", the Sinatdedopali inquiried.

"Something calmer and less ambitious, I guess", Aka answered, "a work on the Mitsvalebulta Hymns and adivination. Along some more personal and banal projects".

"I see", the Sinatdedopali. "Have you heard about the situation in Chrdilo-Dasavlet?", she asked.

"I did", Aka replied. "Although I did not visit the shrine, personally. Even if I had the chance, some time ago. Before I had noticed of this...situation. But I had two students who visited it. Not that she said or described anything which may surprise me".

"I was curious", the Sinatdedopali explained, "because, if I am not wrong, you studied together".

"Yes...", Aka replied. "It was a long time ago and we were just teenagers, of course. But this sudden interest, this sudden fame, caught me by surprise I must say. Even then, Sopho gained a reputation for her talent and sophistication. But I still remember that we felt that such erudition was fated to be moved toward being a magistrate or toward...a more honorary position".

"I can see what you mean", her old friend replied. "Anyway", she continued, "so are you happy here?".

"Certainly", Aka answered. "It is, of course, a different kind of happiness that the one I once enjoyed".

"I can imagine", the Sinatdedopali replied with a smile, "or rather, I can only imagine. I heard you had a kid".

"Indeed", Aka replied.

"I wouldn't mind to meet her, one day", the Sinatdedopali replied with a friendly smile.

"It will be a honour and a pleasure, surely", Aka simply and cheerfully replied.

The conversation was suddenly postponed, as the Chancellor started her intervention after turning the microphone on.

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Mktvartvelo: Blood, Soul, and Power
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2024, 01:11:15 AM »

NSK Techologies headquarters, Azavrelia, Unitary State of Mktvartvelo

"Welcome, Major", Levan said, as Major Zurab Jashushia finally arrived.

"I hope you did not wait a long time", Jashushia replied. "I had an important meeting in the ministry and the traffic did not help".

"Don't worry, Major", Levan said with a smile. "We are ready, however, as everyone else just arrived. We can start as soon as you are prepared".

"Let's proceed then", Jashushia added. The introductions and salutations followed, although Zurab had already met most of the people in the hall before. These included Gela Balanchivadze, CEO of NSK Techologies, as well as several other employees of the company, Vazha Kechakmadze as representative of Gigantebi Investment, one of the main investors in NSK, and Otar Giekeli, head of the Information Department in the firm.

"Welcome everyone", Giakeli announced. "I'm glad to see you, Major. We are convinced that our team not only did their best to build a great technological feat in the field of security software, but contribute our best effort for the future of our nation and society as a whole".  He then signaled his assistant to start the presentation. The large screen in the room was turned on and a video started, with the title of "Gveli: A Security Shield". As the three-minute video finished, Giakeli announced: "And now, allowed me to introduce one of the talented engineers of the team that allowed this project to become a reality, Zviad Tsintsadze. A timid applause followed, as Tsintsadze approached the place where Giakeli was standing.

"Thank you, Mr. Giakeli, for such kind words", Zviad declared. "I talk in name of all the team for the gratitude toward all the means which had allowed to develop this project as well as our conviction about the prospects of success of what we have named as Gveli technology". As he spoke, he activated a control which showed a slideshow. "While I know there a number of people with advanced knowledge of the field", he added with a smile, "we tried our best that this presentation will not be too technical".

"I am glad that's going to be the case", Gela Balanchivadze joked, despite his background in several start-up companies in the technological sector.

"For a long team our team worked for a project aimed to build the most advanced spyware technology ever produced by NSK and", Zviad Tsintsadze continued, "with all modesty, in our nation and even beyond. We baptised it, as some people say, as "Project Gveli". It was an ambitious and difficult task, but our large team worked relentlessly, with all our means and knowledge to our reach to achieve that goal. The result is what I describe as Gveli 1.0, a security software which can be installed on devices running of the most common and advanced mobile operating systems, both in the national and international market, as well as a variety of similar technological devices".

"Gveli 1.0 is modeled to, instead than being a specific exploit, be able to use a suite of exploits that uses many vulnerabilities in the system in question", Zviad continued as the slideshow advanced. "Infection vectors used include clicking links, photography and music apps, as well as message technology. Some of these exploits are designed to be zero-click, so they can run without any interaction from the victim, or I'd prefer to say, the prey. Once installed, it is able to run arbitrary code, extract contacts, call logs, web browsing history, setting, messages, photography and any kind of multimedia files, as well as gather information from a large number of adds, particularly communication apps such as e-mail, messaging, and social media software, but not limited to them of course. This will help our technology to be given access to a large number of information very quickly without the aim knowing or even suspecting it".

"It is designed to have three modules of attack", he continued. "We designed it to be able to hide itself as far as it is possible and it will self-destruct in an attempt to eliminate evidence if unable to communicate with the command-and-control server after a certain number of days, or if it ended on the wrong device. It will be also able to self-destruct on command. When it is not possible to compromise a target device by simpler means, it is able to be installed through a nearby target device, or by gaining physical access to the device".

"While we do not intend to bore you with unnecessary and technical details", Zviad added, "some of the main methods and vulnerabilities include: the ability to be installed onto a target's phone by calling the phone, being able to be installed even if the call was not answered; network-based attacks and zero-click exploits, being able to break into target phones without requiring user interaction and without leaving detectable traces; a design aimed to exploit kernel and memory corruption to gain access to the device and install surveillance software; as well as security exploits able to compromise software safeguards used in most current devices. Just to mention some, of course. It has also being designed to be able to remain undetected against internet scanning".

"Our team is currently working for a updated Gveli 1.1 version, able to add exploits even better equipped toward some of the newest devices in the market", Zviad finished. "I am certain that there may be a number of legal and operational barriers, as it is expected in such situations, of course, but we did our best to build the best technology of its kind and I am confident we achieved that task. It is a technology which has certainly the potential to strengthen the national security of the state in our nation, and it will soon gain the interests of possible clients abroad".

"I have no doubts that will be the case", Otar Giekeli added, as the slideshow finished and an applause followed.

"Without a doubt", Major Zurab Jashushia said, "it is a technology with many uses and it may attract interests sooner than later. If you any reasonable guess, when do you think you will be able to add thos exploits to the last technology of the day?".

"Oh", Zviad confidently replied with a wide smile, "I do not think it is going to take us very long".

"I will inform immediately the Ministry", Major Jashuashia told Gela Balanchivadze as they were leaving the room. "I am hopeful that you will have an answer soon and we can increase of common efforts toward this endeavour".

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2024, 03:06:51 PM »
Nateli Baghi, Unitary State of Mktvartvelo

"He has arrived", Lasha Varlamishvili said, as he saw a man crossing the door into the exclusive hall.

"Excuse me if I made you wait more than the necessary", Mukhran Khandztadze said as he reached their table.

"Not at all", Assem Dilrabat replied. "We understand you are a busy man, even more these days". Khandztadze had gained a reputation of being quite close to the Prime Minister, despite his only official role these days was being an advisor to the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister for State Security.

"I shall congratulate you for your appointment in the Commission on Foreign Affairs and Trade", Mukhran said. "It is not bad for a first timer. However, given the circumstances, I feel you are going to be very busy", he said with an amused tone, quite unusual coming from him.

"Thank you", Assem replied. "Indeed, indeed. I will do my best. This came maybe too soon. But we will find a calmer time in a matter of days".

"The situation is going to have a negative impact on some our plans",  Lasha added. "It was not well received in some of our close associates in Tikhis Samezoblo".

"It is expected", Mukhran replied. "It is not a coincidence that Shengelaia and the Gunia Holding were targeted, despite the Shengelaia Fund is known for not being directly involved in active business and trade activities abroad. It seems they have better information about our nation that we expected. Fortunately, it will play at our favour that they showed their intentions so clearly at the beginning".

"So such sudden reaction, all those absurd tirades are just a cynical play?", Assem asked.

"A reaction was expected", Mukhran answered, "but that it went out of proportion at this time, it showed  that the origin was not in this case in particular, but it was caused in some more distant shores. It is an unpleasant affair, that the Prime Minister understands that it needs to play out in a long distance, without precipitation, and this will be understood in Tikhis Samezoblo as well. In any case, let's discuss more important affairs".

"Of course", Lasha replied. "I have already an investor ready, maybe too. Ormkhrivoba wanted for long to leave down some weight, given that Bolo Saati and Abakha Dghes have struggled to stop their financial bleeding for a time. They are willing to retain their influence under a new business leadership. The project satisfies them, even more when state lotteries contract needs to be renewed in the coming months. If negotiations with Eko were successful, that would mean surpass the one million readership, and that is before expanding nationwide".

"That may be the case", Mukhran said, "but the costs would increase exponentially too. Paper is not bad, but the Prime Minister is concerned more about the television. It is there where we are in a worse position".

"They seem to insist to keep both investments separate, radiotelevision and written media", Lasha replied. "Ultimately, anyway, we have the winning hand. They are willing to change their tune at least, which should be good enough. And well, Gamdzleoba keeps growing".

"It is our concern from where is really growing", Assem added. "As Levan [Mikaberidze] says", Iashvili is an old shark, and he aims in four direction even when he is marching the direction you chose".

"Yes, I am aware of his reputation and I always disliked these debates. However, we should be glad if he has the will to be useful. The extra resources will be always there", Mukhran replied. "But we need to use them only as last resource. It is going to be better to have someone independent who is willing to march at the pace and direction that the nation needs. That way, we will force to fight this battle in the name of freedom of information, after tall".

"I'll try my best", Lasha added, "but it will still take some time. We need to avoid any mistakes and the insurers do not enjoy any information being leaked".

"There is no need to that be the case", Mukhran said. "At least I hope they will be changing their tune before all is ready and done. And now, with your permission, I need something to drink after such a long day".

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2024, 10:41:18 AM »
Shoreuli Sakhli Palace, Ktsatskuri

"Your Most High Majesty", Eka Chkhartishvili said as she encountered the Brzdmtsveli in the wide gardens of the palace.

"Eka!", Ketevan exclaimed. "I'm glad to finally see you face to face once again".

"It is always a pleasure", Eka replied. "I had never imagined I'd walk through these garden in such circumstances".

"Neither I did!", Ketevan replied. "Would you like to have anything?", she asked.

"No, thank you", Eka answered. "I come from a business lunch, and I had enough".

"Yes, I imagine you have been busy lately", Ketevan replied.

"Indeed, indeed", Eka replied with a smile. "This whole situation has postponed some of our plans. I hope that, fortunately, it is only an isolated incident".

"It is likely the third time I was most solicited since I move here", Ketevan replied. "As the other times, it was difficult to say where their intentions and hopes were really at".

"Yes, of course", Eka said. "One should judge advice as much as actions. No, I do no think it is wise for you to be involved, even less in this context. Everything is uncertain, and once you do a move, it will be difficult to go back. No, it is better to take a distance".

"I feel that is sincere because that is something you seemed good at", Ketevan replied with a wry expression.

"Maybe", Eka replied with a smile. "I heard your daughters were in Azavrelia".

"Indeed", Ketevan replied. "I'm not glad about it, but I felt they would have a calm that they will not have here, even when they are really left out of all the daily business. And it will be a great chance for them, after all".

"Certainly", Eka replied, "they couldn't complain of the chance you have given then. I heard that Marlena is in charge of the school now. How times passes!".

"Indeed", Ketevan said with a smile, as she looked back in her mind to some decades back. She had just joined as a teacher in my last year there. Even so, she was still something different to the other teachers".

"I imagine it would have been much more amusing to meet her when she was barely experienced, indeed", Eka replied. "Anyway, you can't complain. My father would could only dream about us being there without paying a penny!".

"Come on! It was your mother who paid it", Ketevan replied.

"Indeed, indeed", Eka replied. "But he always took seriously his role".

"As it should be", Ketevan quickly replied. "How is he nowadays?".

"He is fine of course", Eka answered. "He is, of course, a bit spiritless since he retired. I feel he got used to that frenzied lifestyle. But he's healthy enough and it's only a matter of time he gets used to it".

"Glad to hear", Ketevan replied. "Let's continue inside", she added. "I always feel the urge of a tea at this time of the day".

"Excellent", Eka added, nodding and following the Brzdmtsveli.

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2024, 09:07:37 PM »

Okros Baghebi Villa, Ktsatskuri

Orivegza Mgaloblishvili arrived to the mountainous style palace. A young woman welcomed him. "Good afternoon, Your Excellency. Madame is awaiting in the Autumn greenhouse. If you don't mind, I will take you there".

"Sure", Orivegza replied. He silently observed the gardens, the architecture of the place, including the solitary tower, as they walked through the stone pavement which led there.

When they arrived, the doors of the Autumn greenhouse were open. Inside, there were stone columns and walls, inside the glass structure, with a large number of flowers and small plants. Finally, they arrived at the center, where there was a wide space, in a circle. There, sat down in a comfortable chair along a metallic table was the host, Ketilshobili Shengelaia, considered the matriarch of the Ertviani clan.

How are you, spokesman?", Shengelaia welcomed him. "I hope you don't mind to receive you here. However, I find this place very comfy, particularly in sunny days at this time of the year, even more than my best hall inside. If one doesn't mind the humidity, of course".

"No, it's fine", Orivegza replied.

"Excellent!", Shengelaia said. "Would you like to drink anything? Maybe a hot and sweet tea? Those are at least my favourite at this hour. Sopho, why wouldn't you bring a selection from this home?".

"Yes, thank you", Orivegza replied. The young woman left, leaving them alone.

"It was pleased when I heard the news about your election", Shengelaia said. "It was disappointed that it didn't result in a real understanding and a better outcome, of course".

"It was not easy", Orivegza replied. "We were willing to make a compromise but the offer of the Conservative Party was not simply realistic. At the end, it came too early. Once it was too late for an agreement for the presidency, we were in a dead end".

"You seem to have a longer path in mind", Shengelaia added. "I was never, of course, interested in politics. It is not clearly my field. However, such failure, or if you prefer, lack of initiative, is already having an effect on all of us".

"It is complicated to reach an agreement against the clock when they, as we can see now", Orivegza continued, "were still doubting as they were pondering what they can obtain in both direction. I was also, of course, under pressure by my own side. It was a new scenario for all of us and therefore it was difficult to predict. I am confident that things will move to our direction, and we will move so the damage can be reduced in the meantime".

"I'm afraid it already started", Shengelaia said with a bitter smile as they were served their team. "I am having the black with berries today", she demanded.

"I will follow then", Orivegza said.

"Still, I found as amusing as offensive that the Rokkenjimans thought they could find my in the ranks of the government than being declared their official enemy", Shengelaia added. "I sm not so confident as yourself. Many share the concern that this could easily spread too quickly and dissolve everything we have build and connect through so many years. But I have to trust your initiative. I am not planning, of course, to be involved personally, that has never been our style, but I can recognize which card we have left".

"I'm glad and honoured to hear that", Orivegza replied. "I did not, of course, expect otherwise. It is better to keep a distance, but it will be helpful that it will be an understanding on what really matters".

"I am hopeful that is the case", Shengelaia said. "Let's hope we are not all wrong".