Author Topic: Spice Harvest in Exile  (Read 10557 times)

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
Spice Harvest in Exile
« on: October 21, 2018, 10:06:53 PM »
OOC- Thanks to Nord for the use of a UC town.

Tavanagh Estate had been purchased by the first Corrino into Ui Cenneslaig, the vast funds they'd brought with them from Kaitaine. It had helped the Corrino's embed themselves in the upper echelons of Cenneg society and build themselves a rather useful nest egg while in exile. The children of the Corrino family had been indoctrinated just as you'd have expected from the family that carried great pressure to produce the Kwizach Hadrach but they'd also wanted for nothing growing up first in the countryside and then at age 11 heading into Claith, the girls often heading through Chapterhouse while the boys had attended prestigious boarding schools. They'd hidden themselves well and even become friendly with the Cenneg royal family, all the time keeping their own faith suppressed. Now though they had the freedom to do what they wanted religiously and that was a great relief to Duke Niklaus Corrino.

It was custom every year until the Corrino's had fled Seitch that after the spice harvest the Corrino's had invited everyone of note to the Red Palace on the edge of the desert to enjoy the blessing of the harvest of the deep dark red spice for the year ahead, and of course to use up the last of the year befores. This was the first year in exile though that they could celebrate but even that had been an effort. In the spice tanks of Seitch, now freed from Communist rule, the handful of people in the city that was now named as the capital of the Theocracy of Kaitaine had been hard at work. They'd first removed the giant wooden stoppers that sat at the bottom of the spice tanks, wave after wave of sand slipped through being caught in large seives, the Truthsayers under the guidance of the Missionara sifted the sand and found both the sandworms and their newly shedded skins, the sand was captured in a bottom tank and more workers instantly began using it to refill the now empty tank. The worms where checked, the dead ones discarded while those who still looked healthy were added back to the refilling upper tank. The discarded sandworm shells where then taken away in baskets and ground into a fine red powder. For the first time in over a century the millstones worked day and night producing the rich red dust known as Melange, many of the younger Bene Gesserit had never consumed it and now gathered for their first taste. Some fell into a trance, visions of giant sandworms, great monsterious Gods and monsters dancing through their vision while others just enjoyed the taste despite no two girls agreeing as to what it actually was.

The day after Kristen Steakes had lead a convoy of thirty Truthsayers across the desert, each carrying a backpack full of the fine red powder in addition to their usual light battle load. 150kg of the precious spice marched to the border with Rodinha where it was handed over to the Sisterhoods supply chain there and flown out first to Paracambi and then to Ui Cenneslaig. As the packages, marked as cinnamon, where handed over to the Duke he felt a few tears trickle down his face as he was happy that his faith had their sacred power back.

AN INVITATION TO BLESS THE SPICE

On behalf of the Bene Gesserit faith it is my honour to announce a successful harvest of the Spice Melange. This sacred spice is central to our faiths rituals and culture, we therefore see this as cause for a great celebration. Back home in the Theocracy of Kaitaine we would hold a great feast in the Red Palace that sits on the edge of the desert of Seitch, however this is not possible as the capital of the Theocracy is currently a target of ursurpers from the Soviets. As such we are this year moving the celebration to my family estate in Tavanagh, Ui Cenneslaig. All are invited to come and attend, something that may provide many with an oppurtunity to meet the Head of State in Exile, Reverned Mother Erin McGregor.

We look forward to meeting you all.

Signed

Duke Niklaus Corrino

The day had come Duke Niklaus and the Corrino family stood waiting to greet their guests, as had been arranged the three other Holy houses had arrived first and now each had a representative stood with Niklaus, it was deemed to be neccessary so that no family were seen above the others. Verspasian Atredies had flown in from Achkaerin the evening before, he'd headed over and enjoyed a drink or two with Niklaus and was rather looking forward to the festivities, he was a young man who always seemed so somber and reserved but when he let himself go he properly let himself go. Next there was Jonathon Harkonnen the youngest of the three Harkonnen boys. He was a keen sportsman and could have represented Scordisci, the Harkonnen adopted home at the Mundus Games had it not been for his hips being problematic. Lydia Fremen made up the last of the Holy House representatives. She looked smart in her khaki Truthsayer dress uniform, the Jeboah proudly displayed on her cap badge. She would have liked to have been in Seitch with her fellow Sisters but she'd been denied the chance and so was stuck on diplomatic duty. The four chatted as they waited for the first guests to arrive.

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: Spice Harvest in Exile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 02:39:44 PM »
To:- Duke Niklaus Corrino

It is strange to think that both our people are desert folk yet and our cultures differ so greatly. I would very much have liked to attend your celebration and witness your unique culture. I have read about it from a far these last few months, however with my name being at the top of a Maori arrest warrant and having recently heard of the horrific execution of one of my citizens the visit to a CNN nation is impossible for me. I do however wish to mark the occasion of another cultures great news and therefore I shall be sending my lead adviser Consul Karpos Simonides.

I look forward to his report.

Many blessings

King Akakois III

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 08:03:51 PM »
Musaevna Kadyrov wasn't pleased at all about going to the Spice Harvest. She had little interest in other people's religious festivities. If she wanted to explore other religions she had plenty in the federated kingdom of Akkar (one of the kingdoms of Tamora) and didn't need to take the trip to UC. It was one thing to attend lectures where you talk about your religion, and a whole different thing to go to a festival of another religion. However, since Alya, the First Wife of the Emperor, called her and asked her to go, she couldn't refuse. There was a time when she could just ignore Tamora's Foreign Office but now, when her own friend was Head of Foreign Affairs that was no longer an option. And after all, Alya was the only attending guest at her recent religious ceremony in which Musaevna's husband pledged to become monogamous. For an orthodox Manist like Alya that was must not have been easy considering the stigma such a religious ceremony bears among non liberal Manists, let alone orthodox ones.

Still she could see no reason for attending this event, Musaevna was well connected to the Tamoran Intelligence Service to suspect that the government was close to declaring the BG a terrorist organization. So it made little sense for Alya to ask her to attend. However, things were changing so fast lately that she didn't put much thought into it. This year has seen Tamora sanctioned by many Mundus countries and then affected by the world wide panic created by the Borlanders attacks. Tamora responded by attempting to spread its influence  abroad, something  Musaevna and the rest of the corporate nobles (large businesses) were advocating for a long time. Who knows what threats faced the Empire that she didn't know about.

So there she was, close to the massive Tavanagh Estate. The style wasn't particularly to her taste, as she found it alien and unTamoran but she had to admit it was impressive.  Accompanying her was Zara, her personal assistant, and two bodyguards. As a Tamoran, especially one of her status, security was a major concern when travelling aboard. Mundus was full of racists and other troubled individuals so she never traveled aboard without security.  Zara, her personal assistant, was born a slave, trained and educated for her future role and freed after becoming a mother. Her child would only be freed after she finished a successful service to Musaevna. It was common among nobility and the rich of Tamora to have such arrangements as it ensured the loyalty and diligence of those they relied upon. Zara did her best to provide Musaevna with relevant (public) information on the four houses of BG and their customs so as to not accidently offend the BG. 

And so the Tamoran delegation entered the building. Zara discreetly informed Musaevna who each of the four leaders were. Musaevna went by the Tamoran custom and made sure to first salute the men and then Lydia. She did so as discrete as possible without trying to offend Lydia. She couldn't help but notice just how young were the Harkonnen and Fremen nobles. After saluting all four individually, she presented herself and then addressed them all when saying:

"Your Graces, I would like to thank you for the invitation on behalf of the Kadyrov family . Unfortunately, my husband couldn't not attend but I look forward to seeing the celebrations. I have not attended such an event before and to my knowledge neither did any of my compatriots." She tend turned towards Verspasian and said "I have been honored to have met Her Grace, the Duchess of Atreides, at the Chapterhouse lectures. She is an inspiring individual." she then quickly turned to Corrino, who also attended the Chapterhouse lectures though never been formally introduced and added "the Bene Gesserit focus on education was evident at the graduation of the girls. It was a pleasure to engage the students and answer their questions." 

Musaevna stopped not waiting to monopolize the discussion, allow the nobles to reply and also give them space. Despite her huge wealth and influence in Tamora, she and her family were not of noble birth , bared no titles and as such she made sure to offer the proper respect expected to nobles, even if they were in exile as her hosts were. As was custom in Tamora, Musaevna did not introduce her personal assistant to the nobles since she was of too low status. Zara for her part did her best to go unnoticed as to avoid an embarrassing situation were one of the BG nobles would address her and thus break Tamoran protocol.

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 09:08:15 PM »
Consul Karpos Simonides got very few international outings, his role was primarily to offer sage advice to his King and to stand in for him at official functions. On paper he was the voice of the people but in truth no Consul ever made it into power without the King actually liking him. Karpos had been Consul now for five years and rather enjoyed the glamour of the role but was surprised to be given this task.

He'd arrived the day before and enjoyed a rather fine meal in Claith while doing his best to read up on the Bene Gesserit, they were rather new to him and like many people he was going to have to become familiar pretty soon. As his car pulled up he was pleased to see Musaevna Kadyrov, she at least was a face he recognised. He made his way over to the hosts, "Duke Niklaus thank you for extending your hospitality to us" he extended a hand with a little bow, "I hope that we can learn much about you and your people" he added. "My King wished he could attend but well the current global situation being what it is" He reached into his pocket and produced a small silver box about the size of a matchbox. "He does however believe a man such as yourself should have his spice in a fitting box, therefore he hopes you like the Seleucid craftsmanship" he handed it over. "I hope we can speak later with your Reverned Mother." he added before moving on and approaching Musaevna, "Good evening" the Consul said as he approached the Tamoran. "Nice to see the most fashionable crowd in attendance. Consul Karpos" he extended a gentle hand.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 03:22:44 PM »
Aside for accompanying King Lapu in a diplomatic meeting in Miteravia, which ended with the king passing out drunk, Minister of Foreign Affairs Sofia Aliena has never done any other delegation in another nation. This will be the first time that she will travel alone to an event in another nation, which is thankfully in neighboring UC. King Lapu was supposed to go, but was too busy getting drunk or approving of new laws passed by one of the Ministers.

Sofia arrived in Claith the night before the event, booking a fairly expensive hotel, researching on the history of the religious group as a refresher the whole night. The next day, she traveled to the Estate, right on time. She looked around and saw Kadyrov, someone who may be a possible help in terms of space-related projects, not that it's something Sofia is interested in any way, but it is something that the King may ask about. Another Aranyen that she saw was the Seleucidian, whom she gave a glare, as her opinion contrasts that of the King. Sofia then greeted the hosts. "Greetings, Duke Niklaus. We thank you for inviting us. As you may know, the King has finally recognized the Bene Gesserits as an official religion. This would make Quintelia as a safe heaven in case of things getting worse, which we all hope won't happen in the near future. Unfortunately, the beloved King won't be able to join us today as he is busy on is work." Sofia said in a prepared voice, seemingly memorized.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 07:13:00 PM »
As Consul Karpos Simonides greeted the hosts, Zara quickly and discreetly informed Musaevna who Karpos was. "Finally, some good news" said Musaevna, in low voice, towards Zara. The Seleucid were always a pleasant sight for Tamorans, most other nations were always either hostile or trying to trick Tamorans. She still remembered the unpleasant KISS meeting she had inNya Aland and the tricks Morelanders tried to play. 

"Good evening, Consul Karpos. Pleased to meet you." She said in the Seleucid language smiling. Seleucid was the most popular language to be taught in Tamora since it was both a regional language and one that was convenient to learn considering the close relation between the two countries. "I am happy the Royal Seleucid are attending the event. I always say charm and grace are guaranteed to be present at any event that Seleucid take part in. "

"I couldn't help overhearing what you said to our hosts. Indeed this are troubled times, almost chaotic I would say. The "incident" with the Iwi deeply troubled us Tamorans and we resonated fully with His Majesty Akakios' message. How is the Royal these days?"

As she was talking to the Seleucid consul she notice a new guest arriving. Zara again did her job and discreetly informed her who Sofia was. Musaevna had been informed by the Imperial government that her husband's company will be providing assistance to Quintelia so she made eye contact with Sofia giving her the chance to approach the group should she choose to do so.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 10:08:16 PM »
Niklaus presented each of the guests with a traditional gift for the occasion, a small leather pouch which contained a few pinches of the spice which in previous years would have filled the pouch fit to burst but having heard of the trek the Truthsayers had undertaken to bring just the few bits over it had been rationed out. "If you wouldn't mind not consuming the spice until the ceremony we'll have at midnight it would be greatly appreciated." He added as each wandered off to the inner parts of the estate where groups of Bene Gesserit Sisters, their families and the well connected mingled and enjoyed fine foods being served by girls who were students at the Claith Chapterhouse, each dressed in their own versions of the graduate uniforms.

Niklaus greeted the latest arrival from Quinetelia.  "Foreign Minister" Niklaus was pleased to see someone from so close accept their invitation. "Please accept this gift" he once more handed over a pouch and asked her to wait for midnight before sampling what was inside. "I hope you have a pleasant evening" the Duke stepped aside allowing the Minister to enter the party proper. Niklaus and Verspasian gave each other knowing looks and the younger noble followed the Foreign Minister inside, "Miss Aliena" Verspasian called her as he approached quickly, "I'm Verspasian Atreides, son of Duke Oswald Atreides." he extended a hand. "I'd like to thank you again for coming. It means a great deal to our faith to have people such as yourself come and visit. It shows not the whole world has made its mind up about us without actually meeting us." He picked two glasses of a dark red fizzing liquid up off a tray as it passed and handed one to his guest. "It's supposed to be Spice Wine, using up the last of the previous Spice Harvest." he took a swig and smiled, the cinnamon taste sweet on his tongue. "However this contains none of the spice, just we've learnt to replicate the flavour, but now the spice is flowing again who knows. Perhaps when you come next year we'll have the real thing." he approached a group of women speaking, "Minister Aliena may I present my wife Abigail.

A woman with a black hood rimmed in white turned at the mention of her name. She was wearing the dark robes of the Mother's, the Priesthood of the Bene Besserit faith, the white rim showing she was no longer an active Mother but had passed the training. "Nice to meet you" she extended her own hand. "Welcome to our festival, I don't know how much my husbands told you but any questions I'd be happy to answer. May I ask how the people of Quintelia are taking the emergence of our faith?"

Meanwhile across the hall Niklaus had seen the Seleucid and Tamorans gravitate towards each other, that probably wasn't a surprise. As the Consul of Seleucid and Musaevna stood talking a tall slim young woman approached, she was wearing the bright blue tunic and trousers of the Missionara Protectiva and the shiny gold buttons looked brand new indicating she was a recent graduate. "Lady Musaevna" the young girl addressed her, "I'm Alisha and I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your lecture. I don't suppose I could ask a small inconveniance could I" she rummaged in her tunic pocket and produced a very neatly folded piece of paper. Carefully she opened it out revealing the timetable from the Chapterhouse lectures. "Could I ask you to sign this." she hopefully removed a pen from her upper arm pocket and offering it suggestively.

She then noticed the Consul, she'd been so single minded in speaking with Musaevna she'd not noticed the Consul. "Oh, I'm sorry your Excellency" she gave a small nod of the head in respect. "I apologise for interupting, its just I was fortunate enough to hear Lady Musaevna speak at our graduation celebration and I like keeping souverniors of my studies. I've just graduated as a Missionara Protectiva and heading off to Claith University next week, I'm one of the girls being sent to gain more knowledge."

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 05:07:14 PM »
Musaevna was surprised to see Alisha here. She remembered her all too well from the Chapterhouse lectures and she didn't expect to see her again. She felt a little humbled that Alisha asked for her signature:

"Hello, Alisha! What a pleasant surprise. Of course I'll sign it" she then took the pen offered by Alisha and signed the timetable.

" I am pleased to hear you enjoyed my lecture, we never got a chance to talk afterwards. I was pleased to see you engage. Should you ever want to get some practice on your religious studies you can always visit me in Tamora. I can show what a truly religious society looks like live, not just from the books or studies. You'll be my guest." as she said that she put her right hand over her heart and bowed. Almost immediately, Zara handed Alisha a business card with Musaevna's contact details.

After Alisha noticed the Seleucid consul  addressed him, she added:

"Alisha here is a bright young woman, she reminds me of my eldest daughter. " she said addressing the consul. "What will you be studying at the university or, as some foreigners call it,  academic major?"

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Seaforth
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 06:24:22 PM »

Alys Arsenault, Grand Duchess of Marseille was pushing herself. On the inside, her heart sang with joy. She could feel the vibrations from her fingertips to her toes. She had never witnessed a ceremony like this before. On the outside, the mask of a Marseille noble was fixed firmly in place, for what would the Grand Duchess care of the Spice Harvest? No, she must act as if she was an exiled former leader at a religious ceremony from the exiled Theocracy of Kaitaine. It was a chance to rub elbows with the middle powers of Mundus...The Tamorans, The Seleucids and such. She could never show how much this day actually meant to her.

Alys breathed out slowly to calm herself and made her way to the reception line. Bowing in the Marseille fashion, she presented herself to Duke Corrino and the other representatives of the Holy Houses.

"Duke Corrino, a pleasure to meet you."

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 10:34:38 PM »
Heinrich Wingert had gone for something a tad old fashioned. The Pin stripe suit and carefully combed back hair was adorned by his timid secretary following aside him. As CEO of Wingert Corp he had more than religious interest in building ties with Corino. He had been informed that this spice was causing issues for people with shellfish allergies, but that was probably all the hallucinogenic properties Heinrich believed in.

Tamorans, Seleucid, Bene Gesserit. this was a Lions Den, and Heinrich was making a mental note to prove his Claws where as sharp as theirs.

Bowing to Corino first:

"Duke Corino, thank you for having us."

he then offered to kiss the back of the duchess hand:

"Your Highness"

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2018, 05:39:58 PM »
"Thank you" aAlisha said as she took back the pen and signed paper. "I'm going to be attending Cliath University to study Biomedical Engineering. Its my hope that it'll help us be able to understand more about how we can improve the process of creating the Kwizach Hadrach." She said it proudly, the faithful knew that it was important to bring about this birth and if there was new science or technology that could support that aim then they'd be investigated and Alisha was proud she'd been selected to help. She'd also for the first time in her life mix on a daily basis with those not of her faith, and that was a little nerve wracking but in her eyes was just another barrier to be overcome.

As Alys entered there were a few raised eyebrows, they hadn't expected some exiled noble but on the other hand here was a room that were technically exiled nobles. Duke Niklaus himself still used the title Duke of Seitch having never actually set foot in the city. Only one Corrino had in over 100 years and that was his younger brother Nathanial who was there fighting alongside the Truthsayers. "Duchess" Niklaus welcomed her with the gift he'd given everyone else. Achilles Fremen approached. "Would Your Grace care for a drink." He offered a glass of sparkling white wine. "I'm Achilles Fremen, pleased to meet you." he escorted the Duchess into the grand hall of the estate where people were already mingling. A young woman, tall and elegant in the Red Honored Matres uniform.

"Achilles are you going to introduce me?" she asked as she took hold of his free hand.

"Duchess this is Heidi, she's my...erm...she's" For four years they'd hidden their real connection, Achilles studying medicine in East Moreland while Heidi who was less academic was studying a Foundation course in Environmental Science. Now however among people of their own faith their was no shame in it.

"I'm his concubine aren't I" she finished Achilles senteance for him not a hint of embarsment in her voice. She'd been born to a rather impovrished Bene Gesserit family in Ui Cenneslaig and Chapterhouse had given her much more than her family could have hoped for, now she was in the bossom of the Fremen family, one of the four most significant families in their faith. "Lovely to meet you"

As Achilles began introducing Alys to various people Heinrich arrived. The Duke once more shook hands with the man and presented him with the leather pouch. Bryce Harkonnen made his way over. "Mr.Wingert" he extended a hand, "Bryce, I'm the son of Duke Richard Harkonnen, nice to meet you." He wandered off towards the main hall. "I understand you're in the building profession" he reached to his inside pocket. "I represent a law firm here in UC, I hope you'll consider giving us a call should you ever need help with local procedures and the like here." He handed over a business card, "Now is there anyone in particular you'd like to get introduced too while your here or can I tempt you with a glass of champagne" he motioned over towards the table where a young Truthsayer cadet was pouring drinks for people to take.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2018, 07:49:07 PM »
As Musaevna was conversing with the Seleucid consul and Alisha, two more guests arrived. One more interesting than the other. First it was Alys Arsenault, the Grand Duchess. She didn't have a good reputation, at least not with Tamorans. Not only was her faith incompatible with Manism but her excesses with drugs and other substances were something unacceptable for a Tamoran noble. From the little Musaeva heard of her it would seem that her fall had made or maybe forced her to give up some of her vices. She couldn't help but wonder if this is why Alya Safavid had asked her to come here or if the Duchess presence at the event was a mere coincidence. She couldn't risk missing the opportunity and discretely motioned Zara who knew what she had to do. Zara would watch the Grand Duchess and when she would be available, Zara would approach her and invite her to join the discussion with the Seleucid consul. It might seem weird for foreigners but that was the Tamoran protocol: you send your servant to invite someone you don't know and not approach directly. That way if the person refuses it is not seen as something disrespectful to you.

The second person attending was a businessman from Neu Uburzis, or so Zara informed her. Neu Uburzis was a nation Tamorans rarely interacted with despite not being that far off and on the same vast continent. Though Neu Uburzis never formally embargoed Tamora, it didn't have to. Tamorans couldn't do any trade with Neu Uburzis because of their strict environmental laws. From many points of views, the two countries couldn't be further apart, and it wasn't just the approach to slavery.  Where one deeply cared for organic agriculture and products, the other fully embraced GMOs and did its best to be one of the leaders in the field. Yet surprisingly, some particular laws were common in both countries. In Tamora the concept of limited liability for companies never developed and has never been adapted in law. Companies could own assets but shareholders were liable with all their personal assets for anything the company would do, so in practice that meant that Tamoran "companies" were all family owned businesses. Some were huge like Musaeva's but still it was owned wholly by her family. To her knowledge, Neu Uburzis also had no concept of limited liability for companies but also companies couldn't have assets on their own. Whether that was because the concept never developed in their law of because of a backlash against it, Musaevna didn't know. What she did know was that the two counties were both missing things like stock exchanges that were so common in Mundus countries.  Still for all their differences, Tamorans viewed Neu Uburzis with some measure of respect. Just like Tamora, Neu Uburzis stood firm for its principles willing to sacrifice some prosperity for sticking to them. And while Tamorans wanted to keeps the laws of their ancestors, Neu Uburzis seemed to want to live like their ancestors. Musaeva decided that Alya couldn't have asked her to come here to meet Neu Uburzis so she decided not to send Zara to the Neu Uburzis businessman.

Returning her thoughts to Alisha, she found the concept of a savior that people would make or breed something both fascinating and also deeply troubling since it was taking God our of the equation. Since the Bene Gesserit faith was suppressed  in their own native lands she couldn't blame them for wanting to create a savior. It gave them hope she concluded. 

"If I may ask Alisha, how will you know when you have "created" the Kwizach Hadrach? How will you identify him?" discussing religion might not be appropriate for some cultures but for Tamorans it was appropriate no matter the occasion. Avoiding the subject was seen as a sign of not caring and thus was looked upon as suspicios or untrustworthy. So Musaeva approached the subject without any inhibitions.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2018, 08:16:30 PM »
Having Musaevna ask her a question made Alisha's face light up. "Oh well" she began trying to quickly formulate an answer that anyone could understand even if they had no knowledge of the faith. "Well it will be a combination of things.....we think. You see the problem is the universe and everything within it goes through cycles. We believe that God/Gods control this but that for every good their is an equal evil and that the two are in constant flux. Thankfully for humanity good is usually on top of things, but every now and again great catastrophes occur. We believe that around 6billion years ago such a catastrophe occured and evil won, as such it essentially meant God/Gods had to reset the Universe to undo the damage.....I suppose you could say they turned it on and off again. Sadly this lost us our direct connection to God/Gods as well as our true understanding. As such we believe the Missionara is about finding that lost knowledge. One piece of information was that the great evil can be defeated and kept at bay by someone who has some of the characteristics of God/Gods, the Kwizach Hadrach. They will only appear when their is a time of great danger, they shall be signs given to the Reverened Mother that will help identify them and they will be able to use the Spice in the same way that the Mother's can, no man has ever done that." she explained. "There is some debate however about whether the Kwizach Hadrach has ever existed before. As such we have certain.....factions is probably the best word....within the Sisterhood, groups that have made conclusions about certain things. For example when I was about 16 I was a Mahayana Christian Gesserit. This means I had come to the conclusion that Jesus Christ was the Kwizach Hadrach, come to us at a time of great struggle as people had lost the true path, his mission complete he returned to God/Gods, however this was not the first time he had been among us. In the 4-5th Century BC he had been here before as Buddha. We now await his third and final incarnation." She laughed, "Now however I am what we refer to as a Open Gesserit, which means I have no real conclusion I am certain of. Many Bene Gesserit often move between factions as new evidence comes to light and changes our view. Who knows as we begin to learn more about Manism you may one day find a Manist Gesserit faction. Maybe if you offered the Reverned Mother a chance to send some Missionara to learn about your ways she'd say yes?" Alisha suddenly realised she may have overstepped her remit and blushed, "Sorry thats for those with more authority than myself to speak of. I apologise if I've spoken out of turn."

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2018, 09:35:29 AM »
Sofia shook Verspasian's hand as she put the spice pouch in a pocket in her jacket. "I sure hope this would be a nice evening. However, if I may ask, what would we be doing tonight, as this is my first time attending such event?" She asked, before sipping the wine. She always had the same taste in alcoholic beverages as King Lapu. "It's a bit sweeter than what I've been accustomed to in Quintelia, but it's still good and I wouldn't guess that this isn't the real thing." She said, imitating how the King would critique a drink. "Sorry if I ask too many questions, but is it a religious requirement that the seeds are grown in Kaitaine or can they be grown anywhere?" She asked as she continued to sip the wine.

She also shook Abigail's hand before answering her question. "Well, Quintelians are generally open and a person wouldn't be judged because of their religion. When a person would open up to being a Bene Gesserit, a few jokes about it would be thrown around but both would be laughing. As for the King, he was the one that recognized your religion as an official one, which means that any religious structures of yours would be exempt from property taxes. For the tribal leaders, the Catholic Church, and the Muslims, they have expressed concerns that you will be too radical for the nation seeing as you have a paramilitary unit, which are all only in Seitch, right?" She explained, before asking yet again. "Speaking of Seitch, and therefore Kaitaine, how's the situation there so far? The only news source we have in Quintelia would be the Pravada, which we know skews facts." She smiled at her own remark.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 09:46:49 AM by Major Jaws »

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2018, 12:15:49 PM »
Tesan Cikniye eyed the room of gathered dignitaries. He was not impressed with having been 'requested' to attend the event, but Kadassa had made it clear to him that given how close Lakhzovia, and more importantly the regime, had been to destruction that it is vital that the country never be in such a diplomatically isolated position as it had been when the hostilities had commenced.

So here he was, at a heathen religious festival on the other side of the world because the President believed that the event would offer an opportunity to build a new support network of international players, or at the very least to raise Lakhzovia's profile as a nation ready to look outward after so many years of insularity.

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2018, 06:06:41 PM »

Alys accepted the wine and smiled. What a charming little man. The Matres Heidi would be a good match for him and Alys wondered idly if things had gone differently, would she have had as good a pairing?

The three exchanged pleasantries for a few more minutes before moving on. At this point, the woman Zara approached her and allowed herself to be introduced to Musaevna and the Seleucid Councul, bowing in the Marseille fashion.

"Counsul, Ms. Kadyrov. A pleasure to meet you both."

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2018, 09:34:54 PM »
"I like your passion Alisha, I really do. I have to say that I find the idea of a Manist Gesserit intriguing to say the least." She wasn't so sure that the Imams back home would be so intrigued but that was a different story.

"Was that an attempt at proselytizing, Alisha?" She said referring to the Alisha's suggestion about the suggestion to send the Missionara in Tamora.

"I am proud of you, Alisha. Religion is important there's nothing to apologize for.

It was a pleasure seeing you again, Alisha. I have to give Consul Karpos some attention or he'll think I have been ignoring him" she said joking " I do hope we'll talk again sometime." and with that Musaevna shifted her attention to the Seleucid consul. It was just then that the Grand Duchess appeared:

"The pleasure is mine, Your Grace" said Musaevna bowing in respect for the Grand Duchess. Tamorans tended to be formal people and did their best to respect protocol and Musaevna was no exception.

"I am honored you have accepted to join us. I have to say I did not expect to see Your grace at this event. I have to say your recent public appearance in the Free City of Troyes has made headlines all the way to Midaranye. And what a bold message you presented, to reunite your nation under your leadership. I admire boldness but how do you hope to achieve that if you don't mind me asking?". Musaevna had little knowledge of the politics of situation in Marseille but she assumed that the Grand Duchess didn't have much public support or much financial means to undertake such a project. That could be the reason why the Grand Duchess was middling around this event, she thought. 

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2018, 11:39:51 PM »
Abigail smiled at Sofia, "I'm afraid Minister that you're a victim of the misinformation that surrounds our faith thanks to certain parties."You see the spice isn't made from seeds. I hope you've got a strong stomach" she chuckled, "The spice Melange is made from a unique species of worm, its actually more of a centipede I think, you'd be better checking that part with one of the Missionara. The creature is only found in the desert of Kaitaine and every year they grow slightly and shed their hard shell which protects them. In the desert they simply wriggle out the old skin and off they go. However in Seitch they built giant stone tanks, a stopper at the bottom of each. Once a year they knock the stopper out and pass it through a sieve. What they are left with is a pile of sand which is used to refil the stone tank and a sieve full of live creatures and shells. They put the creatures back into the tanks and the shells are then ground up into the red powder you've got in that pouch. Many of the Mothers say that it gives them the ability to speak directly with God/Gods" she went silent for a moment, she herself had graduated as a Mother and had a few experiences of the Spices other ability. "Others say that it allows you to see the future." In her vision induced by the spice she'd seen the Atreides eagle swoop down and grab her, two weeks later she'd been asked to marry Vespasian. "The non-mothers say it just tastes of cinnamon, although some say it changes taste everytime. Perhaps before you leave tonight you can tell me." She thought, "As for where it can be made, well it has to be made in Kaitaine, to our knowledge the Sandworms don't exist anywhere else. The conversation turned to the Truthsayers, a good quarter of the women in the room wore the khaki dress uniform of the paramilitary. "You'll find Truthsayers in the Chapterhouse nations, UC, Scordisci, Cantarbia and Achkaerin, some act as bodyguards for the Four Holy Houses, others live normal lives waiting for the chance to go home but the only place you will find them in combat is our homeland. The city of Seitch is getting back to its feet, life is turning back to normal but it'll take a long time before we can see the whole nation return to the way it should be."  She added almost looking sad knowing that while they enjoyed an evening of ceremony and luxury while the Truthsayers in Seitch would be living on rations.

"Minister Cikniye" Niklaus extended a hand. "Welcome to our Festival. I'm pleased you've choosen to honour us by coming I understand your situation at home is beginning to turn the corner?" Niklaus asked believing that everyone would have arrived by now, he walked into the main hall with Cikniye grabbing a few glasses of the imitation Spice Wine and handing one o his guest. "Not quiet the real thing, we don't have spare spice to make it with these days but we can imitate the taste slightly." He took a sip, "I've had one glass ever....no sorry two" he corrected himself, "Once on my 18th birthday and another on my younger brothers" he wondered what Nathanial would be doing at this point, he'd gone into Kaitaine with the Truthsayers having spent years pretending to be something he wasn't, so far no one outside the sisterhood knew who he was in relation to Niklaus despite his face being all over East Moreland media recently. He took another sip, "Pleasant enough but not the real thing." He savoured the fruity taste with the hint of cinnamon as the sweetness faded.

Alisha was happy with her nights work, she'd speak to the senior Missionara later and see if they'd follow up any of ther ideas. "Thank you Ma'am" she gave a small bow to Musaevna, "We don't really proselytize though." she added, "It's our belief every religion is part of the Bene Gesserit faith, its a search for order in chaos, an answer where none existed, the difference between us and all the other religions though is that ours are not...." she thought for the right word, "fixed" she settled on, "As new knowledge emerges we see how it fits with what faith teaches us. I've taken enough of your time though Ma'am" she bowed once more "Thank you for the autograph and have a pleasant evening" she backed away three steps then turned and disappeared across the hall. 

As the various visitors began mingling there was a Bugle blast and the Bene Gesserit in the room stopped and faced the main door. "Ladies and Gentleman, honoured guests please make way for this years  first spice of the harvest. The officer in charge is Lt. Kirstin Skeates who has accompanied the Spice from Seitch." The door at the far end of the hall opened and in walked four Truthsayers dressed in khaki dress uniform, each carrying a long pike. In the centre of the four was an unarmed Skeates carrying a large wooden chest, a padlock holding it closed. The room began to applaude politely but then the over eager recent graduates couldn't hold it in anymore and began actually cheering, a wave of noise began moving round the hall. "FREE SEITCH! FREE SEITCH!" began echoing off the orantely carved wooden walls the mirrors vibrating from the sound bouncing off them. Skeates blushed as she placed the chest on a table in the centre of the room. The four pike carrying Truthsayers taking up position either side of it. As Skeates saluted the box the room fell silent and waited for her to about turn and march away. the woman who had announced the arrival spoke again. "Please eat, drink, enjoy. In ten minutes the Reverned Mother shall have finished her meditations and will be arriving." without much show the room went back to socialising as Skeates grabbed a glass of water and breathed a sigh of relief that her role was done, for now."

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
  • Selamlar, ich bin ein Türke. Probably.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nichitishi
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2018, 11:08:23 AM »
Grand Preacher Brassicus II was a bit angry that his ride to the festival had been a bit late. As everyone was feasting, he entered the festival hall. "Excuse me , my ride here was a bit... late. Cabbagelandiet doesn't have the best infastructure." Brassicus II said to Niklaus, then finding a seat. He happened to find a seat near Grand Duchess Alys Arselnaut. "Oh Grand Duchess... Alyes Aseylnot was it? I'm not really good at saying foreign names, so excuse me on that ma'am." Brassicus II was quite charmed by the Duchess "Anyways, it's a pleasure to meet you. How is Seaforth? It's a place that I don't really know about."
Cabbagelandiet still lives on thine heart!

The Factbook of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1864.msg16144
The Important People of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1865.msg16145#msg16145

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2018, 01:27:53 PM »
 Consul Karpos Simonides was not as impressed with Alisha as it seemed Musaevna, here was a young girl with no experience of the world outside of the school she'd attended trying to speak with two well connected and important people like some kind of diplomatic equal. As the Missionara left Karpos turned his attention back to Musaevna "Seems you have fans among this new faith" he observed as the Grand Duchess seemed to join them. Here was another failed leader her lack of self discipline and control had seen her nation crumble and now she was screaming for it back like a child who had seen their parents taking away their favourite toy. He was a little taken aback by the Tamoran openess towards her but politeness said he was committed to be nice. "Pleased to meet you" he added his own greeting before just becoming part of the backdrop once again.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2018, 04:29:38 PM »
"Oh I actually wouldn't mind it coming from worms, as I grew up from a province that eats fried crickets. for delicacy." Sofia took another sip of the wine. "Though I asked the question as I thought that Dizon Farms may help your troubles in growing obtaining such an important religious item. Though as how you describe it ma'am, it would seem that transporting of the tanks the worms are in to Quintelia would be near impossible. As for Seitch, all I could legally do is wish you good luck and hand you this cheque from Lapu." Sofia handed the cheque, which can be used to cash out a million dollars, to Abigail. "It's one of the things that I was told to do here, being a government employee and all. I really wish you good luck." She continued, before she was interrupted with the bringing of the spice. As most people she saw started clapping, she joined in the applause and even the chants.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2018, 04:01:04 PM »
OOC- Dave collaboration

Abigail was rather surprised, they didn't expect to be recieving money from anyone. The Bene Gesserit sisterhood was wealthy enough, its major noble houses had seen the impending collapse of their homeland and moved early enough to ensure their considerable wealth went with them. Since then they'd invested well and the Sisterhood had fingers in many financial pies. They'd been able to fund much of the Truthsayer activities out of the donations they recieved from those well connected nobles and the schools themselves managed to do rather well on the charity of the rest of the community. "Please pass on our thanks to His Majesty" Abigail and her husband shook her hand warmly.

Once the spice chest was placed in the centre of the room things returned to normal with people having food and drinks while mingling. Many of the Truthsayers were gathering around Kirstin keen to hear about what was going on in Seitch. Alisha was busy telling the more senior Missionara of her success perhaps with the Tamorans and a buzz of anticipation was beginning to fill the room. It was as though most people knew each other and a friendly atmosphere was building as most couldn't believe what they were about to see. A fanfare of bugles played and the door at the far end swung open. The room fell silent as a woman wearing a long black robe with a large gold chain around her neck entered. Her hood was pulled up, it was green and deep hiding her face. "The Reverned Mother" a few voices whispered around the room.

"WOOO!!" A voice bellowed through the hall, "The Reverned Mother, the main lady" a single set of hands applauded, "Come on folks, its the boss lady, the big cheese, the top dog." It was Alex Redfern the King of East Moreland's brother in law. He walked towards the human corridor that had been made for the Reverned Mother. "This stuff is lovely" he took a glass of wine off a stunned steward, "and I must say Duke Niklaus, what a lovely place you have" he was speaking loudly before draining the wine glass. "Now I'm here to bring a message from the King of East Moreland." he reached into his suit pocket and brought out a piece of paper, "Have you seen this man?" he showed a few people the picture as he approached the Reverned Mother, a pair of Truthsayers stood in front of him blocking his path. "Good evening ladies" Alex said calmly as he once more reached into his pocket. "If you wouldn't mind giving Her Holiness, or Her Evilness, whatever you want to call her this." he handed a creamy enevelope over, "Its an arrest warrant for the man we call James Gillespie. Helus only knows what you guys call him. We want him, he's technically absent without leave and that is not on." Alex shook his head. " I had plans for him, we had a weekend skiing booked and he owes me his depost" Alex was glancing around the room seeing who was present. "Duchess Alys" Alex spotted the former Duchess of Marseille, "Seems you just find yourself attracted to terrorist religions don't you" He asked rhetorically as he turned away from the Reverned Mother. "Anyway my purpose here is done" he bowed in a circle towards everyone before heading towards the door, "Please enjoy your evenings" and with that the Morelander was gone leaving the room in a kind of stunned silence.

Erin hadn't expected a scene and wondered exactly how Redfern had got in, but it was always a chance someone would make an uninvited appearence, the state was vast and Ui Cenneslaig was a rather open country, espeically for their fellow CNN members. She regained her composure as the hushed talking around the hall began. " Sadly we have no time to help the Morelanders with their game of hide and seek" Erin said trying her best to seem calm, the procession continued, she had four columns of people behind her, one made up of each of the branches of the Sisterhood. The women ranged from an old wrinkled woman in black walking with a stick to some recent graduates lined up in order of seniority, the more senior woman closest to the Reverned Mother.

Erin was now stood at the box, she removed from around her neck a key on a chain. "Shai Halud you have given us your flesh to allow us to find what was once lost. Through the spice we shall find our way back to the golden path and stand ready to defend humanity. We give extra thanks this day for the Truthsayers, the Defenders of the Faith who have risked much to free your Holy Birthplace from tyranny. We pray that soon we shall all return." with that she ended the box, it was lined with a white linen cloth and upon that sat a mound of spice. Erin turned to the first woman in each line and placed a pinch of the spice on their outstretched right palm, the receiver then bowed in thanks and licked their palm thus consuming the spice. They then each took a pinch and repeated the process for the woman stood behind them, it symbolised the Reverned Mother giving her wisdom and guidance to each of the branches of the Sisterhood and then each Sister in turn passing on their experience and knowledge until after about 20 repetitions of the process the youngest in each of the four services was reached. Some of those involved had tears in their eyes as they tasted the spice, for some of the older ones it had been a very long time where as the younger ones it was a first time experience. Erin herself had once sneaked into Kaitaine and made her own spice, it was a mysterious story that surrounded the Reverned Mother, the first in over 40 years, and added to her exact knowledge of Mother McKey's final words she was deemed to be a strong Reverned Mother. She savoured the taste knowing what was next. Her eyes turned white as two nearby Truthsayers caught her and lowered her to the ground. In an almost mechanical voice she began. "I see blood, a river of blood flowing across the desert" the room had formed a circle around her now. "That blood is seeping deep into the sand, deeper than anything has gone. It has found Shai Halud who now bursts forth from the desert depth roaring and snarling. Above its head I see an Eagle, its talons sharp as it sweeps behind the giant sandworm of death. I see a bear, it is standing in the path of Shai Halud and the eagle, a Jeboah is fighting the bear moving quickly nipping here and there sending the bear into a frenzy before it runs. Now the Eagle and the Sandworm approach and the bear is torn into a hundred pieces.....so much blood.......blood" Erin began muttering.

While she lay there the Truthsayers formed a protective circle around her, each holding the smooth white crystknife in their hand. The Mothers and Missionara formed themselves into little groups each discussing what was being discussed while the Honored Matres stood together, holding hands. Suddenly one of the younger ones broke the quiet muttering with singing and before long the whole Honored Matres were singing and suddenly made a move towards Kirstin hoisting her high on their shoulders and parading her around the room as slowly more and more of the Bene Gesserit began to sing Niklaus had gathered the foreign visitors together. "In our faith songs and dance are used a lot to remember and retell past events. At the Spice Festival the Reverned Mothers vision is important, but so too is the first song of the Honored Matres. The song they sing tonight tells of the first attempt by any Truthsasyers to take back Kaitaine, it was lead by my great-great aunt or something" she wasn't sure of the full number of generations. She was captured, then escaped and lead the second rebellion against the occupiers, that too failed and she disappeared into the desert. Folklore now says she has gone searching for Shai Halud, the giant sandworm that carries away the souls of the dead and that she will come back when the Spice Harvest comes. It would seem they have determined the young Liutenant there may simply be her reincarnated or something." He knew a few of the girls, his own concubine Niveden helping toss Kirsten into the air as they sung the chours over and over. She was a member of one of the combireligions which incorporated Mahayana Buddhist practices including a belief in reincarnation. It took a good twenty minutes for the singing to stop and Kirsten now looking rather less smart than she had before her impromptu ride began was back on the floor. Erin was now back on her feet and having been sat on a chair near the box seemed once more composed.

"Ladies and Gentleman" Erin said from her seat. "Tonight we give thanks, please drink, eat , dance, make merry and remember that as we do so here the Truthsayers of Seitch will be lighting beacons in the Red Palace of Seitch, a beacon to guide Shai Halud and the souls he has collected home." The room applauded and people broke off into couples and danced as others sought out food, it was noticable several licked their finger and stuck it in the leather pouches sucking the spice off with a great smile. Niklaus found Niveden on his arm her lips stained slightly with the red dust.

"Did you enjoy my singing?" she asked as she kissed him on the cheek.

"As always" Niklaus returned her smile, "Now though dear we have guests" he motioned to the various foreign guests stood around them.

Spoiler: Song Lyrics • show

Hail, oh woman, who was so heroic,
    It was our ruin that you were in chains,
    Our fine land in the possession of thieves...
    While you were left to the foreigners!

Chorus:
        Oh-ro, welcome home
        Oh-ro, welcome home
        Oh-ro, welcome home
        Now that the harvest's coming!

Shai Halud is coming over the sea,
    Armed warriors their home to guard,
    Only Truth they speak, honour their guide...
    and they will rout the foreigners!

Chorus

May it please the sisters that we might see,
    Although we may live but one week after,
    Shai Halud and a thousand warriors...
    Dispersing the foreigners!

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2018, 06:23:52 PM »
"Well that was a real... spicy ritual so to say. And with the added Morelander effect as well!" Brassicus II chuckled for a second and turned to Alys Arselnaut "It seems everyone is dancing." Brassicus II extended his hand to the Duchess "I'd be honored to dance with you, my good lady."
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 07:20:07 PM by CabbagePreacher »

The Factbook of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1864.msg16144
The Important People of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1865.msg16145#msg16145

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2018, 07:12:56 PM »
"I don't know if a fan it the right word to describe her" Musaevna said to Consul Karpos. "I think sometimes I attract people because of my husband's business and the Bene Gesserit are well known for "educating" children from an young age. I have no idea if her interest is genuine or not. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, I guess."

While she waited for Grand Duchess of Marseille to answer her question, the whole procession started. When the Morelander made his crude appearance, Musaevna's bodyguards immediately flanked her. It proved unnecessary however as the Morelander had other plans. As the ritual in front of her started, she payed close attention. She was curious to see how the BG express themselves during the religious ritual. Seeing how their Reverned Mother reacted to the spice, she definitely won't be touching it, not that she was tempted to do so. Also, she stood away from the drinks and asked for water. She wasn't an orthodox Manist and thus she did occasionally drink alcohol but never in public and never with foreigners, let alone when her husband wasn't present. 

She returned to Consul Karpos: "Who would have thought the Morelanders would come here? And I see they haven't given up on their usual lack of courtesy. What do you think of the whole ritual? I certainly won't be using the spice I have received as gift from the hosts."

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2018, 07:35:58 PM »

Alys sensed the coolness of the Seleucid Consul and quickly moved on.

"It will surely be a long and difficult path, Ms Kadyrov. There is a core of support within Troyes. Much of the nobility fled there. I also hope to appeal to loyalists in Marseille and Aquitaine. My country was hijacked by a manipulative woman and a militant religious order. I was young and naive and had...personal problems."

Alys eventually found herself next to Grand Preacher Brassicus II. The man was charming, though perhaps a touch eager. They chatted about her short time in Seaforth and growing up in Marseille, a country much closer to his own. At the blast of the bugle, Alys startled and grabbed Brassicus' bicep, a classic and practiced move, but one that always seemed to work.

Alys was genuinely excited to see the Reverend Mother, a moment marred by that pasty faced pig of a Morelander. Alys wasn't surprised however, how could a loving God allow the sun to shine on such a forsaken place as East Moreland. Alys smiled and raised her glass at Redfern's sad little insult.

"You would know, Helite."

The excitement over for now, Alys was surprised at being asked to dance. Smiling wide she bowed in the Marseille fashion and allowed the Grand Preacer to lead her onto the dance floor.

"I'd love to Brass, you don't mind if I call you Brass, do you?"

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2018, 08:23:04 PM »
"Ah, well, some do say I have a brass-y voice and I don't mind being nicknamed. Also my name is Lahana Vaizi, Brassicus II is just my formal name so to say. Anyways we're supposed to be dancing aren't we my good lady?" Brassicus II took the Duchess by the hand and carried her to the dance floor. After dancing around for a while, Brassicus II, now tired, took a seat.

"Bloody hell, I haven't been tired since I tried to calm down the council a month ago..." Brassicus II took a deep breath "You are as courteous as you are fast while dancing. And maybe as gorgeous." Brassicus II poured himself a cup of tea, happy to be not alone in the Spice Festival "I think I might go back to Cabbagelandiet, I arrived late at the festival and missed the bloody festivities. Well atleast I met you, Alys. That's a festivity in itself!" Brassicus II laughed "Anyways, if you don't have anything to say I'll be going to my car."
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 06:51:52 PM by CabbagePreacher »

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2018, 12:09:49 AM »
While Redfern had been inside three of his Red Legionnaires had sneaked over the fence of the estate, they carried no weapons just a large hessian sack each on their back. They could hear the feed from Redfern's microphone in their ears. They found places to wait and sat. There was light security at the cars, some of the drivers and a few Truthsayers. They saw Redfern leave the house and make his way down towards where the cars were parked. They remained hidden and heard Alex pick an arguement with the group securing the cars, that was the perfect moment, the Red Legionnaires had each selected a car and using the lockpicks they'd brought with them effortlessly opened the rear doors. They removed the sacks from off their backs and gently emptied the contents on the back seat before once more silently shutting the doors. A double click on their transmit buttons told Alex, who was now being manhandled off the estate they were clear and so he threw his hands in the air  and voluntarily left. Waiting for him at the entrance was a car with Olly Thomas sat waiting, Alex opened the car door. "And my Trip Advisor review will reflect the shoddy customer service and the rudeness of the staff." he yelled before getting in. Olly grinded the gears of the car as he pulled away. "Fuck sake" Alex shook his head as they headed off back along the country road.

About a mile down the road they spotted a bright white shape reflecting in the headlight, it was Corporal Thomas Barks naked backside, Thomas pulled up as Barks pulled his trousers up and the group piled into the back seats. Thomas waited for them to get settled and then started the engine once more, struggled to put it in gear, the crunching sound filling the car. "You even got a licence" Legionnaire Saxby asked from the middle of the seats at the back. Thomas pulled back onto the road and headed back towards Claith where they'd get the flight home.

"It get done" Cpt. Peacock asked Redfern as they drove along.

"Oh year" Alex handed him the storage drive attached to the camera in his blazer button. "Plenty of faces for Grace to look at back home. Nice wine too." He removed a small bottle from his jacket pocket much to the delight of the three in the back. "How'd the delivery go?"

"Perfect" Peacock grinned, in about an hours time three rather confused Honeybadgers are going to find themselves waking up in some very pissed off persons car.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2018, 12:03:54 PM »
OOC: I will assume that this RP takes place before the recent news that Tamora offered refuge to the Bene Gesserit.

After Consul Karpos and Grand Duchess of Marseille were done talking, Musaevna excused herself and she decided to approach the Reverned Mother. She motioned her bodyguards to stay put as to not inadvertently create an incident and then she waited for when the Reverned Mother seemed not to be engaged and approached her.

"Your Holiness!" Musaevna said bowing before Erin and putting her right hand over her heart as a sign of respect. Looking at Erin she was amazed how someone so young could be the leader of their faith, she was used to the religious figures of Tamora which tended to be old and have decades of experience behind them. "

"She then proceed to present herself and state the country she came from before continuing: "First allow me to thank for inviting us to attend this religious ceremony and for giving me the chance to speak to you personally. Though our faiths are different, as a Tamoran, I enjoy seeing people thank God for His help and blessings."

"Contact between the Bene Gesserit and Tamora has been limited to my knowledge but it did exist like when the Corrino Foundation bought 50 orphan slave girls which they freed and gave them an education here. It was a very generous act that shows the kindness of your faith. I am sure the girls are doing well in your care. "

"While perhaps not many in Tamora are well aware of your struggle, those that are sympathize with it. Your quest for a country where people are allowed to practice their faith is something that us Tamorans support. What we however find amazing is how you managed to fight the government for so long, and I do not mean only the financial resources. We know the Bene Gesserit Diaspora is affluent but finding the manpower, the training and the equipment to wage a constant war is no simple task. How do you manage to do that?"

"If Your Holiness would allow me to ask, how is the fighting going. Is there a chance to see peace soon in Kataine?"

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2018, 01:17:57 PM »
Erin was pleased that some of the foreign guests were interested in meeting with her, at least this interaction wouldn't be as bad as the Refdern one or at least she hoped. "Its lovely to meet you. I hear you've made quiet an impression on one of our young Missionara" Erin smiled nervously. Her stomach was churning, she may have the whole of the faith behind her because of how they'd manipulated the rituals to select the new Reverned Mother but she was still no international diplomat. Truth be told she wasn't even much of a preacher but the stories that now surrounded her, mainly authored by the Missionara created fierce loyalty and love for her among the faithful.

"Please take a seat" Erin gestured to one of the chairs at her table, Erin was careful to craft the image to those around she was still physically recovering from the vision. "Tamora is a country we find rather intersting, your faith is one our Missionara are yet to fully investigate, I suspect Alisha will be pushing to do so in three years time but that's something we can hopefully change before she gets a chance. To date we've spent much of our time trying to stay out of the limelight, the Cultural Exchange Treaty Organisation until we broke our silence listed there being probably less than 10,000 members of our faith. Now around you tonight you probably see 1/5th of that, we're much much bigger. One of the ways we have been able to stay hidden is because of the Missionara Protectiva they have such good knowledge of different faiths its helped us integrate into other cultures. On the matter of slavery we wish no one to be in slavery, its our beleif that all service should be willingly given. Look at the Chapterhouse girls, you know many around the world will try and say they are brainwashed, forced etc but we're not. I mean just over a year ago I was taking my exams. I was then asked if I wished to be a Mother and I had no hesitation." Erin thought for a moment, "Take Duchess Agatha she was given three options the day after her graduation, shave her head as a Mother, marry Niklaus Corrino or leave the Sisterhood's service. She rather unsurprisingly became Niklaus wife. Now my understanding is the majority of your slaves are from debt, irresponsible action leads to negative outcomes and that must always be the case." she explained, "But the girls are doing well, if you like tommorrow we can arrange for you to meet with ten of them who study here in Ui Cenneslaig?"

"Kirsten!" Erin called the Truthsayer over, she saluted as she approached and then took the other seat offered to her. "I think Kirstin here could better answer your questions about the Truthsayers in Seitch." Erin repeated the questions to the fighter.

"Well Ma'am, guerrilla fighting requires a lot less resources. We have no major tank formations, no heavy equipment, no air force. We just blend in with the general public. We live in the desert. Every Bene Gesserit knows we came originally from the desert. One of our meditations actually starts with I am a Desert Creature, it means we share our home with Shai Halud. You don't need much in the desert if you know it as well as we do." Kirsten had criss crossed the Kaitaine desert on numerous occasions, there however wouldn't be a full disclosure of their methods. "You can find ways and means of getting things into our city, its not that hard if you know the desert. The problem is getting our hands on the things outside of Kaitaine, that has taken decades to work out. The original uprisings failed because they hadn't planned properly, they were spontanious moments of action brought about by emotion. This time it has all been planned, the Golden Path worked out by the Reverned Mother." Kirsten smiled at Erin thrilled to be in the prescence of the most holy individual of her faith. "The Chapterhouses help, but remember hidden away in Kaitaine is a small but loyal group of faithful. I myself was born in Arrakeen, my father works for the Kaitaine government, my mother ran one of the government stores in the city. Two years ago they divorced, not because of a lack of love but because my Mother needed to move to Seitch to aid our movement and it would have been suspicious otherwise. Now my mother runs a part of our supply operation for civilians in the city. I'm a Seitch Truthsayer." She removed her beret and showed it Musaevna, "The Jeboah, the symbol of the Truthsayer, its a gold colour, not silver. Only a Truthsayer given their beret in Seitch gets a gold badge." She was proud, as she looked around the room the others all had their silver badges and she was unique. "I served 18 months in the KDF too. Know your enemy, get decent military training and earn some money for yourself." She opened her uniform pocket and took out a single Kaitaine coin. "This was my first payment as a traitor to the Bene Gesserit. Its my hope to one day throw it into the unmarked grave of the dictator McPherson." she said definantly. "As for peace I'd like to say its going to happen tommorrow, but we're realistic, we've no air force, no heavy weapons. We're a guerrila force and we'll grind them down, the more we do so the more repressive the Soviets will become and that in turn will make more people flock to our cause. Give us three years and you'll have to come to this celebration at the real Chapterhouse."

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2018, 06:19:08 PM »
Musaevna appreciated the politeness of the Reverend Mother, she took a seat as invited and listened to what her host had to say.

"Our country is open to foreign missionaries, anyone can come and try to spread their faith or ... analyze it as you like to call it." Musaevna didn't like that particular term, it sounded too clinical. "You will find Tamora is a country abounding in religion or better said religions as we have quite a few: Islam, Catholicism, Anahitaism, Yazdânism and of course Manism. These are the official religions in at least one kingdom but there are others minority religions all over the empire. Each of them has its own schools, hospitals, universities and even media trusts. Perhaps this is why we sympathize with your struggle, we cannot imagine how it is possible to live in a country where religion is banned. As for slavery, today enslavement comes only through debt, fraud and other similar theft or violent crime. In the past when the country was constantly at war, that was also a source for slaves as was trading with other nations. Now though, Midranye is peaceful though perhaps relations are not cordial." She didn't mention Royal Seleucid by name or Slava Lavosk as to not get into "politics".

I would love to see the girls but I have to leave tomorrow, I have urgent matters to attend to and my husband doesn't like when I spend too much time abroad. I do however hope that I can see them again in a potential future visit if that's okay. I am certain that I will visit again now that I know Alisha among others. "

"Indeed I see no one is forced, all of your members seem willing and genuinely interested in following your faith. Which also makes me ask about your vision. What does it mean? I am not used to seeing something like this. Our religion certainly doesn't have such visions. "

Musaevna also listened carefully to what Kirsten had to say, looking sober. She pitied Kirsten for having to fight, that was something Tamoran women left to the men. The situation must be dire indeed if women had to fight too she concluded. She then asked:

"I have heard many rumors about the Schools of your faith, some saying that you use them to train soldiers. That isn't true right?" she said it so as to not sound offensive. "If I understood right, and please do correct me if I got it wrong, your solders are all ex KDF soldiers, right? "

"If you allow me another question, you talked about the death of President McPherson but after you win, what will you do with those that do not share your faith? That are still loyal to him or at least his ideology and greatly mistrust religion."