Poll

Who should win the Queen's Foundation 2019 Engineering Award?

Peter Simod & ZDS
2 (25%)
TUNA
3 (37.5%)
Team Dawnbreaker
3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: November 16, 2019, 07:07:01 PM

Author Topic: Queen's Foundation Awards 2019 - Engineering Vote  (Read 2569 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Queen's Foundation Awards 2019 - Engineering Vote
« on: November 11, 2019, 07:05:28 PM »
As there are three nominee's you may vote for TWO of the following (in the event of a tie the Foundation Chair i.e. me will cast the deciding vote) Voting is open until November 16th

Name of Nominee: Peter Simod & ZDS
Field Nominated in: Engineering
Reason for Nomination: Biohacking
Supporting Letter:

The nation of Nya Åland has built a reputation for scientific and engineering excellence and we recognise this around the world. As such we believe the two successful experiments by ZDS, first to utilise a range of implants to help with everyday tasks and then to effectively create a kind of temporary "Night sight" have earned them the right for global recognition as leaders in their field.

Stein Ulfsson
Head Gothi Nya Åland

Name of Nominee: Treaty of Unity for Nations of the Alucard (TUNA)
Reason for Nomination: Ocean clean up operations
Supporting Letter:

There has been a long history of nations creating pollution through their engineering advances. This year we saw what became the TUNA nations work together to create Alucard Ocean Holding Group. This organisation have put into place one of the most ambitious projects to try and reverse this and as such deserve to be nominated for a global award.

Stein Ulfsson
Head Gothi Nya Åland

Name of Nominee: Team Dawnbreaker
Reason for Nomination: New Solar Powered Landspeed Record
Supporting Letter:

To be able to nominate a group of post graduate students I supervise is both an honour and a privilege. The Dawnbreaker team constructed a vehicle that using only the power of the Sun was able to go faster than any other sun powered vehicle has ever gone before, it shows that vehicles based around renewable energy can be more than what public attitude may brand them. I have hopes that this is only the beginning for this team of keen minds and we may see more developments in this field from them.

Luke Ayanami