Author Topic: Map Claim Consultation  (Read 2032 times)

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Map Claim Consultation
« on: June 21, 2020, 10:48:45 PM »
Currently our map claim rules are split between two types of nation

(5) There shall be two types of nations, primary and secondary, as defined by law.

(6) Members are free to determine their own population, territory size and GDP, but must adhere to the following limitations:
(a) For primary nations:
(i) A population cap of 500 million residents;
(ii) A total Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of 20 trillion USD; and
(iii) Six claims on the map.
(b) For secondary nations:
(i) A population cap of 50 million residents;
(ii) A total Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of 5 trillion USD; and
(iii) Three claims on the map.
(c) Any additional limitations prescribed by law.

A few people have creative ideas for several nations but are constrained by the current rules. I'm proposing a change to the following.

(5) There shall be two types of nations, primary and secondary, as defined by law.

(6) Members are free to determine their own population, territory size and GDP, but must adhere to the following limitations:
(a) For primary claims may have as many nations as the member wishes but no more than six map spaces
(i) A population cap of 500 million residents between all 6 spaces;
(ii) A total Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of 20 trillion USD; and
(iii)
(b) For secondary claims, these shall unlock at 400 posts and may add a further 3 map spaces, each of which could be an individual nation.
(i) A population cap of 50 million residents between the three spaces;
(ii) A total Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of 5 trillion USD; and
(iii) Three claims on the map.
(c) Any additional limitations prescribed by law.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Re: Map Claim Consultation
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 11:44:32 PM »
Just a note from the Cartographer to say that I don't believe this affects the map update mechanism at all, this doesn't change the number of territories people are allowed nor does it affect anything else in how I operate the map system except I potentially add more nations per update.

I would like to float that in terms of a primary claim I would suggest people retain a coherent territory claim (see EM, Rokkenjima, Tytor etc on the current map)

Secondaries I appreciate in this situation could be former colonies and so on and on that basis I would not object to there being three territories scattered across the map but I would also expect if that is going to happen that the history aspect as well as impact on the area of Mundus the 'colony' is going into be accounted for.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 08:32:34 PM »
I admit i was an enthusiastic supporter of the idea on Discord until Dave mentioned that it would most likely lead to having more nations that are inactive because players would spread their available time over more nations. Imagine how time consuming it would be to manage three nations let alone four, to rp meetings, news, reply to world events like yellow tongue. There's a great chance that we'll just have more inactive( though small in size) nations. That being said, I am not opposed to it but i am not supportive of it either.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 09:32:13 PM »
So what is the decision on this? Are the proposed changes adopted?

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 09:35:17 PM »
Personally I say for now the rules are staying the same. Seems not enough interest and my fear of it making more inactivity means I'm not going to push it. Doesn't hurt to periodically throw in things to consider.