« on: August 10, 2021, 11:40:20 PM »
—NOTHING—
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 04:39:35 PM by Nova »

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Re: Summoned in Valtheim (Achkaerin & Heyra)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 02:37:26 AM »
It was the job of Kumiko Arkwright, the Chief of Staff and quite probably the Emperor's closest friend to greet the Heyran ambassador. It was turning into what the Palace staff called 'one of those weeks', a term used to imply there was an awful lot going on and they weren't wrong, the situation concerning Heyra merely added to already long list of matters they were working through, the situation in Lodja being the most notable other item. Kumiko adjusted her glasses as she greeted the ambassador "Madame ambassador, Kumiko Arkwright Chief of Staff if you'll come with me please." she said calmly.

Kumiko proceeded to lead the ambassador through the Marble Palace, to the library, it was oddly enough here and not his private study that the Emperor preferred to meet people and sure enough there waiting perusing the many shelves was the monarch himself Emperor Peter.
"Ambassador Brox Your Majesty." Kumiko said getting Peter's attention as the Achkaerinese Emperor put a copy of Murder on the Ardian Express back on the shelves
"Ah yes thank you Kumiko." Peter said turning from the shelves.
"I've asked for some refreshments to be brought up." Kumiko said
"Please tell me it's Becky's baking." Peter said, referring to the daughter of the Royal chef, Kumiko nodded while Peter turned his attention to the Ambassador "Ambassador Brox thank you for responding so quickly, especially given that time is a critical factor in situations like this and even more so with the amount of confusion. I'm hoping you can shed some light on what looks like a remarkably suspect situation because as I've got a lot of different people in different groups giving me a lot of different opinions about what to do. So if you'll excuse my being blunt, what is going on?"

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 04:43:48 PM »
Peter's eyes flicked to Kumiko as the requested refreshments were brought in by an aide, the Emperor and the Chief of Staff being close friends meant that they knew how to read each other without words and in that moment neither of them were wholly convinced by what the ambassador was saying, some of it stacked up but some of it didn't, the  Emperor took a few moments to think, choosing to ignore the apparent attempt to pull the metaphorical wool over his eyes, situations that were under full control didn't prompt unprecedented summits, if anything such summits were an indication that things were not under control.

"Thank you for the explanation." Peter said "However let me ask this - on what basis are you saying that General Ahmadi is a rebel? Where's the motive? Where's the evidence? If that's still being investigated then it strikes me that you're rushing to judgement. You know as well as I that this situation will likely be discussed in many places across Mundus and while the respect that East Moreland and Seaforth get from many quarters is enough to buy a wait and see approach on the Heyran Homeland aspect Elysium is a different matter, so please help me understand the basis on which you say that this General has gone rogue."

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2021, 05:09:23 PM »
"Now you're twisting my words and doing me a disservice for I did no such thing." Peter said not liking the tone of the ambassador interpreting it as disrespectful and potentially malicious "You have what is being described as a coup going on in your country, that is an incident that will as a matter of course be discussed in every nation on Mundus because it has implications across the board, the response to such a situation usually is what you and I would call a knee jerk one history shows that however East Moreland's track record and that of Seaforth in dealing with such situations in the Illumic means that most nations who are on good terms with them such as Achkaerin, such as Rokkenjima and so on will let them attempt to deal with that part and only step in if they request it, that's what buying the wait and see approach means it's based on their reputation, it means I don't have to do anything significant." he shouldn't need to spell that out but apparently he did "In fact all I am being advised to do at this point is secure the safety of the Achkaerinese ambassador to Heyra and the embassy staff as well as some stuff the Board of Trade want me to look at.

Now as far as Elysium goes I will ask again - what evidence do you have that General Ahmadi has gone rogue?"

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2021, 06:07:40 PM »
Peter picked up a drink from the refreshments tray and invited the ambassador to do the same. "I don't assume any mandate unless the law requires it, madame ambassador and you would do well to note that Achkaerin does not militarily intervene in a situation except in five clearly defined circumstances, none of which apply to this situation as it stands.

I am assuming this is coup in your country because that allows me to hope it isn't but be prepared for the worst if it is, as a result of that I don't only have to consider what is happening right now but what might happen next, just because you tell me there's no fighting today does not mean that will be the case tomorrow, as a result the recommendation I'm being given is to get Achkaerinese citizens to safety rather than take that risk. My intention is following this meeting to issue a travel advisory, an advisory that will last until things settle down at the same time I will be taking steps to evacuate Achkaerinese citizens in Heyra and as our initial press release stated the situation will be monitored." he paused "But also understand this we have our reasons around here not to be so trusting of Tamora, but I'm not in the habit of calling foul without the facts so I will wait and see what the investigations conclude, but if I may give a word of advice for your chairwoman should you speak with her, it's generally not a good idea to give away very specific details of a military nature in a press conference, sort of lets the other side know what's coming."