Author Topic: Grand OOC Idea: Commonwealth of Nations - Catholic Version (Majority catholics)  (Read 5167 times)

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
To (OOC) ES (Me), Quintelia, Nexon, Nemerie, Solónya and all other Catholic majory nations. I propose that we shall create an association for catholic majority countries, sorta based on the Commonwealth of Nations where the head will be the current pope along with a Secretary-General (high-ranking politician, ambassador etc) and Chair-in-Office (a Head of State/Gov.); the latter two are for elections (correct me if I'm wrong naturally).

Goals could be to support the the Church in all member states, culturally, politically, socially...and not to say the least economically (namely each government will receive Church donations, yearly naturally, a few billions hehe). Perhaps we could also restrict the membership to only those who've declared it as a State-Religion etc?

Feel free to offer suggestions, feedback etc! If this would be successful, think of a new revolution all of us would have created...

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
Yes, sign me up.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
I don't have a majority Catholic nation in either Achkaerin or Vafleon so obviously wouldn't be a part of this either way. However if I may just make a constructive comment about what I read from this proposal.

My understanding is that your Pope is the head of the Church and already would have the authority to do everything you propose in fact he would be expected to, same as the High Priestess of the Cult of Helus, the High Priestess of the Cult of Namis and any other head of a faith would.

So my question has to be why are you proposing to have two elected officials? Doing that is surely politicizing religion to an extent not presently seen on Mundus and added to which I don't see the benefit of that unless the organisation is going to discuss the Catholic Church's position on certain matters such as whatever crisis happens to be befalling Mundus this month. This also would create at least one IC issue that I can think of. I'm not saying this is a bad idea I'm just querying why you've chosen this model of doing it - after all the Commonwealth of Nations isn't based on a religion it's a group of nations that were part of an Empire.

Offline Nexon

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Roman Nexon
Sure, I am cool with this

Offline Nexon

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Roman Nexon
I’m in favour of this organisation.

Offline Sam

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Saheristan
I wonder if it'd be a benefit to work out some kind of background for the Abrahamic religions on Mundus. It'd probably be really complicated to work out, especially since the geography doesn't make sense, and we don't thus far have any historical bad blood from the Crusades, inquisitions or European imperialism.

Still, might be helpful to have a broad idea of who Mundus Isa/Jesus was, and subsequent prophets like Muhammad.

Not meaning to gatecrash the thread, but it's OOC so I thought I'd throw the thought out there.

President Khalid Amin Ashkan
The Republic of Saheristan

Wiki Pages:
Saheristan Profile
Insurgency in Lalishistan

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
True, I've been working on that for a couple of weeks - may have an idea on it, not wanting to confuse the thread by going off at a tangent so if people want to discuss get hold of me on Discord.