Author Topic: Mr Ravenswood Goes to Pyrena  (Read 3925 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Mr Ravenswood Goes to Pyrena
« on: August 29, 2018, 06:59:41 PM »
The flight from Achkaerin to Rokkenjima had been on the agenda for a while, in truth it hadn't been planned to occur for a few more days mainly because of an annual business matter that needed to be attended to but typically as seemed to be the case on Mundus things were getting out of control rapidly. So here Emerson Ravenswood was sat on his jet heading to take up his new responsibilities as the Viceregent of Rokkenjima a few days earlier than he'd intended, and who did he have to thank for the accelerated timetable? Well that would be firstly the Heyran Government and secondly the Empress of Rokkenjima, he wasn't entirely impressed with either on the one hand the most outrageous breach of diplomatic protocol in the history of Mundus and on the other an apparent refusal to learn the lessons of the recent past. He'd expected that his first job would be to sort out the new Imperial Council but no, now he had to handle something a little more tricky than that first and he wasn't entirely happy about that either. He'd spent the flight reading up on things, everything from refreshing his knowledge on the various aspects of Rokkenjima culture, law, government and other institutions to a certain Heyran statement and of course the hours old Imperial Address.

Emerson was accompanied on the flight by is adopted daughter Amy, which was probably expected, and, probably not that expected, an entourage of people. It was quite unusual for Emerson to travel with so many people unless of course he was going somewhere with a number of the musical artists signed to his label of Red Moon Music.

"More fun and games?" Amy asked sitting down opposite Emerson
"I'm going to have to take a leaf from Peter's book I think." Emerson said
"How so?" Amy asked
"Every day have a couple of hours set aside to handle the 'what has Beatrice done now?' stuff." Emerson said, he finished reading the document in front of him "Add hiring a communications director to the to do list."
"Ok." Amy said
"Ladies and gentlemen we're making our final approach to Pyrena airport, please fasten your seatbelts." the voice of the pilot came over the intercom.

A short time later they were on the ground, cars were being unloaded from the jet ready for the next leg of the trip, Emerson was now finishing a phone call as they watched, eventually he finished and hung up and looked at Amy.

"Take the entourage to the Palace, let's at least get things in hand before Beatrice announces the other major event that's coming." Emerson said "I'll catch up before too long but I'm going to swing by the Diet first and see the key players there."
"Firefighting?" Amy asked
"Yes." Emerson said "We need to hit the ground running."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: Mr Ravenswood Goes to Pyrena
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 02:22:56 AM »

Pyrena Castle

With the Imperial Address behind her and the announcements regarding some of the agenda items for the near future Beatrice took the opportunity to relax, playing the harpsichord in Pyrena Castle's auditorium. It was one of the joys she missed in her time away from home, later she would approach the Castle's organ before turning in for the night. It would be to the Auditorium that the Castle staff would lead Amy and the accompanying entourage, where Beatrice would be nearly finished with her playing. "Do excuse me, I often find myself lost in time when here, and it seems today is no exception. Welcome to Pyrena," she said with a bow.

"Two of the jewels of Pyrena Castle, her organ and harpsichord," Beatrice said with a smile as she motioned to the two instruments. "Should you ever wish to play yourself the Auditorium is available at all hours, and I find it to be one of the best ways to relax after a most challenging day. There's also a variety of programming available on the DVR should you instead wish to consume media, however, I know that's not why you're here. Now then, is there anywhere you would wish to begin?" Beatrice asked.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 09:54:06 PM »
"Right now we're in a holding pattern waiting for my adopted father." Amy said "He's on his way but he's stopped at the Diet first to sort out a more immediate problem. Until he gets here I think we'll do the one thing we can do without him which would be discussing your daughter."

Emerson had arrived at the Diet, not the first stop he'd intended on making but needs must and all that. He made his way inside the building he'd arranged to meet with the leaders of the political parties and some of the other key names in both chambers he doubted what he'd thought up would be popular with them but he was getting sick of the tit for tat and it was time to do something about it.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 12:28:46 PM »
"I see, let us move to the Green Sitting Room then," Beatrice replied as she motioned for the door. "What is it you would wish to discuss concerning the Crown Princess?" she continued as they made their way through the halls of Pyrena.

Premier Koizumi was on hand to meet Emerson at the Imperial Diet. "Honourable Vicegerent, the other leaders are awaiting inside," he said upon his arrival. "Is there anything I can do for you before we begin?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 09:59:53 PM »
"Yourself and my adopted father previously discussed the fact that Adriana needs time to be a child just as much as she needs to be Crown Princess." Amy said, this was a slightly delicate matter but it was the one which she was most able to discuss and put in play as it were while waiting for her father to catch up. "Now I'm not going to tell you how to handle the first half of that you're her mother, what I am going to advise you on is that rather than sending her out on your behalf which isn't the best of ideas given that she's fourteen years old that you let her learn the trade from someone who's been there and done it at her age. We both know someone capable of that."

"Not really Premier." Emerson said "In a few days the two of us, the Vice Premier and the other members of your government will have time to sit down and talk but for right now there's a fire that needs putting out and the sooner this unpleasantness is done the better."

Emerson allowed Koizumi to lead him into a room where the other political party leaders were sat waiting.

"Firstly it's great to finally meet all of you and rest assured we will over the next few days have time to get to know each other very well." Emerson said "I hadn't been intending on coming to the Diet first I had initially planned on seeing the Empress but that was before Heyra went and did what they did. That act is unprecedented, it is diplomatically outrageous and damaging to Heyra's international standing but all of that said it doesn't look good for Rokkenjima either, the content of the treaty that was being negotiated is now public knowledge and it's going to have raised plenty of eyebrows and echoed of a previous similar situation as there's a potential interpretation of events based on this that I don't like.

So here's what I want you to do, fairly quickly I want the Diet to pass a motion that effectively slaps the Empress on the wrist, you're going to make it clear that as the legislative body that the Diet must approve by ratification every treaty that Rokkenjima signs and that trading principles for favours is not acceptable, we've been there before we're not going there again. You will remind the Empress that you have the obligation as the representatives of the people to hold her to account. I wish it wasn't necessary but it needs to happen.

Moving forwards in a few days the Empress will submit to the Diet a list of names, this will be the makeup of the new appointee's to the Imperial Council, this list will not include those members of the Diet who will have the right to sit on it. The Diet will vote on each name and say yes or no, I will make you aware that the Imperial Councillor for Intelligence will not be voted on because that position will not be filled on the same basis at this time due to something else that is going to happen. Once the position is to be permanently filled the Diet will get its vote on the person."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 05:19:48 AM »
Beatrice nodded and, with a calm demeanour and a shrug, replied. "That expedition was her idea, not mine, although I suppose my own experiences since the time of losing my own mother and father, and taking on the duties of Crown and Country, have left me at times with different notions as to what a future Empress of Rokkenjima should be allowed to experience. My fear of killing her initiative outweighed the inherent judgement that she should have been told to find other outlets for her energy, enjoy her youth, and allow those who are experienced to deal with these issues. I recognize that of course, but as I'm sure you know fate hasn't been so kind to the Anselmo Family, so I've had to learn things as I go," she sighed.

"We're very much of the same accord, however," she continued. "So, let us see what you have in mind."

As Premier Koizumi was about to speak Katsuhiko Sugano held up his hand to silence him, a light chuckle emanated before he spoke. "I'm certain, as one who has researched Rokkenjima prior to your arrival, that one would recognize the Empress holds the final say on all matters of importance, whether they be domestic or foreign in nature. We're speaking of that Empress who reforged Rokkenjima, with the mandate of Islyna, from those thieving Republicans who plundered our nation, restoring Rokkenjima to its rightful place and stature. For someone to come from afar and say that we must denounce her sovereign right, I cannot...." "Thank you Sugano, but that's quite enough," Koizumi said in a stern voice.

"Vicegerent, naturally I am aware of the issues you present and trust me when I say we have plans in place in response which will complement the directives you've presented today. In talks before my electoral win the Empress and I discussed at length those changes which were necessary as the Rokkenjiman Democracy continues to strengthen, including more oversight over matters of foreign affairs. Thus, prior to presentation and implementation, the Empress will present treaties, policy changes, and other such matters to the House of Councillors to allow for a mechanism of oversight. I am also confident that Sugano will be supportive of our endeavours as we move forward."

"As for the Imperial Council, these are matters I place great trust in yourself and the Empress to handle. Any measure of support which I am capable of providing, including working with those in the Diet to ensure the necessary votes are provided, is at your disposal." As Koizumi finished speaking Sugano nodded lightly, "Let us work together for the common good of Empire and Empress."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 09:16:30 PM »
"We're also speaking of an Empress who lied in a sworn statement, was found out before it was an issue and then lied a second time despite it being safe to tell the truth and right now is having to contend with the implications of that. And you really think it wise to allow her to cause even more self inflicted damage?" Emerson asked looking at Sugano "Now you can sit there and say it won't matter in the future as much as you want, but I'm not worried about the future I'm more concerned with the matter at hand, your Empress will be interpreted as being prepared to trade human rights for a military installation, so I'm urging you to take the sting out of the situation by passing a motion that says that discussing things like that without your knowledge is not acceptable. And frankly if you're going to put the mechanism in place then you start as you mean to go on."

He then turned his gaze to the Premier
"You put those measures in place sooner rather than later and I expect weekly progress briefings." Emerson said "Now if you'll excuse me I'm due at Pyrena."

"The point is that Adriana doesn't need to learn as she goes." Amy said slowly "What she needs is someone she can spend time with and learn from while not being put in a decision making position, preferably someone who's well travelled and experienced and without putting too fine a point on it someone who's not family and has the time on their hands. We'll set aside some time in a few days for that to happen and see what occurs from it." She glanced at her phone, Emerson had sent a message that he was on his way "Dad's on his way, should be here in a few minutes and then things get interesting."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 06:16:30 AM »
"It's as good as done," Koizumi said, looking to Sugano before returning his gaze to the Vicegerent.

"I do agree," Beatrice replied, "we can set such things into motion following some scheduled tours and family time we've set aside upon her return." Upon the news that Emerson would soon be joining them Beatrice saw that some tea was put on, "Let our work begin then," she said with a nod.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2018, 01:38:22 AM »
Emerson had spent the time that elapsed as he drove from the Diet to Pyrena Castle reassessing the task he had to initially take on, the simple inescapable truth was that to much of the international community Rokkenjima's image was at the very least a tarnished one, a series of statements and actions that were at times ill judged, other times reckless but most of the time it was the inaction that had done the damage. The Empress herself wasn't completely out of the woods yet either courtesy of the perjury conviction against her name. Emerson had known when he took the job on that one of his first priorities had to be rebuilding the image Rokkenjima projected internationally, positions consistent with international law, understanding and addressing concerns, understanding clearly that it wasn't so much what was said that mattered but the action that implemented it as the Morelander's said 'deeds not words'. He knew that in order to achieve this he was going to have to shake things up, this was why the Imperial Council had been dismissed and would be reformed, this was why he'd just been to the Diet, because it needed to be made clear that the Empress and the Diet had to work together there was no way he was prepared to allow anything less on his watch.

Priority number two was Adriana, the girl who would after Beatrice sit on the Rokkenjiman throne, she needed experience but she also needed to be allowed to enjoy her youth, a difficult balance but he'd put forward a plan when he'd been interviewed and it would be implemented. Calls had been made, decisions had been taken and if all went well that would soon be in motion.

Which brought Emerson to the more immediate problem, a problem emphasized by the presence of a black bus like vehicle and several cars, normally an entourage this big would never happen but these weren't normal circumstances. The problem? The Anausa and certain allegations and potential implications thereof. Having parked his car Emerson went over to the black bus, in truth a mobile command vehicle, and knocked

"Let's go see her." he said.

A few moments later Emerson as well as a man and a woman, both had been on the bus, were stepping inside Pyrena where Amy met them.

"How'd the Diet go?" Amy asked
"We'll see." Emerson said "I think they'll do it because there's no other choice. What about you?"
"I think she's with us on this." Amy said "Now the hard part right?"
"It sure is." Emerson said
"Right this way then." Amy said

Amy led Emerson and his two companions to where Beatrice was waiting for them, the Empress and Viceregent exchanged their pleasantries and then they all sat down.
"Allow me to introduce you to Matthew Kirby and Kayleigh Pryde, both work in Achkaerinese intelligence. Mr Kirby?" Emerson said

"Your Majesty, the Viceregent has explained to the pair of us the situation of the Anausa and its present state we already know some of this due to information that was passed onto us a few months ago, in simple terms as you know the Anausa is a corrupted entity due to the actions of certain individuals, what we don't know is the extent of that corruption, what it entailed and who was involved. The Viceregent I believe already has your agreement for a review of the Anausa to take place, which is why I'm here, I've been asked by the Viceregent to with your agreement oversee the review, this is not going to be a short process by any means due to who is involved we are going to be going all the way back to when you and Charles Ofdensen first got to know each other." Matthew said

"The more immediate problem your Majesty." Kayleigh said stepping in when Matthew had finished "Is the Anausa's second role, they aren't just a component of Rokkenjima's intelligence community they are also the bodyguards for you and your family. Clearly the risk posed to you and your family by the Anausa at this time is not acceptable and that arrangement cannot continue until the review is complete and acted upon. My responsibility, with your agreement, will be to head up the security of your family until such time as we can determine whether or not the Anausa can resume that responsibility, at which point further decisions will need to be taken one way or the other but I suggest we cross that bridge when we get to it."

"I apologize for the ambush." Emerson said looking at Beatrice "But you and I both know this needed dealing with first."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2018, 05:25:21 PM »
"I'm aware of this," Beatrice replied, "although I do believe Lucinda would be of value in this pursuit. Her knowledge and insight would certainly bring the speed of this process to a more swift pace. I do trust that every thought has been put into the plan which has been constructed, so we shall see where things go. The prospects we face are daunting, however, all true Anauša are loyal to the Empress above all else, so there may be some hope there."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2018, 11:35:27 PM »
"Kayleigh you brought other people along for the rest of the family?" Emerson asked
"Yes I'm the primary on the Empress I have others for the rest of the family." Kayleigh said
"Get on with it then." Emerson said
"We need the review announcing publicly." Matthew said
"We'll deal with that." Emerson said "Weekly reports Matthew." Matthew nodded

Emerson let out a sigh that the tricky part of the day was over as Kayleigh and Matthew left to go about their responsibilities, he then excused himself to the corridor it was time to get on with the big job and now Amy handed him a familiar bit of paper, it was the makeup of the reformed Imperial Council in terms of position:

Empress: Beatrice Anselmp
Viceregent: Emerson Ravenswood
Head of Imperial Household: Henry Cole

Chief of Staff:
Imperial Councillor for Domestic Affairs:
Imperial Councillor for Foreign Affairs:
Imperial Councilor for Intelligence: Kayleigh Pryde (until review of Anausa is complete)
Imperial Councilor for Treasury and Finance:
Imperial Councilor for the Armed Forces:
Attorney for the Crown: Lucius Stanley
Imperial Councilor for Environmental Affairs:
Imperial Councilor for Industry:
Imperial Councilor for Information:

Premier of Rokkenjima: Shinjirō Koizumi
Vice Premier of Rokkenjima: Katsuhiko Sugano
Minister of Home/Domestic Affairs:
Minister of Foreign Affairs:
Minister of Defence:
Minister of Justice:
Minister of Economic Affairs:
Minister of Business:
Speaker of the Commons/Councillors (only one decided by them):

Other Ministers as appropriate depending on the agenda of the Council meeting

"Koizumi will deal with the cabinet" Amy said "So where do you want to start?"
"Notebook?" Emerson asked
"Here." Amy said handing him an A5 black leatherbound notebook it had the list of candidates by position in it. Emerson looked at the list
"We'll start with Domestic Affairs, get that done today if we can because our friend doesn't get in till tomorrow and we're going to need her." Emerson said he tapped the page "Is this his address?"
"Yeah." Amy said
"Ok then let's go and see him." Emerson said "You're driving."
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 12:19:29 AM by Achkaerin »

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2018, 09:17:04 PM »
Kensington was at the door before the sound of their tires even stopped, holding the door open as a light autumn breeze comforted him. "The scent," he said simply, "You'll find nothing like it in any other season. You've the decaying leaves of the prior season, the scent fades the closer you get to winter, but it's unforgettable. Politics, too, is much the same. Come on in," he continued.

"Kayleigh," Beatrice said as she moved about the kitchen, "We used to have staff here more often, but some years ago now the Emperor and I started making meals together, as a family. I know we don't know each other that well yet, however, it play on my mind and makes things a bit harder to approach. You miss not only people, but the presence they occupied in your life. Alex in Dartfordia, David thinking the worst of me, Charles the knife of betrayal which he aimed all too well. Please don't allow me to ramble," she paused with a semi-forced smile, "Give me reason to fill this kitchen's air with delicious notes; if you can name it I should be able to make it."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2018, 12:26:16 AM »
Emerson and Amy followed Kensington inside, the man was a respected and experienced political figure a former representative of Rokkenjima at the CTO. It hadn't been difficult to put the man appointed during Evanthe's time on Rokkenjima's throne at the top of the list of candidates for the Imperial Council, he wasn't a 'yes man' that was for sure. Once Kensington had closed the door, Emerson waited a few moments.

"I apologise for doorstepping you like this, however I hope you'll understand the need for discretion and keeping the circle of knowledge small." Emerson said "One of my initial concerns as Viceregent was the manner in which decisions were made by Rokkenjima's leadership, the idea that the Imperial Council had a decision making responsibility seemed to render certain aspects of the Diet surplus to requirements. Now it is the position of both myself and the Empress that the Imperial Council become a united body of advisors and members of the Diet government that exists to keep the Empress updated on events and various opinions thereof while the Imperial Councillors become advisors. One of my tasks at present is to present a new group of Imperial Councillors to the Empress for her approval, and I'm not looking at people who are just going to agree with her it needs to be people who are reasonable, who will be honest and frank with her and who are prepared to play devil's advocate with her."

Emerson paused for a few moments before continuing

"You are an experienced and respected political figure who knows what it is to serve your country now as Viceregent I'm asking you to serve again." he extended his hand in front of Kensington looking the man in the air "I'd like to put your name forward as Imperial Councillor for domestic affairs if you're willing."

Kayleigh giggled, this wasn't unfamiliar territory for her after all she'd done close protection before and knew that it was important to have a strong relationship with her protectee, but this was the Empress of Rokkenjima more interestingly this was the Empress of Rokkenjima rambling on a bit about various things, helpful because it was an insight into Beatrice's mindset not that helpful because it created a few issues for Beatrice's mentality.

"My last name's Pryde but my dad's names Kessel." Kayleigh said "Pryde was my mother's maiden name, Seaforthian born and bred she was, came to study in Achkaerin and fell in love with my dad but she died when I was a teenager and it's taken me a long time to get past that, my dad got remarried and I hated him for it we didn't really speak for years I was in the army so didn't really have to see him and then the war in Seaforth happened and after that I just remember thinking 'do I hate him this much?' After all that death I needed to see him so when I got home I went to see him and I kicked myself, I still kick myself because I missed years, I let the hate I developed for him and my stepmother change me and rob me of years of family and the only thing more disappointing than that is that it took a war to drive me straight back to where I needed to be."

Kayleigh paused for a moment before fidgeting with her leather jacket and looking Beatrice in the eye.

"Don't make the same mistake I did, don't let all the anger and all the negativity consume you because you'll come to regret letting it happen. Charles betrayed you? East Moreland caught him, Achkaerin prosecuted him and he's now rotting in one of the most secure prisons on Mundus where he will never hurt anyone ever again. King David thinks the worst of you? This isn't Harry Potter you can't magically make someone like you by casting Imperio." she made the gesture in thin air as if waving a magic wand "Yes you were foolish in your actions but people can learn from their mistakes and what is broken can be rebuilt it may take time but nothing worthwhile is ever achieved without a good deal of hardwork. Alex is in Dartfordia? He's your husband, he loves you and clearly you love him, you want him back here? Get yourself on the Imperial Concorde, fly out there and bring him back yourself show him how much he means to you, this is all within your control - Charles has no hold over you anymore, with time you'll find your opportunity to rebuild things with King David and you've got the means to go and see your husband so what's stopping you?

There's no outside factor it's all in here." she placed a finger on Beatrice's forehead "All your demons are in here all born out of hate and anger and all given life recently. You want to know how to slay those demons? The secret lies here." she moved her finger from Beatrice's forehead and placed her hand carefully on Beatrice's heart "If hate's where all the foolishness is then love is where all the wisdom is, if hate's where all the darkness is then love's where all the light is. If you trust nothing else right now then trust this simple beat and let it guide you."

Kayleigh smiled and let her words sink in for a moment, she hadn't intended to give a mini lecture but that's what had happened

"My friends call me Kay" she said "Now then when was the last time you made a pizza?"

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2018, 06:22:01 PM »
"Domestic Affairs, eh?" Kensington asked rhetorically. "I'm not sure how much use I'll be there, always been working in a more diplomatic setting since I got my start in Seaforth and Somerset. I imagine you have a reason behind your decision though so once we have that I'll be happy to make my choice. What skills of mine do you see which fit this domestic role?"

"As for honesty and not agreeing, those I can easily do. Take the Tamoran issue, nasty business slavery is isn't it? You think it would be as simple as the Empress saying "slavery has no place in the 21st Century" and going from there. We've now a situation where the Empress of Rokkenjima apparently panders to slavers, and why? Can't imagine it's done your work load any favours either," he continued with a chuckle.

"You know, you're quite right," Beatrice said with a smile, "I can go and pick up Alex whenever I want, it's not like I don't have a plane at my disposal, and David, while more difficult, that's not in the realms of impossibility either. Thank you for sharing with me, I am happy to have you here and maybe I'm starting to remember who I am, not who fear has pushed me to become. It's been a long time, but maybe it's time for a good few people to be reminded who Beatrice Anselmo is, yes?"

"As for pizza, we won't be doing with any store-bought dough or sauce, they don't lend themselves well to a properly crafted pizza. I've sauce in the cupboard, you can see where they were grown right out that window," she continued as she pointed. "I suppose the question now is toppings, I'll get things gathered as you name them off."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2018, 09:58:33 PM »
"I'll be blunt you were never Beatrice Anselmo's pick." Emerson said "You were always Evanthe's. If I wanted someone accustomed to Domestic Affairs within Rokkenjima I'd pick a former Premier which in simple terms is a list of Hartnell, Nettie Taylor, Yuriko Faust and Abe. The problem with picking a former Premier though is that such a person to fill the role required would have to have experience outside Rokkenjima and only the two ladies do but both are scarred by Pyrena in different ways. You have the experience of another nation you have the understanding of how things should operate. And as you've never served on the Imperial Council or in the Rokkenjiman Government you have never been a yes man of the Crown. That's what we need and that's why I want you." Emerson said "And honestly the sooner I get the Imperial Council sorted the sooner I start delegating some of the work load it's all a little one man band at the moment."

Depends which Beatrice Anselmo you are though. Kayleigh thought as Beatrice went about preparing food, she wasn't going to voice that yet the last thing anyone needed was the Empress's mental state going places it should never go. When she'd agreed to do this she'd had a lot of conversations with a lot of her colleagues who'd done royal protection and she'd soon realised that she'd have to go to a level she'd never been to. It wasn't just about the physical condition of the protectee but the mental state as well.

"I think some Pepperoni and some chilli." Kayleigh said "Personal favourite when I do this at home."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2018, 07:13:01 AM »
"She did have the knowledge to put me up for Governor of Rishiri, let's give her credit where it is due, although I knew eventually Ms. Marino would ascend to the role. She's the experience and history on the Rishiri side, good head on her shoulders, think she's gotten on well with the Ironsides in the past too. I've no reservations about signing up," Kensington said extending his hand, "and I thank you for thinking of me. Some Northern sensibility may do well down here in Pyrena."

"Good choices," Beatrice said as she moved about the kitchen. As she prepared ingredients she couldn't help but think of Lucinda, "I do hope she's not giving them much trouble in Achkaerin," she said aloud, "Lucinda's intense at times, but her heart is pure. The Anauša hold spiritual roots you see, in the Rosari Faith they fight under Sekhma until their souls are purified. On Mundus, they were to be the hand which fought for the Empress, though as with any construct of mortal design corruption always has a way in. It makes the betrayal of Charles all that more difficult as he was one of my mother's most trusted friends; the Republicans you could see it coming and it was expected, but to this day I don't know what came over Charles and that's something I wish to one day learn."

As they talked Beatrice had been spreading and placing ingredients, "The oven should be to temperature shortly."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2019, 11:29:36 PM »
The following morning found Emerson in a reasonably good mood it was one down and however many to go. He'd left Kensington's name, proposed position and his acceptance of it on Beatrice's desk, the rumblings of looming trouble across Mundus did dictate his headhunting for the day however.

"So who are we going after today?" Amy asked after they'd had breakfast
"Foreign Affairs and Armed Forces." Emerson said he looked at his watch "What time's her flight?"
"Doesn't get in for three hours." Amy said
"Then we start with Armed Forces." Emerson said "Let's get on with it."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2019, 08:35:57 PM »
Emerson and Amy would find themselves led to the former IRN Cecelia Anselmo, one of the newer additions to the Imperial Reserve Fleet. It had been a vessel that Rowe had personally commanded, operating it near Thomradian waters when the threat of persecution faced one of the minority populations of the Soviet satellite state. "I hear the Empress will be keeping this one around," he said upon hearing them walk onto the bridge. He rose from the captain's chair and turned to properly greet them, "I tried telling her that it would be expensive, but she thinks preserving her as a piece of moving history is worth the expenses. Not too different from the ships of sail some fleets maintain for similar purposes, the Republicans didn't see the worth of preserving those so perhaps this may be the best we have."

"Well then, are we to discuss the transition from Cole to my assumption of the rank of Grand Marshal?" he asked.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2019, 07:51:38 PM »
"I always preferred the sky to the sea to be honest." Emerson said, he'd been a pilot in the Achkaerin Air Force so had his bias in that respect, "Now then the matter of your rank is a matter for the Empress she is after all your commander in chief not I. My intention today is to ask you to serve as the Imperial Councillor for the Armed Forces."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2019, 08:30:15 AM »
"I have no objections to assuming the role," Rowe replied. "It's always been the designs of the Imperial Government that the IRAF have a voice through the Navy, so it would be in line with Rokkenjiman tradition. Now then, before you depart," he said, turning to Emerson, "I've a target set up and a few shells to spare before her guns go quiet for quite some time. Would you like the honours?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2019, 05:33:41 PM »
Emerson glanced at his watch, they still had time, he smiled